How do you shut down WINNT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sp@rx
i've got a laptop and it can't find its ethernet card and it isnt installed and i can't find any ethernet drivers for my laptop and the program it came with and has installed is Windows 2000 professional with NT technology. I'm trying to install windows 95 so i can upgrade it to Windows XP home edition and see if it can find the ethernet drive. But when i try to run windows 95 setup it tell me it can't work in NT and that i have to shut down NT how do i shut down NT???

And if anyone could help i'm trying to find a ethernet driver for a Gateway 450SX4

LinixCobra
Originally posted by Sp@rx
i've got a laptop and it can't find its ethernet card and it isnt installed and i can't find any ethernet drivers for my laptop and the program it came with and has installed is Windows 2000 professional with NT technology. I'm trying to install windows 95 so i can upgrade it to Windows XP home edition and see if it can find the ethernet drive. But when i try to run windows 95 setup it tell me it can't work in NT and that i have to shut down NT how do i shut down NT???

And if anyone could help i'm trying to find a ethernet driver for a Gateway 450SX4

First off... why would you install Win 95 to upgrade to Win XP when you can just go from Win 2000 to XP? Secondly, if you go to Gateways website you can find all the drivers for your machine in the "Drivers & Downloads" section.

You cannot shut down NT because thats what Windows 2000 runs off of... NT is the file type. Windows 95 runs on FAT or FAT32 which is old.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.