Thanos Quest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ok. This time Thanos has to repeat his quest with no prep. Just his power, fighting Skills, and durability. Would he make it thru the Quest without any prep? ( Which is the basis for most of our forum fights? :P)
Discuss.

guy222
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Ok. This time Thanos has to repeat his quest with no prep. Just his power, fighting Skills, and durability. Would he make it thru the Quest without any prep? ( Which is the basis for most of our forum fights? :P)
Discuss.

thanos doesn't have the gems

Goddess Kali
No, I beleive the Runner would have pretty much either:

1) speedblitz him to death

2) left his stranded in space

Hold on, Nvrbeenwthagirl, does Thanos have his cybernetic throne at his access or no ?

darthgoober
Discuss.
You mean Thanos right before he died, or Thanos as he was at the time of Thanos's quest?

Jebus reborn
If it's Thanos right before he died (Annihilation, and not thinking about Drax being near), Thanos could probably do it with no Gems...
Although I-B would smoke him, but if it was the same situation, and Thanos only had to free him, then it wouldn't be too tough.

Plus, he could probably stop Runner with some well placed shields.
Runner is the only Elder worth a damn anyway.

Symmetric Chaos
In theory he certainly could. He didn't seem to really need the prep to take out any of the Elders except Runner.

batdude123
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
In theory he certainly could. He didn't seem to really need the prep to take out any of the Elders except Runner.

Which is the exact reason why he wouldn't be able to finish the Quest under these circumstances.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by batdude123
Which is the exact reason why he wouldn't be able to finish the Quest under these circumstances.

erm

batdude123
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
erm
ermmdance

Jebus reborn
Which is the exact reason why he wouldn't be able to finish the Quest under these circumstances. The difference is though, that he is more powerful since the Quest, and he has shown to be able to use his shields wisely, to stop speedsters (Fallen One, and I don't need that jive about his speed being ambiguous, since he was shown going warp speed throughout his two or so comic showings).

Plus, Runner kind of got a cheap shot to start off with. Either way though, Runner is the most difficult challenge.

batdude123
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
The difference is though, that he is more powerful since the Quest, and he has shown to be able to use his shields wisely, to stop speedsters (Fallen One, and I don't need that jive about his speed being ambiguous, since he was shown going warp speed throughout his two or so comic showings).

Plus, Runner kind of got a cheap shot to start off with. Either way though, Runner is the most difficult challenge.

Thanos would do shit all against Runner with the Space gem.

darthgoober
Thanos would do shit all against Runner with the Space gem.
Unless he just used the Time Gem to freeze time upon arrival instead of letting Runner get going. Thanos letting all that go down was about as much PIS as the Runner halting his attack.

batdude123
Originally posted by darthgoober
Unless he just used the Time Gem to freeze time upon arrival instead of letting Runner get going. Thanos letting all that go down was about as much PIS as the Runner halting his attack.

I thought he was gonna go through his Quest with his own power, and not using the gems? For this thread, I mean.

darthgoober
nvr just said that he didn't get prep this time, he didn't say that he wasn't allowed to use the gems after he acquired them. Of course, he may add that stipulation now that it seems that Thanos has a legitimate shot(you know nvr).

King Kandy
Well I'm guessing this happens in the same order, which means he has gems when he takes on Runner.

Easy.

batdude123
nvr just said that he didn't get prep this time, he didn't say that he wasn't allowed to use the gems after he acquired them. Of course, he may add that stipulation now that it seems that Thanos has a legitimate shot(you know nvr).

This is what threw me off:

Discuss.

darthgoober
This is what threw me off:
I thought he just meant at the START of his quest(his run in with the Inbetweener) and before each battle(meaning that he didn't get to set things up before hand. Robbing him of the gems he acquires seems pretty unfair since we have no idea how Thanos would have taken the Elders on without them. There would be a completely different strategy involved in each fight and most of the Elders don't really have enough appearances to accurately determine how to take them down.

batdude123
I thought he just meant at the START of his quest(his run in with the Inbetweener) and before each battle(meaning that he didn't get to set things up before hand. Robbing him of the gems he acquires seems pretty unfair since we have no idea how Thanos would have taken the Elders on without them. There would be a completely different strategy involved in each fight and most of the Elders don't really have enough appearances to accurately determine how to take them down.

Either way, the Quest would be more difficult for him.

No prep = no starring into the Infinity Well.

Not starring into the Infinity Well = not knowing the gems true purposes, and how to use them properly.

darthgoober
Either way, the Quest would be more difficult for him.

No prep = no starring into the Infinity Well.

Not starring into the Infinity Well = not knowing the gems true purposes, and how to use them properly.
Not really because he looked into the IW before his Quest started. Take that away and there never would have been a Quest because he never would have known about the Gems.

batdude123
Not really because he looked into the IW before his Quest started. Take that away and there never would have been a Quest because he never would have known about the Gems.

That = prep, however. ermmhappy

darthgoober
That = prep, however. ermmhappy
Finding out what you're after qualifies as prep now?

batdude123
Finding out what you're after qualifies as prep now?

If that's not what nvr meant by "no prep," then I have no f*cking clue what he's talking about then. erm

darthgoober
If that's not what nvr meant by "no prep," then I have no f*cking clue what he's talking about then. erm
I was thinking that he meant things like having the preprogrammed teleporter for Champion and the robot double for Grandmaster. But knowing nvr, he DID mean it the way you're saying. After all, why would nvr intentionally give Thanos a shot at winning?

But if that IS the case then you're absolutely correct. Thanos stands no chance of repeating his quest if he's completely ignorant of his opponents, his objectives, and his objectives capabilities.

batdude123
I was thinking that he meant things like having the preprogrammed teleporter for Champion and the robot double for Grandmaster.

Perhaps, but you said it...

After all, why would nvr intentionally give Thanos a shot at winning?

laughing out loud

darthgoober
Perhaps, but you said it...
Well it's not as if he was very clear as to the specifics.

laughing out loud
Hey it's true.

King Kandy
Anyway... It depends on three factors:

1. Does he have tech?

2. What version of Thanos is it?

3. Does he even know what he's supposed to do?

batdude123
Well it's not as if he was very clear as to the specifics.

He was hardly clear on any of it.

Shit, I don't even know if he's allowed to use the gems on this quest.

darthgoober
He was hardly clear on any of it.

Shit, I don't even know if he's allowed to use the gems on this quest.
I think he's leaves his Thanos threads deliberately vague, that way he can change things around to "prove his point" without people being able to call him on it.

batdude123
I think he's leaves his Thanos threads deliberately vague, that way he can change things around to "prove his point" without people being able to call him on it.

Yeah, more than likely . . .

Jebus reborn
So wait, what's the point of this thread?

Do the Elders get the Gems, and Thanos doesn't get the Gems after he beats them?
So, what would be the point of "Thanos Quest", if he gains nothing out of it.

I don't get it, and quite frankly, I'm judging my decision off of neither getting gems, or both getting gems.

Although, that is hardly the point of this thread, I know, since Thanos is set up to fail here...

quanchi112
thanos overcomes adversity much like he always does when motivated.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos gets no gems and niether do the elders. it's basically just a guantlet to see if he could clear them on thier own terms without prep.

quanchi112
thanos clears it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by quanchi112
thanos clears it.

You are not invited to this thread.

quanchi112
You are not invited to this thread. this is to funny, that u would have the guts to say someone isnt invited tto a thread. is this ur website. why do u feel u call the shots and that u have the right to tell who can and cant post. i gave my opinion already... thanos wins 10 ooutta 10 times here.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by quanchi112
this is to funny, that u would have the guts to say someone isnt invited tto a thread. is this ur website. why do u feel u call the shots and that u have the right to tell who can and cant post. i gave my opinion already... thanos wins 10 ooutta 10 times here.

As if that is something we all didnt' expect.

SpunkySmurph
"Thanos Quest"

Always sounded to me like it should be the title for an old Super Nintendo Game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.