Best Inventions EVER

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Corran
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is Beer.
Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.

So after Beer what do you think are the next best inventions?

yerssot
chocolate bars big grin

Thomas H
nuclier bomb....hehe J/k......heineken!

Corran
Heineken falls in the Beer section, pleas think of another and give a good reason why it should be included.

yerssot
we're talking about BEST inventions!

Corran
And Beer is THE best, whatever brand it is. There has to be differing brands for differing tastes.

mah
videogames, starting with Pong

Thomas H
heineken is a great invention..simply because its the best beer in the world!!

Corran
Thomas, you're not getting this are you?

yerssot
and ended with mortal pong

Dexx
best invention.....some time ago i would've been tented to say electricity...but naah

Tex
Headphones

BackFire349
television

Corran
Television's a good un'.

Tex
Too bad nothing good ever comes on

Corran
Just like you never listen to anything good on your headphones.

ToMacco
Women are the best invention ever.

God did a good job with them.

I love the ladies. Mmm, mmm, mmm.

A very distant second, is alcohol.

Sabrea
omg ppl...the best invention ever is obviously, duh, computers/internet..without a computer with internet access u wouldnt be on this forum, ud be at home talking to urself roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
Or your real friends.

I still say ladies is the best invention.

Sabrea
:rrolleyes: i wouldnt be able to live without computer/internet access..but i think i just changed my mind...the greatest thing ever invented (in my opinion) is--do i even have to say it?

ToMacco
say it.

Sabrea
roll eyes (sarcastic) we all know what im gonna say, but i will anyways:

Hayden Christensen
heh

ToMacco
You were right to roll your eyes.

Sabrea
lol, well, u KNEW wat i was gonna say

ToMacco
Yeah, I suppose so.

Sabrea
then y did u even tell me to say it ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
Don't worry about it.

Sabrea
nvm that..ive got a comp. right in front of me and im STILL talking to myself..

Captain REX
Computers, video games, and CDs are on my list.

Mechanical pencils are the most useful inventions for me.

ToMacco
Computers? Come on people!!!!!!!!

Sex is the greatest invention!

*shakes head in disbelief* Oh, what's the use?

Captain REX
Oh yeah, forgot about that invention... wink

Sabrea
computers computers computers!!!

Captain REX
...even though they can be attacked by viruses and run so damn slow occassionally! stick out tongue

ToMacco
computers are stupid.

Sabrea
occasionally?? mine is constantly slow..and sugar and caffine r good inventions, casue without them, i just wouldnt be sarah, i wouldnt be hyper and annoying, and it would be soo tragic if i stopped acting hyper and annoying, lol

Captain REX
To, unless you count KMC.

Sugar and Coffee!!!!

Captain REX
You know, from All That on Nickelodeon...oh nevermind...

Sabrea
isnt Jamie Lynn Spears on that show now?

Captain REX
Yeah, Britney's little sister.

She might have to clean a dirty smelly pig. big grin

ToMacco
The Rexster is right.

I do hate computers, but I do enjoy coming to this forum. You guys are all cool as hell.

Captain REX
Hell isn't that cool unless it's frozen over again.

In that case, thanks. smile

Sabrea
poor jamie lynn, pretty soon shell be just as slutty as her sister..oops, did i say that?

ToMacco
No problem, pal.

Captain REX
Yep, and I hope not. Brit is a bad influence.

Today the vice princial of our school made the girls repeat "I am not Britney Spears" because they've been wearing clothes against the school dress code (spaghetti straps, small shirts, etc).

Sabrea
omg, lol...thank god ours doesnt make us do that..if we wear anything against the dress code we get sent to the office and we have to sit there until we change..good way to get out of class...

Captain REX
Cool. I wish that would happen to me, except it's impossible for a guy to go against the dress code...we don't have breasts! Unless you count thosae guys that only eat bananas...

Sabrea
of course, the teachers yell at you..i had a teacher last year who would call one of the students britney cause of how she dressed.....but she was a really old teacher, my dad had her and used to put tacks on her chair, not a good idea to tell me, cause i wouldve done it if i had the chance..

BackFire349
also computers

finti
has anybody mentioned the wheel?

Sabrea
the wheel isnt THAT important..i mean, would u rather have a comp. with internet, or something with wheels, say a car?? definatly the comp. because u can walk place...

Corran
Yes in the first post, but it still does not go as well with Pizza as beer does.

Sabrea
the wheel isnt important, we could all do without it

finti
shows someone who hasent got a clue.
The wheel was very important for the development of mankind, everything became easier with the wheel

I guess the main question was what invention is the best ever, there is no doubt that the invention of the wheel is one of the most important to mankind, hat and agriculture and then te plow.

Sabrea
the keyword there is EASIER, we could all live without it

Corran
And computers just make things easier, without them you would have to send letters instead of Emails etc, you would need to go to libraries and look in books for any research that you use the internet for. You would have to have real converstations with real people rather than using chat rooms. Computers and Internet may not go on my list as one of the best unless you can come up with reasonable reasons why they should, the Wheel may well have been one of the best ever inventions, but still does not beat beer.

finti
o brother glad Im not your teacher.
Ok Sabrea lets hear some arguments why we dont need the wheel

mah
without wheels there wouldnt be any passenger airplanes, cars, trains, bicycles etc. etc. transportation of all kinds would be difficult and hard.

finti
well that is the modern aspect of it just imagine how the wheel revelutionized work with horse/cows and even human and carriage

Fire
idd the wheel is one of the most -if not the most- invention mankind has made, and without it we would have ended up dead (takes a look at the maya culture)

Sabrea
you could ride a hourse or some other animal

finti
and if you had a heavy load to take with you?

yerssot
more horses wink

BackFire349
lol, no one can really deny the importance of the wheel without sounding like a fool.

finti
well said BF349

Sabrea
whether i sound like a fool or not people can live without the wheel

Corran
Not very easily, they can live without the computer a hell of lot easier.

mah
yup. you've got a lost case here sab

Sabrea
i can live easier without the wheel than i can without my comp.

mah
you would in reality not be able to travel on any trips far away.

Sabrea
yea, travel camel or horseback across land, and boat across water

mah
it would basically take ages

Sabrea
they did it in the 1800's

Fire
yea, but they could never have built america like that in the 1800's, it is not only for personal transportation, or for transportation in general that the wheel is used, but also for thousands and thousands of other important things: e.g. the ruther from a ship or more mechanics within almost ever mechanical machine, like the engine of a boat, a train and so on..... u can find variations on that one thing called a wheel.
but one of the most used variations or uses for a wheel, is when it used to lift something very heavy, I don't know the english word for it, but you just throw a rope about a wheel hold in place in the middle, but stil able to turn around it's middle, it makes the lifting go far easier...
I guess someone will know what I mean.

and again I give the maya culture as example a very great culture which stopped evolving at one point because they missed a very huge invention (the wheel)

Sabrea
but my point is people could live without the wheel

Fire
well yea they could, but still they couldn't live without like today, and even if u could it'd be a very very miserable life

Sabrea
heh, my life ALREADY is miserable so there woulld be no change

Mujaffa
well that's just bad ain't it

Thomas H
hey..the topic is greatest invensions..not some other crap! hehehe.....smile

yerssot
best invention ever... definitly not school

BackFire349
amen brother

finti
do you have an optical, or a corded mouse on your comp Sabrea

BackFire349
people could live without every invention, thats a weak argument to say that you could live without it.

finti
the ability to make fire must be recon an invention

Sabrea
wait..is optical the laser one and corded the one with the ball?? i dont kno technical terms..i just use the comp.

Ushgarak
Yeah, you got that right. Well, cord doesn't necessarily mean ball; you can get optical mice with cords.

Sabrea
well, ive got the laser one

Ushgarak
Right-oh...

Sabrea
wat does my mouse have to do with wheels?

Ushgarak
Unless it has a mouse wheel, probably not much, but there are still vast amounts of household goods we take for grsnted that use wheels.

Sabrea
like my computer?

Ushgarak
Without that fan it would stop working pretty quick.

Sabrea
or all the little wheels inside it that keep it running..i think ive just changed my mind about the wheel seeing how important my computer is to me

brownie
Im gonna have to agree with you on this one ToMacco..

Captain REX
Hey Brownie! Wazzup?

Is electricity an invention? If so, your using it right now Sabrea. Duh!

Corran
From all the suggestions with such good arguments my current list for this lies at:-

Beer
Ladies
The Wheel.

Is this the best we can come up with, some of the others would have been included had the arguments for been better.

Mujaffa
Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.