Would you find this believable?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
After summoning the power of the Vishanti, Doctor Strange blasts a huge hole straight through the Asgardian Destroyer.

If this happened in a comic, would you accept it or call it bad writing?

long pig
Vishanti> Odin. They are in the top 5 or so most powerful in Marvel's multi-verse. Their power would supersede his magic. So, yeah, he could do it.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by long pig
They are in the top 5 or so most powerful in Marvel's multi-verse.... erm

long pig
Don't take it from me, Marvel is the one who said it. They had a ranking comic a while ago which had all the most powerful cosmics in the universe. LT was number 1, Vishanti was number 5 or 8 and Odin was 30th or something.

They're more powerful.

xmarksthespot
A universe isn't a multiverse isn't an omniverse. erm

Currently Marvel have Wolverine's speed in the official ratings online as transcending light speed. no expression

What exactly do the Vishanti have that would claim such a high ranking anyway... I know Agamotto stalemated Galactus (in Agamotto's realm mind you) but what else exactly?

King Kandy
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Currently Marvel have Wolverine's speed in the official ratings online as transcending light speed. no expression
laughing

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by King Kandy
laughing
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Wolverine_(James_Howlett)

NiņoAraņa
anyone have what each # level means?

Mindship
Originally posted by Endless Mike
After summoning the power of the Vishanti, Doctor Strange blasts a huge hole straight through the Asgardian Destroyer.
The Jobber Virus claims a new victim (Yo, Visorhead! Get right in line behind Hulk and Galactus).

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Mindship
The Jobber Virus claims a new victim (Yo, Visorhead! Get right in line behind Hulk and Galactus).

So you don't think it would be believable?

Mindship
So you don't think it would be believable? No. The Destroyer, like Galactus, is one of those guys whose "aura of awe" (for lack of a better term) is best left intact. I think those kinds of characters work best that way.

Bardock42
What's the difference between a multiverse and an omniverse?

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Mindship
No. The Destroyer, like Galactus, is one of those guys whose "aura of awe" (for lack of a better term) is best left intact. I think those kinds of characters work best that way.

But the Vishanti are at least Celestial - level entities.

Mindship
But the Vishanti are at least Celestial - level entities. I wasn't crazy about the Celestials b*tch-slapping the Destroyer, either (seemed too one-upmanshippy, IMO).

In any event: if Vishanti himself did it, I could sorta live with that. But Strange as the medium...? I'm not comfortable with Godlike Strange.

I dunno. Like I said, some characters should be brought out to play on very rare occasion. Too much appearance, too much tweaking, and it takes away from what made them so great on first appearance.

Endless Mike
Ah, I see.

BTW just a correction, there's no character named Vishanti, the Vishanti are a group of three magical beings Agamotto, Oshtur, and Hoggoth

Mindship
BTW just a correction, there's no character named Vishanti, the Vishanti are a group of three magical beings Agamotto, Oshtur, and Hoggoth *considering himself corrected* smile

As I understand it, a multiverse (in comics) is a set of similar universes but still a subset of the omniverse (which would include all multiverses). Some would even consider our real-time universe part of the omniverse.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Bardock42
What's the difference between a multiverse and an omniverse?

Oh god whats he doing here?

Im not sure but id guess multi means many and omni implies everyting. So a multiverse could be several universes or more than one and an ominiverse could be all the universes.

I could be wrong im behind in my marvel cosmics.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Wolverine_(James_Howlett)

Wow ... so WOlverine i supposed to have Thing level strength, classic Quicksilver speed, unbeatable skilzz and genius level intelligence?

erm

That's a f**king joke and the people who voted for it either meant it as such or they are all retards.

grey fox
A multiverse is multiple universes all within a single 'company' . Ie in DC they have 52 different earths which in turn can be considered as 'Multiverse'. An omniverse encompasses all. So a comic Omniverse would contain Marvel , DC , Image , Wild Horse, Manga and possibly our own universe.

Juntai
Originally posted by Scoobless
Wow ... so WOlverine i supposed to have Thing level strength, classic Quicksilver speed, unbeatable skilzz and genius level intelligence?

erm

That's a f**king joke and the people who voted for it either meant it as such or they are all retards. Yep.
Wolvie's more powerful than Odin, by official ratings.
http://marvel.com/universe/Odin

And Silver Surfer is pretty much the most powerful guy around, his stats are maxed.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by grey fox
A multiverse is multiple universes all within a single 'company' . Ie in DC they have 52 different earths which in turn can be considered as 'Multiverse'. An omniverse encompasses all. So a comic Omniverse would contain Marvel , DC , Image , Wild Horse, Manga and possibly our own universe.

erm Marvel has a dickish tendencey to redefine words for their own purposes.

For them a Multivese is the set of all universes that share roughly the same characteristics (ie heroes in all the same positions but with different identites, or all changes stem from the death of one hero/villian). This includes WhatIfs and alternate futures/pasts.

They call a megaverse the set of all multiverses with similar characteristics. I have no idea what they really mean by that.

The omniverse is the set of all universes that are either a) possible or b) owned/created by Marvel.

Thats not what the words mean of course it's just what Marvel means when they use them.

Endless Mike
In Marvel they have a multiverse which is an infinite number of universes, a megaverse which is an infinite number of multiverses, an omniverse which is an infinite number of megaverses, a microverse which is like a smaller universe inside of a universe, tons of "dimensions", "realms" and "zones" which are connected to various universes, Un-Space, which is where there is no universe or reality, and the Ascencion, which is some place beyond the omniverse.

Rewmac
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

His stranght is above Ms. Marvel's he is faster than Quicksilver.

Energy profejcion 1 and 2??? He has optic blasts or something? Marvel is ruining their own character with this.

Martian_mind
Seriously,we bneeded to make Galactus Jubilee level.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.