Most surprising moment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

llagrok
Which "comic book moment" was the most surprising one you've ever had? There has without doubt been plenty of them, but which one was THE most surprising one?

When I realized that Xorn was Magneto I was surprised as hell or when I learned that Havok was the nexus of all realities. Make a list people, be creative!

GGS
That Gambit was the guy behind the morlock tunnel massacre.

Joseph was just a clone.

The X-Statix end arc.

Alexander Luthor turning out to be a d**k

Dr Light turning out to be one sick dog

Are the ones i can think off the top of my head.

outavodka
Parallax was a Fear Parasite

SilverSurfer owning Cable

Wolverine stripd of adamantium

Bart's return in Barry's suit

Blue Beetle shot in the head

When Dona Troy/Omen died

RedHood Revealed

Thor's Return in Ultimates2

Clor's Destruction in CilvilWar

SuperBoyPrime tearing thru GLC

Drax killing Thanos

Cap dying

Alpha Flight dying on like a page and a half

Luke Cage kicking Elektra in the vagina

Captin Boomerang taking out Robin's father

Sentry Ripping Carnage in half in space

can think of more but ide be here all night

llagrok
Gambit's entire involvement with Mr.Sinister
- This surprised me quite a lot actually, I always thought Gambit had been involved with some bad guys, but that horrible.

Morg dying
- Another big Annihilation surprise (too many to list) I thought the guy was almost unbeatable, he always used to rumble with the Surfer and such.

Rogue not being raped
- I always thought the guards forced themselves on Rogue during her depowered stay in the Savage Land, since it was hinted at. But then this article proved me wrong, huzzah.

Black Bolt losing
- Hey, it was a big surprise. I never actually thought the writers would dare to make him lose and off panel at that.

guy222
Originally posted by llagrok
Which "comic book moment" was the most surprising one you've ever had? There has without doubt been plenty of them, but which one was THE most surprising one?

When I realized that Xorn was Magneto I was surprised as hell or when I learned that Havok was the nexus of all realities. Make a list people, be creative!

Galactus afraid of Ego
Batman punching Spectre
Iron Man being a *****
Galactus losing to Deathwings
Sue 'beating' Celestials(hey Sue try that in the new Eternals mini)

Redatom65
ultron pummeling pym to make him a wife!

Martian_mind
Mary Marvel beating Captain Atom...and taking more then a page to do it...

Endless Mike
Lightray dying

jumpmann
wasnt that surprising it was on the cover

Kris Blaze
Any more surprises?

roughrider
Several moments in Joss Whedon's/John Cassaday's Astonishing X-Men run.

- The dramatic entrance of Colossus, still thought to be dead.

- Cyclops emerging from a coma without his power(and visor), shooting the Hellfire Club members with a gun and smirking. big grin

- Scott telling Emma under fire that he loves her, sending the b*tch goddess into shocked silence.

- B*tch no.2 Abigail Brand, revealing to a stunned Beast she has the hots for him. big grin

- Kitty merging with the giant missile heading for Earth, phasing it through the whole planet. eek!

JakeTheBank
The Loki/Dr. Doom alliance revealed in the current Thor volume, before Dark Reign was even out. Seeing Doom in cohoots with Loki got me psyched for an inevitable Thor vs. Loki/Doom issue.

Darth Vicious
-Magneto ripping the adamantium out of Wolverine.
-Jason Todd alive during the Hush storyline. It was Clayface but before we knew it was him it was a big shock.
Cap/Batman deaths.

TheKahn
Jarvis Skrull

Thor beating the dogshite out of Iron Man

Norman Osborn killing the Skrull queen

Superboy dying

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
when I learned that Havok was the nexus of all realities. Make a list people, be creative!
wait what?

Alpha Centauri
Captain America dying or Superman dying.

Everything else was a little surprising, but not something I assumed was possible.

Bane breaking Batman's back in Knightfall.

-AC

-Pr-
Colossus' return. I've never had such a big smile on my face as i did when i watched him smack the living shit out of Ord. i'd waited what, ten years, to see him do what he does best.

Scott saying yes to Emma's invitation to sleep with her psychically.

WickedDynamite
I concur with Colosssus return. He's among my faves (more than Wolverine for that matter) Xmen.

In recent memory I don't think there wasn't a BIGGER surprise than the return of the Anti-Monitor in the Sinestro Corps Special.

Seriously, when I turn the page and saw the image of Superboy, Hank, and AM it was pure "OH SHITZ!"

StiltmanFTW
Punisher killing his family.

Trackz
-Emma revealing that Wolverine had a son
-MI:13 using Plokta against Dracula
-Superman diving into the Sun in our worlds at war
Ultimate Thor teleporting the skrull bomb into another dimension.

Philosophía
When Sobek took a piece of Osiris was a moment that I definitley didn't expect.

I don't know if it's the biggest surprise, but the one that first pops into my mind.

-Pr-
Blackest Night has had a few "holy crap" moments, imo.

Blanket
Dr Light putting his dib in Sue

Hilariously shocking

Omgu8mynewt
When Megneto ripped Wolverines adamantium out of him, and then him discovering he had bone claws as part of his natural mutation.

Or, in Uncanny X men when you find out wolverine actually DID try to kill Cyclops to try to get Jean blink

H. S. 6
Peter Parker unmasking.

I honestly didn't believe it would happen.

Juntai
Antimonitor unveiling in the sinestro corp.

starlock
Wolverine's bone claws....the reveal was great..i dont remember any leaks..spoilers...it was just wow! eek!

xJLxKing
Kyle's death in GLC then his resurrection in the next issue

krisblaze
Iceman being gay

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.