Suggestions for some new stuff?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

forumcrew
Im lookin for suggestions on some new albums to check out. Im pretty open genre wise I can listen to about anything so suggest away!

Solo
of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?

Healing Artisan
not new, but a classic

Cannibal Ox- Cold Vein

chillmeistergen
Fujiya & Miyagi - Transparent Things. Quite hard to find, but well worth it.

pcp
Yoshimi Fights The Pink Robots by Flaming Lips

§P0oONY
Mer De Noms - A Perfect Circle.

Awesome album if you haven't already listened to it.

mr.smiley
Some tough city-Tony Carey

ESB -1138
Originally posted by forumcrew
Im lookin for suggestions on some new albums to check out. Im pretty open genre wise I can listen to about anything so suggest away!

Billy Joel!!

Selina*Starfire
Well anyone can guess what I'm going to suggest but as you said you're open to anything..... I'd suggest anything by My Chemical Romance. doped

no expression

Bardock42
Anything by Godspeed You Black Emperor.

Can't go wrong.

Except if your taste does.

ESB -1138
BILLY JOEL! YOU CANNOT GO WRONG!!

chillmeistergen
Yes, you can go wrong with Billy Joel. Cheesy shit, that doesn't sound out of place at a council house wedding.

ragesRemorse
Flamming lips---at war with the mystics. (nice departure from typical rock, and other pop bands)

Street dogs--fading american dream (nice irish rock album highlighting woes of the commen man, and never bashing america but appreciating what it should stand for)

Miles Davis--the complete birth of cool (if your even slightly interested in jazz...BUY IT NOW)

The pogues---waiting for herb (more irish rock, but calming feel good music)

Tsar--band girls money ( One of the best innovative rock bands to experiment with older influences in classic rock, while mixing it up a bit with some modern punk, Great classic rock feel)

Mahavishnu Orchestra---Birds of fire (one of the most under appreciated examples of brilliatn jazz orchestra's, not for everyone but if you like new sounds with a trippy acid jazz feel, its a definite)

Deathblow
Try the new Tomahawk album. It's certainly 'new stuff'. I'm not sure what to make of it yet.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Deathblow
Try the new Tomahawk album. It's certainly 'new stuff'. I'm not sure what to make of it yet.

It's amazing.

Try Ys by Joanna Newsom, or Illinois by Sufjan Stevens. Both must-haves.

el barto_1
Tuatha De Danann - Tingaralatingadun (simply awesome celtic prog. metal/rock)

Communic - Waves of Visual Decay

vanice
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Flamming lips---at war with the mystics. (nice departure from typical rock, and other pop bands)

Street dogs--fading american dream (nice irish rock album highlighting woes of the commen man, and never bashing america but appreciating what it should stand for)

Miles Davis--the complete birth of cool (if your even slightly interested in jazz...BUY IT NOW)

The pogues---waiting for herb (more irish rock, but calming feel good music)

Tsar--band girls money ( One of the best innovative rock bands to experiment with older influences in classic rock, while mixing it up a bit with some modern punk, Great classic rock feel)

Mahavishnu Orchestra---Birds of fire (one of the most under appreciated examples of brilliatn jazz orchestra's, not for everyone but if you like new sounds with a trippy acid jazz feel, its a definite)

Holy hell! I though I was the only one who liked Jazz on this forum.
Mahavishnu orchestra - Birds of fire is really good.
miles has done better records than Birth of the cool, I'd recommend E.S.P or something else from that period, Files de Kilimanjaro..
Everyone loves Kind of Blue.

stuwienl
New Yellowcard album: Paper Walls. Just check out their MySpace, you get three songs of their new album.

vivando-loca
Skillet

Bardock42
The Magnetic Fields seem pretty sweet. I got 69 Love Songs and it is excellent.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by stuwienl
New Yellowcard album: Paper Walls. Just check out their MySpace, you get three songs of their new album.

Eurgh.

Pezmerga
Rush's Newest album is great , actually that goes for any Rush Album.
If you haven't checked out some of the more obscure Pink FLoyd stuff, You should do so...not new but great stuff.
The Arcade Fire is pretty good, Funeral is better than Neon Bible , but both are good.
Also Check Out Porcupine Tree's Fear of a Blank Planet if you have'nt already.

stuwienl
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Eurgh.

FtW? What's wrong?

Bardock42
FTW?

Jim Reaper
Clutch: Blast Tyrant
AFI: Answer That and Stay Fashionable
Kittie: Spit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.