Nosferatu Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DocZombie
Well, I'm still trying to find this movie, but I looked it up on the internet and I found some pretty interesting things about this movie, Though it's now considered one of the greatest horror films ever made and a masterpiece of early cinema, how come we are not supposed to be able to see this 1922 film "Nosferatu." And why?

MildPossession
I have no idea about America, but you can easily get it on dvd here in the UK.

DocZombie
Well I don't live in the UK.

apoc001
Well, I found it on youtube, but I don't know if it's still there.

Impediment
Originally posted by DocZombie
Well, I'm still trying to find this movie, but I looked it up on the internet and I found some pretty interesting things about this movie, Though it's now considered one of the greatest horror films ever made and a masterpiece of early cinema, how come we are not supposed to be able to see this 1922 film "Nosferatu." And why?

It's available on DVD. Very easy to find.

It was one of the very first horror films that was, for lack of a better word, horrifying to audiences in the 1920's. See it. yes

apoc001
Why not check on Ebay?

Impediment
Originally posted by apoc001
Why not check on Ebay?

eBay is the Devil.

apoc001
Yikes. I made a deal with the devil? Well, now I can say I've tried it...

Impediment
Schweet.

Nosada
I've seen Nosferatu at just about every video retail outlet in my area. You just aren't looking hard enough. It's on Netflix, also. Great film, I hope you get to see it.

Nosada
Okay, I now see that you're referring to an older Nosferatu, not Werner Herzog's remake. I can't help you there, as I'd like to see this one also.

Impediment
I didnt know a remake existed.

Nosada
The first Nosferatu film - Nosferatu, A Symphony of Horror - was released in 1922 by director F.W. Murnau and starring Max Schreck as Nosferatu. It is the original and IMDb lists it as #170 of their Top 200 Films of All Time (if you give such a list any creedence).

Then there's Nosferatu: Phantom of the Night - which was released in 1979 by director Werner Herzog and starring Klaus Kinski as Nosferatu.

Then there's Nosferatu a Venezia (German) which was released in 1988 by directors Augusto Caminito and Mario Caiano and starring, once again, Klaus Kinski as Nosferatu. Christopher Plummer and Donald Pleasance also appear in this film.

Then there's Embrace of the Vampire (AKA The Nosferatu Diaries: Embrace of the Vampire) which I adore thanks to Alyssa Milano's multiple nude scenes by director Anne Goursaud and starring Martin Kemp as the vampire (not Nosferatu, as he doesn't appear as a character in this film).

Then there's Nosferatu: The First Vampire which was released in 1998 (TV) by director Wayne Keeley. Basically, it's the 1922 film remastered, hosted by David Carradine, and features a soundtrack by Type-O-Negative. Supposedly hard to come by.

Then there's a mess of short and B-status takes on the franchise, such as Joe Nosferatu: Homeless Vampire.

Also, worth noting, is the 2008 release of the Bubba Ho-Tep prequel Bubba Nosferatu and the Curse of the She-Vampires. Can't wait.

Impediment
Bruce Campbell is the shit.

scottymc
Count Orlok was such a scary person when i first saw the film, yet he ended up dieing for love. So i'm not sure what catergary the film falls into chic fick, horror or romance.any who, dvd has been around for ages in the uk, but it is for sale on amazon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.