Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nickey
That movie was totally cool! I mean the special effects were crazy(after Harry Potter of course). Did any of you guys see that movie? If you didn't, you have to or you'll be sorry that you didn't see the hottest movie of the year(after Harry Potter of course)! laughing

exanda kane
Yay. I am particuarly glad all the decent films don't get the title of "Hottest film of the year" happy

WrathfulDwarf
None! Zip! Zero! Uh-uh!

dave_kodak
i have not seen any of those

Nickey
You guys need to go to the movies

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Nickey
That movie was totally cool! I mean the special effects were crazy(after Harry Potter of course). Did any of you guys see that movie? If you didn't, you have to or you'll be sorry that you didn't see the hottest movie of the year(after Harry Potter of course)! laughing

the special effects actually were not that impressive in fantastic four.

exanda kane
You guys need to go to the movies

Or maybe we just try and see different kinds of movies?

Aizen
FF4 was bad, better then first part bad still bad, the only thing that makes this movie watchable is Dr.Doom and SilverSurfer!

Strangelove
Of the three that have been released so far, PotC was the best

Koukla Mou
Typical comics based movie,where the focus on special effects is gradually mixed with humour and emotional inappropriate lines,which deviate finally from the main track...not that there is a complex story track anyway...

Fortunately the humour saves everything in such cases,making you realise you dont waste your time for nothing much really;

As for the impression you get in the end...nothing close to the so called 'fever reaction',when you recollect the best scenes or the most memorable ones which had the major impact on you and discuss them passionately there after...

It goes into the list of the movies,whose mere purpose is only to kill the boredom and make you watch it once as to get yourself a proper idea...

Taking a general look,wished there weren't such cliches as 'planet is in danger','world's destiny depends on...<4 chaps in this case>',not mentioning already the fact that the villain gets a revelation and puff! he is all of a sudden very conscious of what he was doing all this time and wants to change everything in the last minute...ta da! *time for applauses btw*...but lets not forget that right before that Silver Surfer brought back to life Sue Storm...smth so frigging expected,that there is no wonders there already duh...and of course who would give a damn on the Silver good looking chap in the end anyway heh

What concerns the return of our beloved *sexy too* ex-villain Victor Von Doom,his role was used only to make the story somewhat spicy,which must admit,didnt reach its effect anyhow...
stick out tongue

forumcrew
im not going to answer the poll because it says "DESERVES" Im not sure how to say a movie deserves to be #1 other than it being the best movie that is out and I dont think any of these qualify.

Count Makashi
Is it the same crap, that the 1 part was?

dave_kodak
You guys need to go to the movies i dont go to movies Because.

I would rather rent them, This way i have to deal with less people, spend less money, and i dont mind waiting a few months to see a film, if its really worth seeing to me, then i shouldnt be a problem, everyonce in a while a film comes out i think i want to see, then it comes out on dvd and i no longer want to see it.

MildPossession
This sequel just looks awful. Did not think much of the first movie.

Scythe
I saw it. It kept loyal to the comic book cheesy aura. I enjoyed, well worth the five bucks I paid to see it. They kept everything original which is rare. Not much was changed dramatically.

Member.
romantic scenes between jessica alba and ioan gruffudd were awkward <.< but jessica alba's hotness outweighs nething bad in the movie.

imo, they made silver surfer too weak. but i guess that's just for movies.

Supreme being
Originally posted by Member.
romantic scenes between jessica alba and ioan gruffudd were awkward <.< but jessica alba's hotness outweighs nething bad in the movie.

Alba looked freaky in the movie i think its safe to say blonde isnt her colour.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Supreme being

Freaky hot!

Barker
Originally posted by Supreme being
Are you.. uh.. gay?

Inspectah Deck
That movie was totally cool! laughing

hell no, the movie only had one fight scene

InnerRise
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
hell no, the movie only had one fight scene Oh my god are you serious?

It seems they made the same mistake they made with the first one.

I mean the first one was slow and it was an introduction, now that that's all out of the way, they should have really gotten to the good actiony stuff.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Member.
jessica alba jessica alba jessica alba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=Tired Hiker=
I totally dug it. I thought the Silver Surfer was effing awesome. Two thumbs up!

Ultimate Hulk43
Haven't seen the movie but I'll definitely buy the DVD.

Barker
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I totally dug it. I thought the Silver Surfer was effing awesome. Two thumbs up!
Agreed. thumb up

Supreme being
Originally posted by Barker
Are you.. uh.. gay?

wink Would you be uncomfortable if i was?

Mr Parker
Havent seen it yet but I do plan on it.Have heard its much better than the first one.I hope so.the first one sucked.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Havent seen it yet but I do plan on it.Have heard its much better than the first one.I hope so.the first one sucked.

Long time no see, Mr. Parker. Did you like Man-Spider 3? smile

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I liked FF2. The Surfer was great. Jessica Alba, YUM YUM. Can't wait until FF3 and the Silver Surfer movie.

Mr Parker
havent seen it yet.gonna do what I did with the first two MAN-SPIDER movies.wait till they come out on cable.btw,love your sig,I had no idea you were such a huge spidey fan as well. Happy Dance you'll have to pass it on to me after you get tired of it.

keleigigi
first one was better i reckon this one not so interesting but did have some kool parts

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Barker
Agreed. thumb up

agreed as well.Well I finally saw it.I got to say this is the first comicbook movie i can EVER recall where the first film was crap but the second one was a hundred times better.great film,have seen it twice now.Probably will see it a third time next weekend as well.I think you can see by the praise I am giving this movie,that i feel this movie was definetely MUCH better than most comicbook movies are.Once you get past the horrible casting choice of Jessica Alba as Sue Storm-which I did from the first film,if you look past that,its a great movie.100 times better than the first one.That one was crap.the person who said this movie didnt have great special effects is off their rocker.They were amazing.as far as the title of this thread goes,I agree with Nickey,except for Harry Potter,this is the best movie of the year I have seen so far. Happy Dance

super pr*xy
i saw this movie just to see the silver surfer. however, the rest of the movie was disappointing. although it did have its entertaining moments, most of it was dull. not enough action scenes. maybe michael bay needs to direct the next one. lol.

plus a space cloud starring as galactus? wtf? why was the surfer making all those holes for if galactus was ony a cloud? i say we were all ribbed of galactus...

Ultimate Hulk43
Uh, no. I think that a 300 ft tall humanoid in a purple skintight outfit wouldn't look very good on film. I liked the fact that he was a cosmic cloud. Overall, I loved everything about the movie, even Doom's role. I'd say that between this move & Spider-Man 3, I enjoyed this movie more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.