Handmaiden Vs Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mattatom
Handmaiden would 0wn maul personally because hand to hand she can 0wn Reven so Maul should be easy

In a different matter what actually happened to Handmaiden after KOTORII

Darth Hord
Revan as far as we know had no prior hand to hand fights or experience. and I'm pretty Maul has practice martial arts/unarmed combat. So he would at the very least give her a better that Revan would. Plus he is probably physically stronger than the Handmaiden. I think I'm gonna go with Maul.

mattatom
thats a good argument but then again the Handmaidan is an expert in echani arts and she would probably be faster

Darth Hord
Maybe but no by much. Maul could use the force speed himself up if need be. Maul is also very acrobatic. If Maul can use the force he definitely wins. Without the force it would be closer but I think he would come out the victory.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by mattatom
Handmaiden would 0wn maul personally because hand to hand she can 0wn Reven

Since when?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Darth Hord
Revan as far as we know had no prior hand to hand fights or experience. and I'm pretty Maul has practice martial arts/unarmed combat. So he would at the very least give her a better that Revan would. Plus he is probably physically stronger than the Handmaiden. I think I'm gonna go with Maul.
It is always recommended to do some research before making a point.

In the TNEC, it is stated that Revan defeated Mandalore - The Ultimate in a hand to hand combat.

Now imagine that how strong Revan was.

because hand to hand she can 0wn Reven
You are sadly mistaken.

Do not forget that Revan also have killed some notable Echani warriors.

Yusanis (The most powerful and skilled Echani warrior ever known) also got his @ss handed to him by Revan in a single combat and was killed by him.

Although Handmaiden is a skilled warrior, but even she cannot defeat Revan. The reason is clear from the above points.

Gideon
Maul would wipe his ass with Revan or the Handmaiden in unarmed combat.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Gideon
Maul would wipe his ass with Revan
How?

Revan has proven to be a very tough guy by beating a Mandalore in a hand to hand combat. Now unless Maul can match this kind of feat, I will not be convinced.

Darth Hord
I thought it was described as single combat not hand to hand?

That is great and all for Revan(even if he is my fav. character) but it does not pertain to the actual thread which is Handmaiden vs Maul.

BlaxicanHydra
http://www.zefrank.com/theshow/gallery/d/7706-1/sock.jpg

Darth Hord
Random sock.

S_W_LeGenD
I thought it was described as single combat not hand to hand combat?
Ask Lightsnake about this. He has got the TNEC and he told us that Revan defeated Mandalore in a hand to hand combat.

That is great and all for Revan(even if he is my fav. character) but it does not pertain to the actual thread which is Handmaiden vs Maul.
I agree that Revan's case is invalid in this thread. But some people (including the thread starter) are mentioning him in this thread and making silly claims that Handmaiden > Revan. This is not true.

Darth Hord
In a different matter what actually happened to Handmaiden after KOTORII

She didn't canonically travel with the exile. She only travels with you if the exile is a male. If you play as female which is the canon gender than Mical joins your party instead. Nothing is really known what she did.

Gideon
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
How?

Revan has proven to be a very tough guy by beating a Mandalore in a hand to hand combat. Now unless Maul can match this kind of feat, I will not be convinced.

I'm not here to convince you. You have Revan so far up your ass it's literally ruined your vision. Obi-Wan Kenobi nearly defeated Jango Fett and went toe-to-toe with Anakin Skywalker in melee. It's arguable that he is above Revan.

S_W_LeGenD
I'm not here to convince you. You have Revan so far up your ass it's literally ruined your vision.
I do not have Revan so far up my @ss that it would ruin my vision. I give him recognition where it is needed.

And wish you good luck in trying to counter what is stated in the TNEC.

Obi-Wan Kenobi nearly defeated Jango Fett and went toe-to-toe with Anakin Skywalker in melee. It's arguable that he is above Revan.
No it is not.

Against Jango Fett, Obi-Wan did fought well but he still failed to subdue him. Revan however fought against and subdued Mandalore: The Ultimate in the end. So there is some difference in these two cases.

In the case of Vader, Obi-Wan knew him very well. This fact helped him a lot in the fight and Vader was also emotionally disturbed.

So you cannot declare that Obi-Wan is better then Revan or even in his league.

Manslayer
How?

Revan has proven to be a very tough guy by beating a Mandalore in a hand to hand combat. Now unless Maul can match this kind of feat, I will not be convinced. He can since he was described as pushing his body and fighting skills to the limit. We see in the movies and comics that his agility is far greater than revans

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Manslayer
He can since he was described as pushing his body and fighting skills to the limit.
Others can push their bodies and fighting skills to the limit as well.

We see in the movies and comics that his agility is far greater than revans
Have you seen or read about Revan in any comics? No.

Revan gave a massive @ss beating to huge number of Sith and Droids on the Star Forge. This feat alone puts him above Maul.

Gideon
Keep telling yourself that. You might end up convincing yourself, but as for the rest of us: we're not fooled. Revan is a piss-ant of a character. A powerful Sith? Oh, most assuredly, but a weak character nonetheless.

I don't know which is worse: Revan fanboys or Ancient Sith fanboys. At least the Ancient Sith had defined characters.

Oh, tNEC says that Revan is superior to Maul? Statement and page number, please.

Yes, it is.

Jango only subdued Obi-Wan thanks to quick-thinking and - even more importantly - technology and equipment vastly superior to anything in Revan's time.

Hell, he couldn't even kill Obi-Wan with his damn ship.

That's great.

But that isn't going to help you in a melee fight, where Anakin didn't care so much for technique as opposed to downright frightening physical strength and power. Obi-Wan "knowing" Anakin meant shit.

In melee combat? I think I pretty much did.

You have some crappy reasoning skills. Maul is confirmed to have pushed his physical and Force-assisted abilities to the "utmost" to the point that he could never improve in that area, on Sidious's training regimen, which is outrageous to begin with.

Prove Revan equals that.

...He did all of this without the Force or his lightsaber? I really do need to play KotoR again.

Manslayer
Others can push their bodies and fighting skills to the limit as well.
Did revan? Nope Is revan good in h2h? Of course

Revan gave a massive @ss beating to huge number of Sith and Droids on the Star Forge. This feat alone puts him above Maul. Lightsaber and totally irrelevant as i was argueing hand to hand combat

kamhal
But since when Revan came to this discussion? Anyway, i think Maul may beat her, even though i think she is a tough one to beat.

Violent2Dope
Maul wins and I'm not even giving you a reason why.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by kamhal
But since when Revan came to this discussion? Anyway, i think Maul may beat her, even though i think she is a tough one to beat.

That's what I'm thinking.
Besides, Maul kills Brinna with ease.

S_W_LeGenD
Keep telling yourself that. You might end up convincing yourself, but as for the rest of us: we're not fooled. Revan is a piss-ant of a character. A powerful Sith? Oh, most assuredly, but a weak character nonetheless.
If Revan's character was really weak, not many people would have liked him. I however do think that more should be done on the subject of Revan and specially some Novels should be written about him.

I don't know which is worse: Revan fanboys or Ancient Sith fanboys. At least the Ancient Sith had defined characters.
I would like to see Revan properly defined as well.

Oh, tNEC says that Revan is superior to Maul? Statement and page number, please.
You misunderstood my point. I was talking about Revan's confrontation with the Mandalore: The Ultimate, whom he defeated in a hand to hand combat. And this is an important feat to acknowledge.

Yes, it is.
We shall see!

Jango only subdued Obi-Wan thanks to quick-thinking
Mandalorians are experienced and smart fighters, so "quick-thinking" is not something to boast about.

and - even more importantly - technology and equipment vastly superior to anything in Revan's time.
This is a classic form of defence but it will not help your case. I must tell you that the technology in the KOTOR era was also deadly enough to cause destruction on a massive scale. And melee weapons of KOTOR era were also very deadly. It is a matter of common sense to note that Mandalore: The Ultimate was also heavily armed and took massive level of protective measures to give him edge in a combat situation.

Hell, he couldn't even kill Obi-Wan with his damn ship.
The fire never hit him, so there was no reason for him to get killed.

That's great.

But that isn't going to help you in a melee fight, where Anakin didn't care so much for technique as opposed to downright frightening physical strength and power. Obi-Wan "knowing" Anakin meant shit.
Anakin's focus got limited to a certain extent due to the issue of Padme. It is already clear to us from the ROTS Novelization that Vader was not thinking clearly during his confrontattion with Obi-Wan. And additionally Obi-Wan knew him very well and this thing did helped him to a certain extent because he could easily anticipate that how Anakin will fight.

In melee combat? I think I pretty much did.
In melee combat, it is possible but he cannot match Revan in terms of over-all power. Revan will destroy him in an all out fight.

You have some crappy reasoning skills.
Wow! You do not like a statement made by me and suddenly my reasoning skills are piss poor! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Check this line: "Handmaiden would 0wn maul personally because hand to hand she can 0wn Reven so Maul should be easy." Now how much of sound reasoning does this comment exhibits?

Maul is confirmed to have pushed his physical and Force-assisted abilities to the "utmost" to the point that he could never improve in that area, on Sidious's training regimen, which is outrageous to begin with.
And according to your assertion, only Maul could do that? And no other person in the entire Star Wars universe could?

And does Maul pushing himself to his limits makes him the strongest person in the Star Wars?

Prove Revan equals that.
What kind of skills do you think would be required to destroy an entire army of heavily armed warriors in a long @ss confrontation throughout the Star Forge?

...He did all of this without the Force or his lightsaber? I really do need to play KotoR again.
I do not know that how he did it but he did it.

S_W_LeGenD
Lightsaber and totally irrelevant as i was argueing hand to hand combat
Do check this comment: "In the TNEC, it is stated that Revan defeated Mandalore - The Ultimate in a hand to hand combat."

Now think again!

Gideon
Another example of your bullshit reasoning capabilities. People fall in love with Revan for three reasons:

a.) They're stupid.
b.) They get to play as him, a character they can invent, per se.
c.) Both a and b.

All we know about Revan is heaps of shit that other people have told us. That doesn't make a character. Conclusion: Revan (as of now) is a shadow of a character. He's a weak character.

Right. So would I. And until then, he's a piss poor character.

Get your head out of your ass. I'm tired of explaining this to everyone who things Big Bad Gideon belittles Revan simply because he thinks he's a pathetic character.

For the final time: I acknowledge Revan's power. I acknowledge his feats. I've repeated myself to you time after damn time, and it's not going to happen anymore. I've argued in Revan's defense. However, just because someone doesn't blindly subscribe to the "Revan ownz all!1!!" theory that you seem to masturbate over, doesn't mean we think he's weak.

All you do is fellate him. And even when you do say he'd lose (which is rare, I'll say) you have to constantly add that he's a "powerful" Sith Lord. That is why you look like a useless fanboy.

Jesus. Cheesy one-liners for 400, Alex!

...Who the hell is boasting? I said the only reasons that Jango survived that encounter was because of quick-thinking, technology, and help from his son .

Lmao, you are giving me pointers on my "case"? Oh shit, lol. When I said that you had Revan so far up your ass it's ruining your eyesight, I was wrong.

It's effecting so much more. Likely cutting off oxygen to your brain, giving you these vivid hallucinations of grandeur.

This is what I'm talking about... you have to constantly reiterate yourself with bullshit (and irrelevant) information to try to fellate your character.

Let me be plain:

There is a vast technological disparity between KotoR technology and Clone Wars technology. I'll PM Glentract because he owns this sort of thing. Vast. For example, if Revan's Empire decided to duke it out with the Confederacy or the Republic at this time, he would be annihilated.

Would it be close? Nope. Revan would get owned. KotoR technology is downright shitty compared to Clone Wars-era technology. Everything. Do you understand?

Jango's armor and weapons >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mandalore the Ultimate's.

Not on par with Clone Wars-era.

Again, Jango's technology is vastly superior.

Lmao.

This is exactly why I have no damn patience with you. Did you completely miss the point? Obi-Wan forced Jango Fett to flee, despite Fett's experience, strength, skill, technology, and he had a damn ship that he tried to use against Obi-Wan and it didn't work.

...In a lightsaber fight, because he knew Anakin's form. Did he know, to any great degree, how and what techniques Anakin was going to use in a melee brawl? Unlikely. Obi-Wan held his own because he's a damn good fighter.

Thank you for pointing out something I never contested. Do you understand?

I DID NOT SAY OBI-WAN MATCHES REVAN IN OVERALL POWER. I DIDN'T EVEN IMPLY IT. YOU TOLD ME THIS AS AN EXCUSE TO FELLATE REVAN. YOU ARE A REVAN FANBOY. YOU ARE PATHETIC.

Get it through your skull.

Suddenly your reasoning skills are piss poor? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. No. They have always been that way. Have I led you to believe that you are a decent debater in our other arguments? Because I could've swore that I've held the opinion that you suck completely for a long time.

About as much as you do.

Lmao, did I say that? Did I even imply it? No. I simply said it's bullshit to think that Revan automatically did this because it isn't common. You have to prove he's on Maul's level.

Oh wait. You can't.

Did I say that? No.

He put his physical and Force-assisted abilities to the utmost. Meaning he pushed himself to his maximum capacity as far as martial arts, physical strength, speed, agility, and technique. He could literally not improve at all in this area. That is how good he was.

Impressive strength in the Force and decent skills with a lightsaber, which I never denied Revan had. We're talking about melee skills. Take Revan out of your ass and look clearly!

So, basically, what you just said was a waste of text space for the only purpose of fellating Revan.

That doesn't surprise me.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I think Maul beats the crap out of her.

Darth Hord
Amen to what you said Gideon. laughing And I am a Revan fan,and SW from what I and many others see is that u over exaggerate Revan's feats when you compare him to other characrers. sad That is the only thing I hate about him is half the Revan fans I meet seem to say he WTFPWNS everyone else. Me, I would base most of my arguement on what we do know not speculating on how he did some almost meaningless things like killing two terentateks.

As far as this thread goes Maul is superior physically,he's dam fast,I have seen nothing here that doesn't say he could use the force on himself. Plus most of the info on the handmaiden is not canon cause she only joins your party when you are playing a male which is the non canon gender. So I would say Maul wins comfortably.

kamhal
Ok, i have to say 2 things, and i also like revan but:

1) To the Revan haters, at least agree that he was one great ancient sith/jedi, so stop with all the downplay you seem to trying to do with him.

2) To the Revan fans, i think i am getting sick to see his name in so many threads... Also, to not overpower Revan is required please, the man was not a force god...

Now, shall we speak about Maul and Handmaiden, shall we?

Darth Hord
Ok, i have to say 2 things, and i also like revan but:

1) To the Revan haters, at least agree that he was one great ancient sith/jedi, so stop with all the downplay you seem to trying to do with him.

2) To the Revan fans, i think i am getting sick to see his name in so many threads... Also, to not overpower Revan is required please, the man was not a force god...

Now, shall we speak about Maul and Handmaiden, shall we?
Couldn't have said it better myself. Anyway Maul wins see above.

Gideon

I hope to God Almighty above that this was not - in any way - directed at me.

Darth Hord
Even if he was referring to you,you shouldn't take it too personally. It is SW Legend who makes you and others downplay Revan a little cause he overates him so f*ckin much. I would probably do the same thing if it was a different character.

kamhal
I was not talking to anyone directly, i just want that this revan's waves from fanboysm from one side and hate from the other to simply stop...
This is not even a Revan thread for god's sake, and i personally think this is killing this forum...

Maul wins by the way.

Darth Hord
I was not talking to anyone directly, i just want that this revan's waves from fanboysm from one side and hate from the other to simply stop...
This is not even a Revan thread for god's sake, and i personally think this is killing this forum...

Maul wins by the way.

Make them stop please make them stop! These Revan Fanboys give the real Revan fans(people who don't overrate such as myself) a bad name.
Even if his name is mentioned once the discussion turns to him like here.

Then I made one statement about him but I continued the basis of the thread which Maul vs Handmaiden.

Then SW posts this.

That statement is enough to answer my question I had aswell as the thread starters opinion but then he posts about Yusanis which is clearly unnecessary especially since the details of the battle is unknown.

Now we are talking about Revan dammit. I say Revan=(in name only)to He Who Must Not Be Named. Every time he is mentioned bad things happen. sad

S_W_LeGenD
It is SW Legend who makes you and others downplay Revan a little cause he overates him so f*ckin much. I would probably do the same thing if it was a different character.
I over-rate Revan?

Hello? I am not among those who say that Revan > all, but there are some people who are jealous of this character and try to under-rate him where ever possible.

Just look at this comment: "Handmaiden will OWN Revan in a hand to hand combat" - Not even funny! roll eyes (sarcastic)

S_W_LeGenD
That statement is enough to answer my question I had aswell as the thread starters opinion but then he posts about Yusanis which is clearly unnecessary especially since the details of the battle is unknown.
I mentioned Yusanis as a cautionary example to tell some people that Revan have fought against him and killed him. Now I do know that we do not know the details about this fight but we cannot deny the possibility of Yusanis using all of his skills in this fight against his enemy.

Darth Hord
I over-rate Revan?

Hello? I am not among those who say that Revan > all, but there are some people who are jealous of this character and try to under-rate him where ever possible.

Just look at this comment: "Handmaiden will OWN Revan in a hand to hand combat" - Not even funny! roll eyes (sarcastic)

I've seen in your arguments elsewhere and you have used revan killing two terentaks in however you don't know how it happened or if he even faught them as Advent said you could just run by them. It is stuff like that the is annoying to many of us here because there is no proof.

I mentioned Yusanis as a cautionary example to tell some people that Revan have fought against him and killed him. Now I do know that we do not know the details about this fight but we cannot deny the possibility of Yusanis using all of his skills in this fight against his enemy.

You had an example of hand to hand which was the mandalore the ultimate then you added this one which is unneccessary because it was single single combat which means Revan would have an advantage due him being able to you use the force if need be. This example was unnecessary and is getting off topic (Maul vs Handmaiden) and is what I and others might says was an excess of Revan info. That started this debate about Revan which= to Revan bashing because you changed the debate and from what it seemed pissed of Gideon.(and alot of others not just on this particular thread)

S_W_LeGenD
You had an example of hand to hand which was the mandalore the ultimate then you added this one which is unneccessary because it was single single combat which means Revan would have an advantage due him being able to you use the force if need be. This example was unnecessary and is getting off topic (Maul vs Handmaiden) and is what I and others might says was an excess of Revan info. That started this debate about Revan which= to Revan bashing because you changed the debate and from what it seemed pissed of Gideon.(and alot of others not just on this particular thread)
Why not advice the thread starters to avoid using Revan in a thread where it is not necessary?

This thread was supposed to be about Maul but Revan was sucked in as well right from the start.

Manslayer
Do check this comment: "In the TNEC, it is stated that Revan defeated Mandalore - The Ultimate in a hand to hand combat."

Now think again! That doesnt mean mandalore was the ultimate fighter for 4000 years. And revan taking him down? So what? In the first place the "ultimate in h2h" was of his time, not of all time as nothing indicates that. Maul on the other hand has displayed extreme fighting skills which prehaps are greater than than of the echani and the mandalorians since he pushed his skills to the limit. Question has mandalore even pushed his body to the limit? I doubt so and his fighting style may even be inferior to mauls

Count Makashi
Maul destroyes the insides of Handmaiden, with his big "tool".

Violent2Dope
Maul gores her face with a series of headbutts.

BlaxicanHydra
Maul dies.

Count Makashi
How?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I still do not believe Maul loses.

Darth Hord
He doesn't. But Jacen does! big grin

Violent2Dope
Maul wins.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Maul dies.

How does the greatest martial art weapon the Sith ever had die against the Handmaiden?

Darth Hord
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
How does the greatest martial art weapon the Sith ever had die against the Handmaiden?

He's joking JK

VinCon01
Maul vs. Handmaiden: Maul wins because we really don't know anything canon about Handmaiden, seeing as the female path is the canon one.

Now, on to the whole "Revan vs. Maul or Obi-Wan" thing. It's already been argued to death, but I just feel like repeating a few things myself. The simple fact of the matter is that we don't know much about Revan's hand-to-hand abilities. I'm not saying that he wasn't a decent saber duelist, or that he wasn't powerful in the Force (This is for a certain someone who seems to get "Revan sucks like nobody's business" whenever someone says that he isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread).

The only thing we have regarding Revan's hand-to-hand abilities is a vague statement in TNEC saying that he defeated Mandalore the Ultimate in said combat. However, it doesn't go into any detail, IIRC. There's no mention of how difficult it was, no mention of how the fight was actually won, and it doesn't exclude the possibility that Revan used the Force. Unfortunately, that alone isn't enough to put him above Obi-Wan or Maul. Obi-Wan fought someone who was very skilled (Jango Fett), and who had technology far above the level available to Mandalore the Ultimate (And that's a simple fact. Technology, from a blaster to a warship, vastly improved from KOTOR to AotC). He also went head to head with Anakin, who was insanely strong in terms of raw physical strength. Maul is also depicted as inhumanly powerful in physical ability, seeing as he was pushed so far in Sidious' ridiculously strenuous training that there was literally no possible way for him to improve any more. When fighting against two very physically able Jedi on Naboo, he displayed very above-average levels of agility and speed, even while wielding the double-bladed saber...Which, to put it bluntly, is rather clunky and unwieldy (Exar Kun's version was fine, but the hilt was much smaller than the more modern versions).

Frankly, both of them have shown more ability in hand-to-hand combat than Revan.

BlaxicanHydra
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS

Thats not sayign much considering that 90% of the Sith are weaker then the average PT padawan no expression

Darth_Glentract
Maul wins. The dude's a beast. He had the the upper hand against to powerful Jedi while he had a hurt leg.

VinCon01
Actually, it still kind of does say a lot. If he's the "greatest martial arts weapon the Sith ever had", then that applies to all Sith, from the weakest of the bunch to Dark Empire Sidious. Even if 90% of the Sith are that weak, the statement still applies to the 10% that are above most of the PT Masters.

Darth_Glentract
Thats not sayign much considering that 90% of the Sith are weaker then the average PT padawan no expression

Erm...what? You think Ragnos, Sadow, Nadd, Exar, Ulic, Revan, Malak, Bane, Traya, Sion, Nihilus, Simus, Hord, Lumiya, Vader, Dooku, ect would lose to an average PT Jedi? Most PT Jedi Masters weren't as skilled as Obi-wan was as in his last days as an apprentice. Obi-wan isn't representive of the majority.

DARKLORDCAEDUS

Than tell me why and how than? We know Maul is the greatest weapon the Sith have ever had. What powers and/or abilities does this handmaiden have in which she is capable of beating The Sith's greatest weapon.

VinCon01
He may have been talking about Dark Side users in general, I suppose. I think that they're similar to the Jedi in that regard. There are plenty of highly skilled people in their ranks, and several truly exceptional people, but a large portion of the regular Dark Side flunkies (The regular Dark Jedi encountered in KOTOR, for instance) are probably on or below the level of a lot of the unexceptional PT Jedi.

But that depends on whether he was talking about DS users in general, or the actual Sith Lords.

Janus Marius
Side note, VinCon: Revan defeated Mandalore in melee combat as well as Yusanis, the echani duelling champion. Considering that Revan is thought to have Battle Precognition (And yes, I am making conjecture here, not gospel) and he can defeat these champions is no small feat in melee. Echani trained mercenaries have been known to outfight jedi (See Medstar duology), and Yusanis being the prime example of echani duelling capability should say alot (Hell, he even uses a double-bladed weapon- Yusanis' duelling foil). Obviously the game designers wanted us to know that Revan in melee combat is at least in the top tier, if not the best of his era. Couple that with the fact that he beat Malak at a severe disadvantage (Canon LS ending means that Revan couldn't Force drain the bodies while Malak could) and we have even more to give to him.

But I'm getting way off track...

Final verdict? Maul beats the ever-loving shit out of this little girl. True, she's echani and yes, she's pretty good. But Maul is the more experienced duellist, and he has a very good handle on lightsaber combat (Being an advanced Juyo practitioner).

Lightsnake
Maul tears the Handmaiden like wet paper

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.