Hulk takes Black Bolt's scream

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FearOfBlood
smile

no more doubts

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/7362/img010nf0ji1.jpg

llagrok
I saw that and there are still tons of doubt.

Like how the hell the Moon was still standing, or how he Hulk was able to withstand that but not a whisper. If Black Bolt did a scream like that, there wouldn't be a moon anymore.

Endless Mike
Looks more like a shout than a scream

leonidas
imo, bb's scream is one of the most overrated powers in comics. erm

Galan007
I'll be honest...

IF Hulk did in fact survive BB's scream, then he does deserve some props.

llagrok
Whoever did Incredible Hulk deserves to be lined up against the wall together with Loeb and Liefeld.

Juntai
So he survived the whisper and the scream already, then, since WWH kicked off.
I guess it gives a new perspective on when Hulk was saying "I want to hear you scream"

Symmetric Chaos
My only real problem with that is the fact that we already saw a whisper do more damage.

batdude123
Originally posted by leonidas

thumb up

llagrok
It opened a rift in the dimension.

What kind of writer contradicts a comic released a month earlier?

FearOfBlood
BTW: how many times did BB scream ? and what happened ?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by FearOfBlood
BTW: how many times did BB scream ? and what happened ?

As far as we know once and it did nothing.

A whisper sent him flying though no expression

llagrok
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Didn't it cause a ripple in reality? I just reread Illuminati #2

That wasn't a scream either, that was him speaking.

FearOfBlood

sorry i mean in all marvel history

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by llagrok
Didn't it cause a ripple in reality? I just reread Illuminati #2

That wasn't a scream either, that was him speaking.

I heard something about Reed's tech being responsible for that.

sorry i mean in all marvel history

Oh . . . then once afaik

Disappear
well, we do see bits of hulk's skin getting flayed off, so it's doing "something." we don't know how much of the scene has still not been shown. the point was that hulk survived it; i doubt that single panel was meant to say "not only did he survive it, but it didn't do jack."

also, the reason blackbolt's scream punched a hole in reality is because the release of energy was being funnelled and manipulated by reed's machine. outright screaming doesn't cause reality to grate into swiss cheese.

for all we know, blackbolt could've screamed a dozen times until he was simply out of energy, the state of the moon could be ridiculous and hulk could've just kept coming back because of his new power up. he also seems much larger in that scene than he did when blackbolt had whispered, so maybe it's blackbolt's declining energy levels versus hulk's increasing rage.

not really much to get upset about. it's not like any of us really expected world war hulk to end with the first fight, anyway. as soon as hulk landed on the moon, we all knew he'd take out blackbolt.

janus77
cool, finally puts an end to the off-panel ownage of BB.

the moon should have been shattered, but then that would have cascaded into an event far far far larger than World War Hulk, as the Earth would be imperiled as a result of the loss of the moon.

but it's rather irrational to assume that Hulk shouldn't survive a BB scream, it's quite clear that Hulk is possessed of simply unlimited durability and stamina.

as to the difference in damage between that scream above (and does anyone else think it looks like BB's about to suffer a stroke from the exersion?) and the earlier voice (it was clearly more than a whipser) is simply the Hulk's dynamic - exponential - increase in power.

he grew more pissed off and BB became impotant as a result.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by janus77
he grew more pissed off and BB became impotant as a result.

Because we all know thats how Hulk's powers work . . .

janus77
Because we all know thats how Hulk's powers work . . .
well, I would like to think so. not quite sure about everybody, though confused.

radiation poisoning can cause sterility, scientific fact!

Symmetric Chaos
well, I would like to think so. not quite sure about everybody, though confused.

You do know Hulk doesn't make other people less powerful right?

BB didn't become impotent because he was fighting Hulk.

janus77
You do know Hulk doesn't make other people less powerful right?

BB didn't become impotent because he was fighting Hulk.
you do realise that was a figure of speech, right? :P

BB used his 'trump card', his most devastating offensive power, Hulk 'hulked' through it. BB wasn't given the opportunity to switch and test a range of attacks at his leisure.

guy222
you do realise that was a figure of speech, right? :P

BB used his 'trump card', his most devastating offensive power, Hulk 'hulked' through it. BB wasn't given the opportunity to switch and test a range of attacks at his leisure.

WWH is badass

janus77
Originally posted by guy222
WWH is badass
indeed.

now if only they'd give Surfer a brain ... I could die happy (after a long and joyous life, at the ripe old age of 202933 years).

Galan007
I heard something about Reed's tech being responsible for that. thumb up

Reed's tech focused/concentrated the sound-waves from BB's voice...

Doing this opened up a hole in the fabric of reality:

http://i80.imagethrust.com/t/1186318/r1.jpg http://i80.imagethrust.com/t/1186319/r2.jpg

I still think it's a damn good feat for BB though.

Grimm22
Originally posted by leonidas

I guess if you ignore everything he's ever done with his scream no expression

Originally posted by batdude123
thumb up

Quiet you! mad

You're just mad that BB > Supes shifty

batdude123
Originally posted by Grimm22
You're just mad that BB > Supes shifty

You're just mad that Ben is the weakest link in the Fantastic Four.

Grimm22
You're just mad that Ben is the weakest link in the Fantastic Four.

You had to go there didn't you embarrasment

Couldn't you have just made a movie joke like "You're just mad that the FF have had two shitty movies and the Batman movies kick ass." stick out tongue

llagrok
Well, Black Bolt powered Reed's damn machine didn't he? smile

Too bad he didn't just auto-win by turning Hulk into stone, I suppose that would've been too realistic.

batdude123
Originally posted by Grimm22
You had to go there didn't you embarrasment

Couldn't you have just made a movie joke like "You're just mad that the FF have had two shitty movies and the Batman movies kick ass." stick out tongue

Nah, I felt the urge to go right for the jugular.

Grimm22
Nah, I felt the urge to go right for the jugular.

I should have expected no less from you bangin

Disappear
Well, Black Bolt powered Reed's damn machine didn't he? smile

Too bad he didn't just auto-win by turning Hulk into stone, I suppose that would've been too realistic.

blackbolt's energy was used by the machine. it probably was plugged into an outlet or had some sort of generator actually powering it.

leonidas
where is that scan from? what issue?

Priest
My only real problem with that is the fact that we already saw a whisper do more damage.
He got madder and his durablity went though the roof imo..
Captain Marvel V4 #3 or 2...
Genis shot hulk with a bast, and knocked him down, but the hulk got up.. the next shot Genis stated that he will double the intencity of it so he can knock the hulk out, it diden't work at all, the hulk shrugged it off like nothing because he got more madd.

llagrok
Originally posted by Priest
He got madder and his durablity went though the roof imo..
Captain Marvel V4 #3 or 2...
Genis shot hulk with a bast, and knocked him down, but the hulk got up.. the next shot Genis stated that he will double the intencity of it so he can knock the hulk out, it diden't work at all, the hulk shrugged it off like nothing because he got more madd.

Still.....

Almost every writer seems to get off by writing Black Bolt as increidbly one sided. They could at least have made the fight off panel and have him show some versatility.

Priest
Still.....

Almost every writer seems to get off by writing Black Bolt as increidbly one sided. They could at least have made the fight off panel and have him show some versatility.
meh, wat do u expect it is World War Hulk ... Black Bolt's voice is now a sonic scream instead of manipulations of electrons imo..
still i nice feat from the Hulk, I'm not complaining..

Alfheim
One thing did BB have an infinity gem on him at the time?

ExodusCloak
I'm halfway across the world at the moment so I'm a bit behind I read the first issue of WWH #1 though and even after that scan in Incredible Hulk #106 I'm still skeptical over whether it was a scream.

For instance in the Prolgue the Hulk went out and admitted that Blackbolt was the only one who was capable of stopping him. The Hulks Warbound were going to use this little piece of information to their advantage by parading BB's body around so most of the earths heroes would be wetting themselves.

Secondly would BB actually scream while Medusa was standing right next to him? Where is Medusa right now? Did the Hulk use her as a inhuman shield? I mean before WWH you could say that the Hulk fought like an idiot so BB could have underestimated him in that sense so his newly acquired brain now allows him to be more devious.

I have a feeling that the fight will be shown later on in the story, but it'll be near the end where Hulk realizes that his Warbound have an ulterior motive.

llagrok
Inhuman shield, best comment ever.

Alfheim: They swore never to use the infinity gems, though I suspect Reed will use them in the end to undo all the horrible jobbing that we're going to see.

I don't mind Black Bolt losing in WWH, you need PIS to make these things work. What I don't like is when the writers make a character seem incredibly weak without mentioning any form of depowering.

BlaxicanHydra
http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/7362/img010nf0ji1.jpg

This is obviously a scream. And regardless of what was shown off-panel simply seeing this one panel of Hulk, alone, simply barreling through BB's scream like that is an impressive feat. To the respect thread this goes...

Morridini
Just on a side note, anyone ever wonder what BB decide to say when he speaks, whispers and screams?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Morridini
Just on a side note, anyone ever wonder what BB decide to say when he speaks, whispers and screams?

Usually when they do write it it's something definitive like "enough".

Alfheim
Usually when they do write it it's something definitive like "enough".

Yeah or GET THA **** OFF MY MOON B*TCH!!!!!!!! laughing out loud

DigiMark007
Stick it in the respect thread. Making a thread for 1 scan just to try to prove some point is just completely immature.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.