Criss Angel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
i'm sure some of you guys have seen him. if you haven't youtube him and you can check him out for yourself.

the dude is an absolute WITCH! i've seriously never seen anything like him before. i can't even BEGIN to understand his illusions. the walking through glass and walking on water are incredible. his levitating tricks are mind boggling. the latest one -- he laid down on broken glass in the middle of a gold course (unannounced!) and had a steamroller run him over!

anyone heard rumors of how he does some of this sh!t?? i'm not big on magicians and tricks, but honestly, the way he just . . . does all his stuff out on the street -- it's fuggin unbelieveable. if you haven't seen him at all, check him out.

is anyone else as impressed by this dude as i am?

silver_tears
Criss

leonidas
okay . . .

BackFire
The guy looks ridiculous, his tricks aren't all that impressive either. Mostly just obvious camera edits that aren't hugely noticeable.

chillmeistergen
Is he the goth looking chap? If so, yeah I've seen him; he's almost as annoying as that stuttering, mumbling knobber - David Blaine

silver_tears
Originally posted by leonidas
i'm sure some of you guys have seen him. if you haven't youtube him and you can check him out for yourself.

the dude is an absolute WITCH! i've seriously never seen anything like him before. i can't even BEGIN to understand his illusions. the walking through glass and walking on water are incredible. his levitating tricks are mind boggling. the latest one -- he laid down on broken glass in the middle of a gold course (unannounced!) and had a steamroller run him over!

anyone heard rumors of how he does some of this sh!t?? i'm not big on magicians and tricks, but honestly, the way he just . . . does all his stuff out on the street -- it's fuggin unbelieveable. if you haven't seen him at all, check him out.

He wasn't at a golf course for the steamroller thing btw.
The walking on water was a bit suspicious.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but some of his tricks are weak looking.

ragesRemorse
the poser with a lisp LOL. I dislike the over the top smoke and mirrors magic tricks.

Though i know many hate david blaine, he comes across to me as more sincere and lagitamate. He also has a better knack of imposing the mysterious guy thing than angel.

silver_tears
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
the poser with a lisp LOL. I dislike the over the top smoke and mirrors magic tricks.

Though i know many hate david blaine, he comes across to me as more sincere and lagitamate. He also has a better knack of imposing the mysterious guy thing than angel.

If anything Blaine is the bigger pretentious douchebag, and he's not even good, he fails.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by silver_tears

Yeah. I think he might not have actually done it. Do you?

silver_tears
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Yeah. I think he might not have actually done it. Do you?

I just think there was something supporting him underneath, transparent plastic perhaps?

Victor Von Doom
I just think there was something supporting him underneath, transparent plastic perhaps?

I was being sarcastic, but now I feel guilty.

It is a clever trick though. I don't really know how he does it.

silver_tears
I was being sarcastic, but now I feel guilty.

It is a clever trick though. I don't really know how he does it.

sly

leonidas
He wasn't at a golf course for the steamroller thing btw.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but some of his tricks are weak looking.

ah, cool. i had it confused. did he levitate over a tree at a golf course? i think that was it.

and . . . camera edits?? confused

he does stuff out on the street -- IN FRONT of people. you think they ALL work for him? possible i suppose, but very unlikely. as for the plastic supporting him -- i'm not buying that. the dude dropped a shoe through the path he took, people were swimming in front of him and even underneath him.

OBVIOUSLY these things are tricks -- but they are the smoothest i've ever seen. and i agree -- blaine sucks. he's not an illusionist, he's a pubicity-hound and a freak, imo. erm

Victor Von Doom
Well, logically he must be stepping on something solid.

ragesRemorse
If anything Blaine is the bigger pretentious douchebag, and he's not even good, he fails.

how do you figure he's a bigger prentious douchebag? I wouldnt say that eigther one is pretentious. They are performers. I admire both artists ability to entertain, i just feel as though blaine does it in a non glamourised manner. Angel is all about the spectacle, where as blaine seems to draw people in with his personality. Blaine uses his personality in place of the spectacle that angel uses.

Fail or not, performing stunts is a much loved tradition not only in the magic world but in the entertainment world. I feel as though when ever someone attempts to pull everyone out of their mundane world by attempting a stunt that envokes wonder, its always a good thing. I personally just dont like angels style, he comes across as someone trying to hard to me.

chillmeistergen
I loved the fact that when Blaine did that stupid box thing in London, people attached burgers to remote control planes, and teased him with them.

mr.smiley
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
how do you figure he's a bigger prentious douchebag? I wouldnt say that eigther one is pretentious. They are performers. I admire both artists ability to entertain, i just feel as though blaine does it in a non glamourised manner. Angel is all about the spectacle, where as blaine seems to draw people in with his personality. Blaine uses his personality in place of the spectacle that angel uses.

Fail or not, performing stunts is a much loved tradition not only in the magic world but in the entertainment world. I feel as though when ever someone attempts to pull everyone out of their mundane world by attempting a stunt that envokes wonder, its always a good thing. I personally just dont like angels style, he comes across as someone trying to hard to me.

Both have their own style but I agree somewhat with silver_tears.In the magic community theirs defenitly a lot more hate going around for Blaine than Angel.It's no secret about how many edits Blaine used in his first special.Even Penn & Teller have made comments about Blaine.Angel surronds himself with other pro-magicians such as Lance Burton.I'm not going to bash Blaine but I do think Angel is far better.His version of sinful was amazing.I can't belive he did Saw either.Much better than I do it!

People have a habit of saying they know how they do some of these more complicated tricks.The way I see it,if they think it's so easy to perform then put a video on youtube of yourself doing it and prove it to everyone.Otherwise enjoy it for what it is.AN ILLUSION.Of course it's not real.But you don't know how they do it.Most the time you'll never guess it either.

chillmeistergen
The magic community? Does that range from children's entertainers, to Criss Angel?

BackFire
Well, logically he must be stepping on something solid.

No, it's the whole him being a fairy thing that allows him to do gay shit like flutter on water, it was his pink wings, they just edited them out for TV.

Maybe if you took your eyes off of his dick from time to time you'd notice this shit, god damn it.

FeceMan
Originally posted by BackFire
The guy looks ridiculous, his tricks aren't all that impressive either. Mostly just obvious camera edits that aren't hugely noticeable.
His teleporting garbage can one is the worst. An old woman replaces a young guy.
No, it's the whole him being a fairy thing that allows him to do gay shit like flutter on water, it was his pink wings, they just edited them out for TV.

Maybe if you took your eyes off of his dick from time to time you'd notice this shit, god damn it.
LOL.

xmarksthespot
I never understood the appeal of David Blaine. Being locked inside a box for a long period of time with no intended outcome is not a magic trick. ermm

JacopeX
Criss Angel >>> David Blaine

And I doubt there was any edits to his magic tricks........

Fishy
That guy is good, but this guy is better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjTo8EirVVo

Magee
He got ran over by a steam roller? Sorry but that must have been faked in some way or another if he didnt instantly die. Same for most of his tricks imo. I remember seeing him fill an empty beer can up and make it sealed again, its all camera trickery.

jaden101
most of his tricks are generally just rip off's of other magicians...the levitation was david blane...the walking through glass was paul zenon...the walking on water was a bunch of british magicians including pete firman and alistair cook in tricks from the bible and monkey magic

mr.smiley
Originally posted by jaden101
most of his tricks are generally just rip off's of other magicians...the levitation was david blane...the walking through glass was paul zenon...the walking on water was a bunch of british magicians including pete firman and alistair cook in tricks from the bible and monkey magic

exactly.

Everyone says all these tricks are camera edits and it's not always so.Alot of these tricks were created from other magicians who use them on the street.However,the levitation doesn't realy belong to Blaine either.Others were doing the same kind of levitation before Blaine.It's derived from the Balduccio (spellcheck) levitation i belive.

I do think Criss has used some camera edits though.His sleight of hand with the Ciggerete (i think episode 27 or 33) has one part we he simply hides the ciggerete from the camera's view while the spectators could probably see it plain as day.His building levitation was a camera edit most likely.

mr.smiley
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
The magic community? Does that range from children's entertainers, to Criss Angel?

I would say more along the lines of street magicians.Google it in and you should find quite a few websites that bring up the issue.However,their are a lot of Angel haters out their too.Alot of magicians accuse him of the same stuff as Blaine.

ThePittman
We had a big debate over both of their tricks in the Religion form, many of them I can see how he does or how it could be done and yes they both use lots of "helpers" and camera tricks.

Victor Von Doom

Suck it, spastic.

Why do people always feel the need to point out that they don't really do the things? Obviously ****ing not. No-one sat there thinking he actually got steamrollered.

Xmarks- I think Blaine was emulating some of the old feats performed by magicians back in the day. Usually revolved around endurance and that.

jaden101
Originally posted by mr.smiley
exactly.

Everyone says all these tricks are camera edits and it's not always so.Alot of these tricks were created from other magicians who use them on the street.However,the levitation doesn't realy belong to Blaine either.Others were doing the same kind of levitation before Blaine.It's derived from the Balduccio (spellcheck) levitation i belive.

I do think Criss has used some camera edits though.His sleight of hand with the Ciggerete (i think episode 27 or 33) has one part we he simply hides the ciggerete from the camera's view while the spectators could probably see it plain as day.His building levitation was a camera edit most likely.

camera edits are definitely used in people's reactions...this much i know from David Blaine's levitation because i know for a fact that he did the 1 foot tip-toe levitation...got the reaction from the people then went back to the same spot and used wires to levitate higher then cut that with the people's reactions to make it look like both happened at the same time

another one he does that involves cuts and edits is when he makes it appear as if a person was thinking about a name and then he burns that name onto his arm by setting fire to the paper....this is done by getting the person to write the name then asking if the wrote it in small or capital letters...then saying, dependant on their answer, to do it in the other format...he then takes the old bit of paper and rips it up in such a way the he keeps the whole name in his hand and discards the rest of the paper....he then walks off while the person writes the name again...checks the paper...writes the name on his arm with a grease pen so when he finally rubs the paper on his arm the grease blackens and shows up

leonidas
camera edits are definitely used in people's reactions...this much i know from David Blaine's levitation because i know for a fact that he did the 1 foot tip-toe levitation...got the reaction from the people then went back to the same spot and used wires to levitate higher then cut that with the people's reactions to make it look like both happened at the same time

another one he does that involves cuts and edits is when he makes it appear as if a person was thinking about a name and then he burns that name onto his arm by setting fire to the paper....this is done by getting the person to write the name then asking if the wrote it in small or capital letters...then saying, dependant on their answer, to do it in the other format...he then takes the old bit of paper and rips it up in such a way the he keeps the whole name in his hand and discards the rest of the paper....he then walks off while the person writes the name again...checks the paper...writes the name on his arm with a grease pen so when he finally rubs the paper on his arm the grease blackens and shows up

interesting. thanks for the info. smile

Devil King
I'm most impressed by the fact that he's 40 and looks like he's in his 20s.

Ronny
Originally posted by Devil King
I'm most impressed by the fact that he's 40 and looks like he's in his 20s. He must use a really good moisturizer stick out tongue. Plus he has a damn fine body.

WheretoVirtue?
He drove blindfolded with Mandy Moore, on the roads with a car in one show. And I was like "And the trick is...?" Anyone can pretend to be blind, just because you happen to be with Mandy Moore doesn't make it, in a whole, anything more than what I could have seen in Jacka**.

grey fox

Profiled

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by WheretoVirtue?
He drove blindfolded with Mandy Moore, on the roads with a car in one show. And I was like "And the trick is...?" Anyone can pretend to be blind, just because you happen to be with Mandy Moore doesn't make it, in a whole, anything more than what I could have seen in Jacka**.

Exactly, I see people driving blindfolded every day. Where's their TV show?

Well? Where is it?

chillmeistergen
Some of the OAPs I see driving, appear to be doing it while blind. Either that, or they're too attentive and seem to want to stop, and read every single sign post in full detail. You just can't win.

BackFire
Exactly, I see people driving blindfolded every day. Where's their TV show?

Well? Where is it?

On Fox, coming this Fall.

King Kandy
ah, cool. i had it confused. did he levitate over a tree at a golf course? i think that was it.

and . . . camera edits?? confused

he does stuff out on the street -- IN FRONT of people. you think they ALL work for him? possible i suppose, but very unlikely. as for the plastic supporting him -- i'm not buying that. the dude dropped a shoe through the path he took, people were swimming in front of him and even underneath him.

OBVIOUSLY these things are tricks -- but they are the smoothest i've ever seen. and i agree -- blaine sucks. he's not an illusionist, he's a pubicity-hound and a freak, imo. erm
I think it was a very small platform big enough for him to fit on, and the swimmers were guiding it... He could just kick his shoes in front of it.

Selina*Starfire

HELL yeah, this guy is AMAZING! I'm not big on magicians either (except in Harry's world, lol vin) but Criss is UNbelievable. It's hard not to be impressed by what he does.

BlaxicanHydra

It's interesting how no one has responded to this.

leonheartmm
actually david copperfield also made the eifel tower disappear INFRONT of people{a whole city in this case}

he also levitates{actually flies which is a lot more impressive than criss's levitation} INFRONT of people, and 3d rings are rotated around him in a geometrical way which is impossible to do were there any wires etc} INFRONT of people, and yet, hes a las vegas showman. he admits that its all trickery and the MAGIC is in trying to see people unable to make sense of it and be amazed.

leonidas you dont actually believe david copperfield is a WITCH do you?

leonheartmm
oooh nice itachi sig!

BlaxicanHydra
I realize that its magic. Rather, he's debunking the "camera edits" idea. He's fooling the hundreds of people a different way.

leonheartmm
i admit, it cud be just camera edits or hiring actors in places of the PEOPLE you think in the show. but hiring that many doesnt seem too practical, although it wudnt be the most unheard trick in the history of showmanship either.

jaden101
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
I realize that its magic. Rather, he's debunking the "camera edits" idea. He's fooling the hundreds of people a different way.

camera edits are exactly what used....he does the basic trick with platforms in the pool infront of people

he then cuts it with other footage filmed later (ie with wires with the woman swimming under him) laces the whole thing together with the sound from the "real" peoples reactions

the trick is on the viewer of the programme more than the people in the pool

as for fooling hundreds of people...there's maybe 20 around that pool at most

dont get me wrong...i'm not saying it isn't entertaining to watch...but it's better on tv than it is in the flesh because its edited to be that way

Victor Von Doom
The sound is a bit shit. You can hear people saying 'How is he doing that?!' in a foolish manner.

Mišt
http://youtube.com/watch?v=N14yFe_DDww

Woo! Magic! jam

WheretoVirtue?
A magician is someone who preforms magic tricks in prospects of amusing an audience.

Are you amused by Criss Angel MindFreak? Of course you are.
Were you cheated, fooled or tricked while watching it? Of course you were.
Then job well done, Criss Angel.

People who say "He's a fake!" or "I'm not buying it."..exactly what do you expect? Magical powers? Magicians aren't sorcerer's, they're illusionist's. And just because you figured out one trick with your TVO doesn't mean anything.

BlaxicanHydra
Originally posted by leonheartmm
oooh nice itachi sig!

Thanks smile

Symmetric Chaos

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
OK but where did all the people come from? Are we supposed to assume they were all behind the hummer?

perhaps there was a trailer on the hummer hauling them ? confused

WheretoVirtue?
OK but where did all the people come from? Are we supposed to assume they were all behind the hummer?

Fine. Yes, you are. ASSUME!

Symmetric Chaos
Fine. Yes, you are. ASSUME!

B-but thats makes and Ass of U and Me sad

leonidas
Originally posted by leonheartmm
actually david copperfield also made the eifel tower disappear INFRONT of people{a whole city in this case}

he also levitates{actually flies which is a lot more impressive than criss's levitation} INFRONT of people, and 3d rings are rotated around him in a geometrical way which is impossible to do were there any wires etc} INFRONT of people, and yet, hes a las vegas showman. he admits that its all trickery and the MAGIC is in trying to see people unable to make sense of it and be amazed.

leonidas you dont actually believe david copperfield is a WITCH do you?

what, you mean you don't? roll eyes (sarcastic)

and thanks to blax for getting exactly what i was saying. smile

JesusTheChrist
Oh ***** plz, until Criss Angel gets tortured, crucified, and come back alive, I ain't impressed.

Magee
OK but where did all the people come from? Are we supposed to assume they were all behind the hummer? They could all have easily stood in single/double line in front or behind the car which would still let him cover them all with his body.

jaden101
A magician is someone who preforms magic tricks in prospects of amusing an audience.

Are you amused by Criss Angel MindFreak? Of course you are.
Were you cheated, fooled or tricked while watching it? Of course you were.
Then job well done, Criss Angel.

People who say "He's a fake!" or "I'm not buying it."..exactly what do you expect? Magical powers? Magicians aren't sorcerer's, they're illusionist's. And just because you figured out one trick with your TVO doesn't mean anything.

the problem is that there seems to be people here who genuinely believe its not staged and that they really are using magic powers

Mišt

No, we're supposed to assume they were already in position, we just couldnt see them because they're invisible.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/6044/shadowlo9.jpg

Whats this shadow coming from then?

WheretoVirtue?
B-but thats makes and Ass of U and Me sad

That can only be used so many times until you're just an ass.

Symmetric Chaos

WheretoVirtue?
the problem is that there seems to be people here who genuinely believe its not staged and that they really are using magic powers

And who really cares about those, really, really stupid people?

leonidas
umm . . . who exactly do you think believes he uses REAL magic again? confused

cuz, i haven't seen or heard anyone say that . . . i asked for an explanation of the some of the tricks, and wanted to know if anyone else thought his illusions were pretty damn cool. some of the explanations sound good to me, others . . . suck. either way, i learned a few things and that's what i was after.

WheretoVirtue?
umm . . . who exactly do you think believes he uses REAL magic again? confused

Magic and real don't live beside eachother, ever.

jaden101
quoted you...check

quote someone else...oh no. wait...

office jesus
Criss Angel is about as believable as the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny.

leonidas
quoted you...check

quote someone else...oh no. wait...

laughing out loud

so you thought i actually believed a guy was a . . . witch? confused that's funny. and, aside from the above, where exactly did you quote me . . .?

anyway, you've obviously never heard the word WITCH used as slang. a pitcher who has awesome stuff in a baseball game is often called a 'witch', as is any athlete or person who does something so cool or impossible to the avg person that it seems almost "magical".

note, i don't mean said athlete "actually" wields supernatural powers . . . roll eyes (sarcastic)

leonidas
Magic and real don't live beside eachother, ever.

um . . . okay?

jaden101
laughing out loud

so you thought i actually believed a guy was a . . . witch? confused that's funny. and, aside from the above, where exactly did you quote me . . .?

anyway, you've obviously never heard the word WITCH used as slang. a pitcher who has awesome stuff in a baseball game is often called a 'witch', as is any athlete or person who does something so cool or impossible to the avg person that it seems almost "magical".

note, i don't mean said athlete "actually" wields supernatural powers . . . roll eyes (sarcastic)

we're not speaking about baseball players are we?

WheretoVirtue?
um . . . okay?

Oh yes. It's more fun to word strangely things. yes

leonidas
Oh yes. It's more fun to word strangely things. yes

laughing out loud

allofyousuckkk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=i-ythagqGQI

if this isnt done with editting, you can see at the end 9his last step) he goes to put his foot in and it goes underwater, so he pulls it up and hops on the ledge

xXSituationsXx

I freaked out in the wood chopper video. embarrasment I cried. embarrasment
But he is amazing.
I have been in love with him for 2 months now love lol he is unbelievable, isn't he?
But yea, his tricks are quite simple to do when you figure it out. But it's still for entertainment happy

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by xXSituationsXx
I freaked out in the wood chopper video. embarrasment I cried. embarrasment
But he is amazing.
I have been in love with him for 2 months now love lol he is unbelievable, isn't he?
But yea, his tricks are quite simple to do when you figure it out. But it's still for entertainment happy

You are...12?

botankus
You are...12?

She likes Slayer, I'll give her that much, I suppose.

ragesRemorse
i dont believe anyone with a lisp is magical. Angel should brew a potion to cure his speech impediment. And stop buying clothes that demand an..."oh he's a badass" observation, then maybe i would enjoy him smile

Taylorxx
You are...12?

Victor Von Doom
Apologies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.