X-men VS. The Hulk?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MicRoth
I Just had a thought, could the X-men have a chance against the hulk, or would they be pulverized from his might?

guy222
Originally posted by MicRoth
I Just had a thought, could the X-men have a chance against the hulk, or would they be pulverized from his might?

Welcome smile

Logan is the last one standing

Hulk FTW

Arctic
X-Men win

What If...
...you don't even know what X-men team he is referring to..

llagrok
Unless this is just Beast, Shadowcat, Gambit and Cyclops, they should have a fair chance at winning.

Unfortunately all decent X-men are in space atm.

Xplosive
Depends who is on the team.
But since Hulk is not very smart, they could win.

endrict
Will someone pick a team...

Hitman911
Didn't Spiderman kick their asses solo?

endrict
If it's classic Blue/Gold team, Hulk has a good chance of winning. The X-men since then got new mutants and old muties got upgrades that tips the scale to their side.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Xplosive
Depends who is on the team.
But since Hulk is not very smart, they could win.

At the moment he's quite competent actually.

Fast
If you mean all X-Men then it's no question. Do you mean only Astonishing, adjectiveless, a classic team, etc.?

His Airness
The team thats gonna face off against him in WWH. They'll get that ass busted.

Superboy Prime
I don't know...

Colossus should be able to hang with him for a while...Logan has always been shown to give Hulk trouble--more like an annoyance but still--Cyclops...hmm forgot who else is on the team. I think I saw Vulcan in it?

However that is WWH...he will smithe them.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Hulk wins here. Doesn't matter which X team.

His Airness
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
I don't know...

Colossus should be able to hang with him for a while...Logan has always been shown to give Hulk trouble--more like an annoyance but still--Cyclops...hmm forgot who else is on the team. I think I saw Vulcan in it?

However that is WWH...he will smithe them.

Along wih Jobbernat they'll get "smashed".

pr1983

not this again... sad

i must have spent at least five pages debating over whether hulk's sonic clap could hurt a phased kitty...

me, x and several others came to the conclusion that it wouldnt...

snoopdogg
Originally posted by pr1983
not this again... sad

i must have spent at least five pages debating over whether hulk's sonic clap could hurt a phased kitty...

me, x and several others came to the conclusion that it wouldnt... Perhaps we will see when they battle WW Hulk soon.

norrinradd43
nightcrawler teleports sword into his brain for the win

Jebus reborn
Kitty, Storm, Colossus, Cable, Wolverine.

Those are really the only ones off the top of my head, that can stand up to him.

pr1983
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Perhaps we will see when they battle WW Hulk soon.

wwh is a hulk vehicle though... i mean, we saw what he did to blackbolt...

norrinradd43
what did he do to black bolt i havent seen it yet?

pr1983
Originally posted by norrinradd43
what did he do to black bolt i havent seen it yet?

in a word, or 3, f*cked him up...

norrinradd43
anybody got the scans. i have the comic at home, im in the military and my mom pics up my comics every week so i only get to cram every so often

Symmetric Chaos
wwh is a hulk vehicle though... i mean, we saw what he did to blackbolt...

Thats just one feat though no expression

Nothing else he's done is outlandish.

tjcoady
if this is every X-man ever... then I think they would win, easily. but the original poster REALLY needs to specify which x-men it is...

pr1983
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Thats just one feat though no expression

Nothing else he's done is outlandish.

as yet... though in fairness, the blackbolt thing gave him plenty of outlandishness to work off...

Symmetric Chaos
as yet... though in fairness, the blackbolt thing gave him plenty of outlandishness to work off...

shifty

Though besides Strange there aren't a ton of people on his hit list that are of that threat level (since Sentry's psychic thingy is almost certainly going to fail and he's just going to match strength with Hulk like . . . well every Superman rip would)

pr1983
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
shifty

Though besides Strange there aren't a ton of people on his hit list that are of that threat level (since Sentry's psychic thingy is almost certainly going to fail and he's just going to match strength with Hulk like . . . well every Superman rip would)

stick out tongue

i don't see hulk as he is in wwh going down to anyone (bar strange) easily... or difficultly... i just hope the resolution of wwh is done well...

tjcoady
stick out tongue

i don't see hulk as he is in wwh going down to anyone (bar strange) easily... or difficultly... i just hope the resolution of wwh is done well...

me too. if they're going to make the Hulk during WWH more powerful than any character, they better keep it consistent

llagrok
stick out tongue

Sentry's got more power, skill and versatility. Hulk'll go down easily, IF the Sentry chooses to fight.

Cable could take the Hulk, Polaris could take him, Rachel could take him, Psylocke could take him, Iceman could take him. There are plenty of people with more than enough power and skill to take down the Hulk.

Unfortunately we all know they won't get a fair fight, since Pak himself said that he was trying to squeeze in as many x-men as he could. Which means that neither of them will be displayed properly. I imagine plenty will get punched out before even getting a chance to use their powers. Not that most of these people couldn't kill him in an instant.

Rogue, Wolverine, Colossus, Kitty, Havok and Rachel. That should make a pretty decent match.

For the record, Hulk taking down Black Bolt was complete PIS.

snoopdogg
None of Rogues team will be involved. Mostly Astonishing I heard.

llagrok
None of Rogues team will be involved. Mostly Astonishing I heard.

Yeah, astonishing and new x-men I think.

There are a lot of weak links in those two teams, I don't think anyone can hang with Hulk except Gentle and Colossus.

pr1983
Originally posted by llagrok
Sentry's got more power, skill and versatility. Hulk'll go down easily, IF the Sentry chooses to fight.

Cable could take the Hulk, Polaris could take him, Rachel could take him, Psylocke could take him, Iceman could take him. There are plenty of people with more than enough power and skill to take down the Hulk.

sentry so far is a flash in the pan... on paper, sure, he might have what it takes, but we'll have to see whether he's even included...

didnt cable lose his powers? polaris, rachel, psylocke and iceman, maybe, but they'd have to fight intelligently, and as i said, this is wwh, its his vehicle, and that has to be taken into account...

we know... thats kind of the point we were making...

smoke55
the bloodsuckers hulk wins if juggernaut can take them solo so can huc.

llagrok
sentry so far is a flash in the pan... on paper, sure, he might have what it takes, but we'll have to see whether he's even included...

didnt cable lose his powers? polaris, rachel, psylocke and iceman, maybe, but they'd have to fight intelligently, and as i said, this is wwh, its his vehicle, and that has to be taken into account...

we know... thats kind of the point we were making...

Polaris will never have any problems taking out Hulk, and she always fight intelligently. Psylocke was pretty much made immortal by Jamie, so I can't really see Hulk taking out her. Iceman could lose on CIS and I was pushing it with Rachel. She's had a lot of crappy showings lately, current Rachel would probably lose, lose hard.

I'd like to see Gentle and Rockslide fight 'im.

pr1983
Polaris will never have any problems taking out Hulk, and she always fight intelligently. Psylocke was pretty much made immortal by Jamie, so I can't really see Hulk taking out her. Iceman could lose on CIS and I was pushing it with Rachel. She's had a lot of crappy showings lately, current Rachel would probably lose, lose hard.

I'd like to see Gentle and Rockslide fight 'im.

yes, polaris and psylocke would... why? because as i said, its a hulk comic, they wont get to fight intelligently... unless someone at marvel has decided that world war hulk will end with polaris and psylocke taking him down...

and lets not forget, he took down blackbolt... PIS or not, that sets the standard for how powerful hulk will be...

snoopdogg

I'd like to see Gentle and Rockslide fight 'im. Rockslide would get smoked big time. He was no match for Colossus at all.

llagrok
Rockslide would get smoked big time. He was no match for Colossus at all.

I'd like to see how the students do against Hulk nonetheless. They're both tanks so they won't take him down, still be a great fight though.

pr1983
Rockslide would get smoked big time. He was no match for Colossus at all.

yeah, thats true... colossus is really the only x-man physically close to being capable of taking on hulk...

llagrok
yes, polaris and psylocke would... why? because as i said, its a hulk comic, they wont get to fight intelligently... unless someone at marvel has decided that world war hulk will end with polaris and psylocke taking him down...

and lets not forget, he took down blackbolt... PIS or not, that sets the standard for how powerful hulk will be...

Yeah, but all the things Polaris could do him, some things just can't be ignored.

WWH will probably end up as a PIS ridden crossover that people like Quanchi and strengthkills will worship, while most others realize that you can't take it seriously.

For some reason Pak things that giving Hulk a couple of mid meta team-mates will even out the odds for him. But hey, if people do like Iron man I recon it won't take long until he's made his way through them all.

llagrok
yeah, thats true... colossus is really the only x-man physically close to being capable of taking on hulk...

Gentle owns.

Leo.M
The x men, hands down.

playa1258
hulk is underrated. hulk could kill most of the x-men with one punch.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by playa1258

. . .

llagrok
Originally posted by playa1258

And most x-men could erase him at the blink of an eye.

Point?

strengthkills
Yeah, but all the things Polaris could do him, some things just can't be ignored.

WWH will probably end up as a PIS ridden crossover that people like Quanchi and strengthkills will worship, while most others realize that you can't take it seriously.

For some reason Pak things that giving Hulk a couple of mid meta team-mates will even out the odds for him. But hey, if people do like Iron man I recon it won't take long until he's made his way through them all. yeah a guy with potential for infinite everything,how could he be good roll eyes (sarcastic)
guys like llagrok are to stupid to understand infinite potential though,so I expect PIS to be through around quite often smile

llagrok
Originally posted by strengthkills
yeah a guy with potential for infinite everything,how could he be good roll eyes (sarcastic)
guys like llagrok are to stupid to understand infinite potential though,so I expect PIS to be through around quite often smile

Wanna talk infinite potential?

Iceman
Professor x (after crystal)
Elixir
Rachel

There's your infinite potential.

He's only got potential strength and durability, these guys pretty much got potential omnipotence.

Spankyham
Wolverine.
Colossus.
Jean Grey.
Nightcrawler.
Iceman.

Hulk will know they exist.

srankmissingnin
PIS aside a single thunder clap would be pretty devastating to a lot of the x-men. The X-Men without enhanced durability or a force field up would have ruptured organs and massive amounts of internal damage and anyone who wasn't take out of the fight immediately (or dead) would be in the fetal position vomiting since their inner ear was just royally f@cked.

nimbus006
not this again... sad

me, x and several others came to the conclusion that it wouldnt...

Im interested in knowing why you think it would fail to hurt her... Kitty has the ability to phase through solid matter, Hulk's clap is a form of kinetic energy. Why would she be able t phase through it, that is unless she developed a new ability to phase through all forms of matter? Im just curious cuz its an interesting debate...

strengthkills
Wanna talk infinite potential?

Iceman
Professor x (after crystal)
Elixir
Rachel

There's your infinite potential.

He's only got potential strength and durability, these guys pretty much got potential omnipotence. infinite strength and durability,wouldnt infinite durability mean u cant be knocked out or killedconfused,not to mention stamina and insane healing factor ....kind of put ur foot in your mouth huh

strengthkills
Originally posted by Spankyham
Wolverine.
Colossus.
Jean Grey.
Nightcrawler.
Iceman.

Hulk will know they exist. take out collosus and add x and i agree thumb up

Emperor Ashtar
Colosus can't hold a candle to the Hulk.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Collosus can't hold a candle to the Hulk.

Im pretty sure he could go toe to toe for a couple panels before being outclassed. But thats all he would need to do to give the others time.

Emperor Ashtar
Which team is this?

StyleTime
Since no team was specified, I'm guessing this is all the X-Men.

The X-Men take this without any trouble whatsoever. Seriously, Hulk will give them no more than a second's pause.

Emperor Ashtar
All the X-men?!

llagrok
Originally posted by strengthkills
yeah a guy with potential for infinite everything,how could he be good roll eyes (sarcastic)

He doesn't have infinite stamina, he has the ability to increase his stamina, over and over. In order to do so he has to get angrier, now, are there an infinte amount of things that can piss him off? He can still be knocked out. If he had infinite stamina, he wouldn't get knocked out by chumps all the time.

Some x-men won't touch him, others could solo him.

boriquaking55
Rockslide and X-23 would pwn Hulk - as would Tag. Isn't he omega? New X-men FTMFW.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Rockslide and X-23 would pwn Hulk - as would Tag. Isn't he omega? New X-men FTMFW.

no expression

Anyway . . . there are an extremely large number of X-team that would get steamrolled by Hulk. However, I would guess that there are more the would be able to beat him.

boriquaking55
Tag would slap down Hulk quickly and with utmost authority. It's gotta be the dreadlocks.

llagrok
Originally posted by boriquaking55

Rockslide and X-23 just lost though sad

braz

wich X- Men? confused

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by nimbus006
Im interested in knowing why you think it would fail to hurt her... Kitty has the ability to phase through solid matter, Hulk's clap is a form of kinetic energy. Why would she be able t phase through it, that is unless she developed a new ability to phase through all forms of matter? Im just curious cuz its an interesting debate... blink Shadowcat phases matter and energy. She has never been limited to solid state matter only. She's never even been limited to matter. You can't squirt her with a high-powered fire hose when she's phased and knock her out. no expression

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
blink Shadowcat phases matter and energy. She has never been limited to solid state matter only. She's never even been limited to matter. You can't squirt her with a high-powered fire hose when she's phased and knock her out. no expression

Hulk's clap will warp reality itself!

Actually I'm interested to see how that fight goes down. The writers have already said that Kitty will be the hardest X-man to take down.

xmarksthespot
Meh some X-Men are basically fodder to the Hulk, while others beat him either collectively or a few solo, because their versatility more than counterbalances the strength/durability factor.

If they make her fall to a thunderclap it would be utterly stupid.

Symmetric Chaos
Meh some X-Men are basically fodder to the Hulk, while others beat him either collectively or a few solo, because their versatility more than counterbalances the strength/durability factor.

Which is what makes this so pointless.

Idea! Of all the X-teams that there have been which could Hulk beat and which would beat him?

If they make her fall to a thunderclap it would be utterly stupid.

Yeah erm

jasonk3
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Kitty, Storm, Colossus, Cable, Wolverine.

Those are really the only ones off the top of my head, that can stand up to him.

co-signed

llagrok
Originally posted by jasonk3
co-signed

The x-men that have been sent to space won't make an appearance I assume?

Where's Psylocke?

xmarksthespot
With the eXiles, I don't think they're involved afaik. Unless you mean in this thread, in which case, Psylocke can take him with the current levels of telekinesis.

llagrok
With the eXiles, I don't think they're involved afaik. Unless you mean in this thread, in which case, Psylocke can take him with the current levels of telekinesis.

Oh I forgot, she's off with Sabes and stuff. Damn.

Where's Iceman?

xmarksthespot
On Rogue's team, also not supposed to be involved.

LOA from New X-Men should theoretically be able to take out the Hulk. They should just fastball her through him for the easy win.

llagrok
On Rogue's team, also not supposed to be involved.

LOA from New X-Men should theoretically be able to take out the Hulk. They should just fastball her through him for the easy win.

That'd result in Hulk losing, we can't have that.

I'd like to see Gentle square off against him.

snoopdogg
Rockslide and X-23 just lost though sad How did that go down? I didn't make the shop today.

xmarksthespot
Rockslide was blown apart. X-23 was turned into nothing but metal and bone. Both will somehow recover I'm sure.

snoopdogg
How did Rockslide get blown apart?

xmarksthespot
Magik's magic I think. Although the art is somewhat confusing.

snoopdogg
How did Rockslide get blown apart? Magik? As in Colossus' sister? WTF now I'm confused. Hulk might be in for a fight if he messin' with her.

Rick/Genis
For the record, Hulk taking down Black Bolt was complete PIS.

No it wasn't. For two possible Reasons.

One) Hulk has NEVER been portrayed as this angry or strong or intelligent in any fight he previously had with Blackbolt, nor the willingness to use said strength for nearly lethal blows.

Two) When has it ever been stated that a Blackbolt scream is more powerful than a Blackbolt whisper? Is it not possible that a scream has the same effect as a whisper? And what makes everyone think it's different? It's possible I missed something somewhere where they pointed that out in a comic.

Badabing
How did Rockslide get blown apart? Hulk tore his arms off.

quanchi112
hulk can win this

strengthkills
Originally posted by Rick/Genis

One) Hulk has NEVER been portrayed as this angry or strong or intelligent in any fight he previously had with Blackbolt, nor the willingness to use said strength for nearly lethal blows.

Two) When has it ever been stated that a Blackbolt scream is more powerful than a Blackbolt whisper? Is it not possible that a scream has the same effect as a whisper? And what makes everyone think it's different? It's possible I missed something somewhere where they pointed that out in a comic. hey umm...scratch number 2,......believe me thumb up

Jebus reborn
Two) When has it ever been stated that a Blackbolt scream is more powerful than a Blackbolt whisper? Is it not possible that a scream has the same effect as a whisper? And what makes everyone think it's different? It's possible I missed something somewhere where they pointed that out in a comic. no expression

llagrok

Two) When has it ever been stated that a Blackbolt scream is more powerful than a Blackbolt whisper? Is it not possible that a scream has the same effect as a whisper? And what makes everyone think it's different? It's possible I missed something somewhere where they pointed that out in a comic.

Do you dress yourself in the morning?

snoopdogg
Has it ever been shown how powerful BlackBolts scream is other than just jibber jabber?

BTW does anybody have scans of Hulk layin' a beating on Rockslide?

Symmetric Chaos

Haven't seen much smarts from WWH really. I'm pretty sure all the versions of Hulk that BB fought were willing to use lethal force. If anything this fight would have been the one where he wasn't using lethal force since he wanted BB alive.

Two) When has it ever been stated that a Blackbolt scream is more powerful than a Blackbolt whisper? Is it not possible that a scream has the same effect as a whisper? And what makes everyone think it's different? It's possible I missed something somewhere where they pointed that out in a comic. confused

llagrok
Has it ever been shown how powerful BlackBolts scream is other than just jibber jabber?

BTW does anybody have scans of Hulk layin' a beating on Rockslide?

The fight didn't last very long. Rockslide punched him twice, Hulk tossed his arms a mile or two away.

It's in the "World War Hulk" thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.