What if Jeph Loeb and Jim Starlin collaborated

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
On a Superman/Thanos crossover comic?

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Does not compute.

GGS
Thanos teams up with Lex Luthor who is addicted to kryptonite and battles Superman who get's helped by Batman who just happened to be in the area.. Supergirl would appear and then Thanos is trapped in the source wall.

WrathfulDwarf
More like a Thanos/Captain Comet would be interesting...

Jebus reborn
On a Superman/Thanos crossover comic? Jim Starlin created Thanos.
Loeb overwrites Superman.

Plus, Starlin doesn't overwrite Thanos (heroes vs Thanos in IG rings a bell), so I fail to see the point of this thread.

guy222

Thanos wins

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Jim Starlin created Thanos.
Loeb overwrites Superman.

Plus, Starlin doesn't overwrite Thanos (heroes vs Thanos in IG rings a bell), so I fail to see the point of this thread.

The point would be to see a battle between them both at their absolute best, not in a vs. forum style, but as if it was actually written in a comic.

DigiMark007
Starlin's sane though. He'd shoot Loeb in the face.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DigiMark007

I like that definition of sane.

TricksterPriest

hysterical thumb up How about Jack Kirby/Jim Starlin? I don't really care who they write about, that would be an awesome story. Maybe LSH/New Gods would work?

llagrok
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

I want a piece of that.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
hysterical thumb up How about Jack Kirby/Jim Starlin? I don't really care who they write about, that would be an awesome story. Maybe LSH/New Gods would work?

That would be cool. Adam Warlock would swoop down in Act III of the arc and ruin...Darkseid's plans.

Yeah. That'd be sweet.

Symmetric Chaos
That would be cool. Adam Warlock would swoop down in Act III of the arc and ruin...Darkseid's plans.

In a LSH/NG crossover blink

Redatom65

my sentiments exactly

DigiMark007
In a LSH/NG crossover blink

Missed that.

srug

P.S. My opinion stands. no expression

Symmetric Chaos
Missed that.

srug

P.S. My opinion stands. no expression
I guess since he's no longer bound by destiny he could simply decide tp jump universes.

w00t Comicbook meta-science ftw!

Redatom65
Captain Mar-Vell would be writtan before Warlock considering everyone knows Starlin writes Mar better Than Warlock. No wait, better yet, Captain Comet and Mar-Vell team up! ...I thought it sounded good

roughrider
The point would be to see a battle between them both at their absolute best, not in a vs. forum style, but as if it was actually written in a comic.

Thanos still wins handily. No point to this thread. big grin

DigiMark007
Let's just get this straight:

Nobody wrote Warlock better than Starlin.

Starlin's Warlock made Thanos seem like the 80's precursor to Superboy Emo. No one outschemed him....it took Warlock himself (Magus and the the Goddess) to provide credible villians for him.

Redatom65
Let's just get this straight:

Nobody wrote Warlock better than Starlin.

Starlin's Warlock made Thanos seem like the 80's precursor to Superboy Emo. No one outschemed him....it took Warlock himself (Magus and the the Goddess) to provide credible villians for him.

Let's Face it, Starlin wrote Mar-Vell at his best throughout the 70's and let's not forget what Thanos did for Mar on his death bed....Respect I say!

DigiMark007
Speaking of Warlock, where the heck is he? He never resurfaced after appearing in Thanos' ongoing series a while back (pre-Annihilation). He was supposedly going back to be with Gamora.....then she gets front billing in Annihilation and slept with Nova. Rider better watch the f*ck out if Adam ever finds out.

Redatom65
Speaking of Warlock, where the heck is he? He never resurfaced after appearing in Thanos' ongoing series a while back (pre-Annihilation). He was supposedly going back to be with Gamora.....then she gets front billing in Annihilation and slept with Nova. Rider better watch the f*ck out if Adam ever finds out.

Warlock's one of the few non-dead cosmics who didn't make Annihilation, which made no sense, though after the last series he was in...I can see why they would want to keep him out sick Sorry Digi....that wasn't a good book for Warlock...

Endless Mike
I think he is in the anchor room with Atleza

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Redatom65
Warlock's one of the few non-dead cosmics who didn't make Annihilation, which made no sense, though after the last series he was in...I can see why they would want to keep him out sick Sorry Digi....that wasn't a good book for Warlock...

Which book? Prior to his cameo in Thanos' series, I think the Infinity Watch run was his most recent gig. Or maybe Infinity Abyss.

I think he is in the anchor room with Atleza

Gamora was supposed to be there too. And instead of furthering a series-long budding romance that concluded at the end of the IW run and Infinity Abyss, they decide to turn Gamora into a heartless cosmic whore.

erm

Jebus reborn
Speaking of Warlock, where the heck is he? He never resurfaced after appearing in Thanos' ongoing series a while back (pre-Annihilation). He was supposedly going back to be with Gamora.....then she gets front billing in Annihilation and slept with Nova. Rider better watch the f*ck out if Adam ever finds out. He's most likely looking after Atleza.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
He's most likely looking after Atleza.

Gamora was supposed to be there too. And instead of furthering a series-long budding romance that concluded at the end of the IW run and Infinity Abyss, they decide to turn Gamora into a heartless cosmic whore.

erm

King Kandy
I think Warlock's going to come and really mess up Nova... Like, really really bad stuff.

Martian_mind
he may show up in conquest

roughrider
Starlin doesn't need Loeb to collaborate with. Loeb to stick to characters he does best, like Batman, Daredevil & Spider Man - stay away from the heavyweights.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.