Classic Thor and Superman Returns Feats

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Kenobi
In Superman Returns, Supes had some wild feats!

Of course the one that stood out the most was how he tussled with that 747 for a while before softly laying it down.

Which one of the following Marvel characters/groups could pull it off and how would they do it?

Classic Thor
Iron Man
Namor
Fantastic Four

NoFate007
I don't think any of those listed could do that. Namor and Iron Man definitely aren't as powerful as Superman...Thor might be physically, but he's a bit more brutal and I don't think he'd be delicate enough to not just throw it around lol...Fantastic 4 would rely mostly on Sue.

ragesRemorse
if your talking realistically none. Thor and ironman are strong enough to lift a 747, not so sure about ironman. niegther have such versatile flight capabilities.
the weight of the plane would also be multiplied by the gravety pulling down on the plane. Maximum velocity for a free falling human peaks at 150 MPH, we dont even weigh a portion of quarter of quarter of a 747. Superman struggles with the plane, means that thor and ironman fail.

The fantastic four wouldnt be able to do anything, torch is only as strong as a human, so his flight would be useless, by the time the plane reached a hieght to where the fantastic four could do something as a team, the impact force would be to strong to safely stop the plane. Invisible womans shield would be useless. If she creats a shield around the plane, the plane still crashes into the shield, does she make a force field around the passengers, gravity still pulls them down onto the shield crushing them all.
The only possiblity they have in saving everyone is for torch to get the people out of the plane in mid flight, Thing and invisible woman stand on something mid flight sapable of supporting the weight of 100 passengers, while thing holds onto invisible woman while she creats a shield around everyone in mid air. This though is outlandish even for comics

Namor? i mean really..what?

Darth_Kenobi
I think Iron w/ plot device: some type of anti-gravity beam or tractor beam built into a new prototype suit.

Saving the plane destroys his suit, and maybe the plane is not put down as gently, but IM gets the job done.

Out.

roughrider
I think Thor might call upon a huge wind storm to lessen the descent of the jet, before physically helping it to land.
But, these feats in comics or movies are written with the hero in mind, and what they can do. Spider Man doesn't get the kind of problems Superman gets; likewise, Spider Man's feats wouldn't make Superman break a sweat, really.

Endless Mike
Reed turns into a trampoline.

K3VIL
Thor can surely make it.He is in Superman's league.Not to mention he could also use the winds he commands to stabilize the airplane.
The Kryptonite Island feat was outstanding cause Supes was actually lifting it while surrounded by Kryptonite huge crystals.But Thor, despite not being vulnerable to K-Nite could surely lift that landmass.

zeel
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
if your talking realistically none. Thor and ironman are strong enough to lift a 747, not so sure about ironman. niegther have such versatile flight capabilities.
the weight of the plane would also be multiplied by the gravety pulling down on the plane. Maximum velocity for a free falling human peaks at 150 MPH, we dont even weigh a portion of quarter of quarter of a 747. Superman struggles with the plane, means that thor and ironman fail.

The fantastic four wouldnt be able to do anything, torch is only as strong as a human, so his flight would be useless, by the time the plane reached a hieght to where the fantastic four could do something as a team, the impact force would be to strong to safely stop the plane. Invisible womans shield would be useless. If she creats a shield around the plane, the plane still crashes into the shield, does she make a force field around the passengers, gravity still pulls them down onto the shield crushing them all.
The only possiblity they have in saving everyone is for torch to get the people out of the plane in mid flight, Thing and invisible woman stand on something mid flight sapable of supporting the weight of 100 passengers, while thing holds onto invisible woman while she creats a shield around everyone in mid air. This though is outlandish even for comics

Namor? i mean really..what?

Thor is not quite on par with supes as far as strength goes but he could easily lift a airplane. As far as the fancy flying during that sceen. If memory serves thor is still dependant on his hammer (sigh) to control his flight correct me if im wrong. And if there are any doubts to thor's strength all he needs is his belt of strength.

thor with belt of strength = sundipped supes on steriods.

Its comics hollywood can make it work if they really want to.

Endrict Nuul
Why is this in the movie forums?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by zeel
Thor is not quite on par with supes as far as strength goes but he could easily lift a airplane. As far as the fancy flying during that sceen. If memory serves thor is still dependant on his hammer (sigh) to control his flight correct me if im wrong. And if there are any doubts to thor's strength all he needs is his belt of strength.

thor with belt of strength = sundipped supes on steriods.

Its comics hollywood can make it work if they really want to.

oh yeah, Thor is strong enough to lift an airplane. I do not think he is strong enough to stop a 747 falling at terminal velocity though. When in flight he only has one free hand. Superman, who has free range of motion when in flight, struggled to gain a handing on the plane.

roughrider
Both Thor & Superman could have carried the plane if they could. Superman extends his bio-aura by touch with the aircraft, and with concentration flies it as he flies. Thor lets mjolnir do the work, like when he was dragging Avengers Island through the water by flying with mjolnir out in front.
However, the plane was breaking apart in the movie (going to pieces in Superman's grip) so that last resort was necessary.
Thor could have stopped it the same way; Iron Man the same way using the repulsors in his boots to bring it down somewhat softly instead of crashing (it would be a large power drain.) Reed of the Fantastic Four would be the key; getting something like anti-gravity disks attached to the hull (by the Human Torch), then having them kick in to slow the fall down, cushioned by a force field made by the invisible Woman.
I'm afraid Namor's the only one who couldn't prevent it from crashing. A wet Namor may be strong enough to lift a jetliner on the ground, but his powers wouldn't work to stop it falling.

K3VIL
A Namor fresh out of water is a high Class 100, if he's wearing his black costume which keeps constantly wet his body then he could pull it out, he has supersonic flight speed, he has the strength and the reflexes, so why couldn't he make it?
Thor, current Thor, has also the Odin Force, even a small fraction is sufficient to grant him supersonic flight speed and so he could do it the same way supes did it, who said he's brutal, I recall when he aided by Gladiator saved and airplane from crashing at the JFK airport, he need Kallark assistance but still showed to perform great manouvers despite many believing his Mjolnir granted flight is as versatile as common flight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.