Godzilla 2 (2009)?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultimate Hulk43
I've recently read that there is going to be a sequel to the Godzilla film from 1998 but it all depends on the success of Spider-Man 3. Not very reliable since it was on Wikipedia but I'd still like to see a part two since Godzilla still had one remaining child. It'd be interesting if that last one were to grow to be larger, stronger, & more invulnerable than his parent.

Impediment
The 1997 Godzilla remake was shit. America needs to leave the Godzilla movies to the country who made it the phenomenon it is.

T.M
Originally posted by Impediment
The 1997 Godzilla remake was shit. America needs to leave the Godzilla movies to the country who made it the phenomenon it is.

Agreed.

Mindship
Originally posted by Impediment
The 1997 Godzilla remake was shit. America needs to leave the Godzilla movies to the country who made it the phenomenon it is. Agreed.

I recently saw (I hope I get the title right--it's so damn long), Godzilla, Mothra, Ghidorah: All-Out Monster Attack (made in 2001). This had the best, scariest, most realistic Godzilla I had ever seen. Though the bulk of it was a man in a rubber suit, there was at least one scene where Godzilla was CGI, and it looked...well, it looked like how Godzilla in '98 should have: absolutely awesome.

America, stop invading Japanese territory.

Bicnarok
I doubt it seeing as Godzilla died

Member.
yea...godzilla died. unless they make it so one of the eggs survived somewhere underground.

Ultimate Hulk43
One of the eggs did survive, they showed it at the end of the movie. I know you all may find this weird but I don't really like the Japanese Godzilla films. I found the American Godzilla film much better. In the end it's all up to personal opinion & I want to see more American Godzilla films.

ragesRemorse
Godzilla is cheesy bullshit. It doesnt need america giving it a more serious tone making it more ridiculous.

Ultimate Hulk43
I still love that movie. I like it way better than the Japanese Crapzilla movies. But hey, that's MY opinion.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
I still love that movie. I like it way better than the Japanese Crapzilla movies. But hey, that's MY opinion.

yeah, no it wasnt THAT bad, but the hype and comparison to the more raw japzilla detroyed what little fun monster movie appeal it had.

I watched this movie a few months back after not seeing it since its debut. I have to say that i enjoyed the movie. Having no expectations but bad, it was pretty fun. Yeah, of course i was making fun of the flick through most of it, but i think now, that is meant to be some of the appeal. I also think the t-rex design turned alot of godzilla fans off, that and the lack of godzilla destruction atleast those are many of the gripes i still here today. I have to agree godzilla didnt detroy very much of the city, the military took out more of the city than godzilla, but that was funny

Ultimate Hulk43
I just want to have a sequel to tie up the ending of the first film which had Godzilla's surviving child hatch. If you're not going to make a sequel, that's the wrong ending to give a movie.

Ultimate Hulk43
Does anyone know why the 1998 animated series was canceled? I read that it was doing very well but I didn't find out why it was canceled.

Member.
technically, they did make a "sequel" in the form of the animated series. the godzilla in that series is the surviving offspring.

Ultimate Hulk43
I know that but I want a LIVE ACTION sequel. If there is one, it'll probably be set up like the animated series. I wouldn't see a point in making a sequel just to kill off Godzilla's offspring.

Member.
i can't see the premise of the animated series being adapted to the giant screen. the godzilla franchise has run its course and future live action sequels imo won't be up to par with the first.

Kram3r
F*ck the American Godzilla. Give me the ol' beat 'em up monster on monster fighting that the REAL Godzilla is. Love that stuff.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Kram3r
F*ck the American Godzilla. Give me the ol' beat 'em up monster on monster fighting that the REAL Godzilla is. Love that stuff.

Yeah because nothing beats an hour and a half of convoluted dialogue between bad japanese actors and about 15 minutes of godzilla screen time

Ultimate Hulk43
Lol, seriously, the Japanese Godzilla films suck. You have two guys dressed up in RUBBER SUITS fighting each other which looks incredibly fake by the way. I'd choose a CGI American Godzilla over a guy in a rubber suit anyday.

=Tired Hiker=
I could care less if America does or does not make another Godzilla movie. I'm past all that 'leave it alone' talk. Hell, the story doesn't even have to be good as long as the special effects are awesome and the kill scenes are super sweet. The French, the Japanese, hell even if the Australians made a kick ass Godzilla movie I'd go see it. As long as it rocks, who cares. If I hear it sucks really bad, then I won't go see it.

Ultimate Hulk43
I'm hoping that a sequel will be released in 2009 & if it is it should set up somewhat like the animated series where instead of Godzilla Jr. being hounded, he helps fight off a seemingly unstoppable monster. He should also have his atomic breath, that'd be a nice special effect to see come to life.

=Tired Hiker=
I'm hoping that a sequel will be released in 2009 & if it is it should set up somewhat like the animated series where instead of Godzilla Jr. being hounded, he helps fight off a seemingly unstoppable monster. He should also have his atomic breath, that'd be a nice special effect to see come to life.

I could totally see it go that route as well, it's hard to think of any other way to do it. Godzilla siding with the humans to fight a greater evil . . . priceless!

Ultimate Hulk43
Yeah, I'd rather have that happen than to see another Godzilla get killed off because if that happens it's basically a case of "Why did you make a sequel then if he was only going to get killed off like his father?"

ADarksideJedi
The first one was awful.I really hope that they don't make a second one.jm

Ultimate Hulk43
How was the first movie awful?

Ultimate Hulk43
Has anybody heard any news as far as a sequel goes?

Kram3r
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Yeah because nothing beats an hour and a half of convoluted dialogue between bad japanese actors and about 15 minutes of godzilla screen time

I loved the stories and the actors were fine and there is way more than just 15 minutes of Godzilla screen time.

Ultimate Hulk43
I watched some of the old Godzilla movies & it was probably less than 15 minutes. The movies center around people that aren't important. The name of the movies mine as well have been "Japanese Adventures".

2Close4Comfort
I'm not sure but during the Transformers previews before the movie there was one that showed some guys going away party, his name was Rob I believe going to to Tokyo? And all of a sudden things started blowing up blocks away from where they were in NYC. I know it's in NYC because at the end of trailer the statue of liberty's head was thrown down the street and landed near them gathered. There was no title for the movie it just said 1/18/08. Could it be Godzilla? confused

Ultimate Hulk43
Personally, I doubt it but we'll have to wait & see until someone confirms otherwise. I think that we'd have to hear a roar to be sure.

2Close4Comfort
Personally, I doubt it but we'll have to wait & see until someone confirms otherwise. I think that we'd have to hear a roar to be sure.

Hopefully we can get a vouch on that preview, Idk if they show different previews throughout the world but I'd like some confirmation, my heart was racing when I saw it.

Ultimate Hulk43
Well, in any case, a sequel would certainly be nice to see. The only question would be what kind of monster they'd use. Personally, I'd like to see something that resembles the monster from the episode "What Dreams May Come" from the animated series.

forumcrew
there are a lot of people spreading rumors now that JJ Abrams "Cloverfield" is in fact the new godzilla movie.

Member.
lol, so another godzilla attacks new york, wow, great story -.-

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by 2Close4Comfort
I'm not sure but during the Transformers previews before the movie there was one that showed some guys going away party, his name was Rob I believe going to to Tokyo? And all of a sudden things started blowing up blocks away from where they were in NYC. I know it's in NYC because at the end of trailer the statue of liberty's head was thrown down the street and landed near them gathered. There was no title for the movie it just said 1/18/08. Could it be Godzilla? confused

Thats that secret movie jj abrahms is working on, the only title anyone has been given from that studio is cloverfield, which is most likely a ploy.What ever it is he is working on, its big top secret stuff. You cant even find the trailer online anymore, it was pulled after only one week. I highly doubt it is a godzilla movie though

Robtard
It's Godzilla, but not that giant asexual burrowing iguana American-Godzilla they did in 1998. They're going back to the Tomoyuki Tanaka style, 300+ feet tall, nuclear breath and pissed off.

I highly doubt they're going to link it to the 1998 movie in any way either, it's most likely a reboot.

Ultimate Hulk43
If it has CGI & is interesting, I'll watch it.

ragesRemorse
no one knows what it is, im skeptical in even believing it is a monster movie

Robtard
If it has CGI & is interesting, I'll watch it.

I'm sure it will be, I don't think they'd go back to guys in cheesy rubber suits and miniture cities.

no one knows what it is, im skeptical in even believing it is a monster movie

I just F'ing told you what it is.

Ultimate Hulk43
Thanks for that interesting peice of info. It'll be interesting to see what monster they use & how real Godzilla will look using CGI. I'd prefer them to mix in the look of Japanese Godzilla & American Godzilla. Back to Robtard.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Robtard

I just F'ing told you what it is.

i dont belive you roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robtard
i dont belive you roll eyes (sarcastic)

Come December; you'll see Robtard, as usual, is correct.

Ultimate Hulk43
If you're REALLY REALLY serious about this, I can't wait come December.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Robtard
Come December; you'll see Robtard, as usual, is correct.

well i am unaware of robtards track record so i naturally assume you are full of poo, but i hope your right big grin

Ultimate Hulk43
I hope so too, I anxiously want to see a new Godzilla movie.

Robtard
If you're REALLY REALLY serious about this, I can't wait come December.

With 99% certainty, I can assure you it's a new American-Godzilla flick. If I'm wrong, I'll uppercut myself square in the scrotal sack.

well i am unaware of robtards track record so i naturally assume you are full of poo, but i hope your right big grin

Fair enough, you'll just have to wait until December (or so) to see.

Ultimate Hulk43
So, is this all the news you have on the new movie? Are the same people directing it? Are the original actors returning?

Smasandian
It's not an godzilla movie.

Paramount who is producing the untitled Abrams project does not hold the rights to Godzilla.

So because of that, its not an godzilla movie.

Why are so sure it is? Just because it could be an monster movie? So that means its automatically assuming its godzilla?

Ultimate Hulk43
He probably has more news.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I've recently read that there is going to be a sequel to the Godzilla film from 1998 but it all depends on the success of Spider-Man 3. Not very reliable since it was on Wikipedia but I'd still like to see a part two since Godzilla still had one remaining child. It'd be interesting if that last one were to grow to be larger, stronger, & more invulnerable than his parent.

We all know that Spiderman 3 is very successful, I don't see how that spells a brand new Godzilla movie.

Ultimate Hulk43
That's what I'm saying. Just shows how most of Wikipedia is flawed.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
That's what I'm saying. Just shows how most of Wikipedia is flawed.

Where on Wikipedia did you see this?

Ultimate Hulk43
Go to Godzilla (1998 film) on Wikipedia. Last time I checked it was on there but it may have been removed. Either way, it didn't make sense.

Smasandian
He probably has more news.

Unless he has news that Paramount bought the rights to Godzilla without anybody knowing in the business...than no, its not godzilla.

Actually, TOHO doesnt want an american movie company to buy the rights to the american version of godzilla.

So no, its not Godzilla.

Best guess, its an advertisiment for the new season of Lost.

Ultimate Hulk43
Meh, there's still hope.

Btw, I'm watching American Godzilla right now. Just decided to pop it in.

Ultimate Hulk43
I just read about that new film named "Cloverfield" & it's possible from what I read that it may be a sequel to Godzilla from 1998 but since the rights were unable to be acquired they decided to make a sequel without using the actual name. Well, that's just my take on things.

Smasandian
Maybe.

Ultimate Hulk43
Right now that may be the most logical reason out of everything else.

dsilva
I dont mind going to watch a sequel to Godzilla. I thought the America remake was really good and alota fun to watch. Im definately on the sequel bandwagon. if only to see what it turns out like.

Ultimate Hulk43
It should turn out like Godzilla: The Series where Godzilla Jr. is helping the world instead of destroying it. I wouldn't even mind if Nick got recast. I love Matthew Broderick as an actor but....you know how it goes. Also, anybody remember the toys of Godzilla's kids where one was red & the other was yellow? Well, I think that Godzilla Jr. should be red instead of blue like the original Godzilla.

Mairuzu
woops!

Mairuzu
woops

captblack
heres what i got from wekipedia

"A sequel to the film(USA version) was planned, and would have involved Godzilla battling a mutant insect creature. However these plans for a sequel were ultimately scrapped and Roland Emmerich made The Patriot instead"

headrek1
Since I'm one of the few Godzilla fans in America (and apparently one of the only one's on this site), it's my duty to denounce this disingenous and truly horrfiying rumor. Hollywood's Godzilla was a royal screw up, I could've like it if they called the monster something else, but they had to defile Godzilla's name with that piece of monkey s@#$! Regardless of this rumor, TOHO (the company that owns Big G and his cohorts) has said that they are going on a 10yr hiatus on Godzilla (Final Wars being the last one until then). They've also expressed repeatedly that they made a big mistake whoring the name out to Hollywood, in fact in Final Wars they brought "it" back, and changed it's origin so it's no longer Godzilla. By the way the real G merely breathed on "it" and "it" died. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!!

Ultimate Hulk43
Either way, Japanese Godzilla sucks balls.

Tyranno-Chris
One of the eggs did survive, they showed it at the end of the movie. I know you all may find this weird but I don't really like the Japanese Godzilla films. I found the American Godzilla film much better. In the end it's all up to personal opinion & I want to see more American Godzilla films.
I agree 100%! I love The American Godzilla, he's bigger (I know he is, because the makers confirmed it), faster (duh), one hell of alot smarter, and far more cunning. I hope they make it. smile
And that lame fight in Final Wars wouldn't have happened, AM G would have won, he's bigger, faster, smarter, and he could have dodged that attack. He would win IMO.

exanda kane
I hope it's made, so we can all see how crap it is, as to never warrent a thread lik this again and to also make you all dislike Godzilla. I hope it plummits at the box office so it will never have a sequel.

Tyranno-Chris
I don't see why you all hate American Godzilla, he's cool!

exanda kane
Wasn't a fan of the original in all fairness.

Tyranno-Chris
You guys wanna read a fight between them? Go HERE!

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Tyranno-Chris
I agree 100%! I love The American Godzilla, he's bigger (I know he is, because the makers confirmed it), faster (duh), one hell of alot smarter, and far more cunning. I hope they make it. smile
And that lame fight in Final Wars wouldn't have happened, AM G would have won, he's bigger, faster, smarter, and he could have dodged that attack. He would win IMO.

Even though I'm a big fan of American Godzilla, he can't beat Japanese Godzilla. He may be faster but he's not stronger & I don't even think he has atomic breath. Unless it's Godzilla from the animated series, American Godzilla can't beat Japanese Godzilla.

Tyranno-Chris
Well, read the fight I posted, and see who is the best fighter.
Who will win? The Big dumb clumsy lizard that falls easily and can't get up easily. Or, the smarter, faster, possibly stronger, bigger, more cunning, quicker in water, able to outswim a torpedo, could tear Gojira's arm off with ripping and tugging? Really, who would win? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ultimate Hulk43
American Godzilla is not stronger. Yes, his design is better but he's not stronger. He's able to die from missles, something that would only tickle Japanese Godzilla. Now, from that alone it shows that Japanese Godzilla would win. Don't be a fanboy. I'm a big fan of Zilla but he can't be Japanese Godzilla & your little posts don't prove a damn thing.

Tyranno-Chris
Seriously dude, your opinion isnt a fact, neither is mine. Through speed and superiour intelligence he would win. Read this fight, (click the link)
Found it a few years back, read it, it has a lot of parts to it, it's good. Go to this link http://members.aol.com/Elliot493/Current_Battle.index.html
But first read the stats. Trust me you'll like this fight.

Ultimate Hulk43
American Godzilla isn't as smart as you proclaim him to be. If he was, he wouldn't have fell for THREE, count them, THREE traps. Japanese Zilla would never fall for those kind of traps, not that they would work anyway. Ask the majority of the people & they'll tell you my statement is a fact. The ONLY advantage American Godzilla has is speed.

Tyranno-Chris
Ok he's dumb. Right. Then explain him outsmarting the army, they blasted up a building he smashed a hole into to fool them, he then came bursting out of the one behind then and killed two of the copters. he then chased one of them, and when he couldn't catch them, he ran ahead of it, and the pilot thought he was safe, then he stretches up and takes that one out as well, and also him faking his torpedo death, and him outsmarting nic and audrey and the insurance guy in the cab, he went under the bridge and came up and almost engulfed the car. And his instincts led him to those traps, and if he didn't fall for the that led him to his demise, then what would happen? the movie would be almost pointless. Trust me when I say that you can't say for an absolute fact that The old one will win.

And the only reason the majority would say his only strength is his speed is only because they are pissed that Tri-Star made a better, SMARTER, faster Godzilla. Not to mention he's bigger, not in weight, cause jap godzilla is like a big walking whale, but he is taller. And do you think for one second that in Final wars Toho would let their rival's godzilla win the fight. No. They would do exactly what I expected them to do, show their Godzilla blast it to kill it.
You have to think logically dude.

Ultimate Hulk43
Thank you! You just outsmarted yourself. That's right, his instincts lead him to those traps, he didn't think about what he was doing. A smart person or animal thinks about what he/she is doing & doesn't do it on pure instincts, especially in a situation like this. Not to mention how they got Godzilla to come to not one, but TWO fish traps, one of which almost got him killed. Sure, he outsmarted some helicopters but in the end what happened? He got tangled in the Brookyln Bridge & got shot up by missles. Now, if Japanese Godzilla has more durability & invulnerability which means he wouldn't be able to be killed by MISSLES & to top it off, he has atomic breath, something that could easily wound American Godzilla. As for the size, from what I remember reading American Godzilla is only 300 feet tall or maybe just a little more while Japanese Godzilla is somewhere around 450 feet tall. I even watched a Japanese Godzilla movie & then the America Godzilla movies to compare height & Japanese Godzilla turned out to be bigger because the humans looked way smaller around him. Now, you have to think logically, wouldn't it make more sense for Godzilla's son from the animated series to be able to beat Japanese Godzilla than the original Godzilla? Let's see: He's faster, stronger, & more invulnerable than his parent. Not to mention he has atomic breath which helped him win many battles throughout the series. Getting back to the parent, I agree that he has more of a chance of beating him than what they showed in the movie "Final Wars" but he would probably still lose. I'm a big American Godzilla fan like you but the difference is I live in reality.

ragesRemorse
Well atleast now we know its not godzilla.........hope is rekindled

Ultimate Hulk43
You're talking about "Cloverfield"? Actually, we still don't know if it's Godzilla or not, I haven't heard any confirmation otherwise.

Tyranno-Chris
Thank you! You just outsmarted yourself. That's right, his instincts lead him to those traps, he didn't think about what he was doing. A smart person or animal thinks about what he/she is doing & doesn't do it on pure instincts, especially in a situation like this. Not to mention how they got Godzilla to come to not one, but TWO fish traps, one of which almost got him killed. Sure, he outsmarted some helicopters but in the end what happened? He got tangled in the Brookyln Bridge & got shot up by missles. Now, if Japanese Godzilla has more durability & invulnerability which means he wouldn't be able to be killed by MISSLES & to top it off, he has atomic breath, something that could easily wound American Godzilla. As for the size, from what I remember reading American Godzilla is only 300 feet tall or maybe just a little more while Japanese Godzilla is somewhere around 450 feet tall. I even watched a Japanese Godzilla movie & then the America Godzilla movies to compare height & Japanese Godzilla turned out to be bigger because the humans looked way smaller around him. Now, you have to think logically, wouldn't it make more sense for Godzilla's son from the animated series to be able to beat Japanese Godzilla than the original Godzilla? Let's see: He's faster, stronger, & more invulnerable than his parent. Not to mention he has atomic breath which helped him win many battles throughout the series. Getting back to the parent, I agree that he has more of a chance of beating him than what they showed in the movie "Final Wars" but he would probably still lose. I'm a big American Godzilla fan like you but the difference is I live in reality.

Actually, it has been confirmed that American GZ is taller. He stretched up against that building, he was enourmas. Of course, TOHO wanted to be smart- and make there godzilla bigger than ours. No matter what we do to ours, they will upgrade their's to be better. While, he's not better, Don't ya think it's cooler that ours has more vulnerability than Mr. Slow and Lumbering? If he had invulnerability, he wouldn't need his speed and his cunning, now would he? That's why the Japs GZ HAS invulnerability, cause he is slower than the earth is revolving. That's why they have those abilities and disabilities, cause one of them can dodge them and the other can't. Ever thought of that? And also, he only went into those traps to feed his young, genius. He knew that one way or the other, he had to get that much food, so he did. And he outsmarted the military both times. And if he could be barricaded with torpedoes, why would he die from a missile? That little tid-bit don't make sense. And the american Godzilla has to be smart, he has to avoid and take down the military. The other one, he just sits there like an idiot and gets blasted. IMO that's not cool. I like the high speed chases with the helicopters, not the idiot lizrad who just sits there and gets hit. And the animation on those jap movies, the films are kinda cool, but OMG, LOW BUDGET! I mean, look at how much better Star Wars effects were in the 70's! It's a fact that america has always had better effects. Not that that matters, but let's call a truce. You have your opinions and I have mine.

Tyranno-Chris
But just read the fight I posted, there isn't a winner, because the final battle part isn't posted. So don't cry if Jap's gets beat up, stick out tongue
J/K!

Ultimate Hulk43
I don't really feel like watching anything. Btw, if it's that fight from Godzilla: The Series, Godzilla's offspring was just fighting his father. If it's not canon & was made by some fan, then I really don't care for it.

Tyranno-Chris
Scared your champion is gonna lose? Quit being a baby and read it. No offence, but for someone who supposedly likes The American GZ better, you sure are defending Japs GZ alot.

Ultimate Hulk43
1. I don't have to read anything I don't want to read, I simply don't care anymore.

2. Being a FAN & a FANBOY are two different things & a FANBOY I am not. I'm not defending JZ because I like him, it's because it's a proven fact he'd win.

3. Drop it & get over it. I'm really getting sick of your weak debating skills anyway.

BlaxicanHydra
Japanese would absolutely wreck American Godzilla. US Godzilla got pwnt'd by simple missiles froma jet. Japanese Godzilla's atomic breath would rip right through him.

Ultimate Hulk43
Thank you. I'm a HUGE fan of American Godzilla but compared to Japanese Godzilla he is a weakling & Japanese Godzilla is also bigger than American Godzilla. I don't know where Tyranno-Chris got his information from but Japanese Godzilla has always been bigger. He may not be faster but he would still win because of his strength & because of the fact he has atomic breath which has helped him in many battles against enemies stronger than him. Godzilla from "Godzilla: The Series" could probably defeat Japanese Godzilla or at least battle him to a stalemate but the original American Godzilla wouldn't be able to.

BlaxicanHydra
Plus, unlike US Godzilla, Jap Godzilla can regenerate from any attack near instantly.

Ultimate Hulk43
Whoa, didn't even know that. American Godzilla can't regenerate to my knowledge.

Ultimate Hulk43
What color do you all think Godzilla should be if there is a "Godzilla 2"? I'd like to see red or yellow if it could be pulled off without it looking stupid.

Alucard25
There won't be a godzilla 2 sony has already made a statement on that.
The latest rumors on the Cinetech site has led to discussions on several Godzilla fan forums about a possible GODZILLA 2, but today Sony reiterated that their deal to make another film expired years ago. Studio spokesmen also confirmed that there have been no discussions with Toho about reacquiring the rights to make GODZILLA 2 or an all-new Godzilla film, either now or in the foreseeable future.

If at sometime in the future it does get made which I doubt they should stay away from the first as it sucked pretty bad.

Ultimate Hulk43
I loved that movie & if a sequel is made, it should take place right after the first film & be similar to the animated series.

Alucard25
Thats fine I am glad you enjoyed,I enjoy the japanese films far more.But if they were to make a sequel although highly unlikely I would say they will stay away from the first as it didn't work and bombed.I would rather see a new approach becuase what they did last time just didn't work very well as a godzilla movie thats why many refer to it as GINO(Godzilla In Name Only).The animated series was a step up from the movie but I would still rather see a completely new timeline.

Ultimate Hulk43
Even if everything is changed, the look of Godzilla shouldn't change. American Godzilla has a far better design than Japanese Godzilla.

Alucard25
To each his own I guess.I thought the design of the american godzilla was decent I will always prefer the japanese one but it wasn't bad I guess could use some tweaking.Although given the chance a good design team could create something alot cooler I think.Maybe keep certain aspects of the first ones design.Mainly I want godzilla to be the badass he is supposed to be not running away and hiding throughout the entire movie,I want him to be the creature of total destruction he was meant to be.The sequel needs alot more action I mean the first barely had any and then when it did the action wasn't very intense.Doesn't have to be another monster in it although that would be cool I just want to see all out war between humanity and godzilla large scale battles tons of special effects.It doesn't have to be the rediculus crap from the 60s and 70s with godzilla doing somersaults and crap.

Ultimate Hulk43
I thought the action was decent. Godzilla wasn't truly hiding, he outsmarted those airplanes by hiding in the building & attacking them & he was finding a place in the city to hatch his eggs. I guess he somehow knew the airplanes could hurt him so he devised a strategy to take them all out. I do want more action in a sequel though but the design should pretty much be the same. Maybe a change of color to differentiate (like red or yellow) from the previous Godzilla but for the most part the design should be the same. Godzilla should also have his ability to regenerate, something American Godzilla should've had to keep him from dying at the end of the movie.

Alucard25
Actually having just watched the movie I think I would rather have a total redesign.I hadn't watched I forever so I kind of forgot how he truly looks in it.

Ultimate Hulk43
If it's a redesign that doesn't resemble Japanese Godzilla a lot, I'm all for it.

Tyranno-Chris
1. I don't have to read anything I don't want to read, I simply don't care anymore.

2. Being a FAN & a FANBOY are two different things & a FANBOY I am not. I'm not defending JZ because I like him, it's because it's a proven fact he'd win.

3. Drop it & get over it. I'm really getting sick of your weak debating skills anyway.
Let me give you a piece of info, you started this whole debate with your "I like American GZ but he can't be Jap GZ" bla bla bla like I've been saying shut up because everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

Alucard25
Yeah everyone is entitled to their own opinion but don't try to pass yours as fact becuase its not you totally disregard facts about both,the american one is no where near as powerful as the japanese one its that simple and whether or not you want to accept that is fine your entitled to think whatever you want.

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Tyranno-Chris
Let me give you a piece of info, you started this whole debate with your "I like American GZ but he can't be Jap GZ" bla bla bla like I've been saying shut up because everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

Are you serious? Telling ME to shut up? Boy, just move about your business & why are you still talking about something that was squashed over a month ago & was left behind? Shows how much of a life you have. Dumb asswhipe. Happy Dance laughing out loud

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Alucard25
Yeah everyone is entitled to their own opinion but don't try to pass yours as fact becuase its not you totally disregard facts about both,the american one is no where near as powerful as the japanese one its that simple and whether or not you want to accept that is fine your entitled to think whatever you want.

All of that 'everyone is entitled to their own opinion' is bullshit because sometimes an opinion can be proven wrong, as in this case. I don't know if Tyranno-Chris is dumb or what but he just doesn't understand facts.

Tyranno-Chris
Yes ******* I'm telling you to STFU! Your opinion is not a fricken law! Leave me alone about it dumbass. Quit being a little baby about it and move on with ur fricken life, the reason i haven't posted in a month is because i have a life unlike other assholes who like to squash opinions of other people because they think that theres is law. I'll be the big boy and step out of this BS argument now over something stupid like godzilla that doesn't ****in exist!

Ultimate Hulk43
What? Are you kidding me? I had a discussion with other people & I wasn't even talking to you & out of the blue you come here talking about me shutting up whereas I hadn't even said anything to you. Also, I never said my opinion is law but when facts are present, opinions can EASILY be proven wrong. Either you're just really stupid or retarded & I think I'll report you just for bringing up a month old debate. Happy Dance

Tyranno-Chris
no of you haven't said anything to me. whistling1 do the words "stupid or retarted" mean anything to you. yeah, you called me that. I'd like to remind you that YOU started this lame argument and couldn't take the fact that I have a different opinion than you. You're saying yours is a fact, how do you know? You don't, you just think you're better than me and let me tell you something, the better person would sit there and get so mad about a lame fight. Your just a ****** homo with nothing to do but rant on and on about how much you like the American GZ better, but he isn't as good as the JAPS. Really, your sounding pretty dumb here. Every time I end the argument you go into a tizzy fit and won't stop until I 100% agree with you, that ain't gonna happen. Guess what? I'm reporting you just for being such a sore loser! Happy Dance Happy Dance *cough*******!*cough cough*

Ultimate Hulk43
What're you talking about? I chatted with a few people WAY after the debate ended & out of no where you came with insults so I'll be letting a moderator know about this in which he/she can review the posts for his/herself.

Tyranno-Chris
Drop it damnit! Quit being a little baby, be a big boy and don't blow this lame fight out of porportion. I only reported you because you reported me. Now, be a big boy and shut up. Both of these characters are retarted. End the fight now.

Ultimate Hulk43
If you feel that way, why start the argument anyway? I had already squashed it.

Tyranno-Chris
You started it by saying "I like american GZ, but he can't beat the japs" *cough*dufus*ough*

Ultimate Hulk43
Insult, eh? Reported & that's called a debate. After a debate you don't come back & insult someone. That just shows immaturity.

barristerwolf
In the 1998 remake WHERE WAS GODZILLA. That tuna eating monster the U.S. had was NOT Godzilla! So in Godzilla 2 do they plan on having Godzilla in it? Oh yeah, Toho is releasing at the same time Godzilla 3-D. I want to see that. Besides, Godzilla killed our version of Godzilla in Godzilla Final Wars.
Looks like Hollywood vs Tokyo. laughing

Toku King
God, no more Paramount remakes.

ThunderGodEneru
Well, since I feel like pissing alot of people off, I must say that the 1998 Godzilla was better than the cheesy, gay original Godzilla.

Final Blaxican
It wasn't bad.

But Godzilla's a ***** nigga in that version. That version fought the real Japanese version in a movie and the jap version killed him in like twenty seconds..

hazardous19
Well i really love the japanese godzilla. NOT FINAL WARS that was terrible. but i also liked the american godzilla becuase he did actually look cool, and the graphics were prety nice. its nice to see him as a monster, not the big rubber suit. i wish there was a sequel, well not a sequel but another shot by the americans, cuz the new jap directors are loosing touch with the real godzilla in GOJIRA. tho but more realistic and gritty like a mix of the original Gojira, and cloverfield. I just want him real.

hazardous19
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
It wasn't bad.

But Godzilla's a ***** nigga in that version. That version fought the real Japanese version in a movie and the jap version killed him in like twenty seconds..

Ha ha ha> CUS THEY HATING ON THE AMERICAN ONE. Final wars was just a big waste of my money. i love the japanese godzilla cus but i know AMERICANS are WAY better at making movies. Zilla looked way more real than anything japs have made. the truth is i dont mind who makes it as long as they make it CGI and no more of those horrible wrestling moves please. hes a MONSTER, no feelings, no moves, JUST STRAIGHT RAW NO MERCY MONSTER>

Kovacs86
Originally posted by hazardous19
Ha ha ha> CUS THEY HATING ON THE AMERICAN ONE. Final wars was just a big waste of my money. i love the japanese godzilla cus but i know AMERICANS are WAY better at making movies.

Some Americans (i.e. those at American studios) are better at making a certain kind of movie, certainly, though that is mostly down to budget. It's hard to take a huge monster seriously when the CGI is fairly poor...

Originally posted by hazardous19
Zilla looked way more real than anything japs have made.

"Japs"? Did we just go back to the 19th century?

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Godzilla is cheesy bullshit. It doesnt need america giving it a more serious tone making it more ridiculous.

How ignorant.

Go watch "Gojira".

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Well, since I feel like pissing alot of people off, I must say that the 1998 Godzilla was better than the cheesy, gay original Godzilla.

How does that piss people off? It's your issue for having a bad taste in movies.

Kazenji
Yeah, the very first Godzilla movie had a some message about anti-nuclear war i think it was.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah, the very first Godzilla movie had a some message about anti-nuclear war i think it was.

Not just that, but it was unbelievably depressing and violent.
There's a five minute scene of people just dying in a hospital after Godzilla's attack.

davidconnor
Godzilla movie is a average compare to Jurassic park ,But I think if second part comes it may rock the theaters...

EvilTyrant
The Godzilla made in America shouldn't of had the title "Godzilla" in it then it would've been fine.
Some things wrongs with american version if they wanna call it Godzilla:
1) Bullets hurt the creature
2) way to many eggs laid by it
3) climbs buildings instead of destoying them
4) It died (Godzilla is unstoppable)
5) Other then that the movie is good, but wasn't Godzilla

cruel jedi
Originally posted by NemeBro

I agree wit you there mate. The 1998 re-make was a great film and i think they should do it again but try to keep some of the original actors (from 1998) The main actor (cant remember his name lol) was good and suited that role yes

jinXed by JaNx
Hollywood already had their chance and they made a movie that was almost as bad as the Jap movies. Let the Koreans have a go with Godzilla. The Host was far better than any jap or merica monster movie, excluding King Kong.

Nemesis X
I would rather see a remake of Godzilla vs. King Kong instead of a sequel for that 1998 trash they call a Godzilla movie.

jinXed by JaNx
i'm still asking the question...,do we really need another Godzilla movie? What's so good about Godzilla? The movies are garbage.

Davis Bloome
The movies are only garbage because most of the time the character isn't taken seriously. The minute they take Godzilla in a series direction the movies will be better.

FeelGood
If Zilla 98 wasn't called Godzilla, the movie would have been more popular.

It was a fine film.

Himaloy
oooh no,please don't make another one America sad

sheila143
Hell no another American remake of Godzilla,stop it man

Davis Bloome
I wouldn't mind another American made Godzilla as long as powers wise it's more in tact with the Japanese Godzilla. However, I think they should keep the design from the 1998 movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.