this was very stupid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rox
i just watched x3 for the million'th and u mean to tell me callisto can sense of mutants power levels yet she took on storm knowing she's border line class 5. also she let pyro take on iceman knowing he's border line class 5 as well

Ridley_Prime
Meh. I guess she was either very brave or very stupid. sick Can't think of anything else to say about that... >_<

xmarksthespot
There was nothing to suggest that Storm was a "borderline Class 5." no expression

steverules
Callisto did pretty well in her fight against Storm, first time they fought she kicked storms ass, second time she was kicking storms ass then got knocked into a metal fence which storm used to electrocute her

LordKaos
Look at her face when she fights Storm, she's aware of what she is up against, she's just arrogant and wants to test the extent of what Storm can do, which was jack shit as far as H2H in the movie.

llagrok
Storm borderline class 5? No. Storm in the movies never displayed any form of power. She was a huge disappointment.

Callisto could easily have speedblitzed her, but hey, PIS.

Genosha
I would imagin the main motivation behind the confrontation was an allusion to the history between Storm, Calisto, and the Morlocks. That whole Saga didn't really have any place in the movie, but a fight between the two is subtle way to let fans know that you know what they know.
That being said, I was pretty disappointed in the movie Calisto. I've always liked her character.

llagrok
Originally posted by Genosha
I would imagin the main motivation behind the confrontation was an allusion to the history between Storm, Calisto, and the Morlocks. That whole Saga didn't really have any place in the movie, but a fight between the two is subtle way to let fans know that you know what they know.
That being said, I was pretty disappointed in the movie Calisto. I've always liked her character.

I agree, the original Callisto was a far better character.

capt it up
dude............the movie was nothing like the comics.............are you just realizing that now lol.

also you find that the worst part of the movie...........wtf.

dude there was far worse things then that such as in x-men 1 when sabertooth attacked wolverine. Wolverine had no idea who sabertooth was.............in the comics however embarrasmentgan has hated creed for like 80 years.

rox
Originally posted by capt it up
dude............the movie was nothing like the comics.............are you just realizing that now lol.

also you find that the worst part of the movie...........wtf.

dude there was far worse things then that such as in x-men 1 when sabertooth attacked wolverine. Wolverine had no idea who sabertooth was.............in the comics however embarrasmentgan has hated creed for like 80 years.

i didn't say this was the worst part. i said this part was very stupid and the writers didn't think about what they were doing. in the comics storm and iceman are potential class 5/omega level

rox
Originally posted by steverules
Callisto did pretty well in her fight against Storm, first time they fought she kicked storms ass, second time she was kicking storms ass then got knocked into a metal fence which storm used to electrocute her

thats because they didn't use the real scene where storm fought her back toe to toe

Kaos sebaceous
X3 itself was stupid

It was a joke and i really am starting to hate it

I liked it the first couple of times but then i realized the story lines and characters are getting farther and farther away from what they should be.

I think all of the movies were bad actually but X3 has to be the worst

Genosha
Ok, so I've been out of the comic loop for a couple five years and I just fell off the wagon, but I don't remember anything about mutation classes, or said levels having anything to do with who gets to beat up who. Are there rules now?

jdea
yeah, as rox mentioned the fight scene used in the movie wasn't all there was, in the deleted scenes Storm defeats Callisto and even helsp Logan stop Juggernaut

so to sum it up Callisto just has a big ego, and is very self confident you could pick that up in her intro just by the way she talks, she's got 'tude and that's why she challenged Storm even though she knew she was above her

jdea
BTW

as for Pyro he had a score to settle, and he thought he was always better than Bobby

llagrok
Originally posted by rox
i didn't say this was the worst part. i said this part was very stupid and the writers didn't think about what they were doing. in the comics storm and iceman are potential class 5/omega level

No.

Iceman is an omega class.

Storm is not.

rox
Originally posted by llagrok
No.

Iceman is an omega class.

Storm is not.

well it is hinted that storm is omega but like u and i said iceman is omega. which callisto did not detect.

wannabe
1) The question is: Why are you all still judging the films as if they were the 616 universe gone bad on the screen??? It is X-Men, but it's certainly NOT meant to be the film version of the 616 reality, and as such it doesn't have to work like it in every aspect ... and thats good!

2) Where in gods name is it stated that a superbeing can confront and beat only those, whose potential and/or actual powerlevel are equal to or lower than his/her own???

rox
Originally posted by wannabe
1) The question is: Why are you all still judging the films as if they were the 616 universe gone bad on the screen??? It is X-Men, but it's certainly NOT meant to be the film version of the 616 reality, and as such it doesn't have to work like it in every aspect ... and thats good!

2) Where in gods name is it stated that a superbeing can confront and beat only those, whose potential and/or actual powerlevel are equal to or lower than his/her own???

1. i actual like the movie. i know movies aren't like the comics. thats a good thing. but still some things should remain the same.

2. common sense would tell someone don't blindly jump into a battle with some who could strike u down with a bolt of lighting just by blinking their damn eye. let alone getting ur ass thrown into a fence and being fried like a strip bacon on a flame broiler.

wannabe
Originally posted by rox
1. i actual like the movie. i know movies aren't like the comics. thats a good thing. but still some things should remain the same.
Who dictates exactly which and how many things should?

Originally posted by rox
2. common sense would tell someone don't blindly jump into a battle with some who could strike u down with a bolt of lighting just by blinking their damn eye. let alone getting ur ass thrown into a fence and being fried like a strip bacon on a flame broiler.
The marvel universe perfectly worked without the alpha/omega etc. classes for decades and no superbeing cared much about the exact powerlevel of his/her opponent. And even nowadays in the comics for example Iceman or Elixir are not exactly top of the list despite them being omega. That's because this whole class system is pretty much about potential and not about actual proficiency.
In the film Iceman's actual powerlevel is in no way depicted more powerful than Pyro's, no matter his exact level. And as a speedster like the movie Callisto I would go anytime against an opponent who isn't superdurable, regardless his/her general powerlevel. That's in no way irrational. Storm certainly is glorious and extremely impressive in the offensive and versatility, but in the defense...

Generally one could say that the powerset and powerproficiency are much more important in a fight than the powerlevel.

Xaviar
hi there
wow, there sure is alot of sceptisism about wether or not Storm/Ice man are class 5 or not. i do however agree with Rox that it was a little 'silly' of the writters not totake into account that detail. they did after all do such a good job with the other films including the rest of X3. poeple who has followed the xmen from the start will know that storm is an x-tremely powerful mutant. previously known as Weather Witch, famous for her unbridalled fury of the ellements-all thanks to the Shadow Kings constant pestering. she too had to go through similar therapy as Jean Grey to "tame the beast within her"

Kaos sebaceous
Originally posted by wannabe

Im judging the film because there makin whole different characters from the comics

Not their powers are anything(sometimes it is their powers that are different)but their personalities.

I mean think about Iceman in the movies then read an X-Men comic their so different.

Genosha
I'm a little perturbed by this strange belief that a conflict between two people with superpowers is some sort of mathmatical equasion with only one correct answer.

I'm noticing a sinister trend here.... superheros+numbers+unjustifiable anger = .... Have you people been spending valuble comic reading time and money on some sort of card game?!?!

Swanky-Tuna
What's stupid is Callisto didn't end everyone she came up against with a single spinal cord detaching punch to the back of the head.

But then again, that would be a stupid movie to watch.

wannabe
Originally posted by Genosha
I'm a little perturbed by this strange belief that a conflict between two people with superpowers is some sort of mathmatical equasion with only one correct answer.
OH GOD - i do sooo know what you're talking about!!! That's one of the things i was talking about earlier. sad Class 4 or 5 here, class 3 there - outcome is clear, and if shown otherwise than it's stupid - BULLSH*T i say!

rox
Originally posted by Xaviar
hi there
wow, there sure is alot of sceptisism about wether or not Storm/Ice man are class 5 or not. i do however agree with Rox that it was a little 'silly' of the writters not totake into account that detail. they did after all do such a good job with the other films including the rest of X3. poeple who has followed the xmen from the start will know that storm is an x-tremely powerful mutant. previously known as Weather Witch, famous for her unbridalled fury of the ellements-all thanks to the Shadow Kings constant pestering. she too had to go through similar therapy as Jean Grey to "tame the beast within her"

thank you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.