I Am Legend

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SupezM'
Looks like it'll be entertaining, not so sure how thrilled I am learning that its a vampire movie though.

ragesRemorse
you just now found out that there were vampire's in the movie? What did you think the movie was about before you found out there were vampires in it?

Im not to sure what the remake is going to offer other than a bigger budget that the original didnt give us. I'm sure it will be a fun little movie though. I guess the original warrants a remake just because todays technology should be able to offer a better vampire design other than white face paint

Impediment
I was so hoping that the newest movie adaptation of Richard Matheson's novel woud be more true to the original novella, and not like Charelton Heston's old "Omega Man" movie.

Matheson is one of my very favorite authors, and I hope that this movie delivers, seeing as how I have all of his books, and I am Legend is the very first Matheson story I ever read.

Strangelove
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend_%28film%29

DanZeke25
Looks really good.

bigflames
what i've learned is no movie based ona book ever delivers the way you want, sure they are still enjoyable, but the imagery you get reading any novel is never given justice on the big screen, i dunno , maybe its just me and im too picky haha

2D_MASTER
Vincent Price>>Charleton Heston>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Will Smith(Shit). Piss on this fawking turd.

DanZeke25
Will Smith > All

Fresh Prince of Bel Air FTW. w00t

D-Wag
Will Smith's New Movie smile

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/iamlegend/large.html

I think it looks really good, can't wait till it comes out!

LoneUnknown
I love the book and Will Smith was the last person I'd picture playing Neville. I just watched the trailer and it looks okay, might rent it when it comes out on DVD.

MildPossession
I'll be there to watch it, looks fun.

exanda kane
Originally posted by bigflames
what i've learned is no movie based ona book ever delivers the way you want, sure they are still enjoyable, but the imagery you get reading any novel is never given justice on the big screen, i dunno , maybe its just me and im too picky haha

Sorry to nitpick and your right as a majority, but come one, half the Phillip K Dick novels deliver (while the other half should be excused from all exitence) on imagery alone, never mind the script and performances, and Fight Club is a great read.

InnerRise
I have no knowledge of the original and so upon seeing this trailer, I was kind of looking forward to this movie.

Then I found out that it was about Vampires and lost a lot of interest for the movie.

The trailer looked interesting enough though.

I was wondering why it was given away that the villains of the movie/ the unknowns that were still on earth with him were vampires. I thought that would be like the unveil in the movie when I found out, but now that I see that this is a remake, I see it's assumed known knowledge so yeah.

I would have liked it better if this was an original movie, not a remake, and we didn't know what was out there in the shadows.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by InnerRise

I would have liked it better if this was an original movie, not a remake, and we didn't know what was out there in the shadows.

you dont have any idea what your talking about do you?
how would you know that you would have liked it better if it wasnt a remake, when you didnt even know that it was a remake of movie ?

Darth Vicious
I still have the original sitting in my pc. Ive seen bits and pieces and it does need some visual updates, specially the albino people/vampires. I guess I have enough time to watch the original until December.

InnerRise
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
you dont have any idea what your talking about do you?
how would you know that you would have liked it better if it wasnt a remake, when you didnt even know that it was a remake of movie ? If I didn't know that it was a remake, how would I have been able to type what I typed? How would I be responding to you?

I stated in my post that I realize it's a remake and you're asking me how I know I'd like it better if I didn't know that that it was a remake.......

Contradictory and doesn't make sense......

Member.
why can't they base it more on the book and less on the original. book was more interesting.

Smasandian
I think this is going to more than just an "vampire" movie.

The trailer looked fantastic.

SnakeEyes
Yeah, this movie looks really awesome.

Darth Vicious
The one one is based in New York. Was the original in NY too or in San Francisco?

H. S. 6
I can't wait for this movie. The story sounds really intriguing, and surprisingly original.

AlkalineTrioRox
Yup. Looks awesome! big grin

DARKLORDCAEDUS
This is no Omega Man. He is no Charlton Heston.

BlaxicanHydra
So, looks good, but what is it actually about?

TRH
I saw the 50s vampire version with Vincent price

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
This is no Omega Man. He is no Charlton Heston.

Amen, furthermore he is not the demigod known as Vincent Price. Will Smith is has no talent, whatsoever.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra

its based off the book that came out like 7 years ago? around there....

hes basically the only man left on earth and everyone else is a vampire! ( no joke )

it was actually a really good book

roughrider
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_am_legend

I just bought the book two days ago; finished it in a day. It's not very long, but highly compulsive reading. First time I've read Richard Matheson.
So this is the first film version to use the real title, but to hear they are making it more like The Omega Man, hmmm. That departed from the story in many ways. With Akiva Goldsmith (Batman & Robin) writing, and Francis Lawrence (Constantine) directing...I'll just wait to see.

D-Wag
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Amen, furthermore he is not the demigod known as Vincent Price. Will Smith is has no talent, whatsoever.

Will Smith is a great actor, and alot of his movies are good.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by D-Wag
Will Smith is a great actor, and alot of his movies are good.

To the mindless, tasteless zombies who eat the shit that Hollywood serves them on a golden platter, yes.

Mairuzu
To the mindless, tasteless zombies who eat the shit that Hollywood serves them on a golden platter, yes.

Whats wrong with the smith?

BlaxicanHydra
It's obvious that only old suckass actors are good to him.

roughrider
Will Smith has two Oscar nominations to his credit. He was the only man alive who could've played Muhammed Ali as well as he did. He does quality work, for the most part.

BlaxicanHydra
He really does. IMO when it comes to actual acting Will Smit his the best black actor.

pr1983
i, like alot of the people who'd watched the omega man/read the book, scoffed when i heard this was being made...

then i saw the trailer... could be awesome...

and vincent price is a demigod...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
The trailer does seem all right. I guess I'll pass judgment when it comes out. Maybe I'll see it free.

jaden101
anyone who enjoyed the omega man and i am legend (the book) should also have a read of "48" by James Herbert

Supreme being
Originally posted by roughrider
Will Smith has two Oscar nominations to his credit. He was the only man alive who could've played Muhammed Ali as well as he did. He does quality work, for the most part.

Amen dude, it seems his really underrated i mean just look at his performance in Pursuit of happiness. Anyone who saw that film and says Smith cant act is a ****ing retard.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
He really does. IMO when it comes to actual acting Will Smit his the best black actor.

He's not THAT good.

Blax_Hydralisk
Who's a better a better black actor that you besides besides maybe Morgan Freeman?

SnakeEyes
Off the top of my head:

Don Cheadle
Forest Whitaker
Jamie Foxx
Denzel Washington
And of course Morgan Freeman

T.M
Originally posted by Mairuzu
its based off the book that came out like 7 years ago? around there....

hes basically the only man left on earth and everyone else is a vampire! ( no joke )

it was actually a really good book

I Am Legend was published in 1954...

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by T.M
I Am Legend was published in 1954...

laughing

T.M
Just thought that should be cleared up..

D-Wag
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Off the top of my head:

Don Cheadle
Forest Whitaker
Jamie Foxx
Denzel Washington

Jamie Foxx is a good actor but not as good as Will Smith, I would say the same for Denzel, though I think he is great too.

Blax_Hydralisk
Off the top of my head:

Don Cheadle
Forest Whitaker
Jamie Foxx
Denzel Washington

J-Jame Foxx?

He sucked ass in every movie he's been in so far except for Ray and that movie with Beyonce and that stupid over hyped fat chick. And as for Denzel.. eh. Guess it comes down to opinion. I've never really liked Denzel.

D-Wag
New Trailer
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/iamlegendawakening/

Kind of weird

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I am seeing this in IMAX, Hah, not really, I will pay my $10.00 at an IMAX theater and then after I see 7 minute of TDK I'm leaving.

Aizen
You'll pay 10 buck for the 7 min trailer of TDK when you know it will be on the net the same day, you better give that money to some poor hungry guy.

Am gonna watch this just because of Will Smith, I don't expect much but movies tend to surprise.

jaden101
sorry?...what?

Blax_Hydralisk
Eh. Will Smith's a good actor, imo. He has the ability to tuen crappy movies into reasonably crappy movies.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by jaden101
sorry?...what?

He meant to say "I'm an idiot".

Blax_Hydralisk

2D_MASTER

You "trolling" meh? I feel honored.

apoc001
Personally, I liked The Last Man on Earth more than The Omega Man.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Aizen
You'll pay 10 buck for the 7 min trailer of TDK when you know it will be on the net the same day, you better give that money to some poor hungry guy.

Am gonna watch this just because of Will Smith, I don't expect much but movies tend to surprise.

Not worried whether or not the 7 minute prologue will be on the net the next day. However it may not be. Will Smith has been good in a select few films. I am Legend, however isn't one of them.

Aizen
2D_MASTER is a smartass, the net is full of them how convenient.

Oh come one DARKLORDCAEDUS, tell me three actors who have only good movies.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Aizen
2D_MASTER is a smartass, the net is full of them how convenient.

Oh come one DARKLORDCAEDUS, tell me three actors who have only good movies.

Off topic..Tom Hanks. Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler to name a few.. Back to topic.. The Omega Man was a great film starring Charlton Heston, I know how Hollywood works, so I was expecting a remake. However withl Will Smith, this movie isn't going to be any good. Also of note..I am Legend cost $150 million to make, it better make $375 million so it call itself a hit.

Blax_Hydralisk
You "trolling" meh? I feel honored. Me? Trolling? nah. Just asking you an honest question. It's not my fault that every thread that I go into that you've posted in, you're trolling or flaming someone.

Aizen
Tom Hanks, Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler have only good movies, you're joking...right.

Blax_Hydralisk
He must be. Davinchi code sucked ass, Click was boring, Blades of Glory sucked ass.
Don't use those losers as examples of consitant good movies.

2D_MASTER
Me? Trolling? nah. Just asking you an honest question. It's not my fault that every thread that I go into that you've posted in, you're trolling or flaming someone.

Where is that quote from? the... ermm "do you like getting banned" one?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
He must be. Davinchi code sucked ass, Click was boring, Blades of Glory sucked ass.
Don't use those losers as examples of consitant good movies.

Great movies those are...Anyway, I doubt Will Smith will give an Oscar worthy performance. I hope this film can pay for itself.

Blax_Hydralisk
Those three movies sucked. Ass. Though things like that are entirely subjective.

2D: Rephrase that question, por favor.

Leo.M
I can't wait to see this.

Blax_Hydralisk
Same here.

zbucsz
i never heard of it till today, looks like a good movie whoops i guess theres a thread bout it already

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Saw another trailer for this. Still looks horrible. I hope Will Smith can carry a movie in which he is just talking to himself for an hour or so.

Blax_Hydralisk
He's Will Smith. If there were ever such a person to do that, it'd be him.

SnakeEyes
He's Will Smith. If there were ever such a person to do that, it'd be him.

Ha, I'd have to agree there.

Blax_Hydralisk
Has a flash back to when he was walking through the desert alone in Independence Day *

Blax_Hydralisk
Speaking of Independence Day..

W6d28macuyA

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Speaking of Independence Day..

W6d28macuyA

Independence Day is a much better film than I am Legend.

Blax_Hydralisk
Independence Day is a much better movie then a lot of films..

Robtard
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Independence Day is a much better film than I am Legend.

Have you seen a screening of "I am Legend"? It hasn't come out yet.

Because the book is great; if the movie can capture it well, it will blow that alien ho-hum movie away.

Mairuzu
Yea, the book was awesome... i read it in like.. 6th grade? i dont remember.. but it was a long time ago.. like 9 years ago

forgot when it came out, but from what i remember... it was pretty interesting

Aizen
The second trailer looks great, can't wait.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Robtard
Have you seen a screening of "I am Legend"? It hasn't come out yet.

Because the book is great; if the movie can capture it well, it will blow that alien ho-hum movie away.

I have read the novel, its very excellent. And yes I have been to a free screening of the Will Smith movie. Its not one of his best.

fruits
I saw the first trailer and thought it was pretty lame but then last night at Saw 4 I saw the 2nd trailer and TOTALLY changed my mind. I really think it'll be good.....and yeah, I'm not a Will Smith fan either, but still

fruits
the quality isn't great, but if you haven't seen the longer trailer:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809768369/video/4686338/20071025/163/4686338-300-wmv-s.47874831-,4686338-1000-flash-s.47874856-,4686338-300-flash-s.47874848-,4686338-1000-wmv-s.47874840-,4686338-700-flash-s.47874851-,4686338-100-flash-s.47874843-,4686338-100-wmv-s.47874827-,4686338-700-wmv-s.47874836-,4686337-6800-qtv-s.47874863-,4686337-2700-qtv-s.47874859-,4686337-10300-qtv-s.47874868-

Blax_Hydralisk
Wow, that was actually pretty cool.

D-Wag
New trailer (extended version)

http://gameinvasion.comcast.net/gameinvasion/show/#1949098_the_scene/2342633_harold_and_kumar_2_trailer_47x20_002

Same version as Fruits but clearer. I think it makes the movie look better IMO

fruits
100% agreed.

pr1983
that new trailer looks awesome... looking forward to this...

H. S. 6
Looks great. Counting down the days...

Omegaman
Will Smith is a TERRIBLE choice for this role!!! I have been waiting for ever for this to be made and now I probably wont even rent it when it comes out!! Pee Wee Herman would have been a better choice!

D-Wag
Originally posted by Omegaman
Will Smith is a TERRIBLE choice for this role!!! I have been waiting for ever for this to be made and now I probably wont even rent it when it comes out!! Pee Wee Herman would have been a better choice!

Probably the dumbest thing I ever heard.

Zilverz
will smith is a great actor... but i am skeptical weither he can pull off the emotinal performance neccisary to sell his isolation.

does this movie deem itself a remake of omega man? i havent heard it mentioned, but it its the same plot ?

eggmayo
I remember reading an article in 'Empire' which said the film will be based on the book that Omega Man was based on, but modernised.

See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_am_legend

I'm quite interested to see this one, read the article a fair while back but it piqued my curiosity.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Yea, the book was awesome... i read it in like.. 6th grade? i dont remember.. but it was a long time ago.. like 9 years ago

forgot when it came out, but from what i remember... it was pretty interesting

The book was written in the 40's-50's, Matheson added to it in the 80's, to impove the flow of the story.

Toku King
That looks incredible! Vampires + great concept + Will Smith = Awesome

grey fox
Will Smith will make this film phail , the book is unbelievably superior to ANY film rendition.

D-Wag
New Trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/iamlegendisolation/large.html

It has its own little side story

I wonder if there going to go into detail like this in the movie.

SnakeEyes
I, for one, am pumped for this movie.

Blax_Hydralisk
Me too.

Can't wait, nyuuka.

MildPossession
Ah beat me too it with the came out 7 years ago thing... oh dear.

Good book, looks like they have changed a bit, but that's not unusual. Can't wait for the film, we will see how it turns out.

CaptainStoic
I just saw the trailer and I'm getting my tickets ASAP. As for Will Smith not being a good actor, I do not agree. Will is pretty good, he's been at it for over a decade. The only Black actors that I can see that are better are Morgan Freeman and Samuel Jackson. Denzel is up there but I have never been a huge fan of his.

Captain King
It's based off an old book about a guy who's the sole surviving human in his city.

The book centers around him living his life alone day in and day out, surviving on his lonesome and psychologicaly coping with the constant threat of wild animals and mutant zombies whilest waiting for someone to eventualy save him.

This is actually my idea of a perfect get away. I'd take mutant zombies over regular humans anyway. If I shoot them, they don't whine and *****, they just die like good little monsters.

EDIT: Mutant zombies, vampires, whatever. The point is he's isolated from hummanity the lucky bastard.

Mairuzu
vamps pretty much... like i said, loved the book, seeing it soon.

ESB -1138
I saw this movie at the midnight showing! This is an amazing film! One of the bests I have ever seen!!!

SnakeEyes
There's already a thread in Sci-Fi for this film.

Definitely wouldn't classify it as "horror," despite mutant vampires.

Blax_Hydralisk
Well the movie was pretty good for the most part.. except for the ending

I dunno if the ending was the same as in the books, but it was, in my opinion, terrible.

BackFire
Movie was quite good until the final 30 or so minutes, where it became a generic and predictable action movie.

Will Smith did quite well, and the vision of New York empty was quite haunting.

Blax_Hydralisk
Yeah I feel exactly the same way.

Actually, I feel kinda cheated, in terms of the ending. The movie was so damn good and then the ending was just.. completely weird.

The chich had like maybe 20 minutes of screen time total and suddenly she's like a main character. I dunno, nut it annoyed me. Everything felt too rushed at the end.

BackFire
Yeah, it felt like they just ran out of steam or just lost the inspiration and just wanted it to end.

The monsters were lousy, too.

zombieman
It should be classified as horror considering it is based on one of the greatest horror novellas ever written. It looks to me like they've really messed this one up though by dumbing it down and turning it into a two bit action flick. The main character in the novel was a middle-aged white man; let's see, who shall we cast as the lead? I know Will Smith! Bullshit.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by zombieman
It should be classified as horror considering it is based on one of the greatest horror novellas ever written. It looks to me like they've really messed this one up though by dumbing it down and turning it into a two bit action flick. The main character in the novel was a middle-aged white man; let's see, who shall we cast as the lead? I know Will Smith! Bullshit.

But... it isn't horror. Richard Matheson wrote the book as a science fiction novel. There really is no debate. It IS science fiction.

As for your frustration with Will Smith, feel free to talk about it in the other thread buddy cool

SelphieT
I'll be seeing this movie today, in a few hours.

I've only read the first 50 pages of the book or so, so I can't really compare it with the book yet. But we'll see how it goes. Woo.

SelphieT
Seein' it in three hours, woo!

Spartan005
Yeah I feel exactly the same way.

Actually, I feel kinda cheated, in terms of the ending. The movie was so damn good and then the ending was just.. completely weird.

The chich had like maybe 20 minutes of screen time total and suddenly she's like a main character. I dunno, nut it annoyed me. Everything felt too rushed at the end.

wow spoiler possibly?

FistOfThe North
Yea just came back from I Am Legend.

Crazy story. Crazy movie. And a rather crazy & confusing ending.

Meaning there should've been more to just what the ending was.

Blax_Hydralisk
Possibly.

Or maybe.. it's a trap!

Robtard
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Yea just came back from I Am Legend.

Crazy story. Crazy movie. And a rather crazy & confusing ending.

Meaning there should've been more to just what the ending was.

The ending was better than I initially thought it would be, i.e. the hero kicking everyone's ass, saving the day and getting the girl. I was pleasantly surprised with it; still disappointed too though, as the book was completely different. What was confusing to you?

Impediment
I took the liberty of merging the 3 existing "I am Legend" threads together, since there was one in the Horror, Sci-Fi, and MDF.

Let's just go ahead and use this merged thread from now on to save space and avoid confusion.

Thanx, Impediment.

FistOfThe North
The hero's ass kicking may've been kinda futile and in vain. Sure he did what he did but to what ends? And they kinda owned him too.

But I dunno, I just had questions.

I'll try not to spoil it (dunno how to do the sensor thing) but why the heck would quarantined or walled civilians need the cure? In case the creatures break in, i guess. (that's if they survive their hyper-maniacal wrath)

Those creatures are nearly unstoppable besides they populate 90% of the planet.

Kinda couldn't figure out how the hell mankind was going to get outta the mess.

The story felt incomplete. The movie seemed more like the second part of a trilogy with pt. 1 being the discovery of the cure/evacuation situation and pt. 3 would've started where the movie left off with it's ending. The solution or something.

Cosmic Cube
There were too many illogical plot holes and super-CGI-spider-zombies in this one for my taste. The movie was more of a emotional psycho-drama than a thriller.

It's been a couple years since I've seen a good zombie/undead movie. Maybe the zombie genre is getting stale?

Will Smith is a great actor, though.

Anyone wonder: If Anna and the kid weren't dead, what the hell was the bloody chunk of flesh hanging from the wall in the bedroom? Did they forget to edit that out or something? It had me completely lost.Originally posted by FistOfThe North
The story felt incomplete.Didn't it?

It seemed like after the first 45 minutes, they were just trying to finish the story, ignoring significances introduced earlier in the movie that seemed to promise a great story.

I would have liked to see him successfully cure one of the zombies, and have that person actually function as a character.

Cosmic Cube
The ending was better than I initially thought it would be, i.e. the hero kicking everyone's ass, saving the day and getting the girl. I was pleasantly surprised with it; still disappointed too though, as the book was completely different. What was confusing to you?

What's more predictable is that it ended pretty much the same way as the other 3 previous films that told the same story.

Bottom line is, zombie thrillers can only end one of two ways: protagonist survives, or protagonist dies. The genre is becoming stale.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Bottom line is, zombie thrillers can only end one of two ways: protagonist survives, or protagonist dies. The genre is becoming stale.

You could simplify any storyline from any genre to two different options as you just did above. That, by no means, means that the genre is "becoming stale."

Anyway, I just got back from seeing it. I enjoyed it a lot. Personally, I think Will Smith was the perfect choice for Robert Neville. The ending did feel a tad rushed/it could've been better, but the rest of the film was good enough to cancel that out for me (I won't give away spoilers).

Keep in mind, however, that I have not read the book. I plan on doing so soon.

Anyway:

8/10. Worth seeing, for sure.

H. S. 6
You could simplify any storyline from any genre to two different options as you just did above. That, by no means, means that the genre is "becoming stale."

Anyway, I just got back from seeing it. I enjoyed it a lot. Personally, I think Will Smith was the perfect choice for Robert Neville. The ending did feel a tad rushed/it could've been better, but the rest of the film was good enough to cancel that out for me (I won't give away spoilers).

Keep in mind, however, that I have not read the book. I plan on doing so soon.

Anyway:

8/10. Worth seeing, for sure.

My feelings as well.

The meat of the movie was amazingly done, I thought.

super pr*xy
liked the movie. will smith was good, but he was not tom hanks in castaway... in all fairness though, he held his own. his performance was more than adequate. there were some pretty tense moments in the film. awesome movie IMO.

the monsters were shit though. they look totally fake. i mean totally fake. CG fake. i felt the same way when i saw the burly brawl in matrix: reloaded. they could've done it way better.

ending was meh...

Menetnashté
Great movie, just got back from viewing it. Will Smith's best movie to date imo. He was gave a terrific performance as Robert Neville. The movie itself was great loved the way they did the vampires they were really original looking, had a great mix of action/suspense/humor.
I think some things could've been done better. For instance explaining the main vampires role before he became one, I really wanted to know why he was so much smarter and stronger than the rest. And while I thought the ending could've been better it was still good. The thing that bothered me was he had the lone frag in his basement. Like just in case my house is raided by vampires, I destroy every other room in my house and end up in this exact position and I don't take the escape root out, I have this frag right here.
They had a lot of hilarious scenes. For instance the scene with Fred was hilarious, When the head vampire is breaking the Plexiglas it was funny they were all cheering him on, found that amusing. Also found it funny that when he's talking to the manikin girl the whole wall is covered in porno films lol. There was a lot of other good stuff.
I also felt the aspect of the dog was great. And if someone could tell me I'd really like to know the differences between the book and the movie.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
What's more predictable is that it ended pretty much the same way as the other 3 previous films that told the same story.

Um...every movie ends with the Protagonist alive or dead. What the f**k?

Blax_Hydralisk
TO answer your question: I think it was just like a last ditch thing. I mean, he probably had frags and other weapons littered through out the entire house. He's been living alone for a long time, and he's smart. So I guess he tried to prepare for everything. I would have done the same, though. weapons and such in every room, however I would have had more guns. Grenades are meant for taking out a bunch of stationary targets hidden behind something. Using a grenade against really fast moving, constant groups of monsters= suicide, as we all saw lol. And yeah I didn't understand why that one guy was so smart either.

Also, I almost cried when Sam died. I dunno why but I always get attached to like the main characters only friend. I almost cried when Wilson got lost in Cast Away. Th scriptwriters do so well in having the main character treat there non human accomplices like actual people that I start to think of them as actual people, and I could almost feel Smith's pain when he had to kill Sam himself. As soon as the fight with the zombie dogs was over and I saw her just lying I almost yelled out in the theatre, lol.

JediSamuraiMRB
I am..Legend made around $77 million. Thats not good considering Will Smith got around $30 million himself and the film cost anywhere between $150 and $200 million.

Also the money is most likely inflated considering the fact that WB had The Dark Knight teaser trailer and the first 7 minutes on TDK at the IMAX theatres.

Blax_Hydralisk
It's only been three days though hasn't it? Also I heard that these days movies get most of there money through DVD and video sales, rentals, and apparel and stuff.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
I am..Legend made around $77 million. Thats not good considering Will Smith got around $30 million himself and the film cost anywhere between $150 and $200 million.
Are you serious? 77 million dollars is the new record for a opening of a movie in December, beating Return of the King of the LOTR series previous record. It's the biggest opening ANY Will Smith movie has ever had... and Will Smith is the most bankable box office actor in hollywood...so how is it not good? It's better than the studios projected it would do by 20 million bucks. It's actually jaw dropping and further proof that Will Smith can open anything big. I don't know what it is about the guy but people pack theaters to see his movies.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
Are you insane? 77 million dollars is the new record for a opening of a movie in December. It's the biggest opening ANY Will Smith movie has ever had...how is it not good? It's better than the studios projected it would do by 20 million bucks. It's actually jaw dropping and further proof that Will Smith can open anything big. I don't know what it is about the guy but people pack theaters to see his movies.

Just because Smith can open movies big doesn't mean that they will be successful. This film cost at the very least $150 million dollars. It has a long way to go before it becomes a hit film.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
Just because Smith can open movies big doesn't mean that they will be successful. This film cost at the very least $150 million dollars. It has a long way to go before it becomes a hit film.
It made half of it's cost in ONE WEEKEND. Most movies don't accomplish that. I think all things considered this looking like it is not going to be a failure. It couldn't have opened much bigger than it did without being a comic book character film, and even some of them didn't make bank like this. I mean let's just say next weekend this topples way down and make 30 million or 20 million, they'll still almost be to the cost of the film itself. Not to mention DVD sales, rentals and merchandise. It's going to make money I think

Reverend Axel
Good movie.

super pr*xy
the dog was great. wilson would've been awesome if he was alive too. i mean that dog showed emotion and neville was really attached to that thing. imagine tom hanks when he lost wilson. now imagine the agony of neville when he himself killed his own dog that his son gave him before his son and wife died in a fiery crash. in addition, sam was his only companion he had for a long time. that dog was neville's leash from death and insanity.

watching that scene sucked...

FistOfThe North
It made half of it's cost in ONE WEEKEND. Most movies don't accomplish that. I think all things considered this looking like it is not going to be a failure. It couldn't have opened much bigger than it did without being a comic book character film, and even some of them didn't make bank like this. I mean let's just say next weekend this topples way down and make 30 million or 20 million, they'll still almost be to the cost of the film itself. Not to mention DVD sales, rentals and merchandise. It's going to make money I think

Not to mention the international box office. People love W. Smith world wide.

I hear he always does really good overseas, with his movies.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by super pr*xy
the dog was great. wilson would've been awesome if he was alive too. i mean that dog showed emotion and neville was really attached to that thing. imagine tom hanks when he lost wilson. now imagine the agony of neville when he himself killed his own dog that his son gave him before his son and wife died in a fiery crash. in addition, sam was his only companion he had for a long time. that dog was neville's leash from death and insanity.

watching that scene sucked...

it was his daughter :P

brightlights
I haven't see the movie yet but i have heard mixed reviews about it... I definately think I'm going to go see it soon but I don't know if it can be as good as the book was

ESB -1138
How long is the book?

Robtard
The hero's ass kicking may've been kinda futile and in vain. Sure he did what he did but to what ends? And they kinda owned him too.

But I dunno, I just had questions.

I'll try not to spoil it (dunno how to do the sensor thing) but why the heck would quarantined or walled civilians need the cure? In case the creatures break in, i guess. (that's if they survive their hyper-maniacal wrath)

Those creatures are nearly unstoppable besides they populate 90% of the planet.

Kinda couldn't figure out how the hell mankind was going to get outta the mess.

The story felt incomplete. The movie seemed more like the second part of a trilogy with pt. 1 being the discovery of the cure/evacuation situation and pt. 3 would've started where the movie left off with it's ending. The solution or something.

1) The wall was for security/precaution

2) The cure was/is to cure the (remaining) 8% (+/-) of the population that is infected

3) They're not unstoppable, bullets kill them.

4) Well, the survivors rebuild and repopulate the earth, if they can spread the cure, then the creatures will be gone/transformed back; if not, they can either let them be, kill them, or possibly, they'll starve and begin to kill/eat each other.

5) It didn't feel incomplete to me, but it was lacking, when compared to the book.

Robtard
Originally posted by ESB -1138
How long is the book?

Very short, I read it in two 5-6 hours sittings; I like to read really slow too.

ESB -1138
Very short, I read it in two 5-6 hours sittings; I like to read really slow too.

How many pages? About 80? 100? 120? 140?

SelinaAndBruce
Not to mention the international box office. People love W. Smith world wide.

I hear he always does really good overseas, with his movies.
Yeah I think the idea that this isn't gonna be profitable is really a long shot.

Robtard
Yeah I think the idea that this isn't gonna be profitable is really a long shot.

Several news and movies sites basically said:

"Never underestimate the power of Will Smith, his film I Am Legend killed at the box office pulling in an estimated $76.5 million..."

Google: "I Am Legend Box Office"

It won't be a 'Spider Man 2', but it will make good money/profit.

Robtard
Originally posted by ESB -1138
How many pages? About 80? 100? 120? 140?

I don't recall off the top of my head, but I think around 300... the book was a small(er) softback too, so each page wasn't word-heavy. It's a quick read; if you read fast, you can get through it in several hours.

I like to read really slow, I often flip-back a few pages or chapters to re-read something, I'll take a 15-20 min break here and there... yet I did it in about 10 combined hours.

If you haven't watched the movie yet, watch it before you read the book, as the book is way different; a better story in my opinion.

FistOfThe North
1) The wall was for security/precaution

2) The cure was/is to cure the (remaining) 8% (+/-) of the population that is infected

3) They're not unstoppable, bullets kill them.

4) Well, the survivors rebuild and repopulate the earth, if they can spread the cure, then the creatures will be gone/transformed back; if not, they can either let them be, kill them, or possibly, they'll starve and begin to kill/eat each other.

5) It didn't feel incomplete to me, but it was lacking, when compared to the book.

Never asked what the wall was for. I asked what walled civilians needed the cure for if none of them were infected.

And I didn't say they were unstoppable but nearly unstoppable.

And 90% give or take a few pct. of humans were infected. Which leaves the remaining 10% give or take a few pct. points uninfected. So what are you talking about when you say the cure is for the remaining 8% that are infected? Aren't those the survivors?

And it wasn't incomplete but lacking...Hm, I could kinda see how that's not the same thing if you think about it.

ESB -1138
I don't recall off the top of my head, but I think around 300... the book was a small(er) softback too, so each page wasn't word-heavy. It's a quick read; if you read fast, you can get through it in several hours.

I like to read really slow, I often flip-back a few pages or chapters to re-read something, I'll take a 15-20 min break here and there... yet I did it in about 10 combined hours.

If you haven't watched the movie yet, watch it before you read the book, as the book is way different; a better story in my opinion.

Thanks, I'll have to look into that.

Never asked what the wall was for. I asked what walled civilians needed the cure for if none of them were infected.

And 90% give or take a few pct. of humans were infected. Which leaves the remaining 10% give or take a few pct. points uninfected. So what are you talking about when you say the cure is for the remaining 8% that are infected? Aren't those the survivors?

And it wasn't incomplete but lacking...Hm, I could kinda see how that's not the same thing if you think about it.

Dude, 90% of earth's 6 billion people; that's 5.4 billion people were killed by the virus; dropped dead without a chance. Less than 1% were immune and the remaining 588 million people became the Dark Seekers. Only about 9% of earth's population became Dark Seekers.

And you know why they needed a cure? To take that 588 million and make them human again instead of living in fear at all times.

Robtard

Well I told you anyways. To cure the infected and/or to cure themselves/other, in case there happens to be any non-immune humans who managed to not become infected as of yet (like the ones on the ship), obviously.

They're not nearly unstoppable either, bullets kill them, a hit to the head can knock them out etc. etc. etc. They're just quicker, stronger and more agile than normal humans. Smith managed to kill and capture several, all by himself.

No, 8%+ of the worlds population was infected, 1% is/was immune & 90% died immediately. Remember the scene were he breaks it down to the woman? So there's less than 60 million normal humans on the entire planet, lets just say 5% (3 mil) survived the infected, that's more than enough to repopulate the planet, given time.

Read the book if you haven't already, the story is better and the end is lacking. The "I am Legend" title has much more of point, in the book.

SelinaAndBruce
Top Ten Openings of 2007
1 Spider-Man 3 Sony $151,116,516
2 Shrek the Third P/DW $121,629,270
3 Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End BV $114,732,820
4 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix WB $77,108,414
5 I Am Legend WB $76,535,000
6 The Simpsons Movie Fox $74,036,787
7 300 WB $70,885,301
8 Transformers P/DW $70,502,384
9 The Bourne Ultimatum Uni. $69,283,690
10 Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer Fox $58,051,684

So I am Legend had the biggest non franchise opening this year so far.

addicted2flicks
This movie is definately in the watchlist. I've only read about it and haven't seen the original, but it's the type of movie I would watch. it should be worth the wait.

FistOfThe North
Amazing. Movies 1, 2, and 3, all opened in May for a combined total of $387,478,606 just on opening day/weekend.

Not bad for a weeks (about the total number of days combined) work.

Mairuzu
read the book too smile

RedAlertv2
Loved the movie, cant wait to read the book.

Darth Martin
So what did people think of the movie?

SelinaAndBruce
I enjoyed it. The ending could have been a lot better but it was still worth watching IMO. Will Smith's performance was amazing

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>