What was the point SPOILERS FOR JLA AND FLASH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yer
So in the new JLA and Flash we find out that

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Bart dies and because of the Legion's actions with the lightning rods Wally is back with his wife and twins. All of the cant help but make me ask what was the point? A year of story telling about a new Flash only to kill him and essentially return things to the status quo? The only real difference now is that Wally's twins are in their teens but there were many other ways that this could have taken place instead of removing Wally for a year. It seems like DC is really just writing stories for shock value now. I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks it was kind of pointless but I just wanted to get your guys opinion on it.

Grimm22
sad

I liked Bart. It makes me sad to see him die, but at least we have Wally back erm

WrathfulDwarf
I'll explain briefly...

Flashes never die...they go to the Speed Force313

yer
Are we sure thats still true? I mean it has been acting a little strange lately.

Symmetric Chaos
They're like Jedi shock

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by yer
So in the new JLA and Flash we find out that

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Bart dies and because of the Legion's actions with the lightning rods Wally is back with his wife and twins. All of the cant help but make me ask what was the point? A year of story telling about a new Flash only to kill him and essentially return things to the status quo? The only real difference now is that Wally's twins are in their teens but there were many other ways that this could have taken place instead of removing Wally for a year. It seems like DC is really just writing stories for shock value now. I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks it was kind of pointless but I just wanted to get your guys opinion on it.

Ok, I'm just gonna say it. Bart sucked. sad He was butchered as a character and they killed most of the story potential. Wally being back as the Flash is the best thing to happen to the character in awhile. Screw Bart, welcome back Wally West. big grin

Sym: leftright

Galan007
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
They're like Jedi shock Rejoice for those who have transformed into the speed force...

Mourn them, do not.... Miss them, do not. duryoda

jrodslam
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Ok, I'm just gonna say it. Bart sucked. sad He was butchered as a character and they killed most of the story potential. Wally being back as the Flash is the best thing to happen to the character in awhile. Screw Bart, welcome back Wally West. big grin

Sym: leftright

Well said. I agree 100%

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Galan007
Rejoice for those who have transformed into the speed force...

Mourn them, do not.... Miss them, do not. duryoda

laughing Wise, the wisdom of Yodur is. duryoda

Jebus reborn
Why is everyone using spoilers?
It says "spoilers" in the title...

If they don't want to get it ruined for them, they wouldn't come into the thread...

Redatom65
stfu Bran

Galan007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
laughing Wise, the wisdom of Yodur is. duryoda vin

Redatom65
who makes avitar's out of the picture from their sigs nowadays....

Galan007
Originally posted by Redatom65
who makes avitar's out of the picture from their sigs nowadays.... Me!? ninja

Redatom65
it lacks originality....ermm

Galan007
it lacks originality....ermm srug

I'm boring... sad

Validus
Originally posted by Grimm22
sad

I liked Bart. It makes me sad to see him die, but at least we have Wally back erm
I recall you being a huge Bart hater previously.

jasonk3

lookaround

Redatom65
Originally posted by jasonk3
lookaround

laughing

Hey Val, haven't seen you in a while

Redatom65
Originally posted by Galan007
srug

I'm boring... sad

your a superman fan like Avalon and myself. You Can't be boring!

Jebus reborn
Hey Red, good job turning the entire thread off topic...
I believe this buds for you...
STFU Emo

Also, how exactly does he die?

Redatom65
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Hey Red, good job turning the entire thread off topic...
I believe this buds for you...
STFU Emo

Also, how exactly does he die?

lol, I am good at that aren't I.

And I'm emo? To be Emo you have to have the pic from ur sig as your avatar...

Jebus reborn
lol, I am good at that aren't I.

And I'm emo? To be Emo you have to have the pic from ur sig as your avatar... I'd say pretty comparable to Judge, actually...

Ahh, but what if you have the same character, in the same suit as the one in your sig?

Redatom65
different picture, then it doesn't matter. Anyway to be on topic for once, I actually don't care much for either Bart nor Wally. I only like Barry and Jay....

NoFate007
Although I don't think they necessarily have to KILL Bart, I'm glad he's being replaced with Wally. Their idea of replacing a ton of heroes is just annoying. Vic didn't need to be replaced by Montoya. She was doing fine as a character beforehand. Ted obviously needed to be replaced since he was, you know, dead, lol. But we didn't need a new Aquaman, a new Atom, Firestorm, etc on top of all that. A few alterations are a nice change of pace but Wally's leaving had no substance to it. There wasn't a reason for it at all. They just went for a revamp for the hell of it.

Obviously, Bart can't cut it as the Flash yet cause he's still just a kid. I think it would've made more sense to have Wally come back and send Bart away to train, sort of, since thrusting him into the spotlight was too much weight for him to handle. That way we don't have Bart, we have Wally, but the Bart fans can look forward to him eventually having his own place - maybe as an adult Impulse?

CasanoVa
Gay.

Wally owns.

Bart rocks (as "Impulse" and "Kid Flash"wink

They over-stepped the mark and tried to make Bart step up and be the new Flash, was a horrible mistake, so they get rid of him.

Wonderful erm.

Martian_mind
Flash,superman,Wonder Woman,Batman,Green Lantern and Aquaman should all die.

Then other heroes stick out tongue will be able to shine.

Redatom65
and still get owned by Black Adam no expression

Martian_mind
and still get owned by Black Adam no expression

Or Mary Marvel.

Wally West
Go to hell Bart! Happy Dance

Bart was a good character who I thought was awesome as Impulse/Kid Flash, but aging him and forcing him onto people as the Flash when he wasn't ready and there was no need to get rid of Wally was a stupid mistake.

I guess Wally's kids will be the new Kid Flash/es, although I would have prefered it if they weren't aged either, little toddler speedsters would have been funny.

willRules

shifty embarrasment

Lucid Lui
Bah! Lucky Flash fans.

I wish they'd kill off the new Aquaman and bring back the real deal, but NOooOoOOoOOo. All we get is a solicitation saying that he'll be around in the DCU for a looong time.

Bastards.

/whine

Superherovandal
Who was that face inside the lightning rod in the end?

Validus
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Who was that face inside the lightning rod in the end?
The Legion was aiming for Barry Allen so thats probably the best guess.

manjaro
wow you guys comic acumen is really slipping.....am i the only who can read between the lines... brainy said "we got who we wanted" remember bart is from the 30th century it could be him they came forbig grin

Validus
Originally posted by manjaro
wow you guys comic acumen is really slipping.....am i the only who can read between the lines... brainy said "we got who we wanted" remember bart is from the 30th century it could be him they came forbig grin
That's a bit of a reach since Bart comes from a different 30th century than that Legion does but reaching seems to be the order of business at DC these days so I wouldn't doubt it.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Validus
The Legion was aiming for Barry Allen so thats probably the best guess.

WOO! clap

Blair Wind
I dont get it....all hints and implications from teen titans and older comics point as Bart being the Flash one day....like the best flash ever. Yet they kill him off? Why not just stop having him be emo? I dunno it bugs me for some reason. I like Wally, but the flash mantle has always been the only hero mantle thats REALLY been passed along the ages...the sidekick turning into the hero and so forth. Plus with the speedforce all in him, he could truely have been badass.....mad

Deathstroke
Even though the first story arc with Bart as the Flash wasn't good I thought the book was constantly improving.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.