Thanos vs. Superman h2h and Speed only

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
No tech, or blast, or TVo. Superman is going all out at his lvls he was when he " beat" DS. Could thanos win?

golem370
He is an awesome fighter has incredible durability and has gone toe to toe with Warrior Madness Thor who was said to be 12 stronger then normal. He defeated the most dangerous mercenary army in Marvel Universe by himself.

Jebus reborn
Been done, twice before.

Soljer
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Been done, twice before.

With the same result, too.

panthergod
Stalemate. superior Speed balances out superior durabililty.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by panthergod
Stalemate. superior Speed balances out superior durabililty.

Is Thanos more durable than Superman? What is thanos best Durability feats? What are Superman's?

illadelph12
Do either get to use their energy granted strength and/or amp, or just base level sans any energy?

panthergod
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Is Thanos more durable than Superman? What is thanos best Durability feats? What are Superman's?
Thanos withstood Odin blasts and blasts from Tyrant, has withstood huge light-year spanning black holes, Mjolnir has bounced off him etc.

golem370
He took a blast from Maker that left a huge crater in the ground he took blasts from Galactus

charlemagne9746
Superman is definitely faster...maybe stronger since Superman has more on panel strength feats. Thanos has more skill. could go either way...but just hand to hand and speed wise....Superman takes it, IMO.

hush
if he can put him in the SW he wins if not Thanos kills him.

charlemagne9746
Thanos isn't even in Darkseid's league physcially...so, Supes can do it without the Source Wall

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Thanos isn't even in Darkseid's league physcially...so, Supes can do it without the Source Wall Oh, I thought he was talking about Secret Wars...

hush
Thanos isn't even in Darkseid's league physcially...so, Supes can do it without the Source Wall

yes but superman is not in Thanos league physcially so i dont see how he wins without the Source Wall.

hush
Oh, I thought he was talking about Secret Wars...

if superman can put him in Secret Wars he wins Happy Dance .

charlemagne9746
I'm sure Thanos can be KO'd

darthgoober
I'm sure Thanos can be KO'd
When was the last time you saw it(not counting SG, cause she's a damn abstract)?

Jebus reborn
I'm sure Thanos can be KO'd I think it's only happened twice...
Once against Thor who had the Odin Force, and the Belt of Strength, and a bunch of weapons (which was a clone of Thanos anyway), and Squirrel Girl (which really says nothing, unless anyone actually believes Superman is in SG's level).
So, basically once I guess...

Umm ya...

King Kandy
Thanos's durability is higher then just about anyones.

His strength is higher then just about anyones.

His speed... Eh, it's not his point of fame.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King Kandy
Thanos's durability is higher then just about anyones.

His strength is higher then just about anyones.

His speed... Eh, it's not his point of fame.

I dont' think so.

Despero is likely Stronger than Thanos

The General Seems to be stronger and more durable.

I think Captain marvel and Black Adam may be more durable than Thanos.

SBP for sure is Stronger than Thanos.

I'd Wager Doomsday can get stronger and more durable.

mangog is stronger from the looks of it.

CLassic Juggs is more Durable.

That is just off top of my head.

Avalonofthewind
To answer the question...of course Thanos could win.

Unfortunately for him. This is Superman's Forte' where he usually dominates.

If Thanos pulls off the win..he'll have to really work for it.

hush
I think it's only happened twice...
Once against Thor who had the Odin Force, and the Belt of Strength, and a bunch of weapons (which was a clone of Thanos anyway),

do you have or know of a list of comics the clones of Thanos r in?

King Kandy
I dont' think so.

I agree on everything except Black Adam and Captain Marvel.

I never said he was the strongest and most durable, just that he is VERY top class in both.

Soljer
I agree on everything except Black Adam and Captain Marvel.

I never said he was the strongest and most durable, just that he is VERY top class in both.

Yeah....

Billy and Teth? No.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by hush
do you have or know of a list of comics the clones of Thanos r in? I'll look through my comics here...
Iron Man #55.
Silver Surfer V3 #38.
Ka-Zar Annual.
Ka-Zar #4-11.
Thor V2 21-25.
Thor Annual - 2000.
Supposedly Avengers Quest, but it really doesn't add up, one bit. Considering Thanos said that it failed, which it didn't. He also didn't directly refer to the comic, so meh, take it as you will.
Infinity Abyss.
She-Hulk #13.

I think that's all of them...

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
Yeah....

Billy and Teth? No.

Billy>>>Thanos. erm

King Kandy
Iron Man #55.
Robot, not a clone.

King Kandy
Originally posted by batdude123
Billy>>>Thanos. erm
sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick

Jebus reborn
Robot, not a clone. Which struck a striking resemblance to Thanos...
Also, a clone can be a robot, ya know...

batdude123
sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick

What?

King Kandy
Cap. Marvel>Thanos?

No F*cking way.

batdude123
Cap. Marvel>Thanos?

No F*cking way.

I didn't say which Billy. shifty

Skeets
Cap. Marvel>Thanos?

No F*cking way.
Current Billy,yes.
Regular Capt.Marvel.**** no.

Jebus reborn
I didn't say which Billy. shifty Within the Rock of Eternity?

King Kandy
Oh yeah, I forgot Billy is Shazam now... But I think he might still have a tough time against Thanos.

batdude123
With him being Shazam and everything.

King Kandy
Well Shazam isn't over Odin so he might still have a tricky time.

batdude123
Oh yeah, I forgot Billy is Shazam now... But I think he might still have a tough time against Thanos.

Naaaaaaaaaah.

batdude123
Well Shazam isn't over Odin so he might still have a tricky time.

He's not exactly under Odin either. They're virtual equals.

Jebus reborn
With him being Shazam and everything. Well duh!

Skeets
He's not exactly under Odin either. They're virtual equals.
Odin owns em.As would Hulk...etc.

batdude123
Originally posted by Skeets
Odin owns em.As would Hulk...etc.

In that case, Superman owns him as well.

King Kandy
Well, Odin has had far longer to practice with the OdinForce then Billy has with Shazam's powers, so I'm not sure their equals in that department, and Thanos at least had Odin a little bit peaved.

batdude123
Well, Odin has had far longer to practice with the OdinForce then Billy has with Shazam's powers, so I'm not sure their equals in that department, and Thanos at least had Odin a little bit peaved.

Right... but you don't exactly have to have the experience of Odin to beat Thanos.

Jebus reborn
Right... but you don't exactly have to have the experience of Odin to beat Thanos. Even then Odin didn't beat him...
shifty

Time to live up to my label as a Thanos fanboy, as I've been called... evil face
Imma be the TricksterPriest of Thanos.

King Kandy
Well you act as if Odin curbstomped Thanos, he just wore him down over a period of time, and I'm not sure the inexperienced Billy could do as well as Odin. Not that he wouldn't win, but he'd have to work for it.

King Kandy
Even then Odin didn't beat him...
shifty

Time to live up to my label as a Thanos fanboy, as I've been called... evil face
Well then it's time for me to turn into my alter ego of "The Sentry Fanboy".

Sentry is above Thanos level.

Jebus reborn
Well then it's time for me to turn into my alter ego of "The Sentry Fanboy".

Sentry is above Thanos level. Nah.
Thanos stomped someone with limitless might, who left unchecked, could annihilate the universe.

Sentry got beatz by Super Adaptoid... twice!

King Kandy
Nah.
Thanos stomped someone with limitless might, who left unchecked, could annihilate the universe.

Sentry got beatz by Super Adaptoid... twice!
None of that happened the way you describe it.

quanchi112
thanos is to muchin hand to hand for supes. he crushes the surfer all the time everytime. the reason darkseid lost is he isnt all that in hand to hand. he avoids it at all cost. he uses his powers or sends a minion in their to do it. thanos wins this.

Jebus reborn
None of that happened the way you describe it. Sentry owned.
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/4758/untitledscanned1111wq0.th.jpg http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3990/untitledscanned1210ol6.th.jpg

Twice!
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/6475/untitledscanned1712ej3.th.jpg http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/573/sentownediq9.th.jpg

And...
http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/8302/t0819as9.th.jpg

Not my fault you won't accept it.
Why don't you email the writers, and whine to them?

batdude123
Well you act as if Odin curbstomped Thanos, he just wore him down over a period of time, and I'm not sure the inexperienced Billy could do as well as Odin. Not that he wouldn't win, but he'd have to work for it.

Billy couldn't keep blasting Thanos like Odin did in their fight? And yes, it was a fantastic feat for Thanos, but Jesus I consider that more of a low end showing for Odin than the other way around... IMO.

quanchi112
Billy couldn't keep blasting Thanos like Odin did in their fight? And yes, it was a fantastic feat for Thanos, but Jesus I consider that more of a low end showing for Odin than the other way around... IMO. what about thanos hanging with tyrant. lemme guess its crap feat for tyrant. and u dont want to give thanos his due respect.

batdude123
Originally posted by quanchi112
what about thanos hanging with tyrant. lemme guess its crap feat for tyrant. and u dont want to give thanos his due respect.

Let me put it this way, if we used the Odin vs. Thanos fight as gospel, then Odin is >= Thanos.

Which isn't exactly true.

And Tyrant was depowered.

Oh... and I almost forgot... shut the f*ck up.

Jebus reborn
Billy couldn't keep blasting Thanos like Odin did in their fight? And yes, it was a fantastic feat for Thanos, but Jesus I consider that more of a low end showing for Odin than the other way around... IMO. It's pronounced "Jebus", not "Jesus", but I guess for you, I'll make an exception...

I really don't consider either.
Since, Odin doesn't really have too much in his history to prove it pis to him, no matter how many people want to believe this.

batdude123
I really don't consider either.
Since, Odin doesn't really have too much in his history to prove it pis to him, no matter how many people want to believe this.

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Jebus reborn
Let me put it this way, if we used the Odin vs. Thanos fight as gospel, then Odin is >= Thanos.

Oh... and I almost forgot... shut the f*ck up. Hardly.
Since Odin affected Thanos in almost every shot, while Thanos only made Odin block one attack...

Tyrant was depowered in practically all his appearances.

Jebus reborn
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Like what?
Him destroying galaxies, which, kind of contradicts Odin's history...
Him fighting across the universe in seconds, which speaks for itself...

No really, I kind of want to know what makes it pis for Odin.

batdude123
Hardly.
Since Odin affected Thanos in almost every shot, while Thanos only made Odin block one attack...

Tyrant was depowered in practically all his appearances.

Odin also needed to bring in his staff for the fight as well. Besides, the blasts didn't really start to take a real toll on him until the end of their battle.

quanchi112
Hardly.

Tyrant was depowered in practically all his appearances. so when tyrant had galactus on the ropes i think in silver surfer 109 or 110 was that luck.. or was he that damn powerful. he was he owned powerful people. he made gaalctus bleed and sufer could feel gaalctus fear as tyrant was going to kill him. he was afriad for his life. tyrant is a badass. more so than odin. the only reason tyrant didnt win was becuz morg showed up with un.

quanchi112

Oh... and I almost forgot... shut the f*ck up. same result to u. depowered he was beating galactus ass and hurting him. galactus felt fear and ate a planet right bewfore the fight which amped him up while it decreased tyrant. tyrant depowered is bad ass.

Jebus reborn
Odin also needed to bring in his staff for the fight as well. Besides, the blasts didn't really start to take a real toll on him until the end of their battle. So, you're going to tell me how powerful Odin's blasts are, without Gungir... right?

Hell, the only thing that really goes against his fight with Thanos was when he fought Surtur... and that also happens to be when he amped himself up to his proportions.
Killed himself, twice.
And trapped him in a planet.

He fought regularly against Thanos.

Until he pulled out Gungir to take him out quickly, which only had two hits from it, and the fight was stopped.

TricksterPriest
same result to u. depowered he was beating galactus ass and hurting him. galactus felt fear and ate a planet right bewfore the fight which amped him up while it decreased tyrant. tyrant depowered is bad ass.

Tyrant jacked Galactus's tech as I recall. So that's really stupid on Galactus's part, and you have to wonder if he could have done anything to counter it. I mean, god damn, it's his own ****ing tech. sad You'd think he'd have safe-guards.

Nevertheless, it's a good feat for Tyrant, but let's not kid ourselves. Galactus would wipe the floor with Depowered Tyrant.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Tyrant jacked Galactus's tech as I recall. So that's really stupid on Galactus's part, and you have to wonder if he could have done anything to counter it. I mean, god damn, it's his own ****ing tech. sad You'd think he'd have safe-guards.

Nevertheless, it's a good feat for Tyrant, but let's not kid ourselves. Galactus would wipe the floor with Depowered Tyrant. Galactus also hit Tyrant a few times as well...

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Nevertheless, it's a good feat for Tyrant, but let's not kid ourselves. Galactus would wipe the floor with Depowered Tyrant. lets see they met twice and while i agree galactus is more powerful tyrant could take him. first time they met tyrant stared him down and said i want morg leave. gaalctus left. second time he made gaalctus bleed and fear him. he was messing up old g boy when he just had himself a fliet mignon planet. tyrant can hang with galactus they fought and it was back and forth and i say if it woul dhave continued tyrant would have won.

batdude123
So, you're going to tell me how powerful Odin's blasts are, without Gungir... right?

Hell, the only thing that really goes against his fight with Thanos was when he fought Surtur... and that also happens to be when he amped himself up to his proportions.
Killed himself, twice.
And trapped him in a planet.

He fought regularly against Thanos.

Until he pulled out Gungir to take him out quickly, which only had two hits from it, and the fight was stopped.

I don't even know what your point is, here.

batdude123
Like what?
Him destroying galaxies, which, kind of contradicts Odin's history...
Him fighting across the universe in seconds, which speaks for itself...

No really, I kind of want to know what makes it pis for Odin.

Defeating Surtur, creating galaxies, and creating stars as a side effect of his battle with a character (forget who).

Jebus reborn
I don't even know what your point is, here. That, Odin's only feats to contradict the Thanos fight, is when he goes all out/kills himself, or uses powers that he rarely uses in fights.

Jebus reborn
Defeating Surtur, creating galaxies, and creating stars as a side effect of his battle with a character (forget who). Ya, and I adressed the Surtur fight.

The galaxy (solar system) feat, seems more like that was just an illusion cooked up through the Odin Force/Odin to show King Thor how to use his powers.

He created stars, when he traveled the universe, and back in seconds...no expression
Also, that was like Hosung or something, I forget his name, and the issue.

batdude123
That, Odin's only feats to contradict the Thanos fight, is when he goes all out/kills himself, or uses powers that he rarely uses in fights.

Most people try to use that fight when saying Thanos is close to Odin level. All I'm saying is... "bullshit." It was a good feat for Thanos, but Odin just blasting him doesn't exactly mean Thanos is close in power.

Jebus reborn
Most people try to use that fight when saying Thanos is close to Odin level. All I'm saying is... "bullshit." It was a good feat for Thanos, but Odin just blasting him doesn't exactly mean Thanos is close in power. Ya, but the thing is... I don't care.

I'm just saying, nothing about the fight was pis, and I keep trying to get reasons why people just write it off as such.
Plus, if people actually read the fight, they can see who is at what level...

batdude123
Ya, and I adressed the Surtur fight.

The galaxy (solar system) feat, seems more like that was just an illusion cooked up through the Odin Force/Odin to show King Thor how to use his powers.

He created stars, when he traveled the universe, and back in seconds...no expression
Also, that was like Hosung or something, I forget his name, and the issue.

Hosung, yes... thank you. Impressive feat, eh ya bastard? flirt

Point is, Odin>>>Thanos.

Jebus reborn
Hosung, yes... thank you. Impressive feat, eh ya bastard? flirt

Point is, Odin>>>Thanos. Of corrus, of corrus.

Also, that was Thanos before he was upgraded... shifty

batdude123
Ya, but the thing is... I don't care.

I'm just saying, nothing about the fight was pis, and I keep trying to get reasons why people just write it off as such.
Plus, if people actually read the fight, they can see who is at what level...

I never said it was PIS... maybe a little bit of CIS though. Me saying it was a low showing for Odin doesn't mean I think of it as PIS.

If the fight kept on going, Odin would have put him down for the count.

batdude123
Of corrus, of corrus.

Also, that was Thanos before he was upgraded... shifty

Was the Blood and Thunder arc really before 1990? Well good for him I say.

Jebus reborn
I never said it was PIS... maybe a little bit of CIS though. Me saying it was a low showing for Odin doesn't mean I think of it as PIS.

If the fight kept on going, Odin would have put him down for the count. I'm not saying differently though.
Just that Thanos took his blasts, and the fight wasn't really a low showing.

You want a low showing?
Odin (with Loki controlling him, but it's still Odin) got KO'ed by Masterson Thor.

batdude123
I'm not saying differently though.
Just that Thanos took his blasts, and the fight wasn't really a low showing.

You want a low showing?
Odin (with Loki controlling him, but it's still Odin) got KO'ed by Masterson Thor.

And him having trouble dealing with Absorbing Man. shocklaugh

Jebus reborn
Was the Blood and Thunder arc really before 1990? Well good for him I say. Not at all sister.
It was '94.

I'm talking about the power up, that only I seem to know about... weird, because I swear I've repeated myself many a time...

Jebus reborn
And him having trouble dealing with Absorbing Man. shocklaugh He completely toyed with Absorbing Man though, and tried nothing on him, but a tiny blast, and some wind.

batdude123
Not at all sister.
It was '94.

I'm talking about the power up, that only I seem to know about... weird, because I swear I've repeated myself many a time...

He got resurrected in '90 though. huh

What "power up" are you referring to then?

batdude123
He completely toyed with Absorbing Man though, and tried nothing on him, but a tiny blast, and some wind.

Shaddup, you. miffed

Jebus reborn
He got resurrected in '90 though. huh

What "power up" are you referring to then? After his fight with Tyrant, he added the power of the bauble to his own.

So, Thanos was actually powered up in the fight with Tyrant, but he later took the orb, and increased his own power permanently with it.

Tyrant happened after Odin, so Thanos was more powerful in his fight with Tyrant, then with it in Odin.

batdude123
After his fight with Tyrant, he added the power of the bauble to his own.

So, Thanos was actually powered up in the fight with Tyrant, but he later took the orb, and increased his own power permanently with it.

Tyrant happened after Odin, so Thanos was more powerful in his fight with Tyrant, then with it in Odin.

Shit, I seem to recall that, actually...

SpunkySmurph
Bah, we all know if Odin was an old, spineless man with arthritis, he would have shoved his staff right up Thanos' ass.

Clearly being up so late is taking a toll on my post quality... going to bed now.

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Bah, we all know if Odin was an old, spineless man with arthritis, he would have shoved his staff right up Thanos' ass.

Clearly being up so late is taking a toll on my post quality... going to bed now.

...I think that's for the best.

panthergod
I dont' think so.

Wow..you really must be new to this comics thing.

Despero is NOT stronger than Thanos, in the least.

Captain Marvel and Adma are NOTHING compared to Thanos for durabililty.

Doomsday at beast is on par with Thanos physically, except durabililty, where Thanos is superior and reflexes, where DD is superior.

BobbyD
No tech, or blast, or TVo. Superman is going all out at his lvls he was when he " beat" DS. Could thanos win?

In these circumstances Clark would win, but Thanos has been dumbed down to the point where he would lose.

Juntai
Superman wins.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wow..you really must be new to this comics thing.

Despero is NOT stronger than Thanos, in the least.

Captain Marvel and Adma are NOTHING compared to Thanos for durabililty.

Doomsday at beast is on par with Thanos physically, except durabililty, where Thanos is superior and reflexes, where DD is superior.
Except we know that Captain Marvel has been turned inside out by an imperiex blast and come back unharmed. Thanos has been harmed by a black hole. And Despero Manhandles Uber Top tiers with ease. Has Thanos EVER beaten 5 or 6 top tiers at once? I know he's clobbered like Thor and Thing and Hulk and herc. But um herc and Thing isn't top tier, Herc is slow, and Hulk wasn't even at his angry lvls. So come again? And Doomsday I said can become superior to Thanos. Unless you want to try and pit H/P or Gog Wars doomsday against Thanos in Hand to hand. Thanos would lose. Now Stop being insulting and just say your opinion. I"m 30 and I have been reading comics since I was around 8 or 9. So I'm certainly not new.

Soljer
Despero also gets one-shotted by Top-tiers. Have we EVER seen Thanos get one-shotted by a top-tier?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Despero also gets one-shotted by Top-tiers. Have we EVER seen Thanos get one-shotted by a top-tier?

And did I say Despero was as Durable as Thanos? Next time try reading. It's fundemental to the discussion. P.S. Superman is above the Top tier. He's proven it over and over again.

And yet thanos gets one shotted by a black hole and SMOG!!

Soljer
And did I say Despero was as Durable as Thanos? Next time try reading. It's fundemental to the discussion. P.S. Superman is above the Top tier. He's proven it over and over again.

And yet thanos gets one shotted by a black hole and SMOG!!

Did I say that you did? Was I even addressing you?

Next time, try reading, try not to assume, and try not to be a douche. It's fundamental to human contact.

Also; Superman isn't above the top tier. He IS the top tier.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Did I say that you did? Was I even addressing you?

Next time, try reading, try not to assume, and try not to be a douche. It's fundamental to human contact.

Also; Superman isn't above the top tier. He IS the top tier.

Nah. Thor and Silver Surfer are the Top tiers. Wonder Woman is the top tier. Superman craps powers out of his ass and has the dynamic ability to get more powerful where as the other Top Tiers don't. The only person in DC superman hasn't proven to be stronger than is The Infinity Man. That is saying alot. And don't tell to try and not to be a douche when you know good and well you were taking a stab at me with the Despero comment becuz I took a rightly deserved stab at Thanos's much vaunted strength.

Soljer
Nah. Thor and Silver Surfer are the Top tiers. Wonder Woman is the top tier. Superman craps powers out of his ass and has the dynamic ability to get more powerful where as the other Top Tiers don't. The only person in DC superman hasn't proven to be stronger than is The Infinity Man. That is saying alot. And don't tell to try and not to be a douche when you know good and well you were taking a stab at me with the Despero comment becuz I took a rightly deserved stab at Thanos's much vaunted strength.

Did I address you? No.

Don't assume what you don't know.

Superman is barely more powerful than Thor, and is certainly not more powerful than the Silver Surfer. All three are heftily more powerful than Wonder Woman, but that's because she's not the top tier. doped.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Did I address you? No.

Superman is barely more powerful than Thor, and is certainly not more powerful than the Silver Surfer. All three are heftily more powerful than Wonder Woman, but that's because she's not the top tier. doped.

Wonder Woman is as strong as Thor. Superman is far superior to thor in raw strength. Not even a question. His feats speak for themselves. And the fact that WW constantly holds her own against Superman AND in test of strength, they both are shown together struggling or doing impossible things, and the fact that the Omac Files have her strength limit as Unknown, says that she is at least =Thor. Superman's feats put him far above Thor and Silver Surfer. So he is without a doubt above the top tier. barely more powerful is an incorrect statement based upon Feats.

Evil_Ash
Superman is barely more powerful than Thor

omg_smilie

BobbyD

I mean this nicley: SS is above Supes.

Soljer
Wonder Woman is as strong as Thor.
Nope. doped. Thor's feats make her look like a child.
Superman is far superior to thor in raw strength.
Nope. doped their feats of raw strength are comparitive.
WW at least =Thor.
laughing laughing laughing
Superman's feats put him far above Thor and Silver Surfer. So he is without a doubt above the top tier.
Except, you know, the fact that the Silver Surfer'd beat Kal-El for a majority, and Thor'd only barely lose to Clark.

Thor, the Silver Surfer, and Superman are a few of the characters who DEFINE "top-tier." Wonder Woman, the Manhunter, and their ilk are the characters who define "a step or five below the top-tier."

SpunkySmurph

BobbyD
Did I address you? No.

With all that Diana has at her disposal.....lasso, tiara, etc, she is a top tier when utilizing them. She is not to be underrated, especially physically, where she can handle "bricks" easily. She can "hang" with the most versatile of characters too being somewhat magically resistant herself.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by BobbyD
I mean this nicley: SS is above Supes.

Only in versatility. And barely then. Becuz Superman shit's powers every day. As far as power out put goes, That title would belong to Superman. When was the last time the surfer saved the omniverse? Or Beat down anyone above the top tier.

quanchi112
Wonder Woman is as strong as Thor. Superman is far superior to thor in raw strength. Not even a question. His feats speak for themselves. And the fact that WW constantly holds her own against Superman AND in test of strength, they both are shown together struggling or doing impossible things, and the fact that the Omac Files have her strength limit as Unknown, says that she is at least =Thor. Superman's feats put him far above Thor and Silver Surfer. So he is without a doubt above the top tier. barely more powerful is an incorrect statement based upon Feats. wait a minute one moment u are saying superman always winning is crap and poor writing but now it counts and hes better than silver surfer and thor. h y p o c ri t. wrong silver surfer would rock superman. only reason it will neevr happen is becuz dc wont let him lose in a crossover. just becuz he whipped darkseid s ass straight up doesnt mean hes all that.

xmarksthespot

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
What about...

In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed monster is king... vin You mean he isn't already king? ermmnone

janus77
Thanos and Superman, heart to heart?
confused

Thanos ftw (if in doubt, shout Thanos, it's the right answer 51% of the time ... :confusedsmile

BobbyD
Only in versatility.

Sadly, that's all that matters is SS and Supes were to clash.

And barely then. Becuz Superman shit's powers every day. As far as power out put goes, That title would belong to Superman. When was the last time the surfer saved the omniverse? Or Beat down anyone above the top tier.

Is a testament more to Clark's courage and heart than skill sets.erm

Look: I get that you like Superman...a lot.

Me too. smile ..is my favorite. But, you have to recognize his limitations also. wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
wait a minute one moment u are saying superman always winning is crap and poor writing but now it counts and hes better than silver surfer and thor. h y p o c ri t. wrong silver surfer would rock superman. only reason it will neevr happen is becuz dc wont let him lose in a crossover. just becuz he whipped darkseid s ass straight up doesnt mean hes all that.

UM no. Superman winning against a skyfather is poor writing and crap. Him winning against Top tiers isn't. Try reading.

Soljer
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
What about...

In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed monster is king... vin

laughing.

You're naughty.

BobbyD
Anyway, the point is the way thread is constructed Superman would take Thanos here more often than not.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Sadly, that's all that matters is SS and Supes were to clash.

Is a testament more to Clark's courage and heart than skill sets.erm

Look: I get that you like Superman...a lot.

Me too. smile ..is my favorite. But, you have to recognize his limitations also. wink

Actually Superman is a crap character and my distain for him is well known. But I know the facts when I see them. Silver Surfer and Thor are actually favorites of mine.

janus77
Anyway, the point is the way thread is constructed Superman would take Thanos here more often than not.
didn't know Superman swung that way... poor Lois no expression.

seriously though, Superman couldn't do much to Thanos, hand to hand.

panthergod
Except we know that Captain Marvel has been turned inside out by an imperiex blast and come back unharmed. Thanos has been harmed by a black hole.

A black hole the spanned lightyears.

And no, Captain Marvel never took an impriex blast. what he took was a tesseract bomb.

Your knowledge is weak.

Derpero also got hurt by a streetleeveler (Hawkman)in that same story, a page later.

Despero also gets wrecked by Top Tiers.

When has Thanos EVER been beaten by a conventional top tier, let alone a streetlevler??

Your claim that Despero is superior to Thanos is utterly baseless and without merit.

Hulk and Hercules are both top tier for strength.

HTH he would lose, not becasue he is less powerful, but becasue Doomsday is faster and has claws.

In a conventional fight, Thanos would likely take the majority.

You certainly don't act like it.

BobbyD
Originally posted by janus77
didn't know Superman swung that way... poor Lois no expression.

seriously though, Superman couldn't do much to Thanos, hand to hand.

Even if comes down to just pure raw phsycial skills? No teleportation, not energy attacks, etc, etc? confused

panthergod
Wonder Woman is as strong as Thor. Superman is far superior to thor in raw strength. Not even a question. His feats speak for themselves. And the fact that WW constantly holds her own against Superman AND in test of strength, they both are shown together struggling or doing impossible things, and the fact that the Omac Files have her strength limit as Unknown, says that she is at least =Thor. Superman's feats put him far above Thor and Silver Surfer. So he is without a doubt above the top tier. barely more powerful is an incorrect statement based upon Feats.

LOL, Wonder Woman has NEVER been equal to Thor in strength, ever, ever.

Superman is not more powerful than Thor or Surfer. He's is their peer for raw power. He is more physically capable than them(stronger, faster, etc), while they are more versatile and have a broader range of application for their power.

panthergod
wait a minute one moment u are saying superman always winning is crap and poor writing but now it counts and hes better than silver surfer and thor. h y p o c ri t. wrong silver surfer would rock superman. only reason it will neevr happen is becuz dc wont let him lose in a crossover. just becuz he whipped darkseid s ass straight up doesnt mean hes all that.
What it means is tha he's capable of beating the shit out of people who are superior to Surfer.

janus77
Even if comes down to just pure raw phsycial skills? No teleportation, not energy attacks, etc, etc? confused
Thanos took a beating from Odin without going down. I would say that's a lot more than Superman could dish out.

nvrbeenwthagirl
A black hole the spanned lightyears.

And no, Captain Marvel never took an impriex blast. what he took was a tesseract bomb.

Your knowledge is weak.

Derpero also got hurt by a streetleeveler (Hawkman)in that same story, a page later.

Despero also gets wrecked by Top Tiers.

When has Thanos EVER been beaten by a conventional top tier, let alone a streetlevler??

Your claim that Despero is superior to Thanos is utterly baseless and without merit.

Hulk and Hercules are both top tier for strength.

HTH he would lose, not becasue he is less powerful, but becasue Doomsday is faster and has claws.

In a conventional fight, Thanos would likely take the majority.

You certainly don't act like it.

You are an idiot. You don't take the time to read. Despero is Superior to Thanos in strength. Not Durability. Did you see me say durability or skill or power? Nope I just said strength. Did you see what I said about Hulk and herc? Hulk wasn't angry and herc is slow. Whereas Despero handles superfast uber strong beings at the same time. So the claim that Despero was superior to thanos came from your mouth. And know that it was a tesseract bomb. It was still from an imperiex probe. now get lost chump. he was turned inside out and that was the point.

nvrbeenwthagirl
LOL, Wonder Woman has NEVER been equal to Thor in strength, ever, ever.

Superman is not more powerful than Thor or Surfer. He's is their peer for raw power. He is more physically capable than them(stronger, faster, etc), while they are more versatile and have a broader range of application for their power.

WW is Superior to Thor in Speed, Reaction Times, Skill, Defense, and at least his equal in Strength. She has A lasso that is undefendable against and her trump power is superior to his. She is his equal in a one on one battle. Maybe not in a Wide area dmg assualt, but one on one, she woudl hold her own. And Superman is more powerful than Thor and Surfer in power output any day. Feat for feat, Superman beats them both silly.

quanchi112
thor is stronger than wonderwoman i mean come on here.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Prove it.

quanchi112
Prove it. ur the one who made the claim . show me some wonderwoman strength feats. u make these ridicuolous claims about weaker dc characters and compare them to marvel powerhouses and say the have them trumped all the time. u prove ur case. ur the one who makes these sickening biased claims.

BobbyD

Even if true, it's only marginal.......does not mean she can't handle her own against him.

quanchi112
Even if true, it's only marginal.......does not mean she can't handle her own against him. in my opinion this is how it comes down or boils down in terms of strength only
superman>thor>wonderwoman and all are realtively close.

nvrbeenwthagirl
ur the one who made the claim . show me some wonderwoman strength feats. u make these ridicuolous claims about weaker dc characters and compare them to marvel powerhouses and say the have them trumped all the time. u prove ur case. ur the one who makes these sickening biased claims.

WW broke Superman's Ribs.

SHe held half of the Spectre's Consiouness.

She Helped Two a third of the Earth's weight against The Sun's gravity.

She beat a white martian.

Held up a heavenly chariot when Jonn was getting tired.

She held up a Falling meteor with high momentum the size of Texas, with ease.

She was able to hold her own against the Doomsday Clone that was stronger than the original for a while until it got too powerful.

She was able to stalemate Captain marvel blow for blow who is =< Superman in strength and >= Durability.

She also broke out of one of quasar's constructs and Beat Herculese in the Cannon JLAvengers book.

quanchi112
thor lifting up tjhe midgard serpent is all i need to say. and what the hell braking supermans ribs. u act like thor couldnt do that. hahahha

Galvaclaw
quanchi112 is right, one zany silver age feat that hasn't ever been replicated easily supersedes all Wonder Woman's feats.

Kid Kurdy
Strength : based on feats, Superman. Thanos has no real strength feats.

Durability : based on feats, Superman. Thanos has some impressive durability feats, but so has Superman. The difference is, Superman has more durability feats. Lots more.

Fights : based on feats (and actually winning them, unlike some purple characters who only hold their own for a while, and claim that as some kind of victory) : Superman.

I mean, what's there to debate ? Really ?

panthergod
You are an idiot. You don't take the time to read.

and apparently, you're too stupid to understand.

And, as usual, you don't have the slightest clue of what you're talking about.

Since they weren't using superspeed at the time, once again you're bring up irrelevant topics.

Nothing of the sort was stated by me. stop lying.

Despero has done nothing that Thanos hasn't already matched.

It did not come from an Imperiex Probe. It has NOTHING TO DO with Imperiex, who has been defeated YEARS earlier in 2001.

It came from the Qwardians warship in Kurt Busiek's JLA run in 2004-2005.

you're about three years off, kid.

You consistently show that you don't have the slightest clue about the feats you try to site, so forgive me if I don't beleieve that BS line about you having read comics for more than a few years at most.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy

Durability : based on feats, Superman. Thanos has some impressive durability feats, but so has Superman. The difference is, Superman has more durability feats. Lots more.

Fights : based on feats (and actually winning them, unlike some purple characters who only hold their own for a while, and claim that as some kind of victory) : Superman.

I mean, what's there to debate ? Really ? superman has more appearances u nitwit. he has had 3 or four comics being printed every month for how many years. i mean weakest thing i have heard yet. so in ur mind since superman has been in 12 times as many comics as thanos and thats putting it mildy that superman wins based on this. eek! such a weak argument.

panthergod

The fact that Thanos is at least as strong and much more durable than Superman and consistently operates on a level far above Superman's norm?

How about that?

Thanos not lifting stf is irrlevant. Thor has more strength feats than Thanos and he is clearly inferior physically. With Thanos you have to measure his RELATIVE strength, ie how he compares to others in direct match-ups. In combat, Thanos has proven to be easily on a patr with Sueprman's best, if not Superior.

There's no way that Superman can take anything more than a rough fight here. He can win, but if he doesn't It'll be barely.

quanchi112
The fact that Thanos is at least as strong and much more durable than Superman and consistently operates on a level far above Superman's norm?

How about that?

Thanos not lifting stf is irrlevant. Thor has more strength feats than Thanos and he is clearly inferior physically. With Thanos you have to measure his RELATIVE strength, ie how he compares to others in direct match-ups. In combat, Thanos has proven to be easily on a patr with Sueprman's best, if not Superior.

There's no way that Superman can take anything more than a rough fight here. He can win, but if he doesn't It'll be barely. only thing i disagree with is that superman can win. darkseid losed becuz physically in a one on one fight hes not that good, thanos has proven to take on thor with huge power upgrades like any old thing. thanos would beat superman into submission. thanos doesnt have an oemga effect or anything like that to use. that is why darkseid isnt all that one on one the oemga effect is his crutch and if he cant land it and it doesnt work his knees buckle.. thanos can mix it up just fine.

Kid Kurdy

quanchi112

Kid Kurdy
The fact that Thanos is at least as strong
Prove it.

Prove it.

Strength is more than lifting things. Not that I have seen Thanos lift a lot lol.

Why do you say that ? I know Thanos is considered stronger than Thor, but when I think about it, I don't find a reason why he is considered stronger. More powerful yes, but stronger ?

Has Thanos overpowered somebody with raw strength alone ? The main reason that Thanos beats Thor, is because Thanos is incredibly durable - he just won't go down - and he has some really strong blasts.

But again, when has Thanos overpowered Thor with strength alone ? I don't know, maybe you can help me ?

Gimme a break. Okay, enough with speculation and assuming and wishful thinking : issue number and/or scan of Thanos using superior martial art stuff - on panel !

In 95 % of his fights, Thanos just stands there, grinning.You know that, I know that.

Some amazing fighting skills.

Kid Kurdy
thanos waved thors hammer down. while when superman beat him he said it was close. thanos fought thor with the infinity power gem. trust me son superman is outta his league. superman is comparable to thor and hulk. thanos looks down on these men and is above them.
Did you see Thanos flying when Thor hit him with Mjolnir in IG ? In IG, Masterson Thor has used Thanos a few times as punching bag, with or without Mjolnir. Not that it helped much, but still.

I'm not saying Thanos fears Mjolnir - that's a bit stupid - but I'm pretty sure he doesn't like Thor's little hammer very much.

Oh and Hulk is also strong enough to stop Thor's hammer.

Jebus reborn
Did you see Thanos flying when Thor hit him with Mjolnir in IG ? In IG, Masterson Thor has used Thanos a few times as punching bag, with or without Mjolnir. Not that it helped much, but still.

I'm not saying Thanos fears Mjolnir - that's a bit stupid - but I'm pretty sure he doesn't like Thor's little hammer very much.

Oh and Hulk is also strong enough to stop Thor's hammer. Why not bring up Cyke almost knocking over Thanos, and Iron Man putting him on his knees, if you're going to bring up IG?

Thanos took one of Thor's best attacks, to absolutely no effect... so, ya..

When exactly did Hulk stop the hammer?

quanchi112

Oh and Hulk is also strong enough to stop Thor's hammer. uh hulk isnt strong enough to wave it down. pay attention and u bring up the infifnity gauntlet when all heroes were attacking him at once, thganos killed them all. crushed is more like it. to say that thanos who went toe to toe with both tyrant and odin cant hang with superman is well biased and dumb.

Kid Kurdy
pay attention and u bring up the infifnity gauntlet when all heroes were attacking him at once, thganos killed them all. crushed is more like it.
You do realize that was an extremely upgraded Thanos, right ? With the IG, he was almost invincible. Jarvis could wear the IG and beat the entire MU.

So why do you say such nonsense ?

You have reading problems. When did I say that Thanos can't hang with Superman ?

quanchi112
uhm u were u guy who brought up thanos being taken back by thor in infifnity gauntlet/ wolverine stabbedn him in the chest. none of that matered cuz it didnt affect him. so please dont bring that up. its ridicuolous. instead bring up thanos standing up to thor with the power gem. while no one else could. thats a feat. quit bring up infifnity gauntlet it has no bearing here and when u do bring it up i ll say this thanos won in that story and only let himself be beaten no one was good enough to take it from him. thanos would tear superman a new one ten outta ten times.

nvrbeenwthagirl
and apparently, you're too stupid to understand.

And, as usual, you don't have the slightest clue of what you're talking about.

Since they weren't using superspeed at the time, once again you're bring up irrelevant topics.

Nothing of the sort was stated by me. stop lying.

Despero has done nothing that Thanos hasn't already matched.

It did not come from an Imperiex Probe. It has NOTHING TO DO with Imperiex, who has been defeated YEARS earlier in 2001.

It came from the Qwardians warship in Kurt Busiek's JLA run in 2004-2005.

you're about three years off, kid.

You consistently show that you don't have the slightest clue about the feats you try to site, so forgive me if I don't beleieve that BS line about you having read comics for more than a few years at most.

So what If I don't remember where I read stuff. everyone knows I get mixed up on the issues. the point is, i'm usually always right. When you have read 50k comics it all gets jumbled and I'm not some numb nuts lard ass in my mother's basement who takes the time to memorize every issue or go look it up either. That would be you.

Avalonofthewind

smart thumb up

batdude123
WW broke Superman's Ribs.

NEVER... HAPPENED.

nvrbeenwthagirl
NEVER... HAPPENED.

Just like she never survived his best punch against what he thought was doomsday who just killed lois either.

quanchi112
So what If I don't remember where I read stuff. everyone knows I get mixed up on the issues. the point is, i'm usually always right. When you have read 50k comics it all gets jumbled and I'm not some numb nuts lard ass in my mother's basement who takes the time to memorize every issue or go look it up either. That would be you. no the point is ur always confused and always wrong. when are u right u say ur posts prove things but it just raises more questions. ur latest pathetic argument is wait till darkseid does some great shit in countdown. laughing weak argument. ur argument is so weak its not eevn worth arguing with u. u tell people they live in thier mothers basements. thats ur arguing just make believe insult after make believe insult.

quanchi112
NEVER... HAPPENED. i dont believe a word nver says. i think the opposite prolly happened. he has been consistently wrong on many issues.

starking
i dont believe a word nver says. i think the opposite prolly happened. he has been consistently wrong on many issues. Just to let you know, I don't think Batdude, cares for you.

quanchi112
Originally posted by starking
Just to let you know, I don't think Batdude, cares for you. heres the point and please get this thorugh ur head. unlike u ill agree with someone who loathes me becuz i dont argue against someone for who they are. i argue for or against on what i believe, u sound so funny. he doesnt like u. like i care. i say what i mean and mean what i say.. thats the difference between you and i.

nvrbeenwthagirl
i dont believe a word nver says. i think the opposite prolly happened. he has been consistently wrong on many issues.

Shall I post the scan where she kicks him in the ribs and there is a breaking sound?

quanchi112
Shall I post the scan where she kicks him in the ribs and there is a breaking sound? until u post anything i dont beleieve it. i dont know if u spread that lie or not about loeb being the only writer to have superman kick darkseids ass.

starking
heres the point and please get this thorugh ur head. unlike u ill agree with someone who loathes me becuz i dont argue against someone for who they are. i argue for or against on what i believe, u sound so funny. he doesnt like u. like i care. i say what i mean and mean what i say.. thats the difference between you and i. Problem is, your arguments suck.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>