I thought plagiarism was a serious offense...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Schecter
people on this forum get caught trying to pass off someone else's words as their own, and it doesnt seem that big a deal. i find this odd. i always thought that plagiarism was a heinous offense and instantly discredited anyone's position on...well...anything. people have been disgraced utterly for getting caught in the act...but now it seems people get caught, they simply ignore it, and the conversation moves on like it never happened.

have we as a society grown too lax on this crime? and what of we on this particular forum? do you think this complete lack of any accountability is just an internet thing or is it worse than that? maybe you feel its no big deal at all?

discuss.

JacopeX
As long as it is being "Quoted", i'm fine with it.

chithappens
I'm pretty sure he means blatant, non quoting plagiarism like FOTN just did in "Racism and Whiteness"

Schecter
some people mistakenly forget to site a source AND use quotes (imho both are common courtesy unless a source is not relevant). however i have seen blatant acts of copying other people's literal pros and trying to pass them off as their own. when they get caught its just as quickly forgotten and they are allowed to continue debating as if they had credibility...and the kicker is everyone seems to go on entertaining them like it never happened. this blows my mind.

Robtard
Originally posted by Schecter
some people mistakenly forget to site a source AND use quotes (imho both are common courtesy unless a source is not relevant). however i have seen blatant acts of copying other people's literal pros and trying to pass them off as their own. when they get caught its just as quickly forgotten and they are allowed to continue debating as if they had credibility...and the kicker is everyone seems to go on entertaining them like it never happened. this blows my mind.

Funniest parts, is when they add a few choice words to the paragraph/article in an attempt to make it their own.

It's one thing to copy/paste and forget to add quotes, but to add words? That proves they had every intention of stealing the material.

chillmeistergen
On here they should be banned instantly, as far as I'm concerned. Off the internet, and when the work that is being plagiarised, is used specifically for financial gain or academic gain; the offence should be punishable by law.

2D_MASTER

Symmetric Chaos
Well I think information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information should be held solely responsible. KMC Forums should not be held responsible for member-posted information that may violate copyright law.

Schecter

2D_MASTER

Schecter
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Well I think information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information should be held solely responsible. KMC Forums should not be held responsible for member-posted information that may violate copyright law.

i agree completely on the last part. however i think the legallity of such potential liability is resolved/rendered moot with the user agreement upon registering. but then again the same can apply to anything posted here.

i guess im asking is: is this crossing the 'banning line' or is it no big deal?

chithappens

Röland
As far as plagiarism goes, I think it's an issue that isn't taken serious enough. I'm in college and I've seen my fellow students copy other's work but change it slightly enough to not look the same. It annoys me when the students who do that get A's for doing little or no work at all.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by chithappens
WTF is wrong with paraphrasing?

What the hell are you talking about?Who said anything regarding "paraphrasing"?

Naz

I think it depends if it puts Raz under any potential lawsuits for having plagiarized material on his site. If it doesn't, the people who are plagiarizing should definitely be reprimanded, but if it does, then I say ban their asses.

Schecter
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
What the hell are you talking about?Who said anything regarding "paraphrasing"?

look, if you cant keep up with the discussion perhaps you shouldnt try

chillmeistergen
Ban them no matter what, as far I'm concerned. It's basically theft.

2D_MASTER
look, if you cant keep up with the discussion perhaps you shouldnt try

Erm, I for one wasn’t even talking about it, so why the hell was I quoted? Stop thinking that this forum is a place for intellectual discourse. Like I said, most people who post here probably haven’t even graduated High School.

Shakyamunison
people on this forum get caught trying to pass off someone else's words as their own, and it doesnt seem that big a deal. i find this odd. i always thought that plagiarism was a heinous offense and instantly discredited anyone's position on...well...anything. people have been disgraced utterly for getting caught in the act...but now it seems people get caught, they simply ignore it, and the conversation moves on like it never happened.

have we as a society grown too lax on this crime? and what of we on this particular forum? do you think this complete lack of any accountability is just an internet thing or is it worse than that? maybe you feel its no big deal at all?

discuss.

It happens all the time in the RF. People cut and paste from Christian sites and never tell you the site they came from. I think they do this so you can't go to the site and find reasons to debunk their information.

Schecter
Originally posted by Naz
I think it depends if it puts Raz under any potential lawsuits for having plagiarized material on his site. If it doesn't, the people who are plagiarizing should definitely be reprimanded, but if it does, then I say ban their asses.

but that doesnt matter. theoretically according to the agreement we all checked when we registered, they cannot be held liable for anything we post. they can however recieve a cease and desist order, in which case THEN they have been made aware of the issue and as site owners they then have to resolve/remove it.

this is besides the point, anyway. legality is not the issue. plently of people are banned for bashing/spamming/etc, forum offenses which are completely legal yet against the rules. so lets not mix law with etiquette.

Robtard
Originally posted by chithappens
WTF is wrong with paraphrasing?

We're not talking about paraphrasing, we're talking about outright plagerism... as in copy and pasting a paragraph, and trying to pass it off as your own ideas.

smackdr
Anyone who plagiarizes should be hung!

Robtard
Originally posted by smackdr
Anyone who plagiarizes should be hung!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/453329_63-racism-and-whiteness

Go get em, tiger!

Symmetric Chaos
i agree completely on the last part. however i think the legallity of such potential liability is resolved/rendered moot with the user agreement upon registering. but then again the same can apply to anything posted here.

That whole thing was plagarized from the KMC rules wink

§P0oONY

Captain REX
I despise plagiarism.

If anyone plagiarizes a story within the General Fiction area (which hasn't happened in a long time), I delete the story and hand out a warning that says "Next time you do something wrong, you're banned."

Someone tried it with "Crime & Punishment" by Dostevsky (sp?).

Again, it also happens with NuclearWinters ranting crap in the Conspiracy forum. He listed all this random bullshit, and it turned out to be stolen from many different conspiracy sites. Not even credible ones.

Shakyamunison

Captain REX
Oh, and with FOTN's thread, Schecter...

I would have caught that immediately. It's completely not his style of posting.

BackFire

discuss.

You stole this whole statement from www.dicktopia.com

You should be ashamed.

Schecter

Evil Dead
correct. if there were factual evidence to support a claim it wouldn't be a conspiracy, it would be factual common knowledge. Calling conspiracy theorists out for not getting their information from a credible source is like playing basketball with a retarded kid and calling him out on double dribbling.......you've got to let some shit slide. (I did steal that analogy from somewhere......damned if I can remember though).

InnerRise

discuss. What do you expect to happen on a message board when Plagiarism occurs?

This isn't an english paper. What does it matter if a 13 year old plagiarises a statement about Power Ranges to another 12 year old?

It doesn't matter.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Schecter
well, that was a pointless and irrelevant generalisation, thank you.

Robtard
Originally posted by InnerRise
What do you expect to happen on a message board when Plagiarism?

This isn't an english paper. What does it matter if a 13 year old plagiarises a statement about Power Ranges to another 12 year old?

It doesn't matter.

He wasn't referring to 13 year olds in the comic book forum.

What does "Anata wa wakarimasu ka" mean; why do you post it everywhere?

InnerRise
Originally posted by Robtard
He wasn't referring to 13 year olds in the comic book forum.

What does "Anata wa wakarimasu ka" mean; why do you post it everywhere? I wasn't referring to them either.

Robtard
I wasn't referring to them either.

Creshosk
What does "Anata wa wakarimasu ka" mean Do you understand?

Robtard
Originally posted by Creshosk
Do you understand?

Thanks.

Shakyamunison
Do you understand?

No. What does not mean? confused

laughing

Creshosk
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
No. What does not mean? confused

laughing Comprende?

Shakyamunison
Comprende?

I was joking. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

WrathfulDwarf
Anyone doing plagiarism will get his soul stolen by this doll.

3gwDRP9Ka9c&watch_response

Creshosk
I was joking. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud Agnosco tu?

Oh wait, you ended the joke string already.

Schecter

http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=59530

teh googlez knowz. he wont tell you and will simply captialise it

ANATA WA WAKARIMASA KA

Robtard
http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=59530

teh googlez knowz. he wont tell you and will simply captialise it

ANATA WA WAKARIMASA KA

I see, he's one of "those people".

debbiejo
I never plagiarize... no

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
I never plagiarize... no

That is a lie. stick out tongue

debbiejo
O?

InnerRise
O? PLAGIARISM!!!

oh

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

debbiejo
I C

Shakyamunison
O?

You tries once to get away with it, but everyone figured you out. stick out tongue

Robtard

discuss.

Well, considering the responses Schecter, I guess plagiarism isn't a big deal, nor does it affect ones credibility. I wonder if outright lying is?

Shakyamunison
Well, considering the responses Schecter, I guess plagiarism isn't a big deal, nor does it affect ones credibility. I wonder if outright lying is?

Normal! laughing

inimalist
why don't we just make a thread where, as a community, we expose plagiarism and encourage people to add those responsible for it to their ignore lists?

Things would get mighty quiet round here though smile

that way nobody needs to play daddy mod

Robtard
Originally posted by inimalist
why don't we just make a thread where, as a community, we expose plagiarism and encourage people to add those responsible for it to their ignore lists?

Things would get mighty quiet round here though smile

that way nobody needs to play daddy mod

If you were in a debate with someone, and the person outright plagiarized; tried to pass something off as 'his' own work in an attempt to both sound more intelligent and counter your points in the process, it wouldn't bother you?

inimalist
If you were in a debate with someone, and the person outright plagiarized; tried to pass something off as 'his' own work in an attempt to both sound more intelligent and counter your points in the process, it wouldn't bother you?

we both know it would and does wink

the thing is, I think we all live for that kind of stuff on here. the days following the banning of Starhawk were the quietest since I started prowling the GF.

If we all stopped talking with them, they wouldn't have people to use plagiarized material against.

chithappens
We're not talking about paraphrasing, we're talking about outright plagerism... as in copy and pasting a paragraph, and trying to pass it off as your own ideas.

My mistake in not being clear. I meant why be too lazy to paraphrase.

debbiejo
You tries once to get away with it, but everyone figured you out. stick out tongue Were you a member then?? That was a long long time ago. And I could of swore that it was me who thought it up. Not Socrates. laughing out loud

Robtard
Originally posted by inimalist
we both know it would and does wink

the thing is, I think we all live for that kind of stuff on here. the days following the banning of Starhawk were the quietest since I started prowling the GF.

If we all stopped talking with them, they wouldn't have people to use plagiarized material against.

I don't think delinquent plagiarist should be permanently banned... just mocked, ridiculed and shown for the asshats they are.

BTW, I'm not talking about the guy who copy/pastes a single line and adds it to his diatribe as garnish.

Schecter
I don't think delinquent plagiarist should be permanently banned... just mocked, ridiculed and shown for the asshats they are.

thats where i disagree. i dont think it should be a permanent ban the first time they're caught. but the second, yes i do think they should pull the chain and flush the idiot out of here for good.*

*im talking about a blatantly willful act of plagiarism, not simply forgetting to quote and/or link the source.

InnerRise
Plagiarism (from Latin plagiare "to kidnap"wink is the practice of claiming, or implying, original authorship or incorporating material from someone else's written or creative work, in whole or in part, into ones own without adequate acknowledgement. Unlike cases of forgery, in which the authenticity of the writing, document, or some other kind of object, itself is in question, plagiarism is concerned with the issue of false attribution. Plagiarism can also occur unconsciously; in some cultures certain forms of plagiarism are accepted because the concept can be interpreted differently.

Generally, although plagiarism is often loosely referred to as theft or stealing, it has not been set as a criminal matter in the courts. Likewise, plagiarism has no standing as a criminal offense in the common law. Instead, claims of plagiarism are a civil law matter, which an aggrieved person can resolve by launching a lawsuit. Acts that may constitute plagiarism are in some instances treated as copyright infringement, unfair competition, or a violation of the doctrine of moral rights. The increased availability of intellectual property due to a rise in technology has furthered the debate as to whether copyright offences are criminal.

Robtard
LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism

InnerRise
That's a HUGE coincidence that they happen to ALMOST say SIMILAR things.

§P0oONY
The way of getting around this little plagiarism doosey is to simple make it satire. Copy the person's stuff and something to make it satire over plagiarism... Then you look twice as smart because it also appears you've mastered satire... Problem solved. happy

Creshosk
That's a HUGE coincidence that they happen to ALMOST say SIMILAR things.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Including the .

InnerRise
That was just a typo on my part.

Schecter
it happens

:edit: ha!!! well would you look at that!

InnerRise
I don't know what you guys are trying to imply, but I don't care.

If I feel the need to divulge some enlightenment on to you poor unfortunate souls by pulling out knowledge from my hypothalamus then I'll do so and you'll appreciate it.

chillmeistergen

If I feel the need to divulge some enlightenment on to you poor unfortunate souls then I'll do so and you'll appreciate.

Pretentious.

Creshosk

If I feel the need to divulge some enlightenment on to you poor unfortunate souls by pulling out knowledge from my hypothalamus then I'll do so and you'll appreciate it.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Well, personally I think that you're joking around so I'm going along with the joke...

Erm.. I mean... It's understandable it happens all the time.

Man I'm typoing all over the place . I'm just haveing an off day I guess ...

chillmeistergen
What's up with the numbers all over the shop?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by chillmeistergen

The running gag is a popular hallmark of comic and serious forms of entertainment. A running gag is an amusing situation or line that reappears throughout the work. They are often unintentional at first, but familiarity or popularity of such gags among viewers encourage their reappearance. Often, the humor in a running gag derives entirely from how often it is repeated.

Creshosk

That was just a typo on my part.

Just typos.

chillmeistergen
The running gag is a popular hallmark of comic and serious forms of entertainment. A running gag is an amusing situation or line that reappears throughout the work. They are often unintentional at first, but familiarity or popularity of such gags among viewers encourage their reappearance. Often, the humor in a running gag derives entirely from how often it is repeated.

Oh right.....plagiarised?

Symmetric Chaos
Oh right.....plagiarised?

Also an exlpanation of the phenomenon you're looking at cool

InnerRise
Well, personally I think that you're joking around so I'm going along with the joke...

Erm.. I mean... It's understandable it happens all the time.

Man I'm typoing all over the place . I'm just haveing an off day I guess ... Thank You. Someone who gets it and is not throwing accusations around left and right.

They are completely understandable typos.

Although I must say, you're having quite a few more of them then normal which has me suspicious of your true intentions.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

And I also must point out that this is blatant plagiarism here and you should be ashamed.

No quotations marks, no nothing.

I hate thieves.

chillmeistergen
Is is it an American thing to type then, instead of than?

Symmetric Chaos
And I also must point out that this is blatant plagiarism here and you should be ashamed.

I hate thieves.

I wrote that wiki article though confused

Quiero Mota

Not a big deal. Plagarism laws are so rigid its ridiculous.

My son told me that at his college, the student code of conduct's rule on plagarism states that if you use more than three consecutive words from a given peice of work, you must cite it. shock What the f**k?

Creshosk
Thank You. Someone who gets it and is not throwing accusations around left and right.

They are completely understandable typos.

Although I must say, you're having quite a few more of them then normal which has me suspicious of your true intentions.

I hate thieves.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... I've just been off mentally a bit. Last night I called sake, Wice Rine.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Not a big deal. plagiarism laws are so rigid its ridiculous.

My son told me that at his college, the student code of conduct's rule on plagiarism states that if you use more than three consecutive words from a given peice of work, you must cite it. shock What the f**k?

You'd have to be suspected of all out plagiarism, for that ever to be investigated.

InnerRise

Symmetric Chaos
My son told me that at his college, the student code of conduct's rule on plagarism states that if you use more than three consecutive words from a given peice of work, you must cite it. shock What the f**k?

hysterical

Thats just stupid.

(Who do I quote?)

(Gah! Another one.)

(damn)

Quiero Mota
You'd have to be suspected of all out plagiarism, for that ever to be investigated.

Even then, how would you prove it? I mean three consecutive words...thats like a needle in a haystack, que no? Its ridiculous.

Symmetric Chaos

Creshosk
hysterical

Thats just stupid.

(Who do I quote?)

(Gah! Another one.)

(damn) More than three.

Notr exactly three.

InnerRise
Your teachings have truly enlightened me. shock Good.

I try to enlighten all of man kind because we are all One Nation Under God With Liberty and Justice For All.

Symmetric Chaos
More than three.

Notr exactly three.

Anything constructive to say? Thats what I though.

Then let silence reign (Marvel Comics)

chillmeistergen
Good.

I try to enlighten all of man kind because we are all One Nation Under God With Liberty and Justice For All.

LOL. Yeah we're all one nation, sure.

Creshosk
LOL. Yeah we're all one nation, sure. Well I'm one nation, I don't know about the rest of you.

Quiero Mota
More than three.

Notr exactly three.

Three or more. My mistake.

Symmetric Chaos
Well I'm one nation, I don't know about the rest of you.

An army of one! (US Army)

Schecter
Even then, how would you prove it? I mean three consecutive words...thats like a needle in a haystack, que no? Its ridiculous.

i feel your conclusion that its no big deal is based on irrelevancy. that irrelevancy being the connection between overly strict rules at a university and the act of deliberately stealing someone's intellectual property/passing it off as one's own)

InnerRise
An army of one! (US Army) You're Pro War! oh

Symmetric Chaos
You're Pro War! oh

Actually I'm pro terrorism wink

Creshosk
Three or more. My mistake. Oh snap! eek!

Quiero Mota
i feel your conclusion that its no big deal is based on irrelevancy. that irrelevancy being the connection between overly strict rules at a university and the act of deliberately stealing someone's intellectual property/passing it off as one's own)

But you could still reword or paraphrase the person's work, and it still says the same thing/the message is still there, but because of a technicality you can dodge the law.

An army of one! (US Army)

You mean "Army Strong".

Symmetric Chaos
You mean "Army Strong".

That motto sucks.

Quiero Mota
It does.

Creshosk
You mean "Army Strong".

http://www.eaglecrest.com/images/products/65138LG.jpg
From here:

InnerRise
Paraphrasing is my friend. I do it ALL OF THE TIME.

Creshosk
Paraphrasing is my friend. I do it ALL OF THE TIME.

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... My friend is paraphrasing. All the time he does it.

InnerRise
From here:
http://www.eaglecrest.com/images/products/65138LG.jpg OWNT!!!

scissors

Symmetric Chaos
From here:

I prefer this one:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t49/SymmetricChaos/Posters/army-tank-drivers.jpg

InnerRise
My friend is paraphrasing. All the time he does it. Be persistent. You say "MY" and then you say "HE."

I have failed you. weep

Quiero Mota
From here:

Thats right; "Army Strong" is the ANG slogan.

OWNT!!!

scissors

Um...ok....

Schecter
But you could still reword or paraphrase the person's work, and it still says the same thing/the message is still there, but because of a technicality you can dodge the law.

in order to properly paraphrase (more than just mixing words/sentences and using synonyms) you must also have an understanding of what you are writing about. the reason people copy word for word is likely because they have no grasp of what they are copying. why else would someone do it?

Creshosk
Be persistent. You say "MY" and then you say "HE."

I have failed you. weep

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... I was consistent, I was talking about you, my friend.

ADarksideJedi
It is.Why should a man be selfish and have more then one wife?It is true that if you look in the bible that they did that then.But why should it keep on going?jm

Quiero Mota
in order to properly paraphrase (more than just mixing words/sentences and using synonyms) you must also have an understanding of what you are writing about. the reason people copy word for word is likely because they have no grasp of what they are copying. why else would someone do it?

That's true, ey. And that would apply to a whole paragraph. If you copy an entire paragraph word-for-word thats pretty obvious and if you get caught, you're a dumbass and deserve to get whatever happens to you. But I'm talking about 3 consecutive words..thats stupid. How would someone prove that ripped you off someone else's work?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
It is.Why should a man be selfish and have more then one wife?It is true that if you look in the bible that they did that then.But why should it keep on going?jm

Of course of course

*backs away*

Quiero Mota

What?

Schecter

hahahahaha SCORE!!!

Creshosk
It is.Why should a man be selfish and have more then one wife? I agree with you, but that's polygamy, not plagiarism.

Quiero Mota
hahahahaha SCORE!!!

laughing out loud How did she confuse "plagarism" with "polygamy"??

InnerRise
I was consistent, I was talking about you, my friend. I see what you did there. no expression

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....Originally posted by Creshosk
I agree with you, but that's polygamy, not plagiarism. funny

Creshosk
laughing out loud How did she confuse "plagarism" with "polygamy"??

That's my guess.

Quiero Mota
That's my guess.

laughing out loud Que idiota....

Creshosk
I see what you did there. no expression

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... I'm not surprised. You're all seeing and all knowing after all right?

InnerRise
That's my guess. OWNT!!!

ermmlaugh

InnerRise
I'm not surprised. You're all seeing and all knowing after all right? You've never been more correct than ahora mismo en mi ojos. cry

chillmeistergen

Fantastic. Please tell me you're the greatest sock, to have ever existed....

Schecter
anyway, back to the issue of legallity, i did in fact bring up the issue of plagiarism laws in the original post. to be clear though, it wasnt my intention to imply that the two are related directly (kids plagiarising in a forum of debate and illegal copyright/intellectual property violation.)

i just feel that a lack honesty on such a basic level, in public interaction, is a sign of poor character and no personal honor nor accountability for one's acts. in short, little frauds grow up to be big frauds. this is not 'kids being kids' imho

chillmeistergen
No you're right, it's basically kids being completely dishonest and utterly selfish. It's lying at a worse level, as someone's actual work and/or words are at expense.

InnerRise
Being that Plagiarism isn't an issue for little kids and many aren't even aware they're doing it.

It doesn't really matter.

Kids are kids.

The fact that they're not citing really doesn't mean anything. If anything, they're getting in a lot of RESEARCH practice.

I'm not expecting little kids to know the MLA Format and start giving me a page full of citations.

My Conclusion: You're over reacting. They'll learn how to cite soon enough and learn when citing is necessary and when it isn't necessarily necessary but helpful, such as on Forums.

Creshosk
And then there are the ones who casually brush off accusations. "Well I posted it{credit or the srticles themselves} before in other threads." or "Its italicized, so you should have been able to tell." oir other such dodges where its the fault of the reader for not being able to read the other person's mind.

chillmeistergen
Thanks for pointing out the conclusion.......

The kids I'm talking about aren't eight, they know what they're doing and they know it's wrong.

inimalist
honestly though, while I share your guys emotions toward plagiarism, I don't see it as a very prevalent problem. 2damnloud was called on it almost immediately, and I can't think of any respectable posters that have even been accused of it.

It sucks, it is the pinnacle of intellectual dishonesty, we shouldn't believe what people who do it say or respect their opinions, but we can surely do that as a group.

I guess I have to cop-out to the illegal stuff though. If its plagiarizing copyrighted material it is only right that the mods get involved.

Schecter
Thanks for pointing out the conclusion.......

thats half of all he does

InnerRise
thats half of all he does That HALF way made sense.

funny

Schecter
...and thats the other half.

Secretus

Translation: I love teh cock.

ragesRemorse

discuss.

Its the internet man...calm down

spyda
plagiarism? omgwtfbbq!!!1!

Schecter
idiots

Alfheim

You refering to this?

http://www.uwm.edu/~gjay/Whiteness/Whitenesstalk.html

word for word

Didnt he get the link from this site?

Originally posted by 2damnloud

The ironic thing is.......

Are you ready for this................?

The guy who wrote that is "white"! http://www.uwm.edu/~gjay/

Schecter
Originally posted by Alfheim
You refering to this?

i quoted exactly what i referred to.
didnt feel like dragging that argument into the discussion since its irrelevant.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by JacopeX
As long as it is being "Quoted", i'm fine with it.

What about when you plagiarized? Where you O.K. with that? How soon we forget.

KharmaDog
Just in case you forgot:

And now the original
(which is at least 6 years older than JacopeX ).

Black and White by Unknown Author

A black man talks to a white man:
When I was born I was black,
When I grew up I was black,
When I'm sick I'm black,
When I go in the sun I'm black,
When I'm cold I'm black,
When I die I'll be black.

But you:
When you're born you're pink,
When you grow up you're white,
When you're sick, you're green,
When you go in the sun you turn red,
When you're cold you turn blue,
and when you die you turn purple.
And you have the nerve to call me colored.

Remember that Jaco?

Bardock42
Yo, K to the D, whazzup?!?

InnerRise
...and thats the other half. Still not making sense. I say you'd do better to plagiarise something that did make sense. wink

Robtard
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Just in case you forgot:

Originally posted by JacopeX
((heres a story me and ma friends ((Matarrdona000, chica boom1, and el fracasado)) made this shit up.

Hispanic man walks into a cafe one early morning and noticed that he was the only Hispanic man there. As he sat down, he noticed a white man behind him.The white man said, "Colored people are not allowed here." The Hispanic man turned around and stood up. He then said:
"Listen Pendejo....

when i was born, i was tan, "
"When i grew up, i was tan, "
"When i'm sick, i'm tan, "
"When i go in the sun, i'm tan, "
"When I'm cold, i'm tan, "
"When i die, i'll be tan ."
But you pendejo...."

"When you're born, you're pink, "
"When you grow up, you're white, "
"When you're sick, you're green, "
"When you go in the sun, you turn red, "
"When you're cold, you turn blue, "
"And when you die, you turn purple."
"And you have the nerve to call me colored?"

And now the original
(which is at least 6 years older than JacopeX ).

Black and White by Unknown Author

A black man talks to a white man:
When I was born I was black,
When I grew up I was black,
When I'm sick I'm black,
When I go in the sun I'm black,
When I'm cold I'm black,
When I die I'll be black.

But you:
When you're born you're pink,
When you grow up you're white,
When you're sick, you're green,
When you go in the sun you turn red,
When you're cold you turn blue,
and when you die you turn purple.
And you have the nerve to call me colored.

Originally posted by KharmaDog
Remember that Jaco?

I heard a black stand-up comedian say that 10+ years ago on Showtime (possibly HBO)...

Is anyone surpised JacopeX is that dumb though?

xmarksthespot
It's just a little plagiarism, no bif deal. doped

FeceMan

discuss.
Link to the offense.

Schecter
im really adamant about the issue and would rather read opinions of members who have little or nothing to prove at the internets. if i post quotes then its 15 pages of watching 2 morons backpeddle on their unicycle, juggling bowling pins...which has become the state of the gdf. so...in short...."no"

:edit: ill describe the 2 scenarios though

member A: took paragraphs from another person's writings and irrelevant filler...like watering down someone elses vodka i guess.
blatant attempt to post someone else's work as their own.

member B: also argues with paragraphs of someone elses text. this person has invented a rule that if you quote an article anywhere in a 60 page thread, you then have the right to post passages sporatically with no words of their own, no quotation, no emphasis whatsoever.

the common element: its like debating cheat cards...well worse...far more retarded than any metaphore i could come up with...imho

FeceMan
I found it.

It was dumb. He's going to die in a fire.

Robtard
im really adamant about the issue and would rather read opinions of members who have little or nothing to prove at the internets. if i post quotes then its 15 pages of watching 2 morons backpeddle on their unicycle, juggling bowling pins...which has become the state of the gdf. so...in short...."no"

:edit: ill describe the 2 scenarios though

member A: took paragraphs from another person's writings and irrelevant filler...like watering down someone elses vodka i guess.
blatant attempt to post someone else's work as their own.

member B: also argues with paragraphs of someone elses text. this person has invented a rule that if you quote an article anywhere in a 60 page thread, you then have the right to post passages sporatically with no words of their own, no quotation, no emphasis whatsoever.

the common element: its like debating cheat cards...well worse...far more retarded than any metaphore i could come up with...imho

You forgot to mention, they're both *looks around* "Black people"... Think it could be a "genetic thing"?

InnerRise
You forgot to mention, they're both *looks around* "Black people"... Think it could be a "genetic thing"? I seriously hope you're joking.

If you are joking then disregard the rest of this post from this point on.

If you're not joking, answer me this.

Is your ignorance genetic?

Robtard
I seriously hope you're joking.

If you are joking then disregard the rest of this post from this point on.

If you're not joking, answer me this.

Is your ignorance genetic?

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... \

The fact that I quoted two specific points, didn't make it obvious? You ruined my jab, you sensitive tw@t.

"I also hate people. Young, old, it doesn't matter, they all suck and can go and take a flying leap." Then why don't you take a flying leap off a tall building emo-****.

InnerRise
\

The fact that I quoted two specific points, didn't make it obvious? You ruined my jab, you sensitive tw@t.

Yay!

youpi

"I also hate people. Young, old, it doesn't matter, they all suck and can go and take a flying leap." Then why don't you take a flying leap off a tall building emo-****.

And you sir/madam/thing are one of the main reasons why that quote is in my profile.

doped

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>