Odin vs. Thanos H2H

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
How would Odin fare if Thanos were to fight with him in hand to hand only? No energy blast of any kind.

tkitna
He would lose. Odin would still beat him.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by tkitna
He would lose. Odin would still beat him.

How? Thanos is far far stronger than Odin from what I remember.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
How? Thanos is far far stronger than Odin from what I remember.

They both amp themselves with their power though. Either one could be stronger than the other at any given point, so it's kinda moot.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by DigiMark007
They both amp themselves with their power though. Either one could be stronger than the other at any given point, so it's kinda moot.

yeah but I'm going off of them not using any of that. They are just using thier power that they are starting out with. Who would win.

DigiMark007
yeah but I'm going off of them not using any of that. They are just using thier power that they are starting out with. Who would win.

Oh. In that case, no clue. Thanos did apprently train Gamora though....

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Oh. In that case, no clue. Thanos did apprently train Gamora though....

Does Odin do much hand to hand fighting? How strong is he? I thought Thor was stonger than Odin. that is why Odin wanted a kid with Geae so his kid could be physically superior to him.

golem370
Like 90 tons http://www.marveldatabase.com/index.php?title=Odin&redirect=no

Jebus reborn
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/6320/thor45513mk2.th.jpg
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/5892/thor45514ux9.th.jpg

tkitna
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/6320/thor45513mk2.th.jpg
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/5892/thor45514ux9.th.jpg

I'm confused from these scans. Are these supposed to mean that Thor is physically superior to Odin because he smacked an Odin that was possessed by loki with his Hammer? I'm just wondering.

panthergod
Odin wins 8/10.

Symmetric Chaos
I'm confused from these scans. Are these supposed to mean that Thor is physically superior to Odin because he smacked an Odin that was possessed by loki with his Hammer? I'm just wondering.

At base levels Thor is Odin's physical superior.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
At base levels Thor is Odin's physical superior.

Amd Thanos is Thor's Physical superior.

illadelph12
If neither are allowed to amp using cosmic energy/magic and just have to through down with what they have I'd give the nod to Thanos because he has physical augmentations that put him at a far higher base strength and his fighting ability h2h should be greater (assuming that Odin can't use Godspeed either).

In a purely physical fight, no amping, no powers, base physical characteristics, I'd take Thanos. He's more durable than an un-amped Asgardian.

With powers it's Odin every day of the week.

Jebus reborn
I'm confused from these scans. Are these supposed to mean that Thor is physically superior to Odin because he smacked an Odin that was possessed by loki with his Hammer? I'm just wondering. Just that Masterson was able to put Odin down.

It was all of Odin's powers, just that Loki was controlling his body.
Same durability, same strength, etc.
Also, I don't really believe that Thor is stronger than Odin, since that same Odin, had beaten the bejeebers out of Thor earlier (although he did use Thor's hammer).

If Odin amps himself up though (like when he fights Surtur), Thanos is going down.

tkitna
Ok, I guess if its just base level strength and its only H2H, Thanos probably wins then.

norrinradd43
hand to hand only Odin owns Thanos

King Kandy
With absolutely no amping Odin is only Average Asgardian in strength... And Thanos minus amping isn't all that either, but I think he could beat guys like Hogun without amping so he wins.

guy222
How would Odin fare if Thanos were to fight with him in hand to hand only? No energy blast of any kind.

odin

golem370
When Thanos died Death gave the same powers he had with tech upgrades without having to use the upgrades. Thanos is the most powerful Eternal as far strength even stronger then Forgotten One who is on Thor's and Hercules' level of strength.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by King Kandy
With absolutely no amping Odin is only Average Asgardian in strength... And Thanos minus amping isn't all that either, but I think he could beat guys like Hogun without amping so he wins. How often exactly does Thanos amp up?

Thanos without amping, is at the level he was, when he fought Tyrant...

Endless Mike
He amped himself up in Celestial Quest before taking on the Rot

King Kandy
Whenever you see energy surrounding his fists, he's amped... As in, getting a bigger punch through the use of energy powers... That's what nvr Specified.

Also, Thanos had Morgs powers when he fought Tyrant... That's definatly amped.

Jebus reborn
Whenever you see energy surrounding his fists, he's amped... As in, getting a bigger punch through the use of energy powers... That's what nvr Specified.

Also, Thanos had Morgs powers when he fought Tyrant... That's definatly amped. He's amping his punches, not his strength.

And probably more than just Morg's power, considering Tyrant used those orbs to house power.

Also, funny, because Thanos later hooked himself up to a machine, and took the power from the orb.
So, whatever Thanos did in that battle, later became his permanent power.
That's why I'll use it, at every opportunity. yes

King Kandy
...Amping your punches increases their power.... It increases the strength of your blows, I.E. a strength increase...

This is just there strength with no enhancements. Thanos cosmically amps his power in almost every battle. In his clone fight, he amps his whole body.

Knighted Steel
In Thor 434,Thor 2(strong enough to lock up with class 100 Gladiator) fought an Odin powered Heimdall(usual class 50.) Heimdall certainly seemed well more than usual,physically.

Odin,while poisoned no less,one punch ko'ed Ulik(when has Thor done this?) (See Volume 2,#25 for this.)

I'd happily post scans of both,but it seems that's impossible given no post count.

Odin is not just a typical Asgardian.Typical male Asgardians are class 30.Typical females,class 25.

Endless Mike
Odin is not just a typical Asgardian.Typical male Asgardians are class 30.Typical females,class 25.

That's sexist

Wally West
Also, Thanos had Morgs powers when he fought Tyrant... That's definatly amped. He didn't absorb the power of the orb into himself or anything, he just used the orb for a couple of blasts and punches, and it wasn't even all of Morg's power, just a fraction.

Thanos is very strong without any amping, I don't recall any energy or anything surrounding his body or hands when he almost smashed Thing and Hulk's skulls together.

boriquaking55
It's alarming how misinformed some people are here. Odin is only officially class 75-90 without amping - and that's been verified lot's of times. As far as I'm concerned they're not allowed to amp. In addition, Thanos trained the most dangerous martial artist in the Marvel Universe. He is very skilled in h2h combat, probably more so than Odin since he has studied different forms of combat from throughout the universe. Odin never showed impressive fighting ability in that respect.

Actually in pure h2h Thanos has seemingly too many advantages, I can't think of any reason why he should lose.

THANOS gets Killed in a normal battle, that goes without saying

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by boriquaking55
I can't think of any reason why he should lose.

Because Odin is a god?

Oh wait, that's right...

Cosmic beings >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gods

no expression

boriquaking55
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Because Odin is a god?

Oh wait, that's right...

Cosmic beings >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gods

no expression

well I fail to see what their titles have to do with anything? I thought this was without amping anyways.

Edit: Also, if it's like that, there are tons of cosmic beings that are >>>>any gods/skyfathers.

So, what, now Odin is above Celestials since he's a "god"? Awesome logic

Evil_Ash
well I fail to see what their titles have to do with anything? I thought this was without amping anyways.

Edit: Also, if it's like that, there are tons of cosmic beings that are >>>>any gods/skyfathers.

So, what, now Odin is above Celestials since he's a "god"? Awesome logic

That wasn't a serious comment...

Symmetric Chaos
In addition, Thanos trained the most dangerous martial artist in the Marvel Universe.

No he trained Gamora. SquirrelGirl is the most dangerous martial artist in the MU.

Actually in pure h2h Thanos has seemingly too many advantages, I can't think of any reason why he should lose.

yes

Soljer
Originally posted by Endless Mike
That's sexist

No, it's realist. no expression.

Stating a fact does not make you prejudice. Saying that females, on average, are weaker than males does NOT make you sexist. Saying that blacks, on average, score poorer on exams does NOT make you racist. Saying that whites, on average, do more poorly than Blacks in many sporting events does NOT make you racist. Saying that Jews, on average, have a larger bank account than non-jews is NOT anti-semetic.

It's simply statistics.

While certain women exist that are stronger than the average man, they are the minority. While some whites exist that can seriously compete in sporting events (and certain sporting events exist where non-blacks dominate), these are also the minority. Just like high-scoring blacks, and poor Jews. The law of averages isn't prejudice.

Anyways....

I don't see how Thanos is really going to damage Odin, and, likewise, I don't see how Odin is going to damage Thanos with nothing but his fists.

Seems awfully stalemate-y to me, even though the advantages are in Thanos' court.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Knighted Steel
In Thor 434,Thor 2(strong enough to lock up with class 100 Gladiator) fought an Odin powered Heimdall(usual class 50.) Heimdall certainly seemed well more than usual,physically.
He empowered eimdall through mysticism... That's totaly irrelevant to this fight.

Knighted Steel
He empowered eimdall through mysticism... That's totaly irrelevant to this fight.

Masterson says "I can't beat the Odin power" right after cracking Heimdall with the hammer and having him remain unmoved.

Having the Odinpower,the way Odin normally does,inherently amps one's base physical stats.Walt Simonson didn't seem to contradict such,in his lookback at Odin & his brothers in 349.

King Kandy
Yeah, exactly... This is a Odin who we are assuming is not amping himself through the Odinforce... Like how he was before he really had it. He's average Asgardian by that criteria, nothing more.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by Wally West
He didn't absorb the power of the orb into himself or anything, he just used the orb for a couple of blasts and punches, and it wasn't even all of Morg's power, just a fraction.

Thanos is very strong without any amping, I don't recall any energy or anything surrounding his body or hands when he almost smashed Thing and Hulk's skulls together. No, he later after the fight, used the orb to seemingly put power into himself.
He didn't do during the fight however.

It seemed like a lot of power though, plus, it most likely held other powers as well.

Knighted Steel
Yeah, exactly... This is a Odin who we are assuming is not amping himself through the Odinforce... Like how he was before he really had it. He's average Asgardian by that criteria, nothing more.

So Odin is class 30? Where does it state that?

King Kandy
Originally posted by Knighted Steel
So Odin is class 30? Where does it state that?
It doesn't need to be stated... It's the logical conclusion.

Knighted Steel
It doesn't need to be stated... It's the logical conclusion.

Based on what issues is it logically concluded Odin is class 30? Not Thor 349 and the story of Odin,Vili,and Ve.

Not the recent Jurgens run which has Odin one shot koing a near Thor level person.

From the terms before:

It sounds to me that what is outlawed are things like Odin specifically physically amping for the purpose of grappling with others.

King Kandy
The thing you don't get is that Odin is ALWAYS amped by the Odinforce... Without it he is far from his usual power.

Knighted Steel
Have you read the origin story related to the Three Brothers?

King Kandy
Actually no. Can you summarise it?

Knighted Steel
It's complicated and I'm going my memory,but I'll try my best.

Basically,Odin,Vili,& Ve travel to Surtur's land of Muspelheim.It's quoted that they had slain Ymir(who is certainly well above a standard class 100.) Then,it's quoted that they are the Sons of Bur,Grandsons of Buri.And,first of the immortal style Gods.One of the Brothers already demonstrates storm powers.All this,keep in mind,is before Odin gets his Brothers physicality or power.

They combined powers and engage Surtur.After a battle,Surtur's sword is broken and the brothers parted.One brother slashes Surtur's flame mount and Odin casually catches it.Then Odin,in one arm,rides off still holding the Eternal Flame inside the torch head(keep in mind this thing is seemingly larger than Odin himself.) Vili & Ve follow.Upon approaching the exit to Surtur's realm,Odin keeps riding with the flame & torch container still on him.But Vili & Ve stop.Odin looks back and the exit from the realm is gone.A moment later,Odin is now what all three brothers were prior to such.

I just never got the sense that each brother was around a class 10 there before passing on thier abilites to Odin.Nor did I see any reason to feel Odin didn't get their physicality but got everything else.And honestly,given their heritage,I didn't see a reason to think they weren't superior to normal Asgardian farmers and the like,anyway.

Knighted Steel
Ah,and also see an issue like Thor 355.Where Thor meets what turns out to be his Great Grandfather,Tiwaz.

Superiority to average Asgardians seems to run in the bloodline imo.

King Kandy
Okay, Odin minus amping is above average... But I still don't think he can take out Thanos.

redhotrash
Even if Odin is class 90+, would Thanos be that much lower in the physical strength department? Also It seems to be a trend here to get too hung up on sheer power alone. Look at the Superman vs Thanos H2H threads, rather than focusing on the fact that Thanos has trained in a variety of fighting styles from different parts of the cosmos, everyone was hung up on sheer power alone.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by redhotrash
Even if Odin is class 90+, would Thanos be that much lower in the physical strength department? Also It seems to be a trend here to get too hung up on sheer power alone. Look at the Superman vs Thanos H2H threads, rather than focusing on the fact that Thanos has trained in a variety of fighting styles from different parts of the cosmos, everyone was hung up on sheer power alone.
Scan of Thanos doing some difficult martial arts stuff ? Issue number ?

golem370
Thanos spent 80 years going to the worst places in the universe to hon his skills

Martian_mind
Odin has gone H2H with Thpor and one...but it was stated that Thor held back.

In another issue Loki made Thor evil and Tjor damn near put Odin on his ass in a physical confrontation.

there is lotsa conflicting history in regards to Odins H2H.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Scan of Thanos doing some difficult martial arts stuff ? Issue number ?
What makes you think that martial arts are the only fighting styles in the Universe? Thanos uses a fighting style that's suited to his physicality and powers. His fighting like Gamora or Iron Fist would be stupid because he's built differently than they are, and it would look as silly as Hulk Hogan fighting like a luchador. There have been highly skilled wrestlers, boxers, etc. for thousands of years now, and the fact that they didn't do a lot of fancy flips and such doesn't take away from that skill.

You ever watch UFC? If not, take a look and you'll see that the ones who really excel are the ones with superior grappling skills, NOT the ones that like to stand up and fight it out Karate Kid style(I'm talking movie KK, not comic).

Martian_mind
Thanos wiull win with no amping alowed...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by darthgoober
What makes you think that martial arts are the only fighting styles in the Universe? Thanos uses a fighting style that's suited to his physicality and powers. His fighting like Gamora or Iron Fist would be stupid because he's built differently than they are, and it would look as silly as Hulk Hogan fighting like a luchador. There have been highly skilled wrestlers, boxers, etc. for thousands of years now, and the fact that they didn't do a lot of fancy flips and such doesn't take away from that skill.

You ever watch UFC? If not, take a look and you'll see that the ones who really excel are the ones with superior grappling skills, NOT the ones that like to stand up and fight it out Karate Kid style(I'm talking movie KK, not comic).

All fighting except street brawling and being spastic is considered a MartialArt. Of the H2H fights I've seen Thanos in though I've only seen boxing or wrestling style movements.

Kid Kurdy

That's all nice, but until now, I still haven't seen one move of Thanos that made me think : wow, cool.

Not one. Based on his fights on panel, he could very well be the worst fighter ever. In most cases, he just stands there, and once in a while he uses his fists - just some ordinary punches, nothing fancy.

So again, why does everybody assume he's this amazing fighter ?

quanchi112
That's all nice, but until now, I still haven't seen one move of Thanos that made me think : wow, cool.

Not one. Based on his fights on panel, he could very well be the worst fighter ever. In most cases, he just stands there, and once in a while he uses his fists - just some ordinary punches, nothing fancy.

So again, why does everybody assume he's this amazing fighter ? how isnt he an amazing fighter. he trainderd gamora take on tyrant for shits and giggles and hangs with odin. how with everything thanos has done can someone actually say whats so special about him. eek!

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by quanchi112
how isnt he an amazing fighter. he trainderd gamora take on tyrant for shits and giggles and hangs with odin. how with everything thanos has done can someone actually say whats so special about him.
I said it before and I'll say it again : you - really - have reading problems.

I was very clearly talking about his so-called fighting skills. The fact that he survived Tyrant and Odin has nothing to do with his fighting skills, but everything with his amazing durability and his control over his molecules.

Juntai
I said it before and I'll say it again : you - really - have reading problems.

I was very clearly talking about his so-called fighting skills. The fact that he survived Tyrant and Odin has nothing to do with his fighting skills, but everything with his amazing durability and his control over his molecules. I thought his surviving tyrant was more a testament to grabbing the goods and teleporting away.

Kid Kurdy
Also true.

darthgoober

So again, why does everybody assume he's this amazing fighter ?
Why does he NEED to do anything fancy? Wolverine is one of the best fighters in Marvel but his strategy is pretty much always to dive in head first and start slashing away with his claws. It's a cannon fact that Champion knows virtually every fighting style in the Universe, but you never really see that much from him, and Thanos strait up EMBARRASSED that guy h2h.

Symmetric Chaos
Why does he NEED to do anything fancy? Wolverine is one of the best fighters in Marvel but his strategy is pretty much always to dive in head first and start slashing away with his claws. It's a cannon fact that Champion knows virtually every fighting style in the Universe, but you never really see that much from him, and Thanos strait up EMBARRASSED that guy h2h.

I don't think putting up a shield and convincing your opponent to destroy the planet counts as a H2H fight (especially when Thanos noted that Champion was similar to Hulk and that he didn't really want a physical confrontation with either)

darthgoober
All fighting except street brawling and being spastic is considered a MartialArt. Of the H2H fights I've seen Thanos in though I've only seen boxing or wrestling style movements.
But how many have you seen that he NEEDED anything more than Boxing/Wrestling style moves?

Symmetric Chaos
But how many have you seen that he NEEDED anything more than Boxing/Wrestling style moves?

Would have been nice when he fought Gamora.

darthgoober
I don't think putting up a shield and convincing your opponent to destroy the planet counts as a H2H fight (especially when Thanos noted that Champion was similar to Hulk and that he didn't really want a physical confrontation with either)
I meant before then. It would be one thing if Champion had managed to land a hit BEFORE Thanos stonewalled him with a forcefield, but Champion didn't land a single punch the ENTIRE encounter....
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/7537/thanosquest125gz5.th.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/733/thanosquest126ej8.th.jpg
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/738/thanosquest127bl4.th.jpg
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3599/thanosquest128rv3.th.jpg
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9971/thanosquest129bc7.th.jpg
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1866/thanosquest130so9.th.jpg

darthgoober
Would have been nice when he fought Gamora.
Nice....yes. Needed....obviously not.

Kid Kurdy
Why does he NEED to do anything fancy?
True, Thanos doesn't need no special fighting skills, he's powerful enough as it is.

But that's not the question. The question is : how much of a hand to hand fighter is Thanos ? How are his fighting skills ?

Based on what I saw : nothing special.

darthgoober
True, Thanos doesn't need no special fighting skills, he's powerful enough as it is.

But that's not the question. The question is : how much of a hand to hand fighter is Thanos ? How are his fighting skills ?

Based on what I saw : nothing special.
He's impressive enough that the Champion couldn't land a single punch.

Juntai
He's impressive enough that the Champion couldn't land a single punch. I don't think Champion landed a single punch on She Hulk either, however.

Kid Kurdy
He's impressive enough that the Champion couldn't land a single punch.
Get real. Half of the fight he was hiding behind his force fields, the second half he dodged a few punches.

Now be serious, that's NOT some amazing fighting skill. That's just dodging erm

First lesson of every super hero : learn to dodge. I think an average super hero (or villain) has dodged at least hundreds of punches.

Thanos only in one fight. All together now : WOW !

darthgoober
Originally posted by Juntai
I don't think Champion landed a single punch on She Hulk either, however.
I don't really remember, but that entire story's pretty messed so I don't know how seriously it should be taken. But if I HAD to accept it, I guess I could justify it because...

A. She Hulk's trained with Captain America.
B. She had special training FOR that match.
C. That was a boxing match, not a fight.

darthgoober
Get real. Half of the fight he was hiding behind his force fields, the second half he dodged a few punches.

Now be serious, that's NOT some amazing fighting skill. That's just dodging erm

First lesson of every super hero : learn to dodge. I think an average super hero (or villain) has dodged at least hundreds of punches.

Thanos only in one fight. All together now : WOW !
Actually, he fought first and then put up the forcefield(that's why the forcefield goes up in the last panel of the last scan I posted). And let's face it, what do you really NEED in a fight besides dodging and punching? If you're good at those things, then you're a good fighter.

Kid Kurdy
By that logic, Spider-Man can be considered as one of the best fighters ever : he hits hard and fast, and is an excellent dodger.

But still, he isn't one of the best fighters however...

darthgoober
By that logic, Spider-Man can be considered as one of the best fighters ever : he hits hard and fast, and is an excellent dodger.

But still, he isn't one of the best fighters however...
Does Spidey dodge through a Spidersense and Uber agility or does he dodge through skill?

Kid Kurdy
His skill is based upon his reflexes, agility, spider sense and experience.

Nice try though wink

darthgoober
His skill is based upon his reflexes, agility, spider sense and experience.

Nice try though wink
See the Spidersense is what kills it for him. When you have a form of pre-cog, it really makes things like dodging easier.

However, if you're going to just factor ALL those things into Spideys fighting style then Spidey IS a highly skilled fighter because he's VERY adept at his fighting style. With his abilities he's able to go toe to toe with the greatest martial artist on the planet and walk away with the majority. So if all those things you listed are PART of his skill, then you have to admit that he is in fact, a VERY skilled fighter wink .

Kid Kurdy
If you're saying that Spider-Man is a way better fighter than Thanos, I couldn't agree more.

After all, we've all seen Spider-Man in action lots and lots of times, and we can judge his fighting style. We can not say the same about Thanos.

darthgoober
If you're saying that Spider-Man is a way better fighter than Thanos, I couldn't agree more.

After all, we've all seen Spider-Man in action lots and lots of times, and we can judge his fighting style. We can not say the same about Thanos.
Hey if everything Spidey's got going for him is counted as skilled, then he's arguably the most skilled person on Earth. He should take the logical majority against everyone from guys like Iron Fist, Daredevil, and Captain America all of whom are regarded as being the top martial artist on the planet. So what's your point anyway? That Thanos isn't as skilled as the most skilled person on the planet? I never said that Thanos WAS a better fighter than everyone on Earth, I pointed out that he DOES have combat skills because you were acting like he was a dunce when it came to h2h combat which is obviously not true because the Champion(who knows pretty much every fighting style in the Universe) couldn't land a hit on him.

Kid Kurdy
Hey if everything Spidey's got going for him is counted as skilled, then he's arguably the most skilled person on Earth. He should take the logical majority against everyone from guys like Iron Fist, Daredevil, and Captain America all of whom are regarded as being the top martial artist on the planet. So what's your point anyway? That Thanos isn't as skilled as the most skilled person on the planet? I never said that Thanos WAS a better fighter than everyone on Earth, I pointed out that he DOES have combat skills because you were acting like he was a dunce when it came to h2h combat which is obviously not true because the Champion(who knows pretty much every fighting style in the Universe) couldn't land a hit on him.
I agree with most of your post, except the Champion part.

Champion is an idiot. He talks like an idiot, acts like an idiot and fights like an idiot. He's just lucky he's big, strong and tough.

Self proclaimed Champion of the Universe ? Must have been a pretty lame universe.

Jebus reborn

Also, Thanos had Morgs powers when he fought Tyrant... That's definatly amped. Also...

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4590/85157929fi8.th.jpg
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7290/99415456lx9.th.jpg

TricksterPriest

BS. Thanos trained Gamora, and she's more skilled than anyone on Earth. And if you see their fight, it's obvious that he's just as skilled as she is, if not more.

And Champion was bumped down to 2nd tier martial artist in the ranking thread. That's below Batman, Wolverine and Iron Fist. wink

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
BS. Thanos trained Gamora, and she's more skilled than anyone on Earth. And if you see their fight, it's obvious that he's just as skilled as she is, if not more.

Wut? His fighting style consisted of seting his hands on fire and making large slow punches.

llagrok
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

And Champion was bumped down to 2nd tier martial artist in the ranking thread. That's below Batman, Wolverine and Iron Fist. wink

How many times has Thanos displayed ACTUAL skill? I mostly see him using basic punches and kicks.

darthgoober
Originally posted by llagrok
How many times has Thanos displayed ACTUAL skill? I mostly see him using basic punches and kicks.
It's not the QUANTITY of skill you use, it's the QUALITY.

llagrok
It's not the QUANTITY of skill you use, it's the QUALITY.

It should still be more than twice.

darthgoober
It should still be more than twice.
How many instances can you think of that Thanos actually NEEDED to use any real skill? He's got more than enough durability to take even the high ended herald level heroes best hits without missing a beat, and they've been his primary opponents so why should he jump around dodging like they're any kind of real threat?

King Kandy
Well what are we even arguing about? Minus amping this fight is a cakewalk for Thanos.

Kid Kurdy
That's what I've been saying for a long time. I'm not arguing he does not possess some decent fighting skills, but we have never seen them.

redhotrash
You dont see Thanos fight for the same reason you dont see Dr. Doom fight, its just not in his character. When he has gone to h2h he has generally either beaten or held to a draw some of the best fighters out there. When you can fire blasts from your hands that are capable of knocking Galactus down, a knuckle sandwich generally isnt your first line of attack.
On a side note, Dr. Doom proved to be a pretty damn impressive hand to hand fighter, so dont count something out simply because they dont do it every appearance.

Kid Kurdy
Some people just don't get it. The question is : Does Thanos possess decent fighting skills, and if yes, where can we see Thanos using these fighting skills.

The fact that Thanos doesn't really need fighting skills, has nothing to do with this question.

Evil_Ash
Some people just don't get it. The question is : Does Thanos possess decent fighting skills, and if yes, where can we see Thanos using these fighting skills.

Well, it's possible that while he does possess knowledge of fighting skills, he's just incapable of performing them himself due to his heavy physical build.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.