leonidas(300) vs achilles(troy)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
i dont know if this has been done before, but im interested in what people have to say.

Redatom65
achilles according to legend only had one weakness....He'd probably kill Leonidas, who really was just an above average spartan from the days when sparta was near it's prime...

Soljer
Wrong forum. Also, movie achilles was VERY mortal.

jasonk3
Originally posted by Redatom65
achilles according to legend only had one weakness....He'd probably kill Leonidas, who really was just an above average spartan from the days when sparta was near it's prime...

quanchi112
i say leonidas for the win.

Avalonofthewind
Leonidas would give him a great fight...but Achilles would be the victor at the end considering that he only had one real weakness that Leo wouldnot know about.

The Fake Macoy
We can't really judge this. How many times did Leonidas fight someone 1 on 1 in 300? It's hard to accurately tell how good he is 1 on 1 compared to when he's with his squad.

Soljer

Troy Achilles was NOT invulnerable. Mythic Achilles was.

Troy Achilles was supposed to be a more realistic take on the character - he was entirely human. A bad ass human, but human nonetheless.

Redatom65
What part "according to legend" is so hard to understand? I'm referring to Achilles according to myth. yeesh

Soljer
Originally posted by Redatom65
What part "according to legend" is so hard to understand? I'm referring to Achilles according to myth. yeesh

I was talking to Avy, and I suppose anyone else reading - just as clarification.

The poster referred to the Achilles from Troy, not from myth. Hence, much much more than his heel is vulnerable to attack.

Caps Conscience
Achilles had that ill jump stab move so he wins.

bobbi
Wasn't Achille's mother still a nymph or something in the movie though? (been a while so i may be wrong) And he still had to get shot in the heel before he got hurt. Of course they didn't really emphasis any of this in the movie so can't exactly say how true they were to the myth on that point. In the Iliad though we never did see arrows actually bouncing off Achille's in a magical way either though. It seemed more like fate made it so he wouldn't get hit except in his heel rather than an actual magical barrier protecting him.

Still seems to me though that it would take a heel hit to take him down barring any severe hits. (I'm guessing like action hero type surviving 5 arrows 6 bullets and 4 stab wounds and still fighting). So i'd still put my money on Achilles. but I can be convinced otherwise.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by bobbi
Wasn't Achille's mother still a nymph or something in the movie though? (been a while so i may be wrong)

That's not what made him invulnerable. Being dipped in the Styx did that.

In the Iliad though we never did see arrows actually bouncing off Achille's in a magical way either though. It seemed more like fate made it so he wouldn't get hit except in his heel rather than an actual magical barrier protecting him.

I figured that the awsome shield, armor and tendency to scare the hell out of people was sufficient protection.

Soljer
It's been a while since I've seen Troy, but if I recall correctly, Pitt directly SAYS "I'm not invulnerable" on at least one occasion.

They tried to make it 'realistic' and 'explain' how Achilles got the reputation he did because he was shot SEVERAL times, but was found only with an arrow in his ankle.

Basically, what the movie was insinuating was the following;

1) Achilles was a BAD ASS warrior. The best. Ever.
2) Everyone knew Achilles was said bad ass.
3) To explain the sheer bad ass-itude of Achilles, rumors of his invulnerability began to spread.
4) When he was found to be DEFINITELY vulnerable (read: dead) they explained it away with his 'Achilles Heel.'
5) Thus, the legend we know today.

big grin.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Pretty boy Brad Pitt gets beat up by Angelina first then gets ass kicked by Gerard Butler.

The Pict
Achilles was a lot more skilled than Leonidas IMO.

bobbi
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
That's not what made him invulnerable. Being dipped in the Styx did that.

yeah i know. i should have quoted. I was responding to the guy who said he was completely human in the film. just saying he wasn't.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by The Pict
Achilles was a lot more skilled than Leonidas IMO.

That doesn't mean Leonidas loses.

Soljer
yeah i know. i should have quoted. I was responding to the guy who said he was completely human in the film. just saying he wasn't.

Gah; I meant as far as his 'invulnerability' was concerned. He could be killed just like any other human.

bobbi
oops my bad

Rick/Genis
I'd say they'd probably just have sex with one another....

Rick/Genis

Rick/Genis

Rick/Genis

Rick/Genis
Holy Crap! Quadroople Post!?!?! Sorry guys... internet was being funky...

Hercules
Based on showings, closest Achilles came to taking a hit in actual combat was when he got his armour scratched by hector who was also an awesomely skilled warrior.

You can see from Achilles face that he was shocked that Hector had been able to do that to him as no one else had ever come close.

Thats why he told his father that Hector was the best he had ever fought.

If you notice in Troy every other warrior has scars, Achilles does not, cause he is that good he is virtually untouchable, Leonida in 300 also wore trhe scars of battle but was a great warrior in his own right.

Based on this and their showings in their respective films I would say that the fight would go a lot like the Hector Achilles fight with Achilles being the victor.

Mythical Achilles would have destroyed Leonidas but then Mythical Achilles had Mythical Hector running for his life round the walls of Troy so meh.

Supreme being
Originally posted by Hercules
Based on showings, closest Achilles came to taking a hit in actual combat was when he got his armour scratched by hector who was also an awesomely skilled warrior.

You can see from Achilles face that he was shocked that Hector had been able to do that to him as no one else had ever come close.

If you notice in Troy every other warrior has scars, Achilles does not, cause he is that good he is virtually untouchable, Leonida in 300 also wore trhe scars of battle but was a great warrior in his own right.

Based on this and their showings in their respective films I would say that the fight would go a lot like the Hector Achilles fight with Achilles being the victor.

Mythical Achilles would have destroyed Leonidas but then Mythical Achilles had Mythical Hector running for his life round the walls of Troy so meh.

I like this man, totally agree with everything he said. thumb up

Rick/Genis

I disagree. If Movie Leonidas got ONE HIT (that's one something he does quite a bit with GREAT skills... and lets face it, Leonidas would mop the floor with Hector) on Movie Achilles, it would make him go into Shock (alla the Arrow that hit him in the heel). Achilles Detriment here IS his aversion to ever having dealt with Pain. He doesn't know pain... so when harmed... uh oh.

Seriously, in D & D Terms this guy has a constitution of like 2.5

Hercules
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
I disagree. If Movie Leonidas got ONE HIT (that's one something he does quite a bit with GREAT skills... and lets face it, Leonidas would mop the floor with Hector) on Movie Achilles, it would make him go into Shock (alla the Arrow that hit him in the heel). Achilles Detriment here IS his aversion to ever having dealt with Pain. He doesn't know pain... so when harmed... uh oh.

Seriously, in D & D Terms this guy has a constitution of like 2.5

My point is he won't get one hit, he dealt with pain pretty well when he was still coming forward with an arrow through his heel and the took a couple to the chest, pulled them out and still managed to speak before he died.

What are you basing on Leonidas being over Hector skill wise on? Hector fought his way through his fair share of troops and beat Ajax in combat which is no mean feat.

Also bear in mind that Achilles is wearing Armour and Leonidas is not, so his hit may not penetrate, Achilles always goes for the one hit kill and on an unarmoured opponent, with his speed and skill, one hit from Achiles and Leonidas most probably dies.

Rick/Genis
My point is he won't get one hit, he dealt with pain pretty well when he was still coming forward with an arrow through his heel and the took a couple to the chest, pulled them out and still managed to speak before he died.

What are you basing on Leonidas being over Hector skill wise on? Hector fought his way through his fair share of troops and beat Ajax in combat which is no mean feat.

Also bear in mind that Achilles is wearing Armour and Leonidas is not, so his hit may not penetrate, Achilles always goes for the one hit kill and on an unarmoured opponent, with his speed and skill, one hit from Achiles and Leonidas most probably dies. I'm fairly certain the Vast Armies of the Persian Empire are a bit more than the not so vast 1 army lead by Ajax.

Not to mention... didn't you see Leonidas time slowing skills? stick out tongue

Hercules
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
I'm fairly certain the Vast Armies of the Persian Empire are a bit more than the not so vast 1 army lead by Ajax.

Not to mention... didn't you see Leonidas time slowing skills? stick out tongue

Yes the Persian Army was bigger but apart from the immortals they were beyond crap skill wise.

Ajax was a beast in Troy! the mythical Ajax even more so (he fought Hector to a stand still in the illiad)

But if your bringing bullet time into this then that may just nullify Achilles speed! stick out tongue

Rick/Genis
EXXXXXXXXXACTLY. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.