Superman vs Thor: Skill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
Who's more skilled?

Let's see examples people!!

Scoobless
More skilled at what? Superman is a pretty good writer ... but Thor is an accomplished surgeon.

Newjak
I think he means in a fight Scoobs

I also hear though that Thor is also a very good poet and actor stick out tongue

And that Superman is a very good dancer and singer stick out tongue

Soljer
By all means, Thor SHOULD be the more skilled of the two.

But as far as how they are often portrayed in the comics, they're probably about equal.

That is, martially speaking.

If we mean in mundane tasks, I'd say Superman's got it done.

Super-weaving for the win!

UniOmni
Who's the more skilled combatant?

Not powers, just hth prowess.

BobbyD
Originally posted by UniOmni
Who's more skilled?

Let's see examples people!!

Interesting, though vague question.

The only way to truly judge is H2H skills, since this is common subset they truly only possess other than brute strength.

Hmmm, taking a stab here. I'll call Thor the more skilled fighter, though this by no means he's more likely to knock you out faster than Supes, since Supes has a speed advantage.

I will say that I wish Clark possessed more of Thor's willingness to get into a scrum rather than trying to be a boy scout all the time.

llagrok
Thor is better with weapons and in hand to hand.

Superman is better at the whole super-hero business. He's also a master of deception 131

Rewmac
I wait till some people come with hundreds of years and agardian training. Then I come with beating Wonder Woman who is more skilled than Thor ever be. I think with their powerset they are about equally skilled. But they use their strenght on different panels.

llagrok
Originally posted by Rewmac
I wait till some people come with hundreds of years and agardian training. Then I come with beating Wonder Woman who is more skilled than Thor ever be. I think with their powerset they are about equally skilled. But they use their strenght on different panels.

Wonder Woman is more skilled ,how?

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
Wonder Woman is more skilled ,how? i never heard of wonder woman being more skilled than thor either, explain.

carver9
I think that thor is more skilled in h2h since lex luthor did almost stalemate a non powered superman in a fist fight and almost won.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by carver9
I think that thor is more skilled in h2h since lex luthor did almost stalemate a non powered superman in a fist fight and almost won.
haha really? i want to see that... rolling on floor laughing
thor is my pick btw.

xmarksthespot
Superman is supposed to have a thousand years fighting in Asgard too iirc...

Mindship
I would like to see some scans of Thor displaying sophisticated h2h skills. I've yet to see him do more than basically pummel with his fists.

Superman isn't much better, though I can think of an instance here and there (I'm recalling some kind of arm block against Powergirl, I think, in one of the Superman/Batman mags) where you see him doing something that looks like a Batman move.

Neither struck me as much more than pummelers in the JLA/Avengers cross-over.

Going by profile alone, however, I would give this to Thor.

llagrok
In the Thor miniseries where he's a teenager, we get to see some decent skill feats.

starlock
Thor for the advantage of skill

shksprtx
Thor could drink Supes under the table. beer

Rewmac
Wonder Woman is more skilled ,how? Originally posted by quanchi112
i never heard of wonder woman being more skilled than thor either, explain. Amazon training...Read up on her...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Superman has some Ninja warrior type training and fighting with WW and Thor for a thousand years has got to count for something. Thor should be the more skilled, but he usually behaves much like orion in fights. Forgetting all that skill and charging in like an idiot.

shksprtx
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Thor should be the more skilled, but he usually behaves much like orion in fights. Forgetting all that skill and charging in like an idiot.

Typical of the way most Vikings would charge into battle. Plus, Thor is not actually the Asgardian war god, so he's probably not the most skilled of the Asgardians...

llagrok
Amazon training...Read up on her...

I know she has Amazon training, but she's not above Thor simply because of that. Thor is mentioned to be the strongest and most skilled of all the Asgardians. This was when he was a kid.

Skill is more than fancy moves and flips you know. People who box have skill, even though it looks incredibly boring. Thor has skill, perhaps not martial arts skill but skill nonetheless.

He also has more battle experience than most super heroes.

Rewmac
I know she has Amazon training, but she's not above Thor simply because of that. Thor is mentioned to be the strongest and most skilled of all the Asgardians. This was when he was a kid.

Skill is more than fancy moves and flips you know. People who box have skill, even though it looks incredibly boring. Thor has skill, perhaps not martial arts skill but skill nonetheless.

He also has more battle experience than most super heroes. I don't agree. Thor maybe has skills, but he is far from being skilled more than Wonder Woman. If we are talking about skills you mean by using powersets or using overall abilities with the non superior abilities too?

Anyways Wonder Woman easily more skilled in a battle and even in technology than Thor.

nvrbeenwthagirl

He also has more battle experience than most super heroes.

As far as skill goes, WW is probably the most skilled fighter in all of comics besides Orion and Gamora. WW actually shows her skill in combat and in thought as she fights. Thor has his hammer which makes things kinda easy for him and he really doesn't have to really on skill so much when he has it. Wonder is a better tactician as well. She knows Sorcery and technology. She is simply beyong Thor in Skill in most every way.

llagrok
I don't agree. Thor maybe has skills, but he is far from being skilled more than Wonder Woman. If we are talking about skills you mean by using powersets or using overall abilities with the non superior abilities too?

Anyways Wonder Woman easily more skilled in a battle and even in technology than Thor.

Thor fought for many years without his hammer and before he got the hammer, he was mentioned to be one of the most skilled. Not more skilled than Odin of course.

Thor has never had the need to display skill without his powers, if he had to then he definitely could.

Rewmac
Thor fought for many years without his hammer and before he got the hammer, he was mentioned to be one of the most skilled. Not more skilled than Odin of course.

Thor has never had the need to display skill without his powers, if he had to then he definitely could. See? That's what. He never displayed any of those superior skills he was just powerhouse set. WW on the otherhand demonstrated her skills enough for me to say she is more skilled than Thor. Thor was only mentioned skilled, Wonder Woman was showed skilled in the comics.

llagrok
How do you display hand to hand skill with a hammer?

Thor showed tons of skill in the "son of asgard" miniseries.

Joey Stacks
The point is Thor has one mini series where he shows skill, Wonder Woman has her whole career.

Rewmac
Originally posted by Joey Stacks
The point is Thor has one mini series where he shows skill, Wonder Woman has her whole career. Exactly.

UniOmni
WW is likely the most skilled top tier, outside of Orion or midtier Gamora.

And she's easily more skilled than Thor.

llagrok
She might have more martial arts skilled

However, I still think that Thor is more skilled when it comes to his use of powers and weapons.

nvrbeenwthagirl
She might have more martial arts skilled

However, I still think that Thor is more skilled when it comes to his use of powers and weapons.

Of course he is more skilled with use of HIS powers and Weapons. They are his. I don't think he would be any good at all with any of WW's weapons. he'd be a blundering oaf. Where as anyone worthy can pick up thor's hammer and use it pretty good.

llagrok
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Of course he is more skilled with use of HIS powers and Weapons. They are his. I don't think he would be any good at all with any of WW's weapons. he'd be a blundering oaf. Where as anyone worthy can pick up thor's hammer and use it pretty good.

I didn't make myself clear.

Thor is more skilled at the use of his powers than Wonder Woman is at the use of hers.

Validus

Thor is more skilled at the use of his powers than Wonder Woman is at the use of hers.
Not really sure how you can say that. WW doesn't have many powers but she uses the few that she has well. Thor has a ton of powers but rarely uses them at all. He's near Green Lantern levels of stupidity.

Rewmac

Thor is more skilled at the use of his powers than Wonder Woman is at the use of hers. I've never seen Thor actually use his powers at professional levels. WW on the other hand has proven that she uses all of her given powers and her weaponry well. Not just well but she uses them overall skilled. She isn't comparable to Thor in skills.

llagrok
Originally posted by Validus
Not really sure how you can say that. WW doesn't have many powers but she uses the few that she has well. Thor has a ton of powers but rarely uses them at all.

Ton of powers? That's overdoing it.

Nor does WW only have a FEW. She's got healing, she can talk to animals or something, a shitload of magical weapons. Thor only has one 131

Rewmac

Nor does WW only have a FEW. She's got healing, she can talk to animals or something, a shitload of magical weapons. Thor only has one 131 Shit load? Thor only has one...I don't see the meaning in your logic. Thor only has to uses weapon and he isn't overall that expert with it Wonder Woman on the other hand has got more weapons and she uses them perfectly.

Validus

Nor does WW only have a FEW. She's got healing, she can talk to animals or something, a shitload of magical weapons. Thor only has one 131
It's not overdoing it. Between his natural ability and Mjolnir, Thor has almost every useful ability in the superhero handbook. All WW has on average is the standard flying brick powerset and her lasso which she uses all the time.

llagrok
Shit load? Thor only has one...I don't see the meaning in your logic. Thor only has to uses weapon and he isn't overall that expert with it Wonder Woman on the other hand has got more weapons and she uses them perfectly.

I mentioned the amount of weapons and powers she had, because you tried to make it seem like she hardly had any at all.

How do you know that Thor isn't great at using his hammer? Get some scans where Wonder Woman uses her weapons so amazingly and one where Thor uses his hammer in a really horrible fashion. I think he's using it perfectly.

How do you reckon one is supposed to use a hammer? To actually smash things, or dance around in a fancy manner?

But yeah, when it gets down to it. Wonder Woman is probably more skilled than him at using her weapons as well, based on the feats we have.

Kid Kurdy
I thought this was about Thor and Superman ?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Validus
It's not overdoing it. Between his natural ability and Mjolnir, Thor has almost every useful ability in the superhero handbook. All WW has on average is the standard flying brick powerset and her lasso which she uses all the time.

WW us also very skilled in magic. She can heal herself instantly from the gravest of wounds if she so chooses. She can also commune with the animals and get them to do her bidding. Her prayers are the biggest plot device I have seen. She prays and is able to become as crazy as the joker, she prays again and gets the Godwave. She can also use the Disk of lanishiar pretty well. And it's always with her.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
I thought this was about Thor and Superman ?
we are sick of Thor and Superman Debates.

Rewmac
I mentioned the amount of weapons and powers she had, because you tried to make it seem like she hardly had any at all.

How do you know that Thor isn't great at using his hammer? Get some scans where Wonder Woman uses her weapons so amazingly and one where Thor uses his hammer in a really horrible fashion. I think he's using it perfectly.

How do you reckon one is supposed to use a hammer? To actually smash things, or dance around in a fancy manner?

But yeah, when it gets down to it. Wonder Woman is probably more skilled than him at using her weapons as well, based on the feats we have. He is wrecker, where Wonder Woman using lasso and band together...As well as having awesome fighting skills.

strengthkills
I don't agree. Thor maybe has skills, but he is far from being skilled more than Wonder Woman. If we are talking about skills you mean by using powersets or using overall abilities with the non superior abilities too?

Anyways Wonder Woman easily more skilled in a battle and even in technology than Thor. i dont know would u say thor is equal to ares in skill

llagrok
He is wrecker, where Wonder Woman using lasso and band together...As well as having awesome fighting skills.

Yeah, I realized I was going fanboy on ya'll.

Thor's not that inventive, he is good at the berserker fighting style though.

His Airness
I've never seen Thor actually use his powers at professional levels. WW on the other hand has proven that she uses all of her given powers and her weaponry well. Not just well but she uses them overall skilled. She isn't comparable to Thor in skills.

Are you serious? or what do you mean by professional lv's?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.