Firestorm vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
No prep/BFR

Battle takes place in central Metropolis.

Who takes it?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Galan007
No prep/BFR

Who takes it?

I'd go with thanos. We dont' really know how powerful the new firestorm is. tho he did hand kalibak a nice defeat. Kalibak is above the top tier. But to what extent we dont' know. So we have to go with Thanos.

TricksterPriest
This is tricky. Firestorm is very hard to class in terms of his power. I'd still go with Thanos, much greater versatility and nigh-invulnerable.

Galan007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
This is tricky. Firestorm is very hard to class in terms of his power. I'd still go with Thanos, much greater versatility and nigh-invulnerable. Thanos, more versatile?

Nah...

And invulnerability hardly matters here.

TricksterPriest
Thanos, more versatile?

Nah...

And invulnerability hardly matters here.

blink Firestorm is that good?

Galan007
blink Firestorm is that good? You said Thanos had "much greater versatility".

This just isn't the case.

nvrbeenwthagirl
blink Firestorm is that good?

He is no joke. he can pretty much do everything a transmuter of the highest order can do, absorb mass amounts of energy like an energy wielder and make complex constructs like a pro green lantern.

guy222
No prep/BFR

Who takes it?

Firestorm FTW

tdawg14
Thanos with ease

Galan007
Originally posted by tdawg14
Thanos with ease lol.

tdawg14
lol.

Didn't know I said something funny. Thanos with ease. Firestorm is not better than SS.

TricksterPriest
lol.

Galan, can Firestorm really take a majority from Thanos? Who has he beaten at that level? confused

Galan007
Galan, can Firestorm really take a majority from Thanos? Who has he beaten at that level? confused Don't know if he could take the majority, I just think it's hilarious that someone can seriously say Thanos takes this "with ease". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not only can FS go intangible, but he can create GL-esk constructs, redirect almost any blast thrown at him, absorb massive amounts of energy, etc, etc.

To say Thanos takes FS with ease, is to not know who FS is, and what he is capable of. smile

quanchi112
thanos wins this and crushes him.

Galan007
Originally posted by quanchi112
thanos wins this and crushes him. According to you, Thanos would "crush" damn near any DC character... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thus,

One of the reasons why you are mocked throughout the forum(s). doped

King Kandy
This is pretty tough... But I think Thanos just has to much power in him for firestorm.

Galan007
Originally posted by King Kandy
This is pretty tough... But I think Thanos just has to much power in him for firestorm. I somewhat agree,

Thanos may have a slight edge, but it would be a very slight edge at best imo.

King Kandy
Yeah, I agree... That's why I'm only giving him like a 6/10 majority...

quanchi112
According to you, Thanos would "crush" damn near any DC character... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thus,

One of the reasons why you are mocked throughout the forum(s). doped becuz i think thanos would beat darkseid and charcaters under darkseid in power. yeah thats every character in dc. mad

Galan007
becuz i think thanos would beat darkseid and charcaters under darkseid in power. yeah thats every character in dc. mad laughing out loud

Easy tiger.

Utrigita
Didn't Firestorm redirect the Omega Beam ???

starlock
i will give thanos the slight majority
it will not be an easy fight IMO

Wally West
I'd give Surfer the edge over Firestorm, and Thanos has beaten him with ease...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Wally West
I'd give Surfer the edge over Firestorm, and Thanos has beaten him with ease... exactly.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Wally West
I'd give Surfer the edge over Firestorm, and Thanos has beaten him with ease...

Could surfer beat Orion with ease? kalibak DID. And FireStorm pretty handed kalibak a handy beating. the new firestorm seems to be far more powerful than the previous one.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Could surfer beat Orion with ease? kalibak DID. And FireStorm pretty handed kalibak a handy beating. the new firestorm seems to be far more powerful than the previous one. surfer beat orion with ease in the hunger. so yeah the only time they met. ur point.

nvrbeenwthagirl
surfer beat orion with ease in the hunger. so yeah the only time they met. ur point.

the Hunger is non cannon. And surfer couldn't beat Orion with any definite ruling. Surfer would be hard pressed to over come the MB and the AF plus Orion's own natural new god powers.

norrinradd43
If Thanos Crushes Alan Scott like you people said, he Crushes Firestorm

quanchi112
the Hunger is non cannon. And surfer couldn't beat Orion with any definite ruling. Surfer would be hard pressed to over come the MB and the AF plus Orion's own natural new god powers. whether its canon or not is irrelevant. the only time they met in a stand alone story had surfer crush him. surfer would be way to much for orion to handle. the comic had it right.

TricksterPriest
whether its canon or not is irrelevant. the only time they met in a stand alone story had surfer crush him. surfer would be way to much for orion to handle. the comic had it right.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/aae.jpg

Are you high? Surfer would be hard-pressed to get any victories over Orion. What the f**k?

quanchi112
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/aae.jpg

Are you high? Surfer would be hard-pressed to get any victories over Orion. What the f**k? are u? read the hunger only time they met. tell me what the writer thought of that story. Happy Dance

Doctor D.P.
Thanos Mind rapes him ! smile

TricksterPriest
are u? read the hunger only time they met. tell me what the writer thought of that story. Happy Dance

That writer knows shit about the new gods. roll eyes (sarcastic) 2nd, non-canon. 3rd, you are greatly underestimating Orion if you think Surfer stomps him. I think it's the other way around. evil face

Doctor D.P.
That writer knows shit about the new gods. roll eyes (sarcastic) 2nd, non-canon. 3rd, you are greatly underestimating Orion if you think Surfer stomps him. I think it's the other way around. evil face

Orion has been depicted as a tool ever since Walter Simsons run. He's been laid out by the Star Conqueror, Hypolita, The General, Firestorm and had a hard time against a White Martian even though he was covered in flames. Orion has been a cosmic ***** ever since Morissons run ! smile

quanchi112
That writer knows shit about the new gods. roll eyes (sarcastic) 2nd, non-canon. 3rd, you are greatly underestimating Orion if you think Surfer stomps him. I think it's the other way around. evil face listen ur greatly underestimating the surfer. as it stand they met once and the writer sided with surfer. ur little imagination world, isnt canon either. new gods could hang with galactus or his heralds. they just are simply to much for new gods. its simple.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Doctor D.P.
Orion has been depicted as a tool ever since Walter Simsons run. He's been laid out by the Star Conqueror, Hypolita, The General, Firestorm and had a hard time against a White Martian even though he was covered in flames. Orion has been a cosmic ***** ever since Morissons run ! smile laughing laughing Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Soljer
Don't know if he could take the majority, I just think it's hilarious that someone can seriously say Thanos takes this "with ease". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not only can FS go intangible, but he can create GL-esk constructs, redirect almost any blast thrown at him, absorb massive amounts of energy, etc, etc.

To say Thanos takes FS with ease, is to not know who FS is, and what he is capable of. smile

I'm not commenting on your opinion, or on the fight. Just your explanation.

The Silver Surfer can do every single thing you mentioned, and Thanos pimp-smacks him all over the place.

While I'm NOT saying he'd do the same to Firestorm, I'm just saying that your evidence is quite faulty.

Oh and to Trickster; and Orion doesn't stomp the Surfer, come now.

I remember you admitting that all your Orion info stemmed from Long Pig's rants about him and the Astro Force. Heh....

Soljer
listen ur greatly underestimating the surfer. as it stand they met once and the writer sided with surfer. ur little imagination world, isnt canon either. new gods could hang with galactus or his heralds. they just are simply to much for new gods. its simple.

Did you just claim that new gods couldn't hang with the Heralds of Galactus?

No matter HOW much you underrate the new gods, there is no WAY you could say that the most powerful are weaker than all of Galactus' heralds. The Surfer is one thing - he can hang - the rest of the heralds just aren't at his level, though. Norrin's an outlier, a few standard deviations away. He isn't the everyday herald...erm.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Soljer
Did you just claim that new gods couldn't hang with the Heralds of Galactus?

No matter HOW much you underrate the new gods, there is no WAY you could say that the most powerful are weaker than all of Galactus' heralds. The Surfer is one thing - he can hang - the rest of the heralds just aren't at his level, though. Norrin's an outlier, a few standard deviations away. He isn't the everyday herald...erm. well im talking of tyrant he is indeed a herald.

hush
Thanos 8/10.

Soljer
well im talking of tyrant he is indeed a herald.

Tyrant isn't a herald....

quanchi112
Tyrant isn't a herald.... well creations. whatever word u want to use. all of galactus herald and creations would tear new genesis and apokolips asunder. tyrant,fallen one, air walker,firelord,red shift, morg,terrax,silver surfer,etc. that is what i meant. beings who have their power from galactus are more powerful than the new gods in general.

starking
well creations. whatever word u want to use. all of galactus herald and creations would tear new genesis and apokolips asunder. tyrant,fallen one, air walker,firelord,red shift, morg,terrax,silver surfer,etc. that is what i meant. beings who have their power from galactus are more powerful than the new gods in general. So they can whoop up beings that make planets, look like marbles. Of course they can, because they're from Marvel roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Originally posted by starking
So they can whoop up beings that make planets, look like marbles. Of course they can, because they're from Marvel roll eyes (sarcastic) hey well then i guess superman and doomsday are universe killers to. go read the book where galactus and silver surfer show up to apolkolips. ull see what these new gods do roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

Soljer
hey well then i guess superman and doomsday are universe killers to. go read the book where galactus and silver surfer show up to apolkolips. ull see what these new gods do roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

You're really quite that ignorant of DC, aren't you?

You aren't even just pretending....you REALLY have no clue.

starking
hey well then i guess superman and doomsday are universe killers to. go read the book where galactus and silver surfer show up to apolkolips. ull see what these new gods do roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing That's bullshit. And the Hunger is non-canon no expression

quanchi112
Originally posted by starking
That's bullshit. And the Hunger is non-canon no expression i neevr said that is was. but that happened in a comic and dc let the new gods look like bitche- to galactus. and im not ignorant i just know how suprior galactus and all his creations are to new gods. its no knock its reality.

King Kandy
You cannot use Non-Canon sources in a debate... It just doesn't work that way.

If a comic appeared where in a crossover Darkseid murdered Thanos, you'd be screaming "Non-Canon, Non-Canon!"

quanchi112
Originally posted by King Kandy
You cannot use Non-Canon sources in a debate... It just doesn't work that way.

If a comic appeared where in a crossover Darkseid murdered Thanos, you'd be screaming "Non-Canon, Non-Canon!" well in the noncanon source it wasnt even close. galactus and his creations are bad asses. more than the new gods could handle. new gods are powerful but the cosmic hearlds along with tyrant are just simply to much for this pantheon of gods to deal with.

King Kandy
I'd love CANON evidence for that.

llagrok
well in the noncanon source it wasnt even close. galactus and his creations are bad asses. more than the new gods could handle. new gods are powerful but the cosmic hearlds along with tyrant are just simply to much for this pantheon of gods to deal with.

Like he said, it was non-canon. NOT CANON.

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
Like he said, it was non-canon. NOT CANON. whatever. gaalctus and his creations>all new gods. end of story.

King Kandy
whatever. gaalctus and his creations>all new gods. end of story.
Prove it. Using Canon sources.

starking
whatever. gaalctus and his creations>all new gods. end of story. And don't forget, Marvel>Dc.

TricksterPriest
You're really quite that ignorant of DC, aren't you?

You aren't even just pretending....you REALLY have no clue.

This isn't even the worst things he's claimed. Things like Thanos taking out Darkseid, Validus, Power Gem Thor beating the LSH, etc. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soljer
www.dictionary.com

Try looking up 'debate.'

And, perhaps, 'canon.'

Symmetric Chaos
www.dictionary.com

Try looking up 'debate.'

And, perhaps, 'canon.'

Debate: From De and Bate

Canon: It makes an asplosion and shoots stuff

quanchi112
well fpr one galactus can shatter solar systems when angry. hes the devourer of wolrds. his hearlds all possess the power cosmic. tyrant is a rung below galactus in his newly depowered mode. silver surfer can destroy planets when angry like nothing and this is when hes holding back. one of the most pwerful new gods can get the crap kicked out of him by superman. hes one of the strongest new gods. superman isnt do crap to tyrant ...eevr.

nvrbeenwthagirl
well fpr one galactus can shatter solar systems when angry. hes the devourer of wolrds. his hearlds all possess the power cosmic. tyrant is a rung below galactus in his newly depowered mode. silver surfer can destroy planets when angry like nothing and this is when hes holding back. one of the most pwerful new gods can get the crap kicked out of him by superman. hes one of the strongest new gods. superman isnt do crap to tyrant ...eevr.

You are so pathetic. You realize that Stayne, One of Darksied's creations is more powerful than any herald Galactus ever made? YOu realize that Light Ray can create stars on a whim. That New Gods can create universes and that Darksied's Omega punked out all of the new Gods and created multiple realities from which mr. Miracle barely escaped. highfather, another new god, created Takion. the being who was able to briefly halt the universe shattering power of the Godwave. This same Godwave was able to conquer all the forces of heaven. You should learn to be quiet.

Galan007
Originally posted by Utrigita
Didn't Firestorm redirect the Omega Beam ??? Not just the Omega Beams, but the Omega Force itself:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_fs9-1.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_fs10-1.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
Not just the Omega Beams, but the Omega Force itself:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_fs9-1.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_fs10-1.jpg

Doesn't look like firestorm really over powered the Omega Force. Which is just an uber beam. It's not like the OE. But still a fantastic Feat. He just redirected it with some crazy constuct that must have been nigh indestructible.

Galan007
The post I responded to:
Originally posted by Utrigita
Didn't Firestorm redirect the Omega Beam ???

I responded with:
Not just the Omega Beams, but the Omega Force itself:

Then you responded to my post with:
Doesn't look like firestorm really over powered the Omega Force. Which is just an uber beam. It's not like the OE. But still a fantastic Feat. He just redirected it with some crazy constuct that must have been nigh indestructible. So yeah........ I know.. confused

nvrbeenwthagirl
Since Current Firestorm is far Superior To the old Firestorm, I'd Say Thanos may be in trouble if he tries and uses energy. Firestorm Absorbs it with the best of them and can redirect. I Dont' see how firestorm is going to beat Thanos either. So I'm going for BFR in Thanos's favor.

Galan007
So I'm going for BFR in Thanos's favor. Read the opening post, then re-think this stance. smile

hush

Metron Orion Black Racer and superma can kill most if not all of galactus hearlds but not tyrant. hell Highfather and Darkseid can.

quanchi112
Originally posted by hush
Metron Orion Black Racer and superma can kill most if not all of galactus hearlds but not tyrant. hell Highfather and Darkseid can. no they cant. surfer would smak orion upside his head, tyrant beats darkseid silly. morg would smack orion upside his head to. hearlds to powerful especillay when u bring in the fallen one and surfer who has gotten an upgrade.

Galan007
especillay when u bring in the fallen one Fallen One gargles my balls. no expression

quanchi112
Fallen One gargles my balls. no expression ok way to just waste posts.

Galan007
ok way to just waste posts. I was being dead serious. no expression

Symmetric Chaos
Fallen One gargles my balls. no expression

So you had someone castrate you and reduce your testicles to a fine, near liquid, paste?

thumb up

Galan007
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
So you had someone castrate you and reduce your testicles to a fine, near liquid, paste?

thumb up Ask your mom...... 313

I know, it was an old/bad joke... embarrasment

Soljer
Ask your mom...... 313

I know, it was an old/bad joke... embarrasment

I don't get it...even if it WERE his mom that castrated you and liquified your testicles....how is that any kind of diss to him?

That's just you acknowledging your castration...

Galan007
I don't get it...even if it WERE his mom that castrated you and liquified your testicles....how is that any kind of diss to him?

That's just you acknowledging your castration... I suppose we can't have it all, ey? ermm

Symmetric Chaos

That's just you acknowledging your castration...

crylaugh

the Darkone
Firestorm will give Thanos hell but he will still lose the great majority, Thanos will out smart Firestorm every time, Thanos thinks ten steps before battling. Fallen One can gargle my balls too, he hasn't done sh** except for getting a$$ raped by Thanos, and getting chin check by a fairy.

long pig
Depends.

Thanos would spend the majority of the time trying not to get stuck into the liquid adamantium(or anything really. Think of something and he can probably turn it into that) pit FS just created underneath his feet.

Since Thanos can't fly, he's really vulnerable to that type of attack.

the Darkone
Originally posted by long pig
Depends.

Thanos would spend the majority of the time trying not to get stuck into the liquid adamantium(or anything really. Think of something and he can probably turn it into that) pit FS just created underneath his feet.

Since Thanos can't fly, he's really vulnerable to that type of attack.

Thanos can teleport at will.

hush
no they cant. surfer would smak orion upside his head, tyrant beats darkseid silly. morg would smack orion upside his head to. hearlds to powerful especillay when u bring in the fallen one and surfer who has gotten an upgrade.

Metron and Black Racer can kill surfer and morg.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by hush
Metron and Black Racer can kill surfer and morg.

So Can the Infinity Man, Takion, And a blast from the AF.

Galan007
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thanos can teleport at will. Without tech? confused

Skeets
Meh,Thanos murders him.Lets not Overrate the guy,he was better as just that guy people over look.

Galan007
Originally posted by Skeets
Meh,Thanos murders him.Lets not Overrate the guy,he was better as just that guy people over look. Thanos would probably take the majority,

But it's certainly not a curbstomp in his favor imo.

draxx_tOfU
No prep/BFR

Who takes it?

Firestorm replaces the Fallen One as Thanos' lackey...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos in no way can over power Firestorm. We already know that Firestorm can redirect insane amounts of power. At first I though Thanos would be able to mind rape. But Kalibak had a psychich version of the Omega Effect that put Mr. Miracle on his knees. And Mr. Miracle is the 2nd most powerful telepath among the Good New Gods. So I"m assuming that Firestorm is somehow immune to Tp. If not, then Thanos wins this with ease with a simple mind wipe or forced demerger.

draxx_tOfU
Thanos in no way can over power Firestorm. We already know that Firestorm can redirect insane amounts of power. At first I though Thanos would be able to mind rape. But Kalibak had a psychich version of the Omega Effect that put Mr. Miracle on his knees. And Mr. Miracle is the 2nd most powerful telepath among the Good New Gods. So I"m assuming that Firestorm is somehow immune to Tp. If not, then Thanos wins this with ease with a simple mind wipe or forced demerger.

are you implying that since Firestorm can redirect insane amounts of power, then no way can Thanos overpower him?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
are you implying that since Firestorm can redirect insane amounts of power, then no way can Thanos overpower him?

What is thanos going to do? Punch him? firestorm can fly and become intangible. Punching isn't going to work. Thanos isn't known for his vast energy displays. He's known for being tuff as shit and throwing a good right hand and some Good planning and Telepathy. If you can tell me how Thanos is going to take Firestorm down then I"m game to listen. I give Thanos a majority but only the slimmest. And it depends on who Firestorm merges with. If he merges with say, Firehawk, Thanos is pretty much done for.

draxx_tOfU
What is thanos going to do? Punch him? firestorm can fly and become intangible. Punching isn't going to work. Thanos isn't known for his vast energy displays. He's known for being tuff as shit and throwing a good right hand and some Good planning and Telepathy. If you can tell me how Thanos is going to take Firestorm down then I"m game to listen. I give Thanos a majority but only the slimmest. And it depends on who Firestorm merges with. If he merges with say, Firehawk, Thanos is pretty much done for.

same thing as if Thanos is going to keep on pouring vast amounts of energy when he realizes that Firstorm can redirect energy...

and once again...

your making it sound as if flight and intangibility give Firestorm the edge?

nvrbeenwthagirl
same thing as if Thanos is going to keep on pouring vast amounts of energy when he realizes that Firstorm can redirect energy...

and once again...

your making it sound as if flight and intangibility give Firestorm the edge?

Firestorm is not a go in and fight type of guy. I dont' know if he is every going to get up close and personal with Thanos. He did take the fight to kalibak, only becuz of the explosion that was going to happen. SO yeah flight and intangibility are edges that Thanos does not have. As I also stated, Thanos has Durability and strength as an edge. How would Thanos react to A cell made of that stuff Firestorm created to redirect the Omega Force.

draxx_tOfU
i'm pretty sure that not having flight and intangibility were not on top of the "insurmountable odds list" that Thanos went through during the IG saga...

draxx_tOfU
i'm pretty sure that not having flight and intangibility were not on top of the "insurmountable odds list" that Thanos went through during the IG saga...

nvrbeenwthagirl

Not when you have that much prep it's not. This isn't the IG Saga and there is no prep. Thanos has been caught off guard and wondered if he was goign to float thru space for ever since he had no flight.

draxx_tOfU
sorry, i hit quote instead of edit...

draxx_tOfU
Not when you have that much prep it's not. This isn't the IG Saga and there is no prep. Thanos has been caught off guard and wondered if he was goign to float thru space for ever since he had no flight.

believe me, his resourcefulness negates that disadvantage...

he has bitchslapped the best who is in Firestorm's tier, including the SS who possesses **gasp** flight...

nvrbeenwthagirl
believe me, his resourcefulness negates that disadvantage...

he has bitchslapped the best who is in Firestorm's tier, including the SS who possesses **gasp** flight...

SS fights like a bafoon against Thanos. You realize That the Surfer has done better against The Runner, and the Runner is Thanos's superior. YOu know why, Becuz the surfer actually put up a good fight. When he fight's thanos, he gets bitched becuz he forgets all of his powers and just goes charging in to get pimp slapped. Kinda like everyone else who fights Thanos. They forget who they are and go charging in like they are Kalibak or something.

Validus
laughing out loud

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by Validus
laughing out loud

Bouboumaster
I say that Surfer and Firestorm are near the same lvl. Thanos beat his ass.

Molicular control? No problem for the Big Purple Lips!
http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=reality5hd.jpg

boriquaking55
Sorry, as underrated as Firestorm is - I have to give the edge to Thanos here. I still feel SS > FS so I can't logically give FS majority against someone like Thanos.

Anyone who says otherwise, please explain why FS couldn't handle Black Adam, then. If he's all that, why did he need the help of everyone else during that crossover.

iceman24567
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Sorry, as underrated as Firestorm is - I have to give the edge to Thanos here. I still feel SS > FS so I can't logically give FS majority against someone like Thanos.

Anyone who says otherwise, please explain why FS couldn't handle Black Adam, then. If he's all that, why did he need the help of everyone else during that crossover. They were trying to hold him down.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by iceman24567
They were trying to hold him down.

it was a PIS filled storyline, I shouldn't have brought it up.

iceman24567
it was a PIS filled storyline, I shouldn't have brought it up. Soo true...

Galan007
Anyone who says otherwise, please explain why FS couldn't handle Black Adam, then. If he's all that, why did he need the help of everyone else during that crossover. The same reason Black Panther was able to 'armbar' Surfer... PIS.

boriquaking55
The same reason Black Panther was able to 'armbar' Surfer... PIS.

yea I already retracted that

Bransolute
Thanos easily. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.