fantastic four 3???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordboo
what should happen,should introduce Franklyn,focus more on galactus or use the inhumans.what do you think would be a good idea?

boriquaking55
It shouldn't happen. They should commence with the SS spinoff and cut off ties with Tim Story completely, as well as anybody else responsible for the first two movies. Sure, that won't happen - because, let's face it, the first two films will end up grossing a ton. They're still terrible movies though.

Ridley Scott or Cameron on an SS epic anyone? One can dream

lordboo
Originally posted by boriquaking55
It shouldn't happen. They should commence with the SS spinoff and cut off ties with Tim Story completely, as well as anybody else responsible for the first two movies. Sure, that won't happen - because, let's face it, the first two films will end up grossing a ton. They're still terrible movies though.

its unfortunate movies are based on money rather than how good they actually are,but that will always be the case.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by lordboo
its unfortunate movies are based on money rather than how good they actually are,but that will always be the case.

ain't that the truth sad

DARKLORDCAEDUS

Actually Tim Story has already said that he has no problems doing FF3 and FF4. First should be the Surfer spin off than of course, FF3 done by Tim Story.

roughrider
It depends on whether they want the Surfer in FF3 or just his own movie, but I'll take a stab at a plot...
(SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN FF2)

The Celestials come to Earth to judge humanity's progress and whether they should live. Their attention was drawn by the fact Galactus was repusled from feeding, upsetting the cosmic balance. Galactus himself contacts the FF, and we see him reveal himself in something close to a humanoid form. He offers a deal to the FF, in exchange for sparing their planet forever more - that they recover the most powerful weapon in the universe, the Ultimate Nullifier, from the clutches of the Kree Empire. The Kree have used the threat of the Nullifier to send Galactus away from their worlds in the past; however, they are so martial-minded they think they can use it in a small way to devastate their rivals, the Skrulls. Galactus wants the Nullifier in his hands for safekeeping; mortal hands cannot be trusted with it. The Four agree, and get sent to infiltrate the alien Kree homeworld...

What do you think?

NoFate007
I don't think they should do a third. The Galactus/Silver Surfer storyline is perhaps the most interesting one that they could do, and they didn't do it to its fullest potential (though it was leagues above the first film).

Mole Man? Puppet Master? Too silly. It would just lead to a bunch of cheesy "can't we all get along?" scenarios and stuff.

Skrulls? If they hadn't done the whole "switching powers" and Johnny using them all at the same time angle in ROTSS, I'd say maybe, but now its thrown out the window for repetitiveness.

Annihilus? Personally, I don't think he's interesting enough.

I can't really see a third film having any interesting plot. If they do, I think Franklin should be a part of it, but you need a worthy villain that will make the film have a point to it, and judging by these two films we have already, Doom isn't able to cut it...unfortunately.

roughrider
Franklin hasn't even been born yet. How many years would they have to jump ahead to get him involved in a story?

I think they have to stay with Galactus, and the fallout from that event. Someone like Mole Man would be a step back. The rule of sequels is to get bigger each time out, with more suprises for the audience.

Ultimate Hulk43
Galactus definitely needs to return. I haven't seen the movie but I know that he was just a giant cosmic cloud in F42. If he comes back in F43, they should give him a unique, intimidating, & badass look. I don't mind the fact that he's a cosmic cloud in the latest F4 movie but in the next movie he needs to have a real appearance. I want to see him really delivering damage to the planet & our heroes by being in a true form. Of course Dr. Doom is going to return because if I remember correctly Julian McMahon is contracted to three films but hopefully he'll have a huge part.

roughrider
They have to watch out about using Doom too much. They might get the Lex Luthor problem the Superman films have, where they can't see past him for bigger threats.

Darth Vicious
I was hoping the 2nd one wouldve finished with the intoduction of Galactus and make the 3rd center on him. I didnt like how he was handle in F4 2.

ragesRemorse

There has not been a post in history that i have agreed with more. I doubt this sequal will mak much money though. see it racking up 150 million at most. Hoepfully that will scare away studio's from making another travesty in the comic universe.

If ridley scott signed on to do a silver surfer movie, I would send in my resignation of living right now, because other tha Cmaeron doing another aliens movie, life couldnt get any better

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I was hoping the 2nd one wouldve finished with the intoduction of Galactus and make the 3rd center on him. I didnt like how he was handle in F4 2.

that would have to much to ask for, because then you would actually have an ending.

fanboy 1988
They killed the mystic of Galactus by having him taken out that quick. If he comes back in the third one he just wont have that same presence anymore. sad

FF4 ruined some of the coolest characters in comics by making Galactus a pussy and turning Doctor Doom into a push over ... I hope there wont be a third installment but money talks so there probably will be sad

Ultimate Hulk43
Lol, you're taking this too seriously.

fanboy 1988
coming from a guy who has over 1800 post I don't think you got much room to talk stick out tongue

nimbus006
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

I would send in my resignation of living right now

I dunno why, but this sounded so funny to me when i read it.

steverules
If they have Galactus again I want him to look like he does in the comics rather than give us a cloud

Supreme being
Originally posted by roughrider
It depends on whether they want the Surfer in FF3 or just his own movie, but I'll take a stab at a plot...

The Celestials come to Earth to judge humanity's progress and whether they should live. Their attention was drawn by the fact Galactus was repusled from feeding, upsetting the cosmic balance. Galactus himself contacts the FF, and we see him reveal himself in something close to a humanoid form. He offers a deal to the FF, in exchange for sparing their planet forever more - that they recover the most powerful weapon in the universe, the Ultimate Nullifier, from the clutches of the Kree Empire. The Kree have used the threat of the Nullifier to send Galactus away from their worlds in the past; however, they are so martial-minded they think they can use it in a small way to devastate their rivals, the Skrulls. Galactus wants the Nullifier in his hands for safekeeping; mortal hands cannot be trusted with it. The Four agree, and get sent to infiltrate the alien Kree homeworld...

What do you think?

sad sad sad Poor poor child i think your a bit lost, do you really think the guys that brought you fantastic four1 and FF ROTSS can handle something of that magnitude heck we are allowed to dream right.

DARKLORDCAEDUS

What do you think?

Nice idea, but no. If Galactus is some sort of cloud, What makes you think The Celestials won't be something like that. Second, The FF and The Celestials never even fought in the comic book.

I don't think they should do a third. The Galactus/Silver Surfer storyline is perhaps the most interesting one that they could do, and they didn't do it to its fullest potential (though it was leagues above the first film).

Mole Man? Puppet Master? Too silly. It would just lead to a bunch of cheesy "can't we all get along?" scenarios and stuff.

Skrulls? If they hadn't done the whole "switching powers" and Johnny using them all at the same time angle in ROTSS, I'd say maybe, but now its thrown out the window for repetitiveness.

Annihilus? Personally, I don't think he's interesting enough.

I can't really see a third film having any interesting plot. If they do, I think Franklin should be a part of it, but you need a worthy villain that will make the film have a point to it, and judging by these two films we have already, Doom isn't able to cut it...unfortunately.

Part three is happening, it just hasn't been announced yet.

If they have Galactus again I want him to look like he does in the comics rather than give us a cloud

Do you have the millions of dollars to make that happen?

roughrider
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Nice idea, but no. If Galactus is some sort of cloud, What makes you think The Celestials won't be something like that. Second, The FF and The Celestials never even fought in the comic book.

First off, there will be a third. The box office is looking big enough that they will continue.

Second, since they cannot top the Galactus storyline for big significance, it is logical that they should pursue this to it's outcome; him being repulsed from Earth should draw the attention of other cosmic powers. Maybe the Celestials didn't first appear in FF, but as they are kin of sorts to Galactus, they should be able to follow him in appearence. It would also be an opportunity to introduce the Watchers, as they are the opposites to the Celestials. Unlike the Spider-Man & X-Men film series, FF has established extra-terrestial powers within their universe. The door is wide open for lots of alien Marvel creations to show up.

Third, why would the Celestials and Galactus appear in physical form in FF3? Because the rule of sequels is to get bigger each time out, and give the audience something they haven't seen yet. Think back to the original Star Wars Trilogy; The Emperor was held back until ROTJ, after just being mentioned in ANH and glimsed in a shadowy hologram in TESB. We were teased with shots of Galactus' shadow in that cloud in FF2; it would fit that he return and show himself in a humanoid form in FF3.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
First off, there will be a third. The box office is looking big enough that they will continue.

Second, since they cannot top the Galactus storyline for big significance, it is logical that they should pursue this to it's outcome; him being repulsed from Earth should draw the attention of other cosmic powers. Maybe the Celestials didn't first appear in FF, but as they are kin of sorts to Galactus, they should be able to follow him in appearence. It would also be an opportunity to introduce the Watchers, as they are the opposites to the Celestials. Unlike the Spider-Man & X-Men film series, FF has established extra-terrestial powers within their universe. The door is wide open for lots of alien Marvel creations to show up.

Third, why would the Celestials and Galactus appear in physical form in FF3? Because the rule of sequels is to get bigger each time out, and give the audience something they haven't seen yet. Think back to the original Star Wars Trilogy; The Emperor was held back until ROTJ, after just being mentioned in ANH and glimsed in a shadowy hologram in TESB. We were teased with shots of Galactus' shadow in that cloud in FF2; it would fit that he return and show himself in a humanoid form in FF3.

I HAVE ALWAYS known that there would be more FF movies Tim Story has already said it. Once again The Celestials will not make an appearance in any FF movie. iif thats the case than Galactus or Thanos or Moon Knight will appear in a Spiderman movie. Celstials not gonna happen in a FF movie. It's as I already said IS Galactus a cloud or IS HE IN the cloud. I've no idea what Tim Story has in store for FF3, I do know The Celestials are not in it.

janus77
get rid of the director and writers. start again, make it a Surfer movie.

Jimmy Buggs
Time to bring in Namor

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by fanboy 1988

FF4 ruined some of the coolest characters in comics by making Galactus a pussy and turning Doctor Doom into a push over ... I hope there wont be a third installment but money talks so there probably will be sad

well to be fair, dr doom was more powerfull than galactus

NoFate007
Namor's already getting his own movie. Its going to be directed by Jonathan Mostow, the guy who ruined the Terminator series with T3.

Magee
Galactus is not a cloud lol we see the outline of his helmet twice in the movie. If they make a third one it either has to involve galactus and surfer again after surfer gets his own movie and their origins are more established. I really like that kree/skrul plot some one mentioned as ff4 was always the comic where these big bad cosmics appeared so it would even make sense for celestials and the watchers to make an apearance.

mr.smiley
Originally posted by Magee
Galactus is not a cloud lol we see the outline of his helmet twice in the movie. If they make a third one it either has to involve galactus and surfer again after surfer gets his own movie and their origins are more established. I really like that kree/skrul plot some one mentioned as ff4 was always the comic where these big bad cosmics appeared so it would even make sense for celestials and the watchers to make an apearance.

You do see the outline of his helmet twice but that doesn't mean he's NOT a cloud.If your not familiar with Galactus and know nothing about him you don't see a humanoid presence in the cloud.You just see a big storm cloud.I think the outline of his helmet was more of a nod to the fans to establish a resemblence to the Galactus they know.

I think it would be best just to go with the Surfer spin off film.If they plan on making a FF3 maybe they could add in another cosmic intity.Possibly the beyonder or something.They could always claim the cloud wasn't the 'real' Galactus and bring in the more familiar looking version.

roughrider
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
I HAVE ALWAYS known that there would be more FF movies Tim Story has already said it. Once again The Celestials will not make an appearance in any FF movie. iif thats the case than Galactus or Thanos or Moon Knight will appear in a Spiderman movie. Celstials not gonna happen in a FF movie. It's as I already said IS Galactus a cloud or IS HE IN the cloud. I've no idea what Tim Story has in store for FF3, I do know The Celestials are not in it.

Yeah, know that for sure do you? You are in the story conferences at Fox, can peek inside the minds of Tim Story and his screenwriters? Or you can just predict the future? If so, let's have the wininng lottery numbers for next week.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Yeah, know that for sure do you? You are in the story conferences at Fox, can peek inside the minds of Tim Story and his screenwriters? Or you can just predict the future? If so, let's have the wininng lottery numbers for next week.

Go on certain sites and learn to read. Tim Story has already said that he will do another FF movie. As for the Celestials being in an FF movie, not likely. The next film will probably have the Skrulls. Namor is getting his own film.

roughrider
Namor should be getting his own film; he's Marvel's oldest hero.
I'm just saying, if the Celestials come around, it will be in a FF movie. There's no talk about a movie for The Eternals.

And I'm just saying what I think they should do. While you claim to know exactly what they will do. We'll see.

Manslayer
Originally posted by mr.smiley
You do see the outline of his helmet twice but that doesn't mean he's NOT a cloud.If your not familiar with Galactus and know nothing about him you don't see a humanoid presence in the cloud.You just see a big storm cloud.I think the outline of his helmet was more of a nod to the fans to establish a resemblence to the Galactus they know.

That also doesnt dispute him as being a cloud. If he was the cloud itself why did surfer bother to even fly into it in the first place? Again the helmet wasnt the only thing we saw. Look closely when the camera shows the cloud and earth and you will notice galactus right arm and right leg which is glowing indicating he is in the cloud.

So by using what you just said is it safe to assume the emperor in TESB is a hologram?

Wolverine2006
I think they're gonna have Namor, they said something about a city sinking into the ocean at the end. I hated how the Surfer needed his surf board and then turned all weird without it

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I believe FF3 will happen. Prolly after The Silver Surfer movie. Speaking of the Surfer film. Galactus should make an appearance. As for who the FF will fight this time, I'd lay odds that The Skrulls will be in it. Maybe Mole Man, but I don't think he would make an interesting big screen villain. I also think Blastaar and Annihilus would be great choices also. As for The Celestials, I doubt it, I believe they only appeared once in FF#400, which was very stupid. But I guess I will just wait and see what Tim Story has in store when he starts talking the next one.

Ultimate Hulk43
I'm pretty sure Galactus will make some sort of appearance in the Silver Surfer film & they should also explain why he was a cosmic cloud.

Jonny_Storm
it probably will be mole man in ff3 as Reed says at the end of FF2 that the whole city of Los Angeles has just gone underground. that could be just for us comic book fans though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.