What comic arc would make an awesome Superman movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Avalonofthewind
Personally, I would love to see "Eradication" converted into a movie script.

Kryptonian artifact comes to earth for Kal EL the last kryptonian, makes Superman into a cold, logical being, Lois helps him overcome it. He tosses device into Sun...device comes back in humanoid form and starts to turn the sun red and convert earth into the new krypton and an awesome battle/feats ensue.

I think it could nicely be worked in with the current Superman returns storyline (and even the old Reeve films.)

But that is just MY opinion.

What do you guys think? This storyline sound good for a Superman film? Any other arcs that would make an awesome sequel?

Discuss.

Doctor D.P.
Birthright would have made a great origin story, as would 'Up up and away'.

the current 'Last Son' title would be cool, as would a variation of Mark Millers 'Red Son'.

Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow would also be cool, although you would have to introduce Mist thingy Imp guy.

ragesRemorse
For tomorrow

superkronick92
although, it would never make it because it technically isn't Superman, Secret Identity(the one about a real life superman) would make an awesome movie

Endless Mike
Death of Superman, then they would make even more money with a sequel based on Return of Superman. Then Hunter/Prey.

Kento
The arc when Manchester Black makes all his villains attack the people closest to Superman and then at the end makes Superman believe he killed Lois so he would make Superman kill him.

superkronick92
Originally posted by Kento
The arc when Manchester Black makes all his villains attack the people closest to Superman and then at the end makes Superman believe he killed Lois so he would make Superman kill him.

that would be sweet, but hell, I'd settle for the first manchester black story, just so we could introduce the idea of Superman being badass to the film community.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Death of Superman, then they would make even more money with a sequel based on Return of Superman. Then Hunter/Prey.

I like this one

Galan007
Godfall.

Or All Star Superman.

Blair Wind
Death of Superman....just ignore the JLA parts...then a sequal with Return of Superman.....seriously I need some damn action in my superman movies mad

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Death of Superman....just ignore the JLA parts...then a sequal with Return of Superman.....seriously I need some damn action in my superman movies mad

well...wish in one hand and shit in the other eh

grey fox
For Tomorrow had a nice blend of action with serious Moral dilemmas, it could easily be transferred.

There's a general consensus that The Death of Superman would be a box office hit due to the extreme violence.

GGS
Honestly people Death of Superman would blow so bad.

All you'd have is Superman fighting Doomsday lamely for the whole movie oh wow big monster lands on earth, Probably throw in lex luthor in the mix as the corny guy who helps doomsday or tries to help supes at the end when he realises Doomsday cannot be controlled.

They'd fight once then supes will get his ass handed to him and go cry to lois and his son and then magically he'll go on a training montangue to make everyone think he's a badass while the daily planet newspapers spin on screen and report on how much damage Doomsday has been causing.

There would be no good action it'll just be a few cars being thrown about here and there, no innocent people would die on screen it'll all be corny and off screen and you know supe's is going to die anyway so what would be the point in actually going to see the movie?

Talk about rehasing the old movies as well it'll just be Superman 1 & Superman IV again basically without bringing anything new to the table.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by GGS
Honestly people Death of Superman would blow so bad.

All you'd have is Superman fighting Doomsday lamely for the whole movie oh wow big monster lands on earth

very not true. If theres one thing people like to see more than hero's triumphing, its seeing hero's fail(a hero is not a hero unless they have failures to over come) If there can be an entire movie dedicated to superman doing nothing through out an entire movie, there can be a movie dedicated to the build up of his death. This way we may actually get what we want, and thats to see action in a superman movie

The death of superman may be able to accomplish what singer failed at trying to say in returns. The world really does need superman, maybe not for his super abilities, but for what he stands for.

The only problem with a movie about supermans death is that you need a movie about his return. For one, supermans return would be redundant considering the failed superman returns attempt. Secondly, to work cinematically in a two hour film, you have to rewrite the entire return story line form the comics. You certianyl couldnt fit in the four superman imposters, so we are then left with supes journey through heaven and then his return to where he completely dominates doomsday which doesnt make for a very diverse movie. However, i think the death of superman coul work, its just how do you handle his return.

ragesRemorse
i still stand by for tomorrow. Very mature and darkened story.

Focus the movie completely on that series with no acknowledgment to the previous comics. The audience would have no idea how superman was responsible for the loss of so many people or why until near the middle of the film.

pr1983
Death of Superman would be the top one for me... For Tomorrow and the Wrath of Gog would be two others i'd be interested in...

i thought the Superman/Batman arc 'Public Enemies' was quite good, and could easily be adapted for a Superman movie...

[BAW]Endrict
Birthright, Allstar and Superman/Batman 8-13

CrazyJ20
death of superman could be good as well as the return they could have peter jackson do another 3 hour movie and have all 4 imposters big grin

Galan007
Kingdom Come would be another good choice, imo. smile

Bardock42
Death of Superman.

Oh and Superman: Secret Identity, I'd love to see that.

Sarutobi700
keep dreaming because the next 2 Supes movies will be about Toyman, Lex Luthor and a Kyptonite Robot and SOLOMON GRUNDY

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.