Space Pirates(Metroid) vs. Covenant(Halo)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Violent2Dope
While it's pretty much agreed that Samus>Master Chief but what about the forces that they fight against? This will be an all out galactic war. Anything that has ever been on one of the sides will be allowed to be used in this debate. In example even tho the last Pirate Elites and Omega Pirate are dead I will allow them to be used. I personally believe Space Pirates will win. Now debate.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
I really don't know much about the Space Pirates. Didn't play MP2 or any other Metroid after the first gamecube title(which was awesome)

The Covenant are a force to reckon with, but they are also gullible. They also have terrible strategic minds when it comes to land fighting(the marines actually outclass them in this regard) However their technology is uber. They can pretty much glass a planet without trying.

Can the Space Pirates pull something like that off?

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
I'm not a huge SP expert but they have huge fleets and have extremely advanced tech. They have found ways using phazon(I think that's what it's called) to mutate and enhance the strength of ordinary pirates. They also have made technology that can warp through space(not outer space, the OTHER space) to teleport and use it while fighting. They have cloaking tech that is IMO superior to that of the Covenant.

While the Covenant have poor land-based military; they have tremendous fleet-wars strategies and the humans have a hard time making it out of any encounter in space alive.

Do the Space Pirates have planet busting capabilities?

Violent2Dope
I'm not a huge SP expert but they have huge fleets and have extremely advanced tech. They have found ways using phazon(I think that's what it's called) to mutate and enhance the strength of ordinary pirates. They also have made technology that can warp through space(not outer space, the OTHER space) to teleport and use it while fighting. They have cloaking tech that is IMO superior to that of the Covenant. big grin

General Kaliero
The Covenant are great when dealing with fleets, but the Space Pirates would inevitably bring the battle planetside.

There, the Pirates would be fully capable of deploying any of their bioengineered genetic experiments, and most likely a cadre or two of captured Metroids. The Metroids alone could probably devastate a large portion of the Covenant forces on their own.

I think it'd be a great battle to see. The Pirates would eventually win.

Violent2Dope
In terms of individual soldier strength, I say SP are better. There normal units have both blasters for ranged combat and scythes for melee. Metroids would pose a real problem for them as they would have no way to get them off of them like Samus does. Also the heavy troops on each side, Elite Pirates for SP and Hunters for Covenant, the Elites have more available weapons and are larger and maybe stronger.

BlaxicanHydra
Originally posted by General Kaliero
The Covenant are great when dealing with fleets, but the Space Pirates would inevitably bring the battle planetside.

The Covenant don't role that way. Rather, they prefer to avoid landside battles and just glass the planet. Either way, the Covenant win.

The Covenant win because, (This is general consensus) The Covenant own the skies. Whoever owns the skies owns the battlefield, which is why despite the SPARTANS effectiveness the UNSC loses almost every battle, wither or not the Covenant lose on the ground or not is irrelevant, as they're going to just glass the planet anyway.

Violent2Dope
Space Pirates have the better tech, soldiers, and their leaders don't consist of senile aliens who are too lazy to walk.

judgement hand
the pirates sick Kraid on the covenant and Kraid gets a light snack

~the snacking hand of judgement

BlaxicanHydra
V2D, Judgement Hand, I'm just curious. have either of you read the halo Novels?

General Kaliero
Are the novels the games?

Is this the book vs. forum?

It was established long ago, back in the epic Samus vs. Chief thread, that for the intents and purposes of this forum the Halo novels are irrelevant.

And thanks to Judgement mentioning Kraid... what about Ridley? He could burn his way through plenty of the Covenant on his own.

Xenogears
The Covenant.

DarkC
It was established long ago, back in the epic Samus vs. Chief thread, that for the intents and purposes of this forum the Halo novels are irrelevant.
Simply because the novels are not games themselves does not mean at all that they should be considered irrelevant.
The games spawned the books, which provide more background information than simply the games themselves.

We're talking the characters in games vs characters in other games, Kaliero, not the actual games themselves. Fictional video game character vs. another. Any source of information, providing it is legitimate and approved by the game creators themselves, is viable. I wouldn't dispute your ability to use the Metroid graphic novel, for instance, to provide a better background and technical info on Samus's abilities.

If they are moot to you, then you'd better have a very good reason why.

I somehow doubt that he can survive repeated plasma bombardment from a convoy of Wraiths.

ESB -1138

There, the Pirates would be fully capable of deploying any of their bioengineered genetic experiments, and most likely a cadre or two of captured Metroids. The Metroids alone could probably devastate a large portion of the Covenant forces on their own.

I think it'd be a great battle to see. The Pirates would eventually win.

Like the Covenant would be stupid enough to fight on the planet if they know they can't win. This is what happens a lot between the marines and the Covenant. The marines would be capable of holding back the Covenant so they would retreat to their fleet and just nuke the entire planet.

I say the Covenant easily outnumbers the Space Pirates.

Xenogears
Covenant fleets FTW

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
V2D, Judgement Hand, I'm just curious. have either of you read the halo Novels? Nope.smile But let me ask you was I wrong when I said the covenants leaders consist of senile old men?

Xenogears
They know nothing of the Great Journey.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by ESB -1138
I say the Covenant easily outnumbers the Space Pirates. How? The Space Pirates suffer defeat after defeat from Samus and stuff but are still strong. And even if that's true the singular units are stronger than the singular covenant units. And when it comes to a space fight I'm pretty sure Ridley by himself could probably take out one ship by his damn self. If they were to let loose Metroids on a ship then everyone who was on that ship would die except for possibly the Hunters(because since they're immune to the Flood they may be immune to Metroids).

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Xenogears
They know nothing of the Great Journey. It involves killing all life in the galaxy. Least that's what will happen if they do activate Halo. Which starts the "Great Journey."

Xenogears
Bah

ESB -1138
How? The Space Pirates suffer defeat after defeat from Samus and stuff but are still strong. And even if that's true the singular units are stronger than the singular covenant units. And when it comes to a space fight I'm pretty sure Ridley by himself could probably take out one ship by his damn self. If they were to let loose Metroids on a ship then everyone who was on that ship would die except for possibly the Hunters(because since they're immune to the Flood they may be immune to Metroids).

The Covenant are not as weak as you make them out to be. Because the Master Chief managed to kill hordes of Covenant does not make them weaklings. Oh and congrats Ridley MAY be able to take out one ship but he only has another billion to go. Samus alone is capable of killing Ridley so you throw in billions of Brutes, Hunters, Elites, Grunts, Jackals, and Drones Ridley would get WTFpwned.

And the Flood managed to overrun a small group of Covenant. When it comes down to the full Covenant force the Flood (and Metroids) wouldn't stand a slight chance.

And really how many Space Pirates has Samus killed throughout her games? I doubt they equal the amount Master Chief has killed in the two Halo games alone and yet the Covenant still holds a number to great to count.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by ESB -1138
The Covenant are not as weak as you make them out to be. Because the Master Chief managed to kill hordes of Covenant does not make them weaklings. Oh and congrats Ridley MAY be able to take out one ship but he only has another billion to go. Samus alone is capable of killing Ridley so you throw in billions of Brutes, Hunters, Elites, Grunts, Jackals, and Drones Ridley would get WTFpwned.

And the Flood managed to overrun a small group of Covenant. When it comes down to the full Covenant force the Flood (and Metroids) wouldn't stand a slight chance.

And really how many Space Pirates has Samus killed throughout her games? I doubt they equal the amount Master Chief has killed in the two Halo games alone and yet the Covenant still holds a number to great to count. Okay dude never said the covenant were weak and never said that SPs would win with just Ridley and Metroids. And remember this isn't one epic space battle this is all out war. Metroids are also much stronger than the Flood. And saying MC has killed more Covenant than MC is pure speculation and is not relevant to this debate at all. Matter of fact if that's true all that does is show that SPs are indeed stronger in that Samus would beat MC.

((The_Anomaly))
The Space Pirates are better tech wise, but the problem is I don't think that there is enough Pirates. The Covenant troops would lose on a 1 vs 1 confrontation, but the SP just don't have enough troops to win an all out war. So by default the Covanant wins due to sheer numbers. If you gave the SP the same numbers they would win though, the Covenant wouldn't stand a chance.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
The Space Pirates are better tech wise, but the problem is I don't think that there is enough Pirates. The Covenant troops would lose on a 1 vs 1 confrontation, but the SP just don't have enough troops to win an all out war. So by default the Covanant wins due to sheer numbers. If you gave the SP the same numbers they would win though, the Covenant wouldn't stand a chance. Even tho they may be outnumbered the power of their individual troops is much greater than that of the covenant. And does anyone know how large the Space Pirates actually are compared to The Covenant?

BlaxicanHydra
Master Chief killed more then a thousand Covanent units by himself BEFORE the first game even started. Yet The Covanenet sill have over a billion ships and more twice as much ground units.

How do you know that that Pirates are superior one on one? They both get killed by the hundreds every game, and so far from what I've seen the Covanenet are stronger, seeing as how it has been recorded that the plasma from there guns is hotter then the sun.

The MC people were desperate for a victory in the debate, so they went and whined to Lana, and she has declared that the Halo novels can now be used as canon sources in all Halo related debates. Sucks, I know, I hate the books but rules are rules...

Violent2Dope
Goddamn the books always **** things up. And individually SPs are stronger and they also have more different kinds of troops. Normal troops are offered with automatic blasters that don't overheat and scythes for melee. They have Shadow Pirates that can become invisible and also use their scythes and can scale the ceiling and walls(I'm pretty sure they can, if I'm wrong tell me). They have Pirate Commandos that can phase in and out of realitie which is pretty much teleportation and they also wield EMPs. Their air pirates have blasters and rockets and if close to death will kamikaze you. They also have underwater versions of these. Their Elite Pirates are big and strong and have a shoulder blaster, can create shockwaves, and can absorb energy weapon fire. They have Metroids which absorb the life from their victims and grow larger. Hunter Metroids are stronger and have tentacles to absorb from a longer range, and fission Metroids multiply and can only be hurt by a certain type of wep. How are covenant troops stronger again?

judgement hand
Originally posted by Xenogears
The Covenant.

not unless they activate halo

~the halo activating hand of judgement

Xenogears
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/MJOLNIR_VII/Hitomipowerup.gif

WO Polaski
The Covanent would win.

ESB -1138
Okay dude never said the covenant were weak and never said that SPs would win with just Ridley and Metroids. And remember this isn't one epic space battle this is all out war. Metroids are also much stronger than the Flood. And saying MC has killed more Covenant than MC is pure speculation and is not relevant to this debate at all. Matter of fact if that's true all that does is show that SPs are indeed stronger in that Samus would beat MC.

Considering what that a Covenant fleet whipped out Reach and that wasn't even a fraction of the Covenant's full force I would say that Space Pirates are vastly outnumbered. And number helps in a full blown galactic war.

Xenogears
Candy Mountain

~The candy-eating SPARTAN-II

Violent2Dope
Once again does anyone have some idea on how large the SP are to the Covenant?

Swe_Bum
Space Pirates Take This easy.
They Have all kinds of Different Pirates that can only be hurt by a special sort of weapon.
SP's have Far more better Technology then the Dumb-Dumb Covenant's (who are fighting each others all the time).
And lets not Forget about Meta Ridley and Omega Pirates, They are hard son of a Bi*ches to take out, and with wrong Equip it would be useless to even try.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Swe_Bum
Space Pirates Take This easy.
They Have all kinds of Different Pirates that can only be hurt by a special sort of weapon.
SP's have Far more better Technology then the Dumb-Dumb Covenant's (who are fighting each others all the time).
And lets not Forget about Meta Ridley and Omega Pirates, They are hard son of a Bi*ches to take out, and with wrong Equip it would be useless to even try. I agree with all this except the part about the covenant being dumb and SP takin it easy. I think this is a good war/battle.

General Kaliero
We've never been given exact numbers for the Pirates. However, we do know they have a large fleet, large enough to make them a serious menace throughout the galaxy. And their race as a whole is evidently massive, given their readiness to experiment on themselves and their young.

All the Pirates met in Metroid Prime came from only the single frigate Orpheon, so it seems each frigate carries enough numbers to set up and maintain several bases of operation: Magmoor, Phendrana, and the Phazon Mines. Keep in mind also that the Pirates had already suffered severe losses to their genetic experimentation and Metroid-related accidents, and it would appear a single Pirate frigate carries an extremely large force indeed.

Since we know Corruption takes place across several planets instead of just one, and all under direct assault by the Pirates, it's likely that game will show more Pirates than have been seen before.

Swe_Bum
I agree with all this except the part about the covenant being dumb and SP takin it easy. I think this is a good war/battle. yeah I overreact maybe :P
maybe not easy but ofc there will be a good fight. And no they arent Dumb (If they where they wouldnt have the technology stick out tongue )

Violent2Dope
We've never been given exact numbers for the Pirates. However, we do know they have a large fleet, large enough to make them a serious menace throughout the galaxy. And their race as a whole is evidently massive, given their readiness to experiment on themselves and their young.

All the Pirates met in Metroid Prime came from only the single frigate Orpheon, so it seems each frigate carries enough numbers to set up and maintain several bases of operation: Magmoor, Phendrana, and the Phazon Mines. Keep in mind also that the Pirates had already suffered severe losses to their genetic experimentation and Metroid-related accidents, and it would appear a single Pirate frigate carries an extremely large force indeed.

Since we know Corruption takes place across several planets instead of just one, and all under direct assault by the Pirates, it's likely that game will show more Pirates than have been seen before. yes

Drunkenstein
Originally posted by Zack Fair
While the Covenant have poor land-based military; they have tremendous fleet-wars strategies and the humans have a hard time making it out of any encounter in space alive.

Do the Space Pirates have planet busting capabilities?

Do the Covenant have reverse engineering?

Drunkenstein
Chat about Planet-Glassing all you want, but the Space Pirates have various and numerous planets they may retreat to. The Covenant may have the superior numbers, but their lack of technology and intelligence leaves them susceptible to mass attacks from Pirates. Speaking of which Space Pirates don't receive their name from catching the "booty". No, they receive said name for capturing and reverse-engineering numerous space ships the Covenant ships can barely compare to. The time it could take for Master Chief (or any friendly UNSC) to destroy a ship is halved by a single Space Pirate of any type. Even then, the Space Pirates have managed to control the Metroids and use them to their disposal. Once a Metroid claims hold of a Covenant ship, it's gone. No matter how many Covenant ships are at disposal, a single Metroid will eventually destroy them all, considering the fact that Metroids are only vulnerable to ice, which is somehow undiscovered by the Covenant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.