How many people has 616 Magneto ripped apart?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

illadelph12
As the thread title states, how many times has 616 Magneto ripped an opponent apart via magnetism in 616 continuity?

Just curiosity...

2damnloud
2 I think.

I think it's the issue where he talks about being able to control the entire electromagnetic spectrum, and he's hooked up that machine and takes those nukes in the face.

illadelph12
Do you know who these two people were, and was Magneto independently powered or amped via tech?

batdude123
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/940/magripsapartneo7do.jpg

Neo and some other guy.

And he was independently powered.

2damnloud
Originally posted by illadelph12
Do you know who these two people were, and was Magneto independently powered or amped via tech?

I'll see if I can find it for you.

guy222
Originally posted by 2damnloud
I'll see if I can find it for you.

I wanna see also smile

Creshosk
Doews hooverspleen count? or are you talking about a specific incident rather than his entire history?

batdude123
Originally posted by guy222
I wanna see also smile

I already posted it.

guy222
Originally posted by batdude123
I already posted it.

Looking now

2damnloud

Neo and some other guy.

What issue of X-men was that?? I forgot.

illadelph12

Neo and some other guy.

Rax and Salvo? So he ripped apart a mutant cyborg and a lame? That's all?

llagrok
He ripped apart 2 NEO and that's about it. Neither of them possessed any form of enhanced durability, just peak human features.

illadelph12
Originally posted by Creshosk
Doews hooverspleen count? or are you talking about a specific incident rather than his entire history?

His entire history.

So far we have him ripping apart Rax (a lame) and Salvo (a mutant cyborg), and ripping the metal out of Wolverine.

Has he ever done this to someone substantial?

(And no, Wolverine doesn't count as substantial, fanatics be damned)

GGS
He didn't exacatly rip him apart but in an X-force comic he basically wrecked cable during a fight when Cable thought he had the drop on him and left him a husk onboard Asteroid M the only thing that Cable alive was the computer from greymalkin.

King_Mungi
He tried to do it to Paulie, but he was invulnerable and couldn't pull him apart

2damnloud
His entire history.

So far we have him ripping apart Rax (a lame) and Salvo (a mutant cyborg), and ripping the metal out of Wolverine.

I been posed the question of actually how many times he's done it.

They told me that because he exibits a certain "power level" over electromagnetic force when applied to other things besides hemoglobin, he should be able to automatically rip iron out of blood.

Also, probably the fact that he has suspended people with the iron in their blood, he should be able to rip it as well. I think that happened once as well.

It should also be able to be absorbed by someone with at least moderate-high energy manipulation.

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/2736/absorbedmagnetoaj0.th.jpg
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/7858/absorbedmagneto2qv2.th.jpg

llagrok
His entire history.

Salvo wasn't a cyborg at all. He turned his hands into guns at will, he was no cyborg.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by llagrok
Salvo wasn't a cyborg at all. He turned his hands into guns at will, he was no cyborg.
That has to be one of the worst powers I've ever heard of.

llagrok
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
That has to be one of the worst powers I've ever heard of.

Worst power ever

illadelph12

My mistake, I assumed since he was part machine he was a cyborg.

Still, has Magneto ever done this to anyone of a higher caliber?

Jebus reborn

Still, has Magneto ever done this to anyone of a higher caliber? Apocalypse... shifty

Jebus reborn
Oh wait, "higher caliber".

Sorry.

shifty

llagrok

Not in the 616 universe I think.

Darth Vicious
He ripped Apocalypse in Age of Apocalyopse. Not sure if it is considered 616 Earth.

llagrok
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
He ripped Apocalypse in Age of Apocalyopse. Not sure if it is considered 616 Earth.

It's not.

DarkCrawler

Apocalypse. On Age of Apocalypse. Still the same Magneto though, with the same powers, only different mind.

And he did it to Warlock too, but he is composed of organic circuitry.

Besides, considering that he used fraction of fraction of his mutant power (literally stated on the issue) against those Neo, I don't see why he couldn't do it against someone of higher caliber if he used a bit more power.

illadelph12
This is 616 Magneto.

illadelph12
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Apocalypse. On Age of Apocalypse. Still the same Magneto though, with the same powers, only different mind.

And he did it to Warlock too, but he is composed of organic circuitry.

Besides, considering that he used fraction of fraction of his mutant power (literally stated on the issue) against those Neo, I don't see why he couldn't do it against someone of higher caliber if he used a bit more power.

So logical deduction given the power set without solid on panel evidence?

Also, a fraction of a fraction, while seemingly impressive from a literary standpoint, doesn't mean much. 1/2 of 1/2 is 1/4 and that is a "fraction of a fraction". So is 3/4 of 4/5. It's not quantified, it's just inferred it took "little effort" to rip apart a couple of jabronis.

Big Sexy
Dont forget he slowed down Bishops blood before to make him pass out.

2damnloud
I found something interesting about the iron in blood.

When Magneto made his debut.

"Magnetism is magic and can do anything. Magneto can trap soldiers in "a mighty shield of magnetic energy" by "simply narrowing my magnetic waves all around the lesser humans." Later writers would at least try and justify this sort of thing by talking about iron in the blood and so forth, but in this story, he's effectively just a telekinetic."

DarkCrawler
This is 616 Magneto.

They are pretty much the same character though.

So logical deduction given the power set without solid on panel evidence?

Also, a fraction of a fraction, while seemingly impressive from a literary standpoint, doesn't mean much. 1/2 of 1/2 is 1/4 and that is a "fraction of a fraction". So is 3/4 of 4/5. It's not quantified, it's just inferred it took "little effort" to rip apart a couple of jabronis.

I would believe that if it takes this little effort to rip apart two neos (let's classify them as "level 1" in durability):

He would be capable of ripping apart something more durable, let's say "level 10" in durability with more effort.

Like, if Hulk can lift 10 tons with minimal effort, would it not be logical to assume that he could lift more with normal effort?

I'm not saying that he is ripping apart Superman or anything, but I don't really see why the thing I said above wouldn't be feasible. huh

And I don't really think one half classifies as a "fraction", at least in literature. I believe in the literature world, fraction is usually defined like these:

4. a very small part or segment of anything; minute portion: Only a fraction of the work was completed on time.
5. a very small amount; a little bit: It was only a fraction away from completion.

I mean, I don't think the writer was meaning to use the mathematical meaning of a fraction, or chemical meaning. I believe "a fraction of a fraction" in that case meant "a very small part of a very small part"

illadelph12
Hmm...

So though he hasn't done so on panel, it's assumed that because he easily performed the a similar feat with a small portion/effort of exerting his power that he could perform the latter feat with a more intense display of his power, though it's never been shown on panel?

Creshosk
I found something interesting about the iron in blood.

When Magneto made his debut.

"Magnetism is magic and can do anything. Magneto can trap soldiers in "a mighty shield of magnetic energy" by "simply narrowing my magnetic waves all around the lesser humans." Later writers would at least try and justify this sort of thing by talking about iron in the blood and so forth, but in this story, he's effectively just a telekinetic." You found another random fan's webpage talking about the first issue. Their thoughts on the matter, nothing official. You took that from the X-Axis fansite.

I found something interesting about it as well, him doing it on panel:

Swanky-Tuna
Worst power ever
Whoa, that's terrible. But I don't think it matches the power invented by a friend of mine. The power to tear your own arms off. And then die.

llagrok
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Whoa, that's terrible. But I don't think it matches the power invented by a friend of mine. The power to tear your own arms off. And then die.

That's pretty much superstrength isn't it?

Fail

2damnloud
You found another random fan's webpage talking about the first issue. Their thoughts on the matter, nothing official. You took that from the X-Axis fansite.

I found something interesting about it as well, him doing it on panel:

That's not a "rip"

and

I been posed the question of actually how many times he's done it.

They told me that because he exibits a certain "power level" over electromagnetic force when applied to other things besides hemoglobin, he should be able to automatically rip iron out of blood.

Also, probably the fact that he has suspended people with the iron in their blood, he should be able to rip it as well. I think that happened once as well.

It should also be able to be absorbed by someone with at least moderate-high energy manipulation.

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/2736/absorbedmagnetoaj0.th.jpg
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/7858/absorbedmagneto2qv2.th.jpg

It can be absorbedno expression

Creshosk
That's not a "rip" Shall I provide you with the link to the fan review of X-Men #1?

I can even make it highlighted as to exactly what you said.

See?

Lifted word for word from a fan's review of the September 1963 issue of X-Men #1.

and

It can be absorbedno expression By Bishop. because he's still exerting an electromagnetic force against him. Try to comprehensively understand what you read next time.

DarkCrawler

Fail

hysterical

2damnloud
Shall I provide you with the link to the fan review of X-Men #1?

I can even make it highlighted as to exactly what you said.

See?

Lifted word for word from a fan's review of the September 1963 issue of X-Men #1.

Has nothing to do with it not being a rip.no expression

By Bishop. because he's still exerting an electromagnetic force against him. Try to comprehensively understand what you read next time.

When has he not exerted electromagnetic force against someone he's using his powers on laughing

durermm2

Creshosk
Has nothing to do with it not being a rip.no expression Not that I even said it was.. but I showed exactly where you took it from and you claim it not to have been taken from there? Word for word.. and highlighted word for word... You truly live in a fantasy world.

When has he not exerted electromagnetic force against someone he's using his powers on laughing When he attacks them indirectly using debris... So since Bishop can use Bishop's powers everyone can use Bishop's powers? What are you trying to prove? You'll note that Storm was not absorbing the assault. and neither was cannonball. Nor anyone else present other than Bishop.

durermm2 Yes, you are a cretinous moron, aren't you?

Swanky-Tuna

Fail
No, only the power to rip you own arms off then die from it. That chicken bomb is hilarious though.

Alfheim

Fail

Yeah this is similar to a group of mutant children called the warpies in Captain Britain. All this mutant baby could do is blow itself up.

I think the power to rip your arms off is worst because its more painful. But still having 3 faces is worse than blowing yourself up because you have to live your life with 3 faces.

GGS
Why was he mercy killed for having three faces? I bet some mutie girl would of loved three opinons on how her bum looked in her X-costume.

Disappear
in the age of apocalypse, magneto was operating with only half of his pre-1995 power level. depending on when rogue permanently took half of his power, it could have hindered his development toward the power levels he exhibited pre-AoA.

SpunkySmurph
Cable.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/xforce25-39.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.