Winter Soldier (Spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CasanoVa
As we all know he's been back, for quite a while now, as we've seen how he's progressed (rather than just condemning the move from the start), what do the posters of KMC think about him being brought back?

And how he's being treated?

I personally really like it, he's probably my joint favourite character at the moment (the other being Iron Fist, coincidentally also penned by Ed Brubaker).

Also, did you see the way he took down Black Widow in Captain America 27? Pretty darn impressive IMO

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/bckyrunsthings.jpg

The lesson kids? Communism is for pussies.

grey fox
Originally posted by CasanoVa
As we all know he's been back, for quite a while now, as we've seen how he's progressed (rather than just condemning the move from the start), what do the posters of KMC think about him being brought back?

I personally really like it, he's probably my joint favourite character at the moment (the other being Iron Fist, coincidentally also penned by Ed Brubaker).

Also, did you see the way he took down Black Widow in Captain America 27? Pretty darn impressive IMO

Indeed it is.

Most attempts of bringing back Bucky sucked ass , save this ( a little comic-booky , but what could be expected ? ) and another one (some kind of huge crossover involving Lady Death , Tony screwing up on a bomb which wiped out a galaxy and Dr Druid getting pwned by Dracula) .

Winter Soldier is a bitter, angry ******* whos not too angsty and just enough bad-ass to enough to get a decent 8/10 on anything he touches

CasanoVa
Originally posted by grey fox
Indeed it is.

Most attempts of bringing back Bucky sucked ass , save this ( a little comic-booky , but what could be expected ? ) and another one (some kind of huge crossover involving Lady Death , Tony screwing up on a bomb which wiped out a galaxy and Dr Druid getting pwned by Dracula) .

Winter Soldier is a bitter, angry ******* whos not too angsty and just enough bad-ass to enough to get a decent 8/10 on anything he touches

Alot of people were complaining about how Bucky was one of those "can't ever bring back" characters, how it shits over his "death" etc. but I think they have really pulled it off. They've taken a dead character and replaced him with a totally enthralling one, which I never have any complaints about.

He's definetly extremely bad-ass though, he took down Cross-Bones with extreme ease and now beat Black Widow, he also held his own against Cap, thats pretty impressive.

I do hope he sticks around, because Brubaker really did work wonders with his revival (whereas it could have been like Jason Todd's and been utter shite).

grey fox
Alot of people were complaining about how Bucky was one of those "can't ever bring back" characters, how it shits over his "death" etc. but I think they have really pulled it off. They've taken a dead character and replaced him with a totally enthralling one, which I never have any complaints about.

He's definetly extremely bad-ass though, he took down Cross-Bones with extreme ease and now beat Black Widow, he also held his own against Cap, thats pretty impressive.

I do hope he sticks around, because Brubaker really did work wonders with his revival (whereas it could have been like Jason Todd's and been utter shite).

Too true, Jasons was a complete rip-off.

Evil_Ash

And he wasn't even looking at her. eek!

Hercules
I just finished reading Cap#27 Winter Soldier is bad ass and I love the fact hes out to get Tony.

outavodka

HE helped train her

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Hercules
I just finished reading Cap#27 Winter Soldier is bad ass and I love the fact hes out to get Tony.

I hope he does get Tony, I hope he gets Tony bang to rights and could kill him and then just decides not to. To let him live in shame of knowing that he'd basically robbed the world of the greatest man to ever walk on its soil.

It's pretty cool that he's basically got an ongoing (well half of one) and I'm far more interested about the Winter Soldier story than the Sharon Carter one to be honest.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Hercules

Everybody is out to get Tony, thing is Tony Stark isn't going anywhere.

willRules
I hope he does get Tony, I hope he gets Tony bang to rights and could kill him and then just decides not to. To let him live in shame of knowing that he'd basically robbed the world of the greatest man to ever walk on its soil.

It's pretty cool that he's basically got an ongoing (well half of one) and I'm far more interested about the Winter Soldier story than the Sharon Carter one to be honest.

Totally agree. Bucky rocks at the moment. The only way to make it better is to pick up the speed with the whole correspondence with Nick Fury. I love that (With the exception of killing Stark) Bucky is following Fury's orders (Unless Fury's a Skrull or something).

Overall Captain America is by far the best comic out there at the moment yes

Grimm22

That's pretty much what's going to happen erm

He'll use some kind of EMP or something to knock out Tony's armor, and then just beat the crap out of him.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by willRules
Totally agree. Bucky rocks at the moment. The only way to make it better is to pick up the speed with the whole correspondence with Nick Fury. I love that (With the exception of killing Stark) Bucky is following Fury's orders (Unless Fury's a Skrull or something).

Overall Captain America is by far the best comic out there at the moment yes
Unless Bucky himself is a Skrull and the rule about Bucky "never coming back" still applies. So far I like the character, hes not a kiss ass.

Martian_mind
I was so gonna make a thread like thois for Jason.

Tilll i saw that everyone despises him bar me.

If there is a cross-over i would like these two top meet,not necessarily fight,but a discussion between the two would be nice.

Martian_mind
Too true, Jasons was a complete rip-off.

didn't Jason get resurrected before Bucky?

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I was so gonna make a thread like thois for Jason.

Tilll i saw that everyone despises him bar me.

If there is a cross-over i would like these two top meet,not necessarily fight,but a discussion between the two would be nice.

Pfft.. I don't despise Jason Todd, his revival was just unnecessary (imo) and badly done, whereas Bucky's was very well done. In my eyes, Bucky is what Jason Todd wishes he was.

It wouldn't be fair for them to fight anyways, 'cause Bucky would obviously own him, it wouldn't be fair roll eyes (sarcastic)

Martian_mind
Pfft.. I don't despise Jason Todd, his revival was just unnecessary (imo) and badly done, whereas Bucky's was very well done. In my eyes, Bucky is what Jason Todd wishes he was.

It wouldn't be fair for them to fight anyways, 'cause Bucky would obviously own him, it wouldn't be fair roll eyes (sarcastic)

Buckies was better done,but just as unessecary.

My ass he would.Bucky was put in cold storage,a 12 yr old Jason woke up six foot under with broken limbs and dug his way out with a fuggin nutcracker. stick out tongue

CasanoVa
Buckies was better done,but just as unessecary.

My ass he would.Bucky was put in cold storage,a 12 yr old Jason woke up six foot under with broken limbs and dug his way out with a fuggin nutcracker. stick out tongue

Yeah, I'm glad we agree far better done. And very necessary I reckon, not at the time, but if you look at what they've done with him so far I think they had plenty reason to bring him back (seeing as Brubaker always planned for Captain America to die even at the start of his run).

Please, Bucky would destroy Jason.. Whilst Jason was out galavanting around Gotham City in tight shorts, Bucky was busy killing Nazi soldiers over on the front.

Anbody that's fought in WW2>>>Everybody Else That Didn't.

Martian_mind
Yeah, I'm glad we agree far better done. And very necessary I reckon, not at the time, but if you look at what they've done with him so far I think they had plenty reason to bring him back (seeing as Brubaker always planned for Captain America to die even at the start of his run).

Please, Bucky would destroy Jason.. Whilst Jason was out galavanting around Gotham City in tight shorts, Bucky was busy killing Nazi soldiers over on the front.

Anbody that's fought in WW2>>>Everybody Else That Didn't.

Not far better done,he had to alter Buckies history and personality to pul it offf,and while he did that well,it ultimately cheapened the return for me.Also Jason is now one of he Big Three in countdown,and is the one who's busted the monitors,so he is also very necessary.

Plus,Jason killed Captain Nazi,Hitlers ultimate dream,therefore anything Bucky did=fail.

CasanoVa
Not far better done,he had to alter Buckies history and personality to pul it offf,and while he did that well,it ultimately cheapened the return for me.Also Jason is now one of he Big Three in countdown,and is the one who's busted the monitors,so he is also very necessary.

Plus,Jason killed Captain Nazi,Hitlers ultimate dream,therefore anything Bucky did=fail.

Countdown = Crap (it really is, I'm still buying it but it's very inferior compared to 52).

Alter Bucky's personality? No, that's called character development erm people change. Alter Bucky's history? No, he didn't at all.. Bucky was only ever presumed dead, there wasn't say a lifeless body laying in Batman's arms.

How was Bucky brought back? Turns out he fell off the planes and was used as an agent by the Soviets, believable IMO.

How was Jason brough back? SBP retcon punch! no expression

Captain Nazi can't be killed anyways, as he's a living symbol of the Nazi party, as long as there are stil Nazis he'll always be around (that's what I percieved anyways).

Bucky punched Hitler.

Martian_mind
Countdown = Crap (it really is, I'm still buying it but it's very inferior compared to 52).

Alter Bucky's personality? No, that's called character development erm people change. Alter Bucky's history? No, he didn't at all.. Bucky was only ever presumed dead, there wasn't say a lifeless body laying in Batman's arms.

How was Bucky brought back? Turns out he fell off the planes and was used as an agent by the Soviets, believable IMO.

How was Jason brough back? SBP retcon punch! no expression

Captain Nazi can't be killed anyways, as he's a living symbol of the Nazi party, as long as there are stil Nazis he'll always be around (that's what I percieved anyways).

Bucky punched Hitler.

Doesn't mean it's not important,as you and i once discussed,Civil war was a hunk of crap but the aftershock universe is brilliant.

Yes they did.He was originally just a young enthusiastic sidekick but was retconned into being a Nazi killing machine despite no previous indication.he was retconned as well but in a different way to Todd.

I fail to see how keeping someone frozen using advanced cryogenics in the 1940's and equipping them with a robotic replacement is anymore believable then History being altered by a superpowered person hammering away in a nexus of realities,specially whjen both worlds are populated by gods.

Either way,electrocuting everything Hitler worked for>thyen anything Bucky can ever do.

grey fox

Changed his personality ?

Bucky has ALWAYS been an *******. The golden age just doesn't like to exemplify it....

Martian_mind
Changed his personality ?

Bucky has ALWAYS been an *******. The golden age just doesn't like to exemplify it....

Is that Wonderman fighting Hyperion bak there?

I'd really like some context on that.

CasanoVa
Doesn't mean it's not important,as you and i once discussed,Civil war was a hunk of crap but the aftershock universe is brilliant.

Yes they did.He was originally just a young enthusiastic sidekick but was retconned into being a Nazi killing machine despite no previous indication.he was retconned as well but in a different way to Todd.

I fail to see how keeping someone frozen using advanced cryogenics in the 1940's and equipping them with a robotic replacement is anymore believable then History being altered by a superpowered person hammering away in a nexus of realities,specially whjen both worlds are populated by gods.

Either way,electrocuting everything Hitler worked for>thyen anything Bucky can ever do.

Ok..

You fail to see how someone being kept alive using cryogenics, then given an artificial limb isn't believeable then somebody punching the "nexus of realities" and seperating worlds?

no expression

That's idiotic.

Bucky's personality was always like that, the media just painted him too look like a boyscout so he could be America's alternative to the Nazi Youth.

Jason Todd:

Dead
Lifeless body in Batman's arms
Resurected by someone punching universes apart.

Compared to Winter Soldier:

Presumed Dead
Body never found
Stored in cryogenics

How can they even be in the same league as retcons? One of them was extremely well done, the other was done extremely poorly IMO.

Martian_mind
Ok..

You fail to see how someone being kept alive using cryogenics, then given an artificial limb isn't believeable then somebody punching the "nexus of realities" and seperating worlds?

no expression

That's idiotic.

Bucky's personality was always like that, the media just painted him too look like a boyscout so he could be America's alternative to the Nazi Youth.

Jason Todd:

Dead
Lifeless body in Batman's arms
Resurected by someone punching universes apart.

Compared to Winter Soldier:

Presumed Dead
Body never found
Stored in cryogenics

How can they even be in the same league as retcons? One of them was extremely well done, the other was done extremely poorly IMO.

You fail to see that I have a problem with them doing that in the 1940's.

Both are idiotic,Jasons was just done more bluntly,Bucky has espionage and intrigue.

CasanoVa
You fail to see that I have a problem with them doing that in the 1940's.

Both are idiotic,Jasons was just done more bluntly,Bucky has espionage and intrigue.

Yeah, because in the 40's there wasn't androids running around and people weren't turning from 86lb weaklings into super soldiers or anything? Compared to that, cryogenics is old hat.

How is Bucky's resurrection idiotic? It's almost a parallel to Captain America's, but if he was found by the Soviets. I find it entirely believable.

But compared to somebody coming back to life because an alien from another universe came over to the DC main universe and punched the nexus of realities so hard that it forced changes in the time-stream.

How in the hell is that believable? erm, really.. lol

grey fox
Alsdo you state that 'Bucky was a eager youn ect'.

He has ALWAYS killed Nazis , before Winter Soldier, he was KILLING Nazis.

http://www.superdickery.com/images/propaganda/237_4_035.jpg

http://www.superdickery.com/images/propaganda/Young_Allies_Comics_No14_W.jpg

http://www.superdickery.com/images/propaganda/241_4_03.jpg

Martian_mind
Yeah, because in the 40's there wasn't androids running around and people weren't turning from 86lb weaklings into super soldiers or anything? Compared to that, cryogenics is old hat.

How is Bucky's resurrection idiotic? It's almost a parallel to Captain America's, but if he was found by the Soviets. I find it entirely believable.

But compared to somebody coming back to life because an alien from another universe came over to the DC main universe and punched the nexus of realities so hard that it forced changes in the time-stream.

How in the hell is that believable? erm, really.. lol

So your saying that in the comic book world,one scenario is more believable then another?

Jasons resurrection is perfectly believable in comic world,as is Buckies,so poorely handled and blunt can describe it but not stupid.

Look at yopur post again.Super-solidier serums,cryogenics,advanced prosthetics.Oh yeah,so less stupid.

Martian_mind
Alsdo you state that 'Bucky was a eager youn ect'.

He has ALWAYS killed Nazis , before Winter Soldier, he was KILLING Nazis.

http://www.superdickery.com/images/propaganda/237_4_035.jpg

http://www.superdickery.com/images/propaganda/Young_Allies_Comics_No14_W.jpg

http://www.superdickery.com/images/propaganda/241_4_03.jpg

You just showed me a bunch of covers of Bucky hurting Nazi who have artwork that make them look like freaking demons.

Evil_Ash
You just showed me a bunch of covers of Bucky hurting Nazi who have artwork that make them look like freaking demons.

You mean they arn't?

grey fox
So your saying that in the comic book world,one scenario is more believable then another?

Jasons resurrection is perfectly believable in comic world,as is Buckies,so poorely handled and blunt can describe it but not stupid.

Look at yopur post again.Super-solidier serums,cryogenics,advanced prosthetics.Oh yeah,so less stupid.

Oh come on MM now your being stubborn.

Guy goes missing
Guy get's amnesia
Taken Advatange of
Get's prosthetic

Guy punches wall which distorts all of reality.

Which is more realistic to you ?

grey fox

And ?

In all the 40's Bucky and Cap were killing Nazis , Marvel didn't think that was suitable for kids in the 60's and then shuffled it into a 'it didn't happen' portal. Now they've brought it back (albeit in a less insane manner).

Martian_mind
Oh come on MM now your being stubborn.

Guy goes missing
Guy get's amnesia
Taken Advatange of
Get's prosthetic

Guy punches wall which distorts all of reality.

Which is more realistic to you ?

I'M DRUNK DAMMIT!!!

Plus,that makes it far more simple sounding,but this is whats being said.

In the 1940's a plane explodes,a guy loses his arm,goes missing,and is preserved naturally 4 awhile.

Soviets find him and somehow brainwash him,equip him with a high-tech robotic limb and make him kill their enemies,using highly advanced cryogenics technquies for decades.

Saying one is stupider then the other is truly stupid,as both require suspension of belief to a great degree.

Martian_mind
And ?

In all the 40's Bucky and Cap were killing Nazis , Marvel didn't think that was suitable for kids in the 60's and then shuffled it into a 'it didn't happen' portal. Now they've brought it back (albeit in a less insane manner).

where they killing machines?did they sneak upo with daggers and slit throats?

and as io remember it's still canon that Cap didn't kill,only Bucky.So if what your sayings true they had to retcon Cap,witch is just as bad.

grey fox
I'M DRUNK DAMMIT!!!

Plus,that makes it far more simple sounding,but this is whats being said.

In the 1940's a plane explodes,a guy loses his arm,goes missing,and is preserved naturally 4 awhile.

Soviets find him and somehow brainwash him,equip him with a high-tech robotic limb and make him kill their enemies,using highly advanced cryogenics technquies for decades.

Saying one is stupider then the other is truly stupid,as both require suspension of belief to a great degree.

Drop the booze and step away from teh PC, lest you do yourself any harm.

CasanoVa

How idiotic.

Just because alot of far fetched things happen in comics, doesn't mean that you have to treat everything with the same level of believability.

Jason's resurrection is STUPID because it was poorly handled and blunt, why is it so stupid? Because it came from SBP's "Retcon Punch" which IMO was one of the stupidest moments in comics for a very long time.

And yeah, I looked at it.. So what? no expression

Marvel Earth is not our Earth, they are far more advanced technology wise than we are, how is it hard to believe that if they are capable of creating super soldiers and androids, then how is cryogenics beyond them?

Martian_mind
How idiotic.

Just because alot of far fetched things happen in comics, doesn't mean that you have to treat everything with the same level of believability.

Jason's resurrection is STUPID because it was poorly handled and blunt, why is it so stupid? Because it came from SBP's "Retcon Punch" which IMO was one of the stupidest moments in comics for a very long time.

And yeah, I looked at it.. So what? no expression

Marvel Earth is not our Earth, they are far more advanced technology wise than we are, how is it hard to believe that if they are capable of creating super soldiers and androids, then how is cryogenics beyond them?

Why is it so hard to believe that in Dc's universe,where they have a bunch of Guys with Rings that can do anything patrolling the spaceways and a god-like being with powers almost like photosynthesis that reality can be altered in such a way.

I'd understand if you were saying in real world ways that it was more believable,but as your saying that we can suspend belief for one character or not another it just doesn't sit right.

Thats just stupid.

CasanoVa
Why is it so hard to believe that in Dc's universe,where they have a bunch of Guys with Rings that can do anything patrolling the spaceways and a god-like being with powers almost like photosynthesis that reality can be altered in such a way.

I'd understand if you were saying in real world ways that it was more believable,but as your saying that we can suspend belief for one character or not another it just doesn't sit right.

Thats just stupid.

Alot of stories are good because they aren't believable, because people use comics to escape from reality. I never said that because they aren't realistic, they automatically are stupid, just in this instance I think it was too far of a stretch.

Yes, suspension of belief is needed for both characters, but there's only so much you can sit through before thinking "Ok, I let that one go, but this is just getting silly now", Jason Todd for me was one of those moments.

BTW: Captain America did kill during the war, after he was injected with the serum and it took affect, a Nazi spy killed Dr.Erskine and Steve killed him. He has killed, he just dislikes it with a passion, thats why Bucky did all the wet works during the war.

Martian_mind
Alot of stories are good because they aren't believable, because people use comics to escape from reality. I never said that because they aren't realistic, they automatically are stupid, just in this instance I think it was too far of a stretch.

Yes, suspension of belief is needed for both characters, but there's only so much you can sit through before thinking "Ok, I let that one go, but this is just getting silly now", Jason Todd for me was one of those moments.

BTW: Captain America did kill during the war, after he was injected with the serum and it took affect, a Nazi spy killed Dr.Erskine and Steve killed him. He has killed, he just dislikes it with a passion, thats why Bucky did all the wet works during the war.

Why didn't you say it like that before,without having to say my points where stupid?

CasanoVa
Why didn't you say it like that before,without having to say my points where stupid?

Because a lot of them were. innocent

CasanoVa

Martian_mind
Because a lot of them were. innocent

sure they were....mister debate a drunk and go around in circles for yonks and then sahimmy out of it with jedi mind tricks.....

Winter soldier pwns!!!!(not as hard as Jason but still.)

WOOOH!!!! GO BUCKY!!!

CasanoVa

Evil_Ash

willRules

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
I love how ridiculously "Superman" buff Bucky looks in the second cover compared to the first...

It's Ariel Olivetti's art, if you've been reading his work on Punisher: War Journal you'll see how incredibly buff people like Punisher, GW Bridge and Hate Monger look compared to everybody else.

willRules
I don't like it sad I prefer the guy who draws Cap's comic (Epting?)

CasanoVa
Originally posted by willRules
I don't like it sad I prefer the guy who draws Cap's comic (Epting?)

I like Ariel's art to be honest (it doesn't really matter because its only for cover art), this Leandro Fernandez is doing the interiors, never heard of him/her before though.

Yeah Epting and Perkins are doing great over on Captain America, they have a very similar style so they belnd pretty well.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Will Bucky wear the Captain America garb?

capt it up
winbter solider is bad ass

CasanoVa
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Will Bucky wear the Captain America garb?

I don't think he will be, he sure as hell won't be letting anybody else wear it though.

srankmissingnin
I have a question. Black Widow not only knew that Bucky survived the explosion that was thought to kill him but she also knew that he was being held captaive (and where)... and yet she decided not to fill Captain America in on any of that?

willRules
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I have a question. Black Widow not only knew that Bucky survived the explosion that was thought to kill him but she also knew that he was being held captaive (and where)... and yet she decided not to fill Captain America in on any of that?

The great Brubaker answers all........

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=118097

GGS
Woo Bucky tapping that ass means that pimp slap he gave her is even more funny. Anyone else find the picture of Capt's dead body arousing.................

willRules
Originally posted by GGS
Anyone else find the picture of Capt's dead body arousing.................

Moderately..............

uh, I mean NO! mad

ScarletSpider
I know this is retreading a bit, but I'd like to weigh in on Jason Todd.

Was his resurrection kind of dumb? Yes. But hardly the dumbest thing to have happened in comics, lots of crap surrounding House of M is just as bad, but the way it happened on the surface makes it seem not as bad.

The major part about Jason's resurrection I don't like is that it doesn't really mesh with Batman stories. Yes, in the League Batman can go up against Martians and Crises and the all that stuff, but most of the plain Batman books are much more street level. Meant to be less fantastic, for the most part, now and then someone will do the Chuck Dixon approach and it can work, but Jason's resurrection just...didn't really work for most of us.

The writers wanted him back, but didn't want to do the work to get him back, so they took a lazy way out, in my opinion.

Citizen V
THE PUNISHER AND WINTER SOLDIER, OMGZ!1!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/6fa446e6.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/1f39964e.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/f39d3464.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/2946a32d.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/e47107b1.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/c410af29.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/78eb9f04.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/d0c6b923.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/ba0cfd86.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/7dac9988.jpg

Frank and Bucky had some good interaction, it was a good moment I think, and the fight seemed to go exactly as i'd expect it too; Bucky could take him pretty easily, as shown, Frank drewn a gun after James had already stated "No guns".

And yeah "If we fight, you'll kill me", that's saying something coming from The Punisher.

It was cool though, I prefer Oveletti's artwork to be honest, but the writing's spot on as always.

thumb up.

grey fox
Originally posted by Citizen V
THE PUNISHER AND WINTER SOLDIER, OMGZ!1!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/6fa446e6.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/1f39964e.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/f39d3464.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/2946a32d.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/e47107b1.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/c410af29.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/78eb9f04.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/d0c6b923.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/ba0cfd86.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/7dac9988.jpg

Frank and Bucky had some good interaction, it was a good moment I think, and the fight seemed to go exactly as i'd expect it too; Bucky could take him pretty easily, as shown, Frank drewn a gun after James had already stated "No guns".

And yeah "If we fight, you'll kill me", that's saying something coming from The Punisher.

It was cool though, I prefer Oveletti's artwork to be honest, but the writing's spot on as always.

thumb up.

Niiiiiiice.

Frank fighting dirty is always great, I hate the idea of him being all 'Kung-fu' when he can just go all 'baseball bat to the nuts'.

jgiant
Fukin badass, just how it should have went down, never count out frank. He always got the edge, if not physically, mentally he does. Ohh and im extremely glad to see Fernadez doing the art, reminds me of MAX punisher and this issue seems worthy of being in MAX unlike the previous issues of War Journal.

JasonK4
http://comics.ign.com/articles/820/820355p1.html

thumb up

Citizen V
From the lastest issue of Captain America:

Winter Soldier vs Iron-Man.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/79a4a4e0.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/11c8d058.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/eb3c2ea6.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/1131f184.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/a5a3622d.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/5e4e6f59.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/6d784c2a.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/c1dfbd05.jpg

Even though Tony wasn't trying very much, I think Bucky did pretty well to get a stalemate here, his stock has risen alot over the past few issues. That arm of his must be pretty damn strong too if it can tear off pieces of Stark's armour, but I have to say, out of all the fights Stark's been in since he became "Public Enemy No.1", this is probably my favourite.

Oh yeah.

HUGE SPOILERS BELOW

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/8307b1b6.jpg

Bucky = New Captain America.

Go figure.

NiņoAraņa
V = Teh Win.

Battlehammer
dam right

Martian_mind
I pity anyone who cops a shield to the face these days....

propelled by a super-strong metallic arm,ouch.

Citizen V
Captain America, hunh? Yeah, right... LOLOCAUST!1!1!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/057c0592.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/5a02238b.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/aabe2af9.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/ff70d6b1.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/c3eb17a1.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/4ce1a4c0.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/27cf4e2f.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/8af8798c.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/8cc886d8.jpg

(from Captain America #34)

I really wasn't sure whether I'd like Bucky as Captain America, but after reading this issue, I'm sold.

Soljer
Same here.

Interesting to read that Captain America was three times stronger and faster than Bucky, though.

Citizen V
Originally posted by Soljer
Same here.

Interesting to read that Captain America was three times stronger and faster than Bucky, though.

Eh, I just saw that as man-love on Barnes part. ermm

Erik-Lensherr

Citizen V
Also, I thought it interesting to note that Ed has managed to create exactly the same dynamic that the book had prior to CW and (obviously) Captain America dying.

Bucky Barnes = Captain America
Black Widow = Sharon Carter
Tony Stark = Nick Fury

I really hope Brubaker doesn't leave this book any time soon, I really don't think anybody else could do it (Or the characters) justice.

Grimm22
Even though, he can never truly replace Cap, I have to say Bucky makes one badass Captain America

Peek
New Cap >>>> Old.

Citizen V
Originally posted by Grimm22
Even though, he can never truly replace Cap, I have to say Bucky makes one badass Captain America

I agree, Steve Rogers can never be replaced, but I think if anyone's up to wearing the flag it's Bucky; I really hope this is permanent. (Not because I dislike Steve, but because of the masterpiece of writing that Brubaker did in killing him. Retconning this, or bringing him back would undermine Brubaker's entire run)

Originally posted by Peek
New Cap >>>> Old.

No. erm

Peek
I agree, Steve Rogers can never be replaced, but I think if anyone's up to wearing the flag it's Bucky; I really hope this is permanent. (Not because I dislike Steve, but because of the masterpiece of writing that Brubaker did in killing him. Retconning this, or bringing him back would undermine Brubaker's entire run)

No. erm Yes.

I don't like Steve.

I luck Bucky.

Citizen V
Yes.

I don't like Steve.

I luck Bucky.

If you don't like Steve, then why read Captain America?

But even gesturing that Bucky > Steve in any way is bullshit, if you ask me. He's done absolutely nothing to prove he's a better man than Steve in any way, even he knows that.

Peek
I don't. I tried once and it was crap. I said I only read this issue and the one before it because I like Bucky.

I never said it was toughness or better man. I mean as in interesting. Steve isn't interesting to me in the slightest.

Citizen V
I don't. I tried once and it was crap. I said I only read this issue and the one before it because I like Bucky.

I never said it was toughness or better man. I mean as in interesting. Steve isn't interesting to me in the slightest.

You thought Captain America was crap?

ED BRUBAKER Captain America?

GTFO.

Peek
No.

I have never liked Cap.

His personality, his style. Nothing at all makes me think otherwise.

I still got his CW tie ins somewhere that I left out.

You like Cap? GTFO. no expression

Citizen V
No.

I have never liked Cap.

His personality, his style. Nothing at all makes me think otherwise.

I still got his CW tie ins somewhere that I left out.

You like Cap? GTFO. no expression

I meant the book, not the character. haermm

Peek
Oh well I don't like either.

Now that Bucky's taken over I will be reading it. Never enjoyed any of the previous issues.

Citizen V
Oh well I don't like either.

Now that Bucky's taken over I will be reading it. Never enjoyed any of the previous issues.

The book has been focusing on Bucky (basically) for the past ten issues, if you haven't liked it then, what makes you think you will now? erm

Peek
I haven't read all of them. huh

Citizen V
I haven't read all of them. huh

But enough for you to not like the book?

Battlehammer
But enough for you to not like the book?

Lol leave him bee. You already proved he got caught talking out his back end.

Peek
But enough for you to not like the book? Yep.

I read about 3 issues of this series with Cap in.

I read a bunch of other WS stuff and this issue and last issue.Originally posted by Battlehammer
Lol leave him bee. You already proved he got caught talking out his back end.

How? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Citizen V
Captain America, hunh? Yeah, right... LOLOCAUST!1!1!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/057c0592.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/5a02238b.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/aabe2af9.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/ff70d6b1.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/c3eb17a1.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/4ce1a4c0.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/27cf4e2f.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/8af8798c.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/8cc886d8.jpg

(from Captain America #34)

I really wasn't sure whether I'd like Bucky as Captain America, but after reading this issue, I'm sold.

Bump.

Anybody else pick up the Young Avengers Presents: Patriot, issue? I think that Bucky Barnes/Patriot dynamics pretty cool, but I really doubt we'll be seeing Patriot in Captain America anytime soon. It'd be cool for him to show up every now and then though.

Grimm22
Yep.

I read about 3 issues of this series with Cap in.

I read a bunch of other WS stuff and this issue and last issue.

So you read 2 issues of Captain America and suddenly decided you didn't like Cap, and that you liked Bucky instead yet didn't read any of the issues that focused on him?!? What the f**k?

Worst. Argument. Ever. no expression

Peek
Did I say I decided I disliked Cap because of 2 or 3 issues?

I have read him in Avengers, Marvel team ups, loads of other books he appears in and a few of his newer series one.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rewmac
Winter Soldier simply rocks...

Peek
I also read WS's return the other day.

starlock
Sorry but its just not captain america to me...even though i like bucky and his winter soldier persona.....there is only one captain america for me-Steve Rogers

Neo Darkhalen
Hello.

Peek
How random. huh

Citizen V
I also read WS's return the other day.

There isn't a "return", it's a gradual thing, you really should read the entire run; because it's pretty hard to understand half the things going on now without doing so, and because it'll make you appreciate how good this book really is.

Originally posted by starlock
Sorry but its just not captain america to me...even though i like bucky and his winter soldier persona.....there is only one captain america for me-Steve Rogers

I would agree, but I like the way that Bucky's not pretending to be Steve, nor trying to act like him; he's doing what needs to be done for his country in his own way, regardless of how different it may/may not be in comparison to Steve's.

willRules
There isn't a "return", it's a gradual thing, you really should read the entire run; because it's pretty hard to understand half the things going on now without doing so, and because it'll make you appreciate how good this book really is.

I would agree, but I like the way that Bucky's not pretending to be Steve, nor trying to act like him; he's doing what needs to be done for his country in his own way, regardless of how different it may/may not be in comparison to Steve's.

Totally agree plus it's interesting to see Bucky worry about not matching up to Cap physically and in terms of morality yes

Peek

I would agree, but I like the way that Bucky's not pretending to be Steve, nor trying to act like him; he's doing what needs to be done for his country in his own way, regardless of how different it may/may not be in comparison to Steve's. I meant the issues that mainly involved his return.

I'll read all the ones about his return eventually.

Erik-Lensherr
New Cap >>>> Old.

laughing out loud

Peek
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
laughing out loud Laugh all you want but I don't like Steve. I like this one.

Rewmac
WTF??? I'm confused haven't read Cap in a while. So who is Cap now? Don't tell me it's Bucky...If yes how?

willRules
Originally posted by Rewmac
Don't tell me it's Bucky.

OK, I won't tell you smile

Citizen V
Originally posted by Rewmac
WTF??? I'm confused haven't read Cap in a while. So who is Cap now? Don't tell me it's Bucky...If yes how?

It's Bucky.

Bucky gets captured by SHIELD and taken to the Helicarrier, where he manages to escape and incapacitate most of the guards, he then fights Tony Stark (In full armour); who doesn't really want to fight him, but Bucky manages to stale-mate him. But Stark shows him the letter Steve left him, and Bucky reluctantly agrees to take up the stars and stripes.

roughrider
So they don't have to import Ultimate Captain America to the 616 anymore...I thought they might resort to that.

Bucky/Winter Soldier has got the hard edge of that Cap, though - and more. This is going to be a lot better than the John Walker era. I know some think Cap shouldn't carry & use firearms, but maybe it's past due he got with the times. He is part government agent, after all.
Very good scans above.

roughrider
It's fitting that Alex Ross returns to Marvel, in time to design & help welcome Bucky as the new Captain America.

Disappear
Originally posted by roughrider
So they don't have to import Ultimate Captain America to the 616 anymore...I thought they might resort to that.

Bucky/Winter Soldier has got the hard edge of that Cap, though - and more. This is going to be a lot better than the John Walker era. I know some think Cap shouldn't carry & use firearms, but maybe it's past due he got with the times. He is part government agent, after all.
Very good scans above.

i thought they might resort to something extreme as well, but brubaker's made it clear that he's had this in mind since the beginning. it's kind of disappointing, in a sense, that he knew he wanted to revive bucky, then kill steve, then make bucky captain america; but the story's been ****in' phenomenal. i've never been the biggest fan of the captain america solo series, but i read the first two trades in one long sit at a barnes and noble some months back, and have been following each issue like it was an episode of lost. now that bucky's finally made his star-spangled debut, i'm still not disappointed.

Citizen V
Originally posted by roughrider
It's fitting that Alex Ross returns to Marvel, in time to design & help welcome Bucky as the new Captain America.

Even though it looks alot better when Epting draws it.

Most things do.

willRules
Originally posted by Disappear
i thought they might resort to something extreme as well, but brubaker's made it clear that he's had this in mind since the beginning. it's kind of disappointing, in a sense, that he knew he wanted to revive bucky, then kill steve, then make bucky captain america; but the story's been ****in' phenomenal. i've never been the biggest fan of the captain america solo series, but i read the first two trades in one long sit at a barnes and noble some months back, and have been following each issue like it was an episode of lost. now that bucky's finally made his star-spangled debut, i'm still not disappointed.

yes Totally agree.

roughrider
Even though it looks alot better when Epting draws it.

Most things do.

Epting's work is great. That realistic style with the moody shadows - reminds me of David Mazzuchelli's best work on Daredevil, and Paul Gulacy's best work with Doug Moench - is matched perfectly by the tone of Brubaker's story & prose. He's made for this title.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.