Classic Hulk vs. Solomon Grundy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rewmac
Well they both got owned the same way, so which one would win?

Grundy : http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/1301/sb312ij6.jpg

Hulk : http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/3716/batsvshulkmx1.jpg

Who wins this fight then?

Standard Hulk. confused

Hercules
Standard as in Savage?

And what incarnation of Grundy?

Rewmac
Current Grundy.

And by Classic I mean Savage but not the overpowered version, the version on the scan 313

don't shiv
Grundy has cunning and a heightened awareness which grants him the territorial advantage in any scenario

Grundy.

strengthkills
Originally posted by don't shiv
Grundy has cunning and a heightened awareness which grants him the territorial advantage in any scenario

Grundy. territory means nothing in this fight its savagery which goes 2 hulk who can be the strongest of the 2 instantaneously

strengthkills
u gotta stop postin that crossover its the biggest load of junk ever

janus77
Hulk

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Rewmac
Current Grundy.

And by Classic I mean Savage but not the overpowered version, the version on the scan 313

What version of Hulk isn't overpowered? 131

What does Grundy have going for him besides strength right now?

charlemagne9746
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
What version of Hulk isn't overpowered? 131

What does Grundy have going for him besides strength right now?

Grundy has a thunderclap which causes damage on a multiversal scale. He nearly destroyed the entire 5th dimension with just a casual thunderclap.

golem370
Thats sounds about right somebody of that power level causing muti-verse damage. roll eyes (sarcastic)

charlemagne9746
lol...it sounded good though

braz
Hulk, Batman has held his own against Grundy numerous times, Batkicking Hulk ftw was PIS IMO. sad

TricksterPriest
Depends on the Grundy. As you said, he got batkicked. But Grundy has also done well against the JLA and Superman in his stronger forms.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Hulk here

Galan007

Bat-Kick ftw!? durfist

Seriously though,

Grundy takes this.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Galan007
Seriously though,

Grundy takes this.

Really?

Galan007
Really? yes

(IMO)

Symmetric Chaos
yes

(IMO)

What can he do besides brawl though?

Galan007
What can he do besides brawl though? Current Grundy is an absloute beast. confused

Symmetric Chaos
Current Grundy is an absloute beast. confused

confused I can say the exact same thing about Hulk.

Soljer
What can he do besides brawl though?

Kick the shit out of the Hulk, for one.

Galan007
confused I can say the exact same thing about Hulk. Current Grundy seemed roughly on par with Superman, . smile

Symmetric Chaos
Current Grundy seemed roughly on par with Superman. smile

Ah.

TricksterPriest
Current Grundy seemed roughly on par with Superman, . smile

Question. Didn't Red Tornado kill him with a super hurricane?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Question. Didn't Red Tornado kill him with a super hurricane?

You can't really kill Grundy, but yes he ripped him in half.

G-Mafia
Grundy has no superspeed that I'm aware of. In my opinion, Hulk takes this.

Galan007
Originally posted by G-Mafia
Grundy has no superspeed that I'm aware of. Hulk does? confused

janus77
Hulk, no limits, staggeringly fast and agile, exponentially increasing strength, regeneration, stamina and healing

janus77
Hulk does? confused
he can move at thousands of mph, at the minimum.

Galan007
Originally posted by janus77
he can move at thousands of mph, at the minimum. What the f**k?

Symmetric Chaos
he can move at thousands of mph, at the minimum.

It's more like 250 max. And thats running speed.

G-Mafia
Hulk does? confused No, I'm not saying that. I just see people constantly saying Grundy is in Supes' league. IMO, Superman is written down to Grundys' level.

King_Mungi
He doesn't have high running speed, but his reflexes are so great he can easily tag both Flashes at the same time.

Soljer
The Hulk MAY be able to hit Mach one.

Any more than that would earnestly surprise me.

charlemagne9746
Originally posted by King_Mungi
He doesn't have high running speed, but his reflexes are so great he can easily tag both Flashes at the same time.

Hulk?...tag the Flash?....I doubt that...not unless Flash let him.

janus77
It's more like 250 max. And thats running speed.
that might be his running speed (and max is kind of iffy, considering it is a result of his musculature...) but I'm including his leaping ability - thousands of miles, in hours ...

basically, that's the kind of agility he could use to his advantage ...

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Soljer
The Hulk MAY be able to hit Mach one.

Any more than that would earnestly surprise me.

Most I've seen him hit was around 300mph running speed.

Mungi: What the f**k? No, just no. Hulk can never hit a non-jobbing Flash.

Symmetric Chaos
Most I've seen him hit was around 300mph running speed.

I'm almost certain he was refering to a feat by Grundy (which would be equally awful)

strengthkills
no brick is takin hulk in a brawl hulk 10/10 every incarnation could take it except grey hulk hes way too outmatches

Rewmac
Hulk, no limits, staggeringly fast and agile, exponentially increasing strength, regeneration, stamina and healing He has limits here. It is Classic Standard Hulk like I said.

Rewmac
He doesn't have high running speed, but his reflexes are so great he can easily tag both Flashes at the same time. No he would not.

TricksterPriest
I'm almost certain he was refering to a feat by Grundy (which would be equally awful)

Oh. Still bad, but not quite as bad as Hulk. At least Grundy has proved fast enough to fight with Superman.

strengthkills
He has limits here. It is Classic Standard Hulk like I said. What the f**k? if its classic hulk then he has no limits

Symmetric Chaos
that might be his running speed (and max is kind of iffy, considering it is a result of his musculature...) but I'm including his leaping ability - thousands of miles, in hours ...

basically, that's the kind of agility he could use to his advantage ...

erm

His speed has never really been show increase beyond a certain point.

At least as far as I know. If you have some examples of Hulk becoming noticeably faster at extreme levels of rage I'd love to see it evil face

strengthkills
Oh. Still bad, but not quite as bad as Hulk. At least Grundy has proved fast enough to fight with Superman. hulk fought glads and silver surfer and managed hits......wats ur point

King_Mungi
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Hulk?...tag the Flash?....I doubt that...not unless Flash let him.

I was talking about Grundy not Hulk

Once again where did I say Hulk?...I was talking about Grundy.

Bingo, and he has done it more then once

No he would not.

What? Grundy HAS tagged both Flashes multiple times.

Symmetric Chaos
He has limits here. It is Classic Standard Hulk like I said.

confused

Pretty much every version of Hulk has been without any major strength limitation.

Rewmac
Originally posted by strengthkills
What the f**k? if its classic hulk then he has no limits Actually classic Hulk is class 75 tonner...Savage is the limitness strenght type guy...

Rewmac
confused

Pretty much every version of Hulk has been without any major strength limitation. His first incarnation had a kinda limit. He was 75-100 tonner. And got bitchslapped by Rhino.

Symmetric Chaos
Actually classic Hulk is class 75 tonner...Savage is the limitness strenght type guy...

Then Grundy would probably destroy him no expression

strengthkills
erm

His speed has never really been show increase beyond a certain point.

At least as far as I know. If you have some examples of Hulk becoming noticeably faster at extreme levels of rage I'd love to see it evil face
Catching a tank shell. FF #25
http://img156.exs.cx/img156/7893/artillery5jv.jpg

strengthkills
His first incarnation had a kinda limit. He was 75-100 tonner. And got bitchslapped by Rhino. are we talkin grey hulk ....cause thats the orginal ...if so grundy takes it but it would still be a fight

TricksterPriest
I was talking about Grundy not Hulk

Once again where did I say Hulk?...I was talking about Grundy.

Bingo, and he has done it more then once

What? Grundy HAS tagged both Flashes multiple times.

Sorry. embarrasment That's a pretty impressive speed feat for Grundy. thumb up

Estacado
Big thing.....Midnighter kicked back a tank shall to the tank from which it was fired from.

strengthkills
Well they both got owned the same way, so which one would win?

Who wins this fight then?

Standard Hulk. confused thats savage

Symmetric Chaos

Nice thumb up

King_Mungi
Sorry. embarrasment That's a pretty impressive speed feat for Grundy. thumb up

As I mentioned as well he has done it several times, not just once.

Rewmac
thats savage As I said standard Hulk, not Savage. Thanks that you can read.

strengthkills
Originally posted by Estacado
Big thing.....Midnighter kicked back a tank shall to the tank from which it was fired from. ur jus mad hulk survived the darkness easily
and besides this fight wont be decided by speed wink

Symmetric Chaos
Big thing.....Midnighter kicked back a tank shall to the tank from which it was fired from.

Hulk caught it spun and threw the shell away fast enough that it didn't have time to detonate.

Which is rather odd since there was nothing to make it explode . . .

strengthkills
As I said standard Hulk, not Savage. Thanks that you can read. so by standard wat color is he...... the original is grey....but the standard is green....

Symmetric Chaos
As I mentioned as well he has done it several times, not just once.

If only there was an incarnation of Flash that was mildly retarded.

Oh well, I can dream.

strengthkills
ur jus mad hulk survived the darkness easily
and besides this fight wont be decided by speed wink in fact he got stronger in the darkness.....HAHA

strengthkills

Oh well, I can dream. laughing Happy Dance

TricksterPriest

blink When did Hulk fight Jackie Estacado?

And yeah, actually, I think it WILL be decided by speed. 313

If Grundy was fast enough to tag the flash, Hulk's ****ed. Grundy is already argurably stronger than Hulk since he can fight the JLA and Superman. But the speed advantage will murder Hulk.

King_Mungi

Oh well, I can dream.

Flash is my all time favorite chracter, but he isn't constantly running at light speeds. I wish people would stop thinking of him constantly doing that and on a drop of a dime. He needs momentum to get to that "higher" level.

Rewmac
Grundy can match-up Superman and he a living dead...Kinda zombie thing.

strengthkills
As I said standard Hulk, not Savage. Thanks that you can read. please tell me which hulk it is the only standard hulk i know is.....savage but u said its not so....... confused ....take ur pick theres about 30

Symmetric Chaos
Flash is my all time favorite chracter, but he isn't constantly running at light speeds. I wish people would stop thinking of him constantly doing that and on a drop of a dime. He needs momentum to get to that "higher" level.

Yes but if Flash were smart he would always be running at light speeds stick out tongue

And the fact that its hard to tell if he's going makes feats like hitting him irritatingly ambigous.

King_Mungi
Grundy is already argurably stronger than Hulk since he can fight the JLA and Superman. But the speed advantage will murder Hulk.

He's also fought all of the JSA by himself , and fought the JSA & JLA at the same time .

TricksterPriest
He's also fought all of the JSA by himself , and fought the JSA & JLA at the same time .

What the f**k? Ok, the PC feats are out, but when did he fight the JSA? Last time I saw him was in 'Tornado's path'.

Basically the upshot is: this is a curbstomp, correct? wink

strengthkills

If Grundy was fast enough to tag the flash, Hulk's ****ed. Grundy is already argurably stronger than Hulk since he can fight the JLA and Superman. But the speed advantage will murder Hulk. HA i almost choked on my gum......i could say the same...u know hulk took on both avengers teams,hit gladiator and knocked him out ,hit silver surfer...and once again hes not stronger ......strength is the entire reason hulk was made let it go

Symmetric Chaos
What the f**k? Ok, the PC feats are out, but when did he fight the JSA? Last time I saw him was in 'Tornado's path'.

He did fight them and do quite well (but remember it is the JSA). Then at some point Supergirl flew down to save Powergirl and they beat the stuffing out of him.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I think current grundy was ready to fight the league for amazo's body. That says alot. but grundy did get pwned by red tornado.tho reddy is a universal elemental. I don't know. I'm going with Hulk on this one. unless grundy gets a quick knock out.

Rewmac
HA i almost choked on my gum......i could say the same...u know hulk took on both avengers teams,hit gladiator and knocked him out ,hit silver surfer...and once again hes not stronger ......strength is the entire reason hulk was made let it go And you know that Surfer told him that he can kill him one second too...

strengthkills

If Grundy was fast enough to tag the flash, Hulk's ****ed. Grundy is already argurably stronger than Hulk since he can fight the JLA and Superman. But the speed advantage will murder Hulk. oh hulk fought jackie a little while back and basically laughed at the darkness, jackie couldnt believe it...here let me post itHulk is immune to "the powers of darkness", they actually make him stronger (this is unheard of):

These scans are from a crossover, but cool to look at nonetheless

Rewmac

strengthkills
And you know that Surfer told him that he can kill him one second too... yet he never has....the only way surfer could do it is by changing him back to banner (which doesnt work on an enraged hulk)and kill him then

strengthkills

Rewmac
yet he never has....the only way surfer could do it is by changing him back to banner (which doesnt work on an enraged hulk)and kill him then Well clearly you don't know Surfer.Originally posted by strengthkills
oh i saw it on estacados sig thought i might crack a joke on him embarrasment Well it didn't work out. That was kinda memberbashing boy.

strengthkills
Well clearly you don't know Surfer. Well it didn't work out. That was kinda memberbashing boy. u clearly dont know hulk power cosmic isnt that effective against an enraged hulk most of the time only one specific wavelength,and its not member-bashing considering the subject of the joke was a fictional character

Soljer
yet he never has....the only way surfer could do it is by changing him back to banner (which doesnt work on an enraged hulk)and kill him then

Wow.

You're QUITE ignorant of the Surfer's power.

strengthkills
Wow.

You're QUITE ignorant of the Surfer's power. Wow ur Quite ignorant of hulks(enraged) power

janus77
could Surfer kill Hulk without having to drain him of his gamma?

strengthkills
could Surfer kill Hulk without having to drain him of his gamma? he shouldnt be able to kill an enraged hulk

janus77
he shouldnt be able to kill an enraged hulk
I can't really see him killing any Hulk... they are all quasi-immortal, it seems.

but other than siphoning off the energies, I can't think of how he 'kills' (however temporarily) The Hulk.

Soljer
could Surfer kill Hulk without having to drain him of his gamma?

With nothing more than a thought. no expression.

janus77
With nothing more than a thought. no expression.
how, what exactly would he do?

King_Mungi

Happened in Supergirl #1

He was taking on Alan Scott, Flash, Mr.Terrific, WildCat, Powergirl and was winning. He was back handing Flash, nearly crushed Alan till Powergirl rused in to save him. Then overpowered Powergirl till Supergirl saved her.

Estacado
Too bad it was non canon bullshit where Hulk was "absorbing" the darkness also Jackie only tried to use some darklings on him while he could turn his inner out........

Rewmac
u clearly dont know hulk power cosmic isnt that effective against an enraged hulk most of the time only one specific wavelength,and its not member-bashing considering the subject of the joke was a fictional character You don't know what is Power Cosmic do you?Originally posted by strengthkills
he shouldnt be able to kill an enraged hulk That he is strong can smash? You don't even know what Surfer can do.

Also Grundy is more than a match to the Standard Hulk.Originally posted by Estacado
Too bad it was non canon bullshit where Hulk was "absorbing" the darkness also Jackie only tried to use some darklings on him while he could turn his inner out........ He didn't even use tha most poweful ones. No true power was unleashed by Jackie.

strengthkills
how, what exactly would he do? he couldnt

Rewmac
how, what exactly would he do? Well. Matter manipulation. Or you think Surfer's only power is the cosmic blasts?

Estacado
how, what exactly would he do?
He already said it in Surfer v3 125 that he could easily disintegrate him.

strengthkills
You don't know what is Power Cosmic do you? That he is strong can smash? You don't even know what Surfer can do.

Also Grundy is more than a match to the Standard Hulk. He didn't even use tha most poweful ones. No true power was unleashed by Jackie. power cosmic..... ah yes the power that captain universe(uni-power) controls,firelord possesses and silver surfer has.You don't even know what hulk can do.
Yes grundy is a match for standard hulk(grey hulk) ....heck i say he gets 9/10 on grey hulk,tell me if jackie didnt unleash his full power and it made hulk stronger ......what would full power do

strengthkills
He already said it in Surfer v3 125 that he could easily disintegrate him. just cause a character says he can disintergrate someone doesnt mean he can,case in point, Hulk vs high evolutionary or hulk vs firelord,or hulk vs captain universe

Estacado
Jackie could do some serious damage inside Hulk since it is dark inside his body he could use his abilities to make him go "pop" from within....he did it before.....

strengthkills
Jackie could do some serious damage inside Hulk since it is dark inside his body he could use his abilities to make him go "pop" from within....he did it before..... vision tried to make him explode by doing someting to his molecules, hulks anger made vision in his intangible form get stuck and vision almost died wink

Estacado
No it's like Jackie could create a bomb inside Hulk's mind like Sue can create force fields inside someone's body.

strengthkills
No it's like Jackie could create a bomb inside Hulk's mind like Sue can create force fields inside someone's body. meh does he have a respect thread he sounds interesting

Estacado
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/415044_3-the-darkness-respect-thread

strengthkills
thanks bro about 2 read it right now

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.