Does Superman 'Suck' in energy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Doctor D.P.
I was recently reading the original JLA world war three arc, from Morissons run, and it seems as though Superman was consciously able to 'Suck' in the energy of the Maggedon Anti Sun. During Greg Rucka's run on Superman, Emil Hamilton (i.e. Ruin) stated that Superman was draining the Sun, of its energy. And recently Superman was able to leech energy, by draining the Earths core of its radiation. Does this mean that Superman has some kind of draining device that allows him to literally bend radiation towards him. It would have to be consciously controlled as he rarely ever deploys it.

Endless Mike
It's not Thor or Surfer level, but he does have energy - absorbing capabilities.

Juntai
Originally posted by Doctor D.P.
I was recently reading the original JLA world war three arc, from Morissons run, and it seems as though Superman was consciously able to 'Suck' in the energy of the Maggedon Anti Sun. During Greg Rucka's run on Superman, Emil Hamilton (i.e. Ruin) stated that Superman was draining the Sun, of its energy. And recently Superman was able to leech energy, by draining the Earths core of its radiation. Does this mean that Superman has some kind of draining device that allows him to literally bend radiation towards him. It would have to be consciously controlled as he rarely ever deploys it. He does take in energy in such a fashion.

Mindship
Someone I was talking to had an interesting idea: since Superman can manipulate gravitons (ie, a gravity field) to fly, he can also turn his body into a gravitational lens, wherein he's able to focus more radiation his way.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindship
Someone I was talking to had an interesting idea: since Superman can manipulate gravitons (ie, a gravity field) to fly, he can also turn his body into a gravitational lens, wherein he's able to focus more radiation his way. I see where you're coming from,

But Supes has never demonstrated anything like that on panel.

Avalonofthewind
He's absorbed the energy from Rampage..who like him..is a solar powered being.

Doctor D.P.
Originally posted by Galan007
I see where you're coming from,

But Supes has never demonstrated anything like that on panel.

Maybe not officially, but this evidence suggest he does have some 'sucking' abilities (Waits for jokes about blow jobs).

I was recently reading the original JLA world war three arc, from Morissons run, and it seems as though Superman was consciously able to 'Suck' in the energy of the Maggedon Anti Sun. During Greg Rucka's run on Superman, Emil Hamilton (i.e. Ruin) stated that Superman was draining the Sun, of its energy. And recently Superman was able to leech energy, by draining the Earths core of its radiation. Does this mean that Superman has some kind of draining device that allows him to literally bend radiation towards him. It would have to be consciously controlled as he rarely ever deploys it.

Doctor D.P.
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
He's absorbed the energy from Rampage..who like him..is a solar powered being.

Scans please ! smile

Avalonofthewind
Scans please ! smile

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9189/supermanvol2007p20ne7.th.jpg

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7619/supermanvol2007p21pt6.th.jpg

Magee
Isn't that pre-crisis Superman?

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Magee

Nope..it's Byrne Superman.

Doctor D.P.
Originally posted by Magee

Pre Crisis Superman wsn't even a 'Living Solar Battery' !

Galan007
Yah,

Is that you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.