first two movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

laxmazta
When elizabeth falls of the cliff about to be asked to be married by commodore and jack is talking to the two british guys he says "and then they made me cheif". What does this mean?? is it a referenece to when the natives in DMC made him chief or what?

IheartPocky
He started telling them a story. And yes, they used that as a connection to the cannibal island. Sorta like how they talked about Singapore in the first two and went there in the third. It also suggests that Jack may've been to that island before.

That's what I hear smile

potcfan2003
I was wondering about that too, but I always thought I misheard it, because I never understand what Jacksays because he slurs his words, but anyhow, in the first movie-

* Jack cuts off liz's corset*

Guard- Never would have thought of that

Jack- Does he say Then clearly you've never been to Singapore, or clearly you've never been to sea before? I never knew which one, bc Jack slur his words... probably from too much rum

IheartPocky
Singapore. Clearly, you've never been to Singapore. smile

texgodiva2s
in the story--then they made me...it's a reference back to a monty python skit, please don't ask which one. I read this somewhere--

I discovered on my own though Jack's rather rauchy statement when at Tia Dalma's place the black spot is discovered. He says "I just want you all to know I can still see as well as I ever have".

IheartPocky
My eyesight is good as ever, just so ya know. smile

something like that.. hehe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.