Charlie Bone vs Harry Potter?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lionlover2053
Has anyone read any of the Charlie Bone books? I looked at the description of book 1 in the series and it sounded like kind of a rip off of the Harry Potter books.

I'm just wondering if anybody has read them and if someone has, are they actually any good...how much different are they from the Potter books (because I seriously doubt they could even be half as good as the Potter books).

Running Mascara
Never heard of them....or maybe I have hmm

lionlover2053
Yeah I hadn't either until I saw them near Harry Potter books in Borders and Barnes & Noble. I just wonder if they're any good...but they sound like a complete rip off of the Potter books.

Running Mascara
Hmm...If I remember to, I'll check them out hmm

Sparkling Heart
I read the 3rd book(couldn't really understand the book since I didn't read from the starting) and no,Its not a rip-off.I bought it from Scholastic and the ad was"Do you like Harry Potter books?If you do then you might love Charlie Bone!".Its different though and not at all like Hp.

Running Mascara
Are they good though??

Sparkling Heart
I dont know.I never really understood it very well.I guess its okay but not that good.

Running Mascara
o0o0o0o

Sparkling Heart
yupz

[Walkah]
I've read them all. Good series, aimed at younger readers than Harry Potter, but still good.

The Phantom
Originally posted by
I've read them all. Good series, aimed at younger readers than Harry Potter, but still good. How young? Harry Potter is meant for a young audience too.

[Walkah]
Originally posted by The Phantom
How young? Harry Potter is meant for a young audience too.

Well, Jenny Nimmo writes in a way that is easier for younger audiences to understand. I mean, they'll get more than just the main idea. If you read the books I think you might understand my meaning more.

Linkinpark200
Charlie Bone is good im on the 4th book.and its not a complete rip off.
tell me how many people do you in harry potter who have mutant powers.And if you like The X-Men you will love charlie bone.Charlie bone is a great descandant of the Red King.The Red King's desandants have 1 of his pwoers like Tancred.He has storm power's.Its very good though.

InnerRise
D-D-Did you j-just say STORM'S POWER!!!!!!!!

GOTTA FIND THESE BOOKS!

tripp

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

FallenxAngel
mmm Who bumped this thread.

InnerRise
Don't hate. Book sounds good and Harry Potter is over.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Linkinpark200
Originally posted by InnerRise
D-D-Did you j-just say STORM'S POWER!!!!!!!!

GOTTA FIND THESE BOOKS!

tripp

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... tancred really doesent play a big role in the 1st book but in the 2nd he is a very good character.

Morgromir
charlie brown vs harry potter ??!! wtf

Morgromir
oooh charlie bone.

Morgromir
is it one of those crappy , kids or teens with powers to save the world thing ? cause im sick of seeing that stuff EVERYWHERE

CloneCaptin Fox
Harry Pottor because it has more magic in it but never heard of the Charlie Bobe books at first i thought you mean't the Charlire Brown Books starwars

raven09
havent read it though...but looks interesting smile

MelodieBone
I have! I've read all the seven books so far,and soon i'll buy the new one Charlie Bone & The Red Knight.The series are a m a z i n g i'm obsessed with Charlie Bone from the first day I read it!It was also going to be a movie,but it was postponed or cancelled,i dont really know why T.T .. so i believe that there IS life after Harry Potter! You should read it ;]

siriuswriter
comparing apples with oranges....

RoguePw25
I've seen the Charlie Bone books, but have never read them. What are they about?

Gryffindorrox
Oh, you sillies! Don't compare Charlie Bone to Harry Potter, they are absolutely nothing alike. I have read all eight books, and have loved every single page. I would give CB five stars, and I feel sorry for all you sad little people out there who have not read it. Borrow it from the local library, buy it online (no excuse seeing as you are online now!) or at the shops, whatever, just get your hands on those eight books, alright? You'll seriously regret it if don't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.