Kimbo Slice vs Ray Mercer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MightyEInherjar
Kimbo Slice trys to take on someone more than a backyard brawler..

anyone planning on watching?

Healing Artisan
at first, i thought Mercer was going to walk right through Kimbo. i was calling it Mercer via KO

now that i know Kimbo is training with Bas Rutten, it's obvious Kimbo is more prepared than before.

Kimbo via GnP in the early first round.

Cosmo Kramer
I am watching it...but why does it start so late? I need some sleep.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Kimbo might beat the crap out of him.

Healing Artisan
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Kimbo might beat the crap out of him. if Kimbo learned anything from Bas Rutten, then he's ready for sure.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Healing Artisan
if Kimbo learned anything from Bas Rutten, then he's ready for sure.

I think he's ready. I hope he wins.

Healing Artisan
Kimbo won. Mercer was not prepared at all. he had no idea what to do in the fight.

Bas Rutten really trained Kimbo well. the guillotine was sinked in nice. Mercer came in this fight with no mma knowledge. dissapointing. anyway, Mercer has nothing to prove. he's a ****ing legend.

Cosmo Kramer
That was stupid.Whenever Kimbo fights its by his rules. When he fought Gannon they interfered and said "no grappling" and when he fights in the MMA they put him up against an old retired boxer. If he fought a UFC fight, the leauge would make sure the rules were in his favor.

Cosmo Kramer
He will fight old people from now on.

Healing Artisan
Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer
That was stupid.Whenever Kimbo fights its by his rules. When he fought Gannon they interfered and said "no grappling" and when he fights in the MMA they put him up against an old retired boxer. If he fought a UFC fight, the leauge would make sure the rules were in his favor. Kimbo is just beginning. he still needs to learn, and Bas is the best trainer out there. Kimbo has a bright future. i'm not a fan, but i dont want him to suceed. i dont want people thinking MMA is a streetfighting sport.

He will fight old people from now on. age doesn't play a factor in MMA. look at Randy Couture, he's over 40 and HW UFC Champ.

Mercer just wasn't prepared. he had no idea what to do on the ground.

StyleTime
Kimbo has a bright future. i'm not a fan, but i dont want him to suceed. i dont want people thinking MMA is a streetfighting sport.
I hate to sound mean to Kimbo since I don't know him, but I completely agree with you man. I hope Kimbo gets utterly destroyed before he fights anyone worth anything in MMA.

UFC is already ruining the MMA image with this whole "brawl/grudgematch" image they are trying to portray. If Kimbo succeeds, people will think MMA is just a toughman competition or a glorified streetfight. sad MMA is already running into problems because it's "too violent". The last thing we need is some dude off the street doing well.

Healing Artisan
Originally posted by StyleTime
I hate to sound mean to Kimbo since I don't know him, but I completely agree with you man. I hope Kimbo gets utterly destroyed before he fights anyone worth anything in MMA.

UFC is already ruining the MMA image with this whole "brawl/grudgematch" image they are trying to portray. If Kimbo succeeds, people will think MMA is just a toughman competition or a glorified streetfight. sad MMA is already running into problems because it's "too violent". The last thing we need is some dude off the street doing well. that's why i prefer K1 Kickboxing and Abu Dhabi tournaments.

Caps Conscience
Why don't you want a dude off the streets doing well doing what he is good at. If he goes back to the streets he is going to be hurting innocent people. At least in MMA he gets to put his skills to good use. I really don't know about some you guys......................

Healing Artisan
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Why don't you want a dude off the streets doing well doing what he is good at. If he goes back to the streets he is going to be hurting innocent people. At least in MMA he gets to put his skills to good use. I really don't know about some you guys...................... i have nothing against Kimbo, except for the fact that he has depicted himself as a streetfighter.

joining MMA makes it seem like the sport is nothing but brawling (referring to ignorant people). the sport loses the art of diversity in disciplines. i dont want 'streetfighting' to later be considered a discipline.

Caps Conscience
i have nothing against Kimbo, except for the fact that he has depicted himself as a streetfighter.

joining MMA makes it seem like the sport is nothing but brawling (referring to ignorant people). the sport loses the art of diversity in disciplines. i dont want 'streetfighting' to later be considered a discipline.

He can't deny what he is, and he didn't fight Mercer like streetfighter. He used real MMA skills. The guy is legit and crazy explosive if he stays focused he has good potential in MMA. If he fought Gannon the same way he fought Mercer he would be undefeated right now. As fan of MMA I want to see anybody thats has the tools to make exciting fight I don't care where they come from, period. Are you telling me that you would rather see Tim Silvia fight then Kimbo Slice? wink

Cosmo Kramer
My friends and I were arguing the other night over who Kimbo could and could not take. How do you think he would do against Mike Tyson (Prime), Randy Savage (Prime), Mr. T (Prime) and Mariusz Pudzianowski?

Healing Artisan
He can't deny what he is, and he didn't fight Mercer like streetfighter. He used real MMA skills. The guy is legit and crazy explosive if he stays focused he has good potential in MMA. If he fought Gannon the same way he fought Mercer he would be undefeated right now. As fan of MMA I want to see anybody thats has the tools to make exciting fight I don't care where they come from, period. Are you telling me that you would rather see Tim Silvia fight then Kimbo Slice? wink i never said he doesn't have great potential in MMA. anyone that works with Bas has potential. i understand he didn't fight Mercer with 'streetfighting' but that's what ignorant people will believe. I dont want MMA to be considered streetfighting.

Tim Sylvia? lol actually i wouldn't mind seeing that fight in the near future.

Caps Conscience
i never said he doesn't have great potential in MMA. anyone that works with Bas has potential. i understand he didn't fight Mercer with 'streetfighting' but that's what ignorant people will believe. I dont want MMA to be considered streetfighting.

Tim Sylvia? lol actually i wouldn't mind seeing that fight in the near future.

So because ignorant people are going to think ignorant thoughts you want this man to fail? roll eyes (sarcastic) That is just straight up wrong he deserves to be in there regardless of what anybody says if he is winning honing his skills in MMA he deserves his shot regardless of where he came from.

Healing Artisan
So because ignorant people are going to think ignorant thoughts you want this man to fail? roll eyes (sarcastic) That is just straight up wrong he deserves to be in there regardless of what anybody says if he is winning honing his skills in MMA he deserves his shot regardless of where he came from. did i say i want him to fail? i said i dont want him to suceed to a level of the likes of Fedor, Cro Cop etc...

ignorance spreads like a disease.

people still think on other forums that Aleksander Emelianenko is a nazi. laughing out loud

like i said, i dont want people to call this sport streetfighting.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Who is Kimbo gonna fight next?

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Who is Kimbo gonna fight next? '

Tank Abbot.

Healing Artisan
'

Tank Abbot. serious? should be entertaining. i'd like to see Kimbo face Buentello and Cabbage as well.

Cosmo Kramer
He will fight an old man.

Healing Artisan
He will fight an old man. age doesn't not play a factor in MMA.

Randy Couture = Over 40 and he's UFC HW Champ
Dan Severn = Over 50 and he's still fighting. Currently on a long winning streak defeating young fighters.

Caps Conscience
He will fight an old man.

Usually I'm with you on this kind of stuff, but Kimbo needs to get some easy fights under him in MMA to gain some experience. The next fight after that needs to be someone a little younger though.

Violent2Dope
Yo guys Kimbo's style is not brawling or streetfighting it's fisticuffs.

JacopeX
I really hate the man. There are many fighters far more superior fighting wise. Yet he gets too much attention. He got his ass handed to him by an ameture MMA fighter. Imagine what Ray would do to him.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by JacopeX
I really hate the man. There are many fighters far more superior fighting wise. Yet he gets too much attention. He got his ass handed to him by an ameture MMA fighter. Imagine what Ray would do to him.

Which Ray are you talking about? The on that he just choked out.

JacopeX
You mean the fight is done with!? laughing out loud

Violent2Dope
Kimbo isn't that bad he just needs some experience.

JacopeX
Tank abbot?

Next thing you know, he calls out Butterbean. laughing

Violent2Dope
Tank abbot?

Next thing you know, he calls out Butterbean. laughing F*CK BUTTERBEAN!

Healing Artisan
I really hate the man. There are many fighters far more superior fighting wise. Yet he gets too much attention. He got his ass handed to him by an ameture MMA fighter. Imagine what Ray would do to him. Bas Rutten is training with him. Kimbo is ready.

Healing Artisan
Tank abbot?

Next thing you know, he calls out Butterbean. laughing Originally posted by Violent2Dope
F*CK BUTTERBEAN!

Butterbean is getting hate on for no reason. the man is a good boxer, with a good MMA background.

he's easilyi the best fighter in the Super Heavyweight class.

MightyEInherjar
Anyone notice how Kimbo dropped like 40lbs for the fight? I was thinking he was going to wear himself out...but man, that was really disappointing. Money down the drain.

Right now, I think Kimbo vs Jeff Monson would be a great fight.

Healing Artisan
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Anyone notice how Kimbo dropped like 40lbs for the fight? I was thinking he was going to wear himself out...but man, that was really disappointing. Money down the drain.

Right now, I think Kimbo vs Jeff Monson would be a great fight. Monson is a great fighter. once the fight goes to the ground Monson will easily submit Kimbo. Monson is an Abu Dhabi champ.

but definitley a fight i would like to see in the future.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar

Right now, I think Kimbo vs Jeff Monson would be a great fight.

I don't think Kimbo is ready for that fight just yet.

Inspectah Deck
http://youtube.com/watch?v=d6VV22jFf2E

did ray even get in any punches?

JacopeX
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
F*CK BUTTERBEAN! He is a good boxer. What the hell are you talking about?

Violent2Dope
Every punch fatass takes leaves him open, he has no reach and zero stamina, if he lost all that weight he'd lose his only advantage.

JacopeX
Every punch fatass takes leaves him open, he has no reach and zero stamina, if he lost all that weight he'd lose his only advantage. He is in the super heavyweight division, so he is fighting boxers his own size.

Caps Conscience
http://pandachute.com/videos/kimbo_calls_out_tank_abbott

Kimbo calls out Tank.

Healing Artisan
Every punch fatass takes leaves him open, he has no reach and zero stamina, if he lost all that weight he'd lose his only advantage. it leaves him open cuz of his weight. think, do you know how much meat is on his arms and legs lol. the guy can barley move, but with that disadvantage he's doing an excellent job in mma and boxing.

his mma record is 10 wins with 3 loses.

he KO'd fighters much taller and stronger than him, he even submitted fighters. the guy is real mixed martial artists with a boxing background which helps him win fights.

how can you hate on someone thats succesful with such a disadvantage.

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/37/37336.jpg

i was in shock when he submitted Zuluzinho (Vale Tudo superheavyweight champ)

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/43/42502.jpg

edit: and the guy beat Cabbage. Arlovski had a hard time TKO'ing Cabbage, Butterbean did a great job.

Healing Artisan
http://pandachute.com/videos/kimbo_calls_out_tank_abbott

Kimbo calls out Tank. Kimbo has to be careful. 1 punch from Tank can end it.

Healing Artisan
He is in the super heavyweight division, so he is fighting boxers his own size. he's not boxing anymore, and he wasn't in superheavyweight division when he was boxing.

Violent2Dope
Butterbean's weight is his advantage. Every punch he puts the force of all his weight in it. He has NO stamina, this you cannot argue with. As for people being stronger than him, so what? He's just fat he's not that strong. And the submission pic you showed me, I'll admit that it's surprising that he did that, but alot of the force in that submission was due to his weight. One positive thing I have to say about him is that for a fat guy that puts his weight into every punch he swings fast.

Healing Artisan
Butterbean's weight is his advantage. Every punch he puts the force of all his weight in it. He has NO stamina, this you cannot argue with. As for people being stronger than him, so what? He's just fat he's not that strong. And the submission pic you showed me, I'll admit that it's surprising that he did that, but alot of the force in that submission was due to his weight. One positive thing I have to say about him is that for a fat guy that puts his weight into every punch he swings fast.

how can you say he has NO stamina? he's a boxer and mixed martial artist.

you cant be a boxer and not have any stamina. his boxing record is 77 wins with 7 losses.

Anyone that takes Cabbage Correia to 2 rounds and TKO's him gets my respect. Cabbage has one of the strongest chins in MMA.

and once again, his weight is his disadvantage. once the fight goes to the ground, he can't do much unless he has side control which is difficult to pull off for his weight.

i completley disagree with your post my friend.

Violent2Dope
how can you say he has NO stamina? he's a boxer and mixed martial artist.

you cant be a boxer and not have any stamina. his boxing record is 77 wins with 7 losses.

Anyone that takes Cabbage Correia to 2 rounds and TKO's him gets my respect. Cabbage has one of the strongest chins in MMA.

and once again, his weight is his disadvantage. once the fight goes to the ground, he can't do much unless he has side control which is difficult to pull off for his weight.

i completley disagree with your post my friend. Okay when I said no stamina I was comparing him to all boxers. He is not a stamina beast. So you think that Butterbean's reach doesn't suck? Bullshit. I agree his weight can be a disadvantage, but it's also his greatest advantage. When 400 pounds clocks you, you feel it.

Healing Artisan
Okay when I said no stamina I was comparing him to all boxers. He is not a stamina beast. So you think that Butterbean's reach doesn't suck? Bullshit. I agree his weight can be a disadvantage, but it's also his greatest advantage. When 400 pounds clocks you, you feel it. but the opponents he's facing are much faster than him and can move away from such shots.

you cant deny that he has proved alot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.