Annihilation Conquest [Spoilers]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

llagrok
Just read Annihilation Conquest #1

It starts out with Phyla-vell fighting a couple of scoundrels and Moondragon appearing to cover her back. They exchange some words and Phyla does some contemplating on whether or not she's a decent successor to Quasar. The bands seem to be speaking to her now, though I think the green coloured speech bubbles make it seem like it's Moondragon using her telepathy.

Ronan's crowning or whatever is finished and he's the leader of the Kree it seems. Meanwhile Starlord's upgrading the Kree's defenses and trying tio score with some Kree chick. He pretty much fails at both as the Phalanx are back. They're taking over just like before, infecting and creating one of their nasty towers.

They're in control of some pretty nasty robots that were supposed to serve as Kree defenses, pretty powerful if you ask me. Phyla had to try in order to kill one.

Starlord gets shot a couple of times, though I'm not entirely sure if he actually dies. It doesn't look like he took the shots too well though.

So;

- Starlord's quite popular with the Kree it seems
- Ronan's the big man now
- Phyla's a confirmed lesbian
- Phalanx are sporting a new look

manjaro
The phalanx is a lame set of villains for an entire empire....for yrs the Xmen have been pwning these idiots and now all of a sudden they oveerun an entire throne world in two minutes..pfft

llagrok
Originally posted by manjaro
The phalanx is a lame set of villains for an entire empire....for yrs the Xmen have been pwning these idiots and now all of a sudden they oveerun an entire throne world in two minutes..pfft

They look different, look like a bunch of predators (from alien vs pred)

Black Adam
Phalanx?.....ugh. I'd rather have the overgrown cockroaches back.

Validus
I was hoping it'd be The Beyonder just to have some cohesiveness with the first Annihilation.

Big Sexy
Meh doesn't really bother me. It makes better sense that the phalanx were able to establish control while annihilation was taking place and the kree were distracted then if a frontal attack took place.

Lucid Lui
I've always like the Phalanx, so i don't mind them being the big bad. Though there's probably more to this than just them.

I haven't read the issue yet, so i'll reserve judgment till then.

Mider999
are they gonna be the new big threat? If you guys hate them you might like them eventually in this series i mean who gave a crap about annihlus before the first annihilation.

Darth Vicious
Phalanx is just a version of the Borg. Hopefully they can portray them more menacing and in a larger scope.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Great issue

Lucid Lui
Yeah, good issue. Faaar better than the prologue issue for the previous Annihilation. Hopefully the rest turns out better also.

manjaro
i still say pffttglare the phalanx dont rank... i would even choose the brood or asgardian rock trolls over them

llagrok
i still say pffttglare the phalanx dont rank... i would even choose the brood or asgardian rock trolls over them

I'm kinda hating the Brood. Can't stand the whole Alien rip off smile

Asgardian rock trolls are awesome.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Black Adam
Phalanx?.....ugh. I'd rather have the overgrown cockroaches back.

yesermm

grey fox
Originally posted by llagrok
I'm kinda hating the Brood. Can't stand the whole Alien rip off smile

Asgardian rock trolls are awesome.

They were out before Alien.

llagrok

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Can't wait until next issue.

Grimm22
I loved the Prologue and i'm hoping the tie-in's will be just as good.

So far though I have a feeling i'm going to like Conquest more than the original Annihilation, mainly because for the first 3 issues of Annihilation I had no god damn idea who half the characters were, so everything makes a lot more sense now

llagrok
Originally posted by Grimm22
I loved the Prologue and i'm hoping the tie-in's will be just as good.

So far though I have a feeling i'm going to like Conquest more than the original Annihilation, mainly because for the first 3 issues of Annihilation I had no god damn idea who half the characters were, so everything makes a lot more sense now

I loved Annihilation.

Have a feeling I'll love Conquest too smile

manjaro
i didnt say i didnt like it im just saying that the phalanx are a poor choice, but then again who else would they choose so i guess i have to live with it

Scoobless
Originally posted by grey fox
They were out before Alien.

no2

Alien = 1979

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078748/

Brood = Uncanny X-Men #155 = 1981 (or 1982, cover says 81, text ont he article says 82 and you know how the cover dates don't usually = the release dates)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brood_(comics)

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/8666/uncannyxmen155ui2.th.jpg

stick out tongue

ScarletSpider
Well, Manjaro, like Mider said, who cared about Annihilus before Annihilation went down? No one. Maybe Tom Breevort on a good day, but usually no one. And then Annihilus went on to become the major driving force behind a 23 issue sweet crossover event. And Annihilation rocked, so I hope they knock round 2 out of the ballpark.

lordboo
does anybody think the phalanx slightly resemble tyrant,or is it just me?
up now the star lord mini has been the best imo.

llagrok
Originally posted by lordboo
does anybody think the phalanx slightly resemble tyrant,or is it just me?
up now the star lord mini has been the best imo.

They do. They don't resemble the typical Phalanx at least, that much we know.

Did anyone read Wraith #2 and Quasar #2? They've captured Super Skrull (and Praxagora) it seems and are in control of his body. He seems to be fully capable of thinking and such. He looks like freaking skrull-frankenstein imo. SS also refers to Praxagora as his woman. Skrull on robot pronz? Wraith is wearing his soul on the outside or something? Either way, pain is the only way he can remember stuff.

lordboo
Originally posted by llagrok
They do. They don't resemble the typical Phalanx at least, that much we know.

Did anyone read Wraith #2 and Quasar #2? They've captured Super Skrull (and Praxagora) it seems and are in control of his body. He seems to be fully capable of thinking and such. He looks like freaking skrull-frankenstein imo. SS also refers to Praxagora as his woman. Skrull on robot pronz? Wraith is wearing his soul on the outside or something? Either way, pain is the only way he can remember stuff.
yeah i read wraith and quaser#2 pretty good,so ronan is part of the phalanx,but not fully select?
moondragon has turned into a well er.... moondragon
starlord crew is cool imo captain universe,celestail madonna rocket rackoon laughing hes great.
i just think something bigger is behind the conquest?

manjaro
IDK im all for hot girl on girl action but quasar and moondragon are getting a little too sappy for me.. as soon as shit hits the fan they're all like "be strong my love" and then all this sappy huggin and making out in between life and death situations.. its just lame now...and why is phyla so weak willed and low self esteemy anyway? pffttt!!!!! im this close to writing off the entire run

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Wraith 2 and Quasar 2 were very good.

llagrok
IDK im all for hot girl on girl action but quasar and moondragon are getting a little too sappy for me.. as soon as shit hits the fan they're all like "be strong my love" and then all this sappy huggin and making out in between life and death situations.. its just lame now...and why is phyla so weak willed and low self esteemy anyway? pffttt!!!!! im this close to writing off the entire run

I've never really been a whole fan of the raging lesbian telepathy anyways, but Phyla had potential. She should've hooked up with Starlord instead, but no one woman can tame that badboy big grin

NiņoAraņa
i'm only reading Wraith, and it's pretty good!

lordboo
why is ronan turning into a wuss?

Endless Mike
Originally posted by lordboo
why is ronan turning into a wuss?

Well he's infected by alien techno-parasites.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.