werewolf archive

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pumas79
hi people, right, i love werewolf films and am looking to build on my (rather small embarrasment )collection right now i have:

Ginger snaps 1,2,3
AWIL

so im looking to get

the howling
Company of wolves

any other suggestions and ill add them onto my list, thanks

PONG_MASTER
Umm...seeing as how you like Ginger Snaps... I'd recommend Dog Soldiers. It was kind of entertaining and silly.

ragesRemorse
aside from dog soldiers, and American werewolf in london. To me, there are no other good werewolf flicks. Howling comes extremely close to capturing enjoyment, but it takes itself to seriously considering all the cheese thats in the movie, I suppose had i grown up with it, it would be different for me. The opening sequence though is one of if not the best beginning to a horror flick. The atmosphere thats built in the woods around the cabin is exceptional too.

I did finally check out ginger snaps 3 very reluctantly, and must admit, it wasnt shit.

Wolfie
Definitely get:

Dog Soldiers
The Wolf Man - Get the Legacy Collection 'cause it comes with Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man. The other two movies in the set suck though.
Wolf - Very underrated Jack Nicholson film that's kind of a modernized Wolf Man.

May want to consider:

Cursed - Not a favorite of mine but I like it.
American Werewolf in Paris - It makes me laugh.

2D_MASTER
Silver Bullet, It's pretty good, I'm surprized nobody has mentioned it. Based on a short story by Stephen King.

NormaBates
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
aside from dog soldiers, and American werewolf in london. To me, there are no other good werewolf flicks. Howling comes extremely close to capturing enjoyment, but it takes itself to seriously considering all the cheese thats in the movie, I suppose had i grown up with it, it would be different for me. The opening sequence though is one of if not the best beginning to a horror flick. The atmosphere thats built in the woods around the cabin is exceptional too.

I did finally check out ginger snaps 3 very reluctantly, and must admit, it wasnt shit.

Really? Not even 'The compagny of wolves????
I just adore this movie, thought it is the best in werewolf experience!

pumas79
i want to get silver bullet as im a huge steven king fan, even going so far as to spend several hundred dollers on some first edition signed stuff of his. though i cant edit my first post which is slightly frustrating thoughsad

Killsw1tch
Dog Soldiers and American Werewolf In London are two of the best werewolf movies out there.

Wolfie
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Silver Bullet, It's pretty good, I'm surprized nobody has mentioned it. Based on a short story by Stephen King.
I would just stick with the novella personally. The movie was rather disappointing.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by NormaBates
Really? Not even 'The compagny of wolves????
I just adore this movie, thought it is the best in werewolf experience!

Isnt that the movie that has the whole little red riding hodd fairy tale thing going on? If so, All i remember is that the werewolves were actual wolves. I hate werewolf movies like that. I dont see the point in having the the person turn into an actual wolf. HAvent seen it in a while though, maybe my my taste has evolved into sophistication sense then, ill have to check it out

NormaBates
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Isnt that the movie that has the whole little red riding hodd fairy tale thing going on? If so, All i remember is that the werewolves were actual wolves. I hate werewolf movies like that. I dont see the point in having the the person turn into an actual wolf. HAvent seen it in a while though, maybe my my taste has evolved into sophistication sense then, ill have to check it out

Yes it that movie, okay they used real wolves but the transform scenes where the best! You should reconsider rewatching it, maybe you will like more now.

MrMeanGreen
Bad Moon, not a bad movie, good wolf.

Röland
Originally posted by pumas79
i want to get silver bullet as im a huge steven king fan, even going so far as to spend several hundred dollers on some first edition signed stuff of his. though i cant edit my first post which is slightly frustrating thoughsad
Originally posted by Wolfie
I would just stick with the novella personally. The movie was rather disappointing.

I agree with Wolfie on Silver Bullet, really bad film in my opinion.

Along with the other movies mentioned, check out Wolfen. It's not a masterpiece, but I think it's a decent werewolf movie.

vivando-loca
skin walkers may be interesting. i never actually saw it. *shrug* also, the Breed. never saw that either, but it looks good.

were those any good? i wanna see the first one, not sure about the sequels, though.

pumas79
freeborn looks like a good one coming out.

SelphieT
Originally posted by pumas79
hi people, right, i love werewolf films and am looking to build on my (rather small embarrasment )collection right now i have:

Ginger snaps 1,2,3
AWIL

so im looking to get

the howling
Company of wolves

any other suggestions and ill add them onto my list, thanks

DEFINETLY get the Company of Wolves. Very beautiful movie.

deathbycorn
Originally posted by Wolfie
The Wolf Man
Benicio Del Toro as The Wolf Man in the remake due next year.

http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/24922/2002962793699971899_rs.jpg

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by deathbycorn
Benicio Del Toro as The Wolf Man in the remake due next year.

http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/24922/2002962793699971899_rs.jpg

wow, i hope thats going to be a comedy

Soljer
Michael J Fox's teen wolf.

shifty.

No, but, seriously...a lot of people complained about it, but I think Underworld's lycans were really well done.

pumas79
your right, the lycans looked really good but the setting of wearwolves in an action movie just didnt to fit right, at least not in the underworld films anyway.

MightyCelestial
My faves would be:

4. Harry Potter & The Prisoner Of Azkaban - For as short as the beast actually made an appearance, it was probably one of the best handlings of a man-wolf since An American Werewolf In London. What is it with these limey's that seem to make 'em respect this under-used mythical hybrid more than anyone else? Is it the warm Guiness or sumthin?

3. I Was A Teen-Age Werewolf - With all due respect to Mr. Michael J. Fox, this is how a teen-wolf should be depicted.

2. An American Werewolf In London - Not only was this guy a gosh-honest werewolf, but also, he wanted to be a Pepper too ( Sorry kids. I know that the majority of you most likely won't understand that comment, b'cuz it's before your time. Look it up on youtube if you don't wanna be left in the dark.
And the dark, by the way, is where werewolves like dwell).

1. Wolfman - Just a plain ol' classic, this one is right there. I'm am a Huge fan of the original black & white Universal Monster series of way back in the day. Any datedness from these original gangstas of horror seemed to be fade with the integrity of the energy that was captured in the filming. I'm really looking forward to what they're gonna do with the the Benicio Del Toro adaptation. I was really glad that they didn't get him to look like the more wolf than man make-up that has become the standard for today. I still think that the modern look is cool an' all, but it doesn't need to be limited to one style. Despite the push that Hollywood has given movies like these as just empty escapist fare, the reality is, on a integral level, they're still an artform & thus should never be limited by any type of boxed labels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.