Silver Surfer vs Superman with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charlemagne9746
Galactus has given Superman the power cosmic...and removed his weaknesses to red sun radiation, magic, and kryptonite. Superman and Silver Silver then fight to determine who is the Big G's top herald...bloodlust is on...who wins?

janus77
whoever has the more power cosmic and the greater experience.

Surfer has used his experience to out fox other - equally powerful - Heralds so I think Surfer should win if they're of equal power.

if it's Superman's powers + PC (at Surfer levels), then it's a no brainer - Superman wins.

Soljer

Alright...so...we take Kal El.

Throw him under a yellow sun for a couple decades.

THEN give him the power cosmic.

THEN remove his few (rapidly evaporating) weaknesses.

And THEN pit him against the Surfer? Uhhh....Kal El for the win.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Soljer

Alright...so...we take Kal El.

Throw him under a yellow sun for a couple decades.

THEN give him the power cosmic.

THEN remove his few (rapidly evaporating) weaknesses.

And THEN pit him against the Surfer? Uhhh....Kal El for the win.

Basically, this is the Kryptonian vs. Surfer. Jesus christ, this is a curbstomp. I mean, my god! Superman on his own is tough enough to take Surfer. But you give him PC...........he's transcedant level. And frankly, I'd give him decent odds against Thanos in that form. stick out tongue

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Basically, this is the Kryptonian vs. Surfer. Jesus christ, this is a curbstomp. I mean, my god! Superman on his own is tough enough to take Surfer. But you give him PC...........he's transcedant level. And frankly, I'd give him decent odds against Thanos in that form. stick out tongue

Superman on his own is tough enough to tangle with the Surfer. He won't beat him for a majority though.

And I wouldn't put Superman with the Power Cosmic in the transcendent tier any time soon.

Symmetric Chaos
So it's:

Superman + MatterManip + EnergyManip + Increased Durability + God Knows What Else - Weaknesses

Surfer is more screwed than . . . um . . . one of them screw thingys.

TricksterPriest
Superman on his own is tough enough to tangle with the Surfer. He won't beat him for a majority though.

And I wouldn't put Superman with the Power Cosmic in the transcendent tier any time soon.

However, he is capable of beating the surfer. you can argue how many times, but it's within his capabilities to beat the surfer.

And yes, I'd argue the Kryptonian is Transcendant. stick out tongue Current supes with PC, and the experience from his time as Superman Blue? Definitely transcendant. Now, maybe the Kryptonian wouldn't have that level of experience, but the theory is sound.

carver9
surfer dies.

tdawg14
At both their normal levels, SS>>Supes. Here though, Supes wins

carver9
Originally posted by tdawg14
At both their normal levels, SS>>Supes. Here though, Supes wins

I think you need to add two more >>

spidey-dude
with a twist ? i dont get these with a twist threads. explain exactly what you mean when you put that.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by spidey-dude
with a twist ? i dont get these with a twist threads. explain exactly what you mean when you put that.

no expression

Jebus reborn
with a twist ? i dont get these with a twist threads. explain exactly what you mean when you put that. did u reed teh 1st post genus?

UniOmni
Why does Superman automatically get all the power applications Surfer has, which the other heralds really haven't shown?

Superman with the PC would more than likely just be as durable as before, fast as before, and strong as before(amping is possible) but with PC blasts of the generic quality most heralds get.

He's not automatically Superman+Surfer, since Surfer is more than likely the outlier of the heralds.

I'm not saying Surfer wins, but it's not Eradicator with an S-shield jobber aura that he's facing here people.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
did u reed teh 1st post genus? yes i did. still no reason y to add the with a twist thing.

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
no expression

Co-signed.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by UniOmni
Why does Superman automatically get all the power applications Surfer has, which the other heralds really haven't shown?

Superman with the PC would more than likely just be as durable as before, fast as before, and strong as before(amping is possible) but with PC blasts of the generic quality most heralds get.

He's not automatically Superman+Surfer, since Surfer is more than likely the outlier of the heralds.

I'm not saying Surfer wins, but it's not Eradicator with an S-shield jobber aura that he's facing here people.

Wouldn't he almost certainly gain at least durability? I mean NorinRaad wasn't nearly as durable before he became Surfer.

UniOmni
Look at Johnny as the Invisible Man tho.

Or Firelord.

Surfers insane durability isn't the norm of the herald group, which is why i'm not gonna make him Eradicator off the bat.

Surfer is the outlier of the herald set, since none of the others are nearly as powerful overall.

tdawg14

DC fans are looking for a way to have Supes beat the Surfer cause in a normal matchup, Supes loses the majority.

quanchi112
DC fans are looking for a way to have Supes beat the Surfer cause in a normal matchup, Supes loses the majority. cosigned.

panthergod

It's probably because Superman has already proven to be far more tactically proficient with energy manipulation powers than any Herald.

Surfer gets destroyed with ease in this match up, and it isn't even remotely close.

panthergod
DC fans are looking for a way to have Supes beat the Surfer cause in a normal matchup, Supes loses the majority.
Since he'd match Surfer at the least, it's obviously not that.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by panthergod
It's probably because Superman has already proven to be far more tactically proficient with energy manipulation powers than any Herald.

Surfer gets destroyed with ease in this match up, and it isn't even remotely close.

For once, we agree. smile

For those hating on Superman in this match, consider Superman Blue. This Superman would have the power of the kryptonian, but the experience from Blue. And Blue was an A-list energy manipulator. Some of the stuff he came up with was ingenius. Surfer's getting assraped in this fight. wink

hush
the Kryptonian in a crup stomp.

Mindship
"That power, combined with his own extraordinary abilities, makes Superman the second most powerful being in existence."
--Reed Richards, after Galactus infused Superman with PC. Yowza.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Mindship
"That power, combined with his own extraordinary abilities, makes Superman the second most powerful being in existence."
--Reed Richards, after Galactus infused Superman with PC.

Something of an exageration, but you get the idea. stick out tongue

However, that's not counting the vast combat and energy manipulating experience that Superman had over the kryptonian, not to mention there's a good chance that the Superman who became the kryptonian, wasn't as powerful as the current Superman.

Avalonofthewind

Are you saying that Erads would whoops SS? wink

Soljer
Not to mention that the Kryptonian was ANYTHING but canon. To be perfectly honest, it's exactly as Uni was alluding to. We have no idea how much power Galactus would imbue within Superman. We have no idea whether he'd get as much as he did when he became 'the kryptonian.'

We don't know if he'd be a Kryptonian (the race, not the character) Silver Surfer. We don't know if he'd add to his powers, multiply them, or raise them exponentially.

Galactus could take ANY of these routes when imbuing Kal El. Truly? We don't know which he would. Perhaps Superman will stay EXACTLY as strong/fast/durable as he is, and get a few cosmic powers along with it. Perhaps he'll become millions of times stronger than he currently is.

It's up for anyones supposition.

The fact of the matter IS, however, that we DON'T know that he'd become 'the kryptonian.' The Kryptonian isn't in this thread - he's non canon - the comics he appeared in means absolutely dick.

I'm not arguing for the Surfer's win here, I believe I made my opinion clear in one of the first posts.

However, Superman + Cosmic Power does NOT necessarily yield the kryptonian. It just doesn't work that way.

UniOmni
Originally posted by panthergod

Than any herald?

No.

Most heralds, sure.

And ElectroSupes had the em spectrum to get familiar with.

The PC is a much bigger bag, and who's to say it'll be like riding a bike?

Kameha King was right.

When anyone but Superman does it, cool beans and all that.

When Superman does it, stop the presses, bestest evah!

And lol at anyone who's second to Galactus being the most powerful guy ever, when Galactus himself is only arguably top five.

LOLQ~!

TricksterPriest
Not to mention that the Kryptonian was ANYTHING but canon. To be perfectly honest, it's exactly as Uni was alluding to. We have no idea how much power Galactus would imbue within Superman. We have no idea whether he'd get as much as he did when he became 'the kryptonian.'

We don't know if he'd be a Kryptonian (the race, not the character) Silver Surfer. We don't know if he'd add to his powers, multiply them, or raise them exponentially.

Galactus could take ANY of these routes when imbuing Kal El. Truly? We don't know which he would. Perhaps Superman will stay EXACTLY as strong/fast/durable as he is, and get a few cosmic powers along with it. Perhaps he'll become millions of times stronger than he currently is.

It's up for anyones supposition.

The fact of the matter IS, however, that we DON'T know that he'd become 'the kryptonian.' The Kryptonian isn't in this thread - he's non canon - the comics he appeared in means absolutely dick.

I'm not arguing for the Surfer's win here, I believe I made my opinion clear in one of the first posts.

However, Superman + Cosmic Power does NOT necessarily yield the kryptonian. It just doesn't work that way.

big grin thumb up That's a spetnaz-esque post. Wow dude. you are definitely on a roll since you got back.

Avalon: Is there an Erads vs. SS thread? shifty

SpunkySmurph
with a twist ? i dont get these with a twist threads. explain exactly what you mean when you put that. Oh, forget that. Soljer started that trend a while back just because he's anal like that.

Hey, spidey, how old are you? You seem pretty smart.

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Oh, forget that. Soljer started that trend a while back just because he's anal like that.

Hey, spidey, how old are you? You seem pretty smart.

laughing laughing laughing

I've missed you so much, Smurph. wink.

panthergod
Than any herald?

No.

Most heralds, sure.

Every single solitary Herald of Galactus that I have seen is absolutely destroyed by Superman in Energy form when it comes to consistently applying energy manipulation powers in combat.

And no, it's not even close.

Why wouldn't it be

When Superman got energy manipulation powers, he proved to be FAR more tactically proficient than ANY Herald has proven to be.

therefore, when given energy manipulatying powers again, he, yet again, will use said energy manipulating tactics yet again.

And no, the PC is NOT a 'much bigger bag', Electro Supes has at least as versatile and powerful as any Herald this side of Surfer himself.

I'm sorry that Superman is simply better than those other characters at thier own game.

Sucks to be number one when everyone else is blinded by hatred and jealously.

whatever.

Either way, He's far out of Surfer's league in this matchup.

SpunkySmurph
laughing laughing laughing

I've missed you so much, Smurph. wink. Awww... me too.

Wait- this IS the heartfelt-tear-in-eye moment, and not the creepy-close-my-blinds moment, right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.