Spiderman weekly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Big Sexy
Wow apparently when this last arc of Amazing Spiderman is finished, Spectacular, and Friendly are being cancelled so that Amazing will come out weekly. Seems marvels going the 52/Countdown approach with Spiderman.

Skeets
Stupid move imo.

grey fox
Didn't 52 only work because ....

A. It had a set limit

B. Everything was planned WAAAAAAAAAAY in advance.

I have the distinct feeling teh quality of storylines and art will decrease....

llagrok
Originally posted by grey fox
Didn't 52 only work because ....

A. It had a set limit

B. Everything was planned WAAAAAAAAAAY in advance.

I have the distinct feeling teh quality of storylines and art will decrease....

Co-sign

H. S. 6
It's only three weeks a month, I believe.

Still, though, I don't like the sound of it.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Wow apparently when this last arc of Amazing Spiderman is finished, Spectacular, and Friendly are being cancelled so that Amazing will come out weekly. Seems marvels going the 52/Countdown approach with Spiderman. Sensational is staying? w00t ... but i agree i hope the Quality doesn't decrease....plus, this will be killer on my budget >.<

srankmissingnin

llagrok
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
No. Friendly and Sensational are being "cancelled".

All it really means is that now you have to buy all three Spider-man issues every month to keep up with the story. It isn't a be deal for Spidy-fans... but it kind of sucks for the casual comic reader.

That's why you have demonoid.com

A great page for those lovely comics who aren't worth your hard earned money, such as any random DC comic.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by llagrok

A great page for those lovely comics who aren't worth your hard earned money, such as any random DC comic.

eek!

A cheap shot at DC!

How much of the market belongs to casually readers who randomly pick up a Spider-man issue at their local convenient story, anyway? Chances are pretty good that if you are reading one Spider-man title a month, you are reading at least two others.

Badabing
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Wow apparently when this last arc of Amazing Spiderman is finished, Spectacular, and Friendly are being cancelled so that Amazing will come out weekly. Seems marvels going the 52/Countdown approach with Spiderman. When does this happen?

Grimm22
I actually like this idea yes

It's bringing comics back to the retrodays big grin

Superherovandal
See the difference with DC is that it has a set limit has the major points of the whole series plotted out. And it doesn't focus on just one character for the whole tale.

DigiMark007
I'm thrilled. Or, at least I would be if Marvel hadn't inexpicably stopped sending me my ASM's (which are paid for for almost another full year).

erm

I have to call them.

Still, that's only 1 subscription instead of 3-4 to keep up with Spidey. Good times.

Morridini
I already read Friendly, Sensational and Amazing so it won't really matter.

As for the quality of the comics, they might split it up so the team from Sensational take the first week, Friendly the second week, and Amazing the third week, so that each team gets one month (this is if three issues a month thing is true) to make the next comic.

DarkCrawler
Hehe.

"Hey, this week is 's turn to write Amazing Spider-Man! We can expect really good issue today!"

"Yeah, but straight after that is going to write it, so he's going to screw up everything.

"What about , isn't he going to fix some mistakes that guy did?"

"Dude, , is so abysmal, that it's going to take more then one writer to fix them. And since has to fix his mistakes during the next issue, he doesn't have time to fix his own plot points, and is just going to make everything worse again."

I think it would be funny. The three writers could go around like...uh, the Three Stooges and bicker with eachother over what would happen in next Spidey. So ever comic would still kinda follow at the same storyline but still be different.

It would be like one of those turn-based fanfics on the internet.

Issue #1: Spider-Man finds out that his Aunt May dies in the Hospital...he is going to find out and KILL those responsible of her death...

Issue #2: BUT THEN IT IS FOUND OUT THAT AUNT MAY WAS JUST A CLONE!

Issue #3: What? I mean...uhh...it was a clever ploy from...Norman...Osborn...

Issue #4: *GodDAMNIT Fred, what the F*CK did I say about clones!? And I thought we agreed to NOT to use that FREAKING GOBLIN in any stories again?* Err, yeah, anyway...turns out that the...*sigh*...clone...was actually an alternate version of Aunt May from...somewhere else, and...

Issue #5: In fact, it is found out that it was the CLONE of an alternate May from alternate Universe, and Spider-Man's Aunt May has been from Earth 661 all along!!!!!! In fact, Aunt May is actually an alternate NORMAN OSBORN who had an sex-change operation!! And he/she MURDERS and EATS MARY JANE!!

Issue #6: I think this guy isn't alright.

Issue #7: Okay, that's it. I quit.

Joe Quesada: "THIS IS, LIKE, THE GREATEST STUFF EVER!"

littleredhat
I am so happy this is happing.

I don't know about you but I would much rather read three parts of the same story in chronological order each month than one part of three different stories each month and not know what is happening when.

Not to mention that decompression will be much less noticeable.

littleredhat
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Hehe.

"Hey, this week is 's turn to write Amazing Spider-Man! We can expect really good issue today!"

"Yeah, but straight after that is going to write it, so he's going to screw up everything.

"Dude, , is so abysmal, that it's going to take more then one writer to fix them. And since has to fix his mistakes during the next issue, he doesn't have time to fix his own plot points, and is just going to make everything worse again."

I think it would be funny. The three writers could go around like...uh, the Three Stooges and bicker with eachother over what would happen in next Spidey. So ever comic would still kinda follow at the same storyline but still be different.

Issue #1: Spider-Man finds out that his Aunt May dies in the Hospital...he is going to find out and KILL those responsible of her death...

Issue #4: *GodDAMNIT Fred, what the F*CK did I say about clones!? And I thought we agreed to NOT to use that FREAKING GOBLIN in any stories again?* Err, yeah, anyway...turns out that the...*sigh*...clone...was actually an alternate version of Aunt May from...somewhere else, and...

Issue #5: In fact, it is found out that it was the CLONE of an alternate May from alternate Universe, and Spider-Man's Aunt May has been from Earth 661 all along!!!!!! In fact, Aunt May is actually an alternate NORMAN OSBORN who had an sex-change operation!! And he/she MURDERS and EATS MARY JANE!!

Dude chill. Not only has nothing happened yet you've made some very wrong assumtions.

Unless your Layla Miller don't know how this stuff is going to turn out. At least wait till you read it before passing judgment okay?

Hate to say it but when you assume you just make and ass out of u and me. embarrasment

Here is what we know.

They have three teams of writers/artists. We don't know who they are yet so lets hope for the best.

For each story arc they will use one of the three teams. So no story started by team A and then ended by team B.

While one team's story is being published the other teams will work on their stories. This will help avoid lateness.

Also all the teams are under the supervision of a single editor who will make sure that every team knows what every other team is doing and keep the ongoing plots running smoothly.

They are trying to do this right. They may fail or they may not.

But before we scream in outrage at what might happen,I sugest we read the first few issues and then decide. big grin

And the next time get all your information before you rant. I love a good rant but you were complaining about somthing that was confirmed to be false when this information was made public.

It would be like somone posting a rant today about how out of character Electra has been acting and saying that it can't really be her.

willRules
Originally posted by littleredhat
Dude chill. Not only has nothing happened yet you've made some very wrong assumtions.

He's entitled to though, y'see a new Namor series has just started so Darkcrawler's life is worth living again stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Hehe.

laughing out loud

DarkCrawler

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by llagrok

cool That is so true. Before Demonoid Ive never read so many DC titles and without demonoid, I still wouldnt.

outavodka
Originally posted by willRules
He's entitled to though, y'see a new Namor series has just started so Darkcrawler's life is worth living again stick out tongue
I also share the same feelings about this.
Im tired of seeing IronMan's ass!
Hasnt been enuf Namor, or real Thor for my liking. yes i know what happend to Thor but damn F*CK SENTRY GIMMI THOR BACK!

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
cool That is so true. Before Demonoid Ive never read so many DC titles and without demonoid, I still wouldnt.

Whats Demonoid? embarrasment

Morridini
A exclusive torrent site, I guess they download comics from there, although downloading comics from torrents is the hardest way to go about it, prefer programs like DC++ myself, but enough of file-sharing. It is frowned upon in the US and thus also on this forum.

I'll definitely welcome this as sorting comics will be a lot easier now. And if what was said about each team works on their own story-arc is true then that would mean that they will get much more time on working on their stories then before (however once first issue of a new arc has been released they don't have much time to change their decided path for the story).

Soljer
Gah!

Support the comic industry. Especially smaller comic companies or the less popular runs of the large ones.

Priest
Amazing has been great so far, i just hope they don f*ck it up now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.