Hajime no Ippo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Ryugen
I just finished watching what I can only describe as the best hot blood anime I've seen in a damm long time, and the best sports series period. This just took residence as one the top five anime series I've ever watched and I encourage anyone with even a passing interest in boxing to sit down and watch this. I can't find a single complaint, character development and story was top notch, the humour was good, the soundtrack was excellent and almost all the fights were entertaining at the least. All in all a great series.

jmcnasty
Originally posted by Lord Ryugen
I just finished watching what I can only describe as the best hot blood anime I've seen in a damm long time, and the best sports series period. This just took residence as one the top five anime series I've ever watched and I encourage anyone with even a passing interest in boxing to sit down and watch this. I can't find a single complaint, character development and story was top notch, the humour was good, the soundtrack was excellent and almost all the fights were entertaining at the least. All in all a great series.

Yeah man, I know what you mean. I finished watching the series about a 2 weeks ago and I would have to say it's now one of my top 5 anime of all time. I'm disappointed that it stopped at ep 77. I wish we could have seen him gone on for the World Title. I would have also like to see Takumura face the world. Do you think they will actually bring the anime back since it really seemed unfinished.

Lord Ryugen
Well one of my friends has all of the Ippo Manga, and he has at least six title defences so it's not like they're shy of material. Hopefully we'll see a new season sometime and even more hopefully Takamura will have a little more screen time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.