Okay, how's this, if you were the writer of Black Panther now...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Frostbite883
what would you do to have the current series a spectacular success
and likeable for both old and new comic book fans alike?

DigiMark007
Team him with Wolverine.

no expression

Creshosk
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Team him with Wolverine.

no expression Create a new team to put him on.

Wolverine, Spiderman, Captain America, The hulk and see about aquiring licencing rights from DC to include Batman and Superman.

You know just grab a bunch of icons and put them on a team together disregarding the power levels.

Darth Macabre
Make a new country, just as advanced as Wakanda (yet not as good in the moral spectrum), and have the Black Panther fight their leader. no expression

Creshosk
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Make a new country, just as advanced as Wakanda (yet not as good in the moral spectrum), and have the Black Panther fight their leader. no expression wow, that'll be tough, vote for wakanda because its the lesser of two evils.. then again with holding life from a cosmic level good guy is pretty damned evil in and of itself.

Disappear
- have klaw kill klaw II
- have radioactive man kill radioactive man II
- make the dora milaje who gave peter parker corn rows skrulls, kill them
- civil unrest in wakanda leads to the divorce of storm and t'challa
- rearrange the u.s. military's fictional chain of command, get them away from wakanda

more to come

Symmetric Chaos
Make him Asian
Play upon the irony of that
Have him work with Doom again
Upgrade the tech in his suit slightly

Endless Mike
Have Surfer come back and kick his ass, and retcon the whole armbar incident

Rick/Genis
Just have him be standing there.... Then all of a sudden a surfboard comes and smashes him in the back of the head.... BAM... end of Arc.

roughrider
Having him marry Storm was just too obvious.
I would've had him marry Sheena! That would turn some heads.
Could he have stayed the ruler of Wakanda, if he married a non-black? I wonder; Wakandans barely tolerate other African countries.

Soljer
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Make a new country, just as advanced as Wakanda (yet not as good in the moral spectrum), and have the Black Panther fight their leader. no expression

Not as good? You mean, they do terrible things like invent cures and actually distribute them to the populace?

BASTARDS! GUT 'EM!!!

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Soljer
Not as good? You mean, they do terrible things like invent cures and actually distribute them to the populace?

BASTARDS! GUT 'EM!!! Exactly...which leads to over population, which is the greatest evil. no expression

ScarletSpider
I'd do my best to get it back to the quality of Priest's run. I for one loved it, and think his characters were intelligent and fun to read about.

So to return Panther to his glory, I'd give some explanation as to why the dora milajae are so different than last we saw them, say they're from different tribes with different customs, hence the baldness and stupid tattoos and stuff. Have the originals return.

And I'd like to see a big story with the return of the Hatut Zeraze, Hunter, T'Challa's adopted brother and the crazy militant band he leads.

I'd basically try to reconcile Hudlin's run with what came before in any way I could and just try to forge ahead with stories maybe more in the old vein.

llagrok
1. Have the Silver Surfer beat him
2. Retcon his heterosexuality
3. Have Wolverine beat him
4. End the series

SpunkySmurph
Make him a Skrull. none180

Darth Vicious
I would turn him against black people, make him a racist against his own people. Write him as if he was white. Just to piss Hudlin!

Jebus reborn
I would make him absorb the black energy from every "black person" on the planet, and make him strong enough after getting this power, to take out a Celestial.

I'll go sit in the corner now...

jinzin
Originally posted by Frostbite883
what would you do to have the current series a spectacular success
and likeable for both old and new comic book fans alike?

I would do something along the lines of:

The U.S. vs. Wakanda.

Black Panther helped the anti-registration party in their fight against the government... I think that sending a bunch of Government owned superheroes to take down Wakanda would be the next logical step to getting those heroes in the first place.

The registration act showed a little to no tolerance policy with it's heroes.. Goliath's death, Jack Flag's paralysis, etc etc.. I think this would be a great way to demonstrate just WHY the registration act is so wrong...
The U.S. knows that they can't beat Wakanda based on technological advances alone, so they send in multitudes of Supers to take down what they're army can't... They would invade Wakanda without the assistance or condonment from other nations.
The heroes that weren't comfortable attacking this lone nation would get letters or contacts from goverment spooks who would use the information from the registration as leverage (family, friends, employment, the possibility of jail time).

Wakanda would be in a total defensive position... even with advance tech they would be in some serious trouble until....

dun dun dun

Doom's intervention.
Latveria would be the next logical target by way of the new superhero army/ goverment agenda.
He would recognize the fact that it is only a matter of time before he would be made a target next. It's a chance he's not willing to take.
Black Panther and Himself join in an uneasy alliance. It would then be revealed that the villains/types of villains that Doom was giving funds/repairs to during the secret war storyline were still out in abundance... Doom would use them/ tell them that if they wanted to continue to have his help that they would have to make a large nationwide effort in attacking the U.S. from within. With the number of heroes in the U.S. severly weakened the Gov. Heroes would have to pull back buying time for Wakanda and Latveria.

Along the way it would be revealed that the hand and hydra are also under Doom's leadership in yet another bid for self preservation... Doom would use the Hand to Capture Captain America's body and restore his essense the way that they have done for so many in the past. Cap brainwashed would be used as the new living weapon against the registered heroes.
A cap-lead villain force would now stand up to the government heroes.. cap would kick a lot of hero ass and eventually the shocked Black Panther would obviously at some point confront Cap and take him down.

The epiphany of the story is of course that the lines between good and evil have been grey for too long, too long forgotten and ignored when there is still the black and whites of good and evil in a super powered community.

The heroes from the registration would be as devistated by Cap being turned evil as cap was by citizens turning against him, and between that and "the war at home" they would slowly start to fight back against the government out of that epiphany... This of course would be a horrible effort given the government's info on the heroes but fortunatley for the goverment things are not that simple...

The return of Nick Fury, and Captain America (hero now), along side Black Panther would mark the beginning of "a better tommorrow".

okay I'm way too ahead of myself.. I'm done.. sorry that sucked guys.. sad

xmarksthespot
Registration in and of itself wasn't necessarily "wrong," at least up to the point where people weren't registered purely for having powers...

I'd make him armbar the Silver Surfer again!

jinzin
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Registration in and of itself wasn't necessarily "wrong," at least up to the point where people weren't registered purely for having powers...
Point taken.. I mean I can see why Tony thought it was a good idea.. but it's a system that's too easily curruptable to be made subserviant to a localized government. Government is ALL about agenda.. and having a Superhero military power is a major problem especially when you have people like graydon creed, and (damn forgot his name from the x-men) running around for office.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.