Mask of the Phantasm Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bat Dude
Ok, so I was making a list of all the movies that need to be made into games, and I came across Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. I love that movie so much I decided to go and come up with ideas about what would be in the game. So here it goes... (WARNING: Very Long Post)

During the parts of the game that take place in the present (most of it), the gameplay would be free roam. In the parts of the game that place in the past, the gameplay would be more linear and mission based.

Since it would be free roam, you obviously would be able to stop random crimes going on around the city, but you have a time limit to stop the criminal as the police are also on their way, and we all know that in MOTP the cops are after Bats. So if you don't stop the criminal and escape the scene before the time limit, you have to contend with the cops. You have to escape at all costs, as if you don't you will be killed (the cops are brutal towards you). (This is only until you've finished the story missions)

Some of the story missions would be...

First Mission: Breaking up Chuckie Sol's meeting (it would start with a kickass cutscene of you busting through the window and end with a cutscene of Chuckie Sol's death)

Next Mission: Investigating Chuckie Sol's murder scene (would need a bit of detective work, don't know how this could be incorporated) (Note: the first two "missions" would be very linear as they start the game)

Then a "flashback" mission: Bruce's First Night Out (would start with a cutscene of you trying to intimidate the criminals. Includes the stoping the truck and escaping the cops as playable parts of the mission)

Ok, I'm now just gonna list them as I'm getting tired of putting them in chronological order)

"flashback" mission: First Night Out as Batman (added specifically to game as it didn't have enough missions)

Story Mission: Huge Cop Chase (running, but fighting if you have to)

Story Mission: Interrogating Arthur Reeves after Joker gassed him

Story Mission: Investigating Andrea's apartment (more detective work)

Story Mission: Investigating Buzz Bronski's murder scene (even more detective work)

Story Mission: Interrogating Rupert Thorne (added to game because I wanted to have as many BTAS characters in it without seeming that I just tacked them on. Two mob deaths, biggest mobster in Gotham, you do the math)

"Flashback" Mission: Origin of the Joker (added to the game because he plays a big role in the story and showing him as a gangster then transforming into the Joker would fit in nicely if done right)

Story Mission: Battle with Phantasm (just before cop chase, of course)

Now to talk about gameplay features....

You would be able to switch between Bruce Wayne and Batman whenever, as long as you are alone and no one can see you (is a great way to lose cops)

Can use all of Batman's signature equipment, such as batarangs (to disarm enemies), grapple guns (to swing from building to building), smoke bombs (to stun enemies and conceal departures), and of course, the Batmobile (to cruise through the city and get places fast)

The Batmobile could be called to your position via auto pilot. This would work very much like the "Driver" option on Scarface: The World is Yours. You would press pause or some other button, scroll through all the cars you have to use (Bruce Wayne's sports cars and such), find the Batmobile, and click on it. Batman would say something and the Batmobile would drive up to you. You could then hop in and drive around. (This would work with any other car. If Batman uses one of the sports cars, not only would you be driving a top of the line, fuel efficient Japanese car , but you can also easily evade capture by the police) The repair system from Scarface also would be here. Say you crash one of the cars and it blows up (very GTAish, I know), you would have to repair it using Bruce Wayne's money. So you go to the same menu that you use to pick a car and press square (if you use PS2 or PS3) and it would take an amount from the "Bruce Wayne's Cash" number at the bottom right hand corner and repair the vehicle. (This also works for Bruce/Bats too. He needs private doctors to patch him up, right?)

Also, to keep up good PR and avoid suspicions about your alter ego, you can give money to charity or go to parties at a cheesy 80s nightclub (very GTAish, I know) This lowers your "suspicion" meter very much and raises the "PR" meter very much, but you cannot patrol the city or do story missions while taking part in PR raising activities. However, you can run into familiar faces, such as Dick Grayson, Selina Kyle, Veronica Vreeland, Mayor Hill, Commissionor Gordan and Rene Montoya (when off duty). (Note: I still don't know how you could raise money to do this kind of stuff. I mean, Wayne is rich, but money doesn't grow on trees)

Now that I've gotten the main block out of the way (basically the Batmobile and missions), now to talk about unlockables. You can unlock several different things. These are...

New Costumes: You can give Batman a new costume. The choices are, BTAS (default), TNBA (unlockable), Batman Returns (unlockable), and one more that I want you guys to decide...

New Batmobiles/Cars: You can ride in style with new cars. Including BTAS (default), TNBA (unlockable), Batman Returns (unlockable), Batman Begins (unlockable), Batman 1966 (unlockable), also including several snazzy sports cars and a strecth limo (that also works as Scarface's limo does, it automatically takes you anywhere in the city)

Clips from the movie: You can see clips from the movie in a special "Movie Viewer" similar to Godfather: The Game.

And finally... (you may find this not really necessary, but it's an unlockable, so it's supposed to be not really necessary)

New Costumes for Phantasm: You can change the way the main adversary looks in the game. You can have it stay the same, or relive Batman: Year Two with a Reaper look.

Sorry again for the long post, but I just HAD to get my ideas out there. If you guys have any other ideas or just want to critique (sp?) my ideas, go right ahead...

DarkDethbringer
AWESOME!!

I love all those ideas, i think the last costume should be The Worlds Greatest Detective, you knwo his origina lBlue costume. but this is very relevant as iam trying to plot the ultimate Batman game, as im writing movies, my plansarefree roaming as byou said with multiple costumes, levekls missions,street crimes, and i may even add Crimeempires youcan seek to destroy on your freetime. i.e. Falcones family, Jokers goons, Rupert THornesthugs, and all the other crimebosseswecan scrounge up. as well as minor villains i didnt includeinmy movies that can be tossed in, oen on my mind isMad Hatter, and The Fearsome Foot duo lol

Bat Dude
Thanks! I always wanted a game like this, but because of all the other Batman projects at the moment (The Dark Knight, The Batman, and I think a Lego Batman) this seems like it will never happen... sad But hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

Superherovandal
a Batman Beyond suit would be an awesome unlockable. You know like in the PSone Spiderman games how each suit had different abilities. that would be awesome. it'd have jet boots and cloaking as well as shooting batarangs.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Superherovandal
a Batman Beyond suit would be an awesome unlockable. You know like in the PSone Spiderman games how each suit had different abilities. that would be awesome. it'd have jet boots and cloaking as well as shooting batarangs.

That's actually a very good idea. Every costume has a different ability...

Like this?

BTAS: Default

TNBA: Stronger attacks (this Animated Bats actually punches lol)

Batman Returns: Less damage taken (Body Armor)

Batman Beyond: Jet Boots/ Rapid Fire Batarangs/ Cloaking (to escape cops)

World's Greatest Detective: Easier clue finding?

Superherovandal
Yeah for like the Beyond suit you'd have to do something very hard as its the coolest and most powerful one. and with it maybe there could be some secret future mission from like Return of the Joker or something.

Bat Dude
So maybe after you've completed the main story missions (MOTP) and the side missions (These would include encounters with Two-Face, Penguin, Riddler, and Catwoman, with some of these being multiplayer, allowing Batman to team with Robin), along with unlocking everything (either by playing until you've completed every goal needed to unlock everything OR by inputing an "unlock everything" code), once you put on the Beyond suit you get a couple "Future" missions, including somehow going into the future to face Blight and the Royal Flush Gang as well as the Joker and the Jokerz from ROTJ...

How's THAT for a Batman game?

DarkDethbringer
that would kickass, Worlds Greatest Detective wouldprobably have either better gadget damage, or more Gadgets able to b eheldat max.

I think it would be tough to include futiremissions, cause then youdneed a whoelnew Sandbox map, meaning FUTURE GOtham, which is huge and has flying cars and wouldreally be toomuch trouble if you askme, but then again as a dream game yeah it sounds great. I think including being able to play as more than just thBatsy and RObin, like being able to play as Gordon or Harvey Dent, or maybe more butthe other villains woudlmake the game great

Bat Dude
True, it would be a lot of work to include a future Gotham as well as a present/past Gotham, so maybe just having the suit would be ok...

But man, if we can get a developer to work on this with the ideas posted here, we would get such a badass Batman game for PS2 (this would be my preferance), PS3, PC and (dare I say it?) Xbox 360...

DarkDethbringer
yeah, i liek my criemfamilies idea, ive incoorporated tat idea into my games for the movies im writing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.