Recommend Me Horror

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solo
Now, I've seen most of the obvious, classic horror films. I'm just looking to get into a lot of the more obscure stuff. Firstly, are there any Carpenter, Craven, etc. films that I may have ignored that are worthy of my attention? Just recommend away, anything other than the obvious. No snuff films please, schlock and B-films are fine too.

I already know I need to see Sleepaway Camp, so...

PGW
Try seeing John Carpenters Ghosts of Mars. I saw it a while ago but I thought it was pretty watchable.

ragesRemorse
in the mouth of madness, prince of darkness, the thing are the crown jewls of carpenter cinema. Any self respecting carpenter fan ha also seen his showcase of golden cheese that is big trouble in little china too.

As for craven....nightmare and scream are his only noteworthy accomplishments to me

mr.smiley
The Audition is pretty cool.

Deano
let sleeping corpses lie

one of the most underated zombie films. its excellent in my opinion

wes cravens ' serpant and the rainbow' is a good horror film with lots of atmosphere.

also you could check out:

dead and buried (great horror film)
near dark (probably my fav vampire movie)
house( good horror comedy)
night of the demons( classic)
stagefright ( very well made italian horror film with lots of gore)
maniac

willman
The ring maybe?

NormaBates
A blade in the dark by Lamberto Bava! this is obscure and it has the most violent and realistic bathroomscene!

steverules
Hills have eyes remake and the original..remake is better though

NormaBates
Originally posted by steverules
Hills have eyes remake and the original..remake is better though

A lot better i might add...

Evil Dead
Originally posted by willman
The ring maybe?

I hope that was a joke.........

underrated movies you may not have seen.........hmmm.....

Re-Animator
Suspiria
Henry : Portrait of a Serial Killer
The Changeling
In the Mouth of Madness
Last House on the Left
Martin
The Ugly

I'm assuming you have seen all the pop-culture flicks like ANOES, Hellraiser, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Evil Dead, etc...........and all the classics like The Omen, Amityville Horror, The Shining, Carrie, Night of the Living/Dawn/Day of the Dead etc. etc.

steverules
What is last house on the left about?

G-Mafia
Pieces, House by the Cemetary, the Italian flick Demons, etc.

zombieman
To fly the flag for British horror: 28 Days Later and Dog Soldiers

steverules
Loved Dog Soldiers! It was so funny and gory! laughing out loud

2D_MASTER
Ever seen Phantasm or Re-Animator?

NormaBates
The prowler aka Rosemary's Killer
Maniac
The house on sorority row.

Solo
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Ever seen Phantasm or Re-Animator?
Sadly I haven't seen Re-Animator, but I love Phantasm.
Originally posted by Evil Dead
I'm assuming you have seen all the pop-culture flicks like ANOES, Hellraiser, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Evil Dead, etc...........and all the classics like The Omen, Amityville Horror, The Shining, Carrie, Night of the Living/Dawn/Day of the Dead etc. etc.
yeah

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Evil Dead
underrated movies you may not have seen.........hmmm.....

Re-Animator
Suspiria
Henry : Portrait of a Serial Killer
The Changeling
In the Mouth of Madness
Last House on the Left
Martin
The Ugly

add evil dead in there and you have horror 101. there isnt much more to suggest to that list to get introduced to the slimy grasp of horror, but here are a couple of my little diamonds in the rough, to add to your extra credit

Angel heart
Shallow ground
Thriller a cruel picture--not horror, but will educate you in gore
crazy lips
hellraiser II
amityville horror 2
american werewolf in london
session9

Deano
solo, what type of horror film do you like

Solo
i really like slasher films, but ill go for anything.

Impediment
Ever give a thought to films like Prom Night, Slumber Party Massacre and Night of the Demons? Cheesy as they are, they make for a good watch.

Solo
i plan on watching 3/4 if not all of these movies recommended so if you say i should wach it i will

Deano
then watch

maniac
near dark
dead and buried
let sleeping corpses lie
demons

all classics

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Deano
then watch

maniac
near dark
dead and buried
let sleeping corpses lie
demons

all classics

Maniac , for sure.

doomsday49
house of the dead!

Röland
Anyone mention Cronenberg yet?

Videodrome, The Fly (remake) and Scanners are all good picks.

cropsy_is_god
You should get 'The Prowler/Rosmary's Killer. I got it uncut on ebay. The special effects are done by Tom Savini.

NormaBates
Originally posted by cropsy_is_god
You should get 'The Prowler/Rosmary's Killer. I got it uncut on ebay. The special effects are done by Tom Savini.

Yes, i love that movie! the Bathroomscene is great!
another movie that has a brilliant bathroomscene is 'A blade in the Dark' (I know i've already stated it a million times!)

K.Diddy
Originally posted by willman
The ring maybe?

no expression

Solo

Zilverz
how about High Tension

BackFire
Lots of good ones already mentioned.

If you like Craven, seek out Last House on the Left immediately. In my opinion his best film, certainly his bravest. Hills Have Eyes is also quite good.

Some slightly more obscure horror films - Cemetery Man, Mouth of Madness, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, Dog Soldiers, I Spit on Your Grave, and Zombie.

Even if you're not a fan of Cronenberg, I'd recommend The Fly. Easily his best film, I think.

Droopy
Fright Night thats a good ****in movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.