Will anyone else be horribly disappointed if Harry doesn't die?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solo
I'm sure there are plenty of these types of threads already. But I couldn't find any.

It all depends for me, but I can see myself being angry if he survives.

Darth Macabre
I wouldn't say horribly, but I would say I would be disappointed if he's still alive at the end.

Running Mascara
Yea, I'd be disappointed, but then I'd be sorta lk "yay he saved the day once again no expression"

The Phantom
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
I wouldn't say horribly, but I would say I would be disappointed if he's still alive at the end.

Selina*Starfire
No. Quite the opposite, in fact.

TheMercurial
I'll be really disappointed if Harry doesnt turn out to be a Horcrux, and have to die to defeat Voldermort, unless Rowling manages to create a very clever twist. If it's just a straightforward tragic death, I'll probably be disappointed and if he doesnt die, she'd better have a damn good reason!

Nickey
Am I the only one who would be dissapointed if he died?

Running Mascara
Originally posted by Nickey
Am I the only one who would be dissapointed if he died?
Apparently, no no expression She would be pointed if he died also ermmhappy
Originally posted by Selina*Starfire
No. Quite the opposite, in fact.

~KoK!~
Originally posted by TheMercurial
I'll be really disappointed if Harry doesnt turn out to be a Horcrux, and have to die to defeat Voldermort, unless Rowling manages to create a very clever twist. If it's just a straightforward tragic death, I'll probably be disappointed and if he doesnt die, she'd better have a damn good reason! I've stated my reasons for why it's impossible is the past, so I will leave that theory alone for the time being.

I'm a tad indifferent on the subject. For one thing, unless she has a really good twist or something, there's no way she could legitimately pull off having Harry live. But at the same time, we've spent 7 books over the span of a good 8-10 years reading about and getting to know and understand Harry as a character, and the situation he's in. After all that reading, and all the things Harry did get through, for him to fail the final challenge makes the entire thing seem like a fruitless en devour.

Member.
we have to take into account the circumstances surrounding his death, or his survival.

ndfreak
I think jkr would be disappointed. If HArry does die at the end then many people will be bugging the crap out of her to write new books. better to kill him off in an epic duel than when hes 30 on the streets begging for a nickel saying he was the "chosen one".

SouthernGirl814
OMG u ppl have problems the endin can be good if Harry lives

Sparkling Heart
Originally posted by Running Mascara
Yea, I'd be disappointed, but then I'd be sorta lk "yay he saved the day once again no expression"

Running Mascara
Dunt copy meh ermmhappy

Nickey
Originally posted by SouthernGirl814
OMG u ppl have problems the endin can be good if Harry lives

I totally agree with you 100%. Haven't you people ever heard of happy endings. And wouldn't it be better if she wrote more books on Harry? I mean, the woman is a billionaire because of him, imagine how much money she could make if she made another one. And I also understand what you mean, it would be annoying if the sequel goes on and on. But that doesn't mean she has to kill him. She could start on other stories.

Sparkling Heart
Dunt copy meh ermmhappy
I just did ermmhappy

Running Mascara
kay doped

Sparkling Heart
doped

The Phantom
Originally posted by Nickey
I totally agree with you 100%. Haven't you people ever heard of happy endings. And wouldn't it be better if she wrote more books on Harry? I mean, the woman is a billionaire because of him, imagine how much money she could make if she made another one. And I also understand what you mean, it would be annoying if the sequel goes on and on. But that doesn't mean she has to kill him. She could start on other stories. No. No more books on Harry. Too big of a risk if you ask me. Really, it actually doesn't matter if he lives or dies. JKR is ending it in a way that if he lives or dies, she wont write more books on him. By explaining what happens to everyone in the last chapter and such. Harry dying or living doesn't phase me... if anyone cries though I'm going to hit them with the 2x4 of Reality...

Selina*Starfire
Apparently, no no expression She would be pointed if he died also ermmhappy

Thanks for pointing that out for me RM. doped

I don't want Harry to die. cry weep cry

The Phantom
Thanks for pointing that out for me RM. doped

I don't want Harry to die. cry weep cry *Pulls out 2x4 of Reality...*

Running Mascara
laughing out loud

Selina*Starfire
Originally posted by The Phantom
*Pulls out 2x4 of Reality...*

Hmph. schmoll I'll have you know, I cry for every Harry book I read, either out of happiness or sadness...every single time I read it. I cried when Gryffindor won the House Cup. cry I cried when Gryffindor won the Quidditch Cup. cry I cried when Sirius died. cry I cried when Dumbledore died. cry AND I'M GONNA CRY IF HARRY DIES, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!!!! schmoll

tongue_ss

Running Mascara
Hmph. schmoll I'll have you know, I cry for every Harry book I read, either out of happiness or sadness...every single time I read it. I cried when Gryffindor won the House Cup. cry I cried when Gryffindor won the Quidditch Cup. cry I cried when Sirius died. cry I cried when Dumbledore died. cry AND I'M GONNA CRY IF HARRY DIES, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!!!! schmoll

tongue_ss

I cried in the 4,5, and 6th books ermm

Selina*Starfire
doped

Nickey
No. No more books on Harry. Too big of a risk if you ask me. Really, it actually doesn't matter if he lives or dies. JKR is ending it in a way that if he lives or dies, she wont write more books on him. By explaining what happens to everyone in the last chapter and such. Harry dying or living doesn't phase me... if anyone cries though I'm going to hit them with the 2x4 of Reality...

You can't hit me! And I can cry if I want to!bawling

Selina*Starfire
See, Phantom??? So far, there're THREE of us who're likely to cry for Harry! And there's not a thing YOU can do about it!!! schmoll

Damn, I love sounding like a stubborn five year old. haermm

The Phantom
o.o I'm going to need more 2x4s...

Selina*Starfire
tongue_ss schmoll

Running Mascara
o.o I'm going to need more 2x4s...

*hand him more 2x4's* Aim for their heads *runs away before he remembers that he's suppose to hit her* ermmhappy

Selina*Starfire
scared TRAITOR!!! nuts

Running Mascara
Soermmhappy

Selina*Starfire
Hmph. schmoll

Running Mascara
spam ermmhappy

Selina*Starfire
tongue_ss

Running Mascara
We need to stop, Phantom is gonna get after us ermm

Selina*Starfire
I guess you're right. ermm

The Phantom
Yea... we all kinda went off topic. Let's get back on it...

Selina*Starfire
You still can't stop me from crying. no expression

~KoK!~
Phantom, 2"x5"s are the way to go now.

Running Mascara
We're still off topic ermmhappy

Selina*Starfire
Yupz. ermmhappy

The Phantom
Keep on tpoic. big grin

Selina*Starfire
No. ermmhappy

I'm still gonna cry if I want to, tho. tongue_ss

Diger
I don't think J.K. Rowling could kill Harry and make it good. My mom saw somewhere that someone hacked onto some computer and found out how the book is going to end. She won't tell me though.

If Harry dies I won't care, that is, if she can write it well.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Diger
I don't think J.K. Rowling could kill Harry and make it good. My mom saw somewhere that someone hacked onto some computer and found out how the book is going to end. She won't tell me though.

If Harry dies I won't care, that is, if she can write it well. THe stuff the hacker said was a bunch of BS.

Running Mascara
Yea, he could have been lyin cuz he was just religious and didn't want people to read it ermm

The Phantom
Yea, he could have been lyin cuz he was just religious and didn't want people to read it ermm Yep.

ndfreak
Harry better die at the end. makes the most sense. so many ppl died for him and he avenges him by killing voldemort, then somehow dies. He'll be happier dead because he'll be with his parents, sirius, dumbledore (yes i think he's dead), and any others that have died i didnt mentionn or will die in the seventh book. the ending can still be happy even if he dies he'll be w/ the ones he loves. WOW

Diger
Yeah who knows. I didn't read anything about the hacker I was just told about it. And I wasn't told much either.

But right now I'm seriously doubting that the book will be all that great.

Sparkling Heart
I think It will.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Sparkling Heart
I think It will.

Selina*Starfire
Originally posted by ndfreak
Harry better die at the end. makes the most sense. so many ppl died for him and he avenges him by killing voldemort, then somehow dies. He'll be happier dead because he'll be with his parents, sirius, dumbledore (yes i think he's dead), and any others that have died i didnt mentionn or will die in the seventh book. the ending can still be happy even if he dies he'll be w/ the ones he loves. WOW

Except for the Weasleys (especially Ginny) and Hermione. And Hagrid. confused

potcfan2003
i am gonna cry so hard at the end of this book, because I cry at almost every movie. I CRIED DURING SURF"S UP FOR PETE"S SAKE!! And no matter who dies, I'll cry, I know it. I will cry, because 2 characters are supposed to die, and unless it's Umbridge and Snape,Voldemort and Snape, Voldemort and Umbridge, I can guarentee I will cry. I'll even cry for Malfoy, although it may be from laughing so hard in his case...

ndfreak
Except for the Weasleys (especially Ginny) and Hermione. And Hagrid. confused

yes but hes already spent more time with all them then His parents, Sirius, and Dumbledore. (didnt see DD as much as he saw the others)

Running Mascara
I'm gonna cry if Draco dies cry

And I think Wormtail is gonna have something to do with the last book somehow... ermmhappy

Selina*Starfire
Look, even if none of my favorite characters are killed, I'm still gonna bawl my eyes out, because it's the end of the series. cry

Running Mascara
True That cry

Selina*Starfire
weep

SouthernGirl814
No. No more books on Harry. Too big of a risk if you ask me. Really, it actually doesn't matter if he lives or dies. JKR is ending it in a way that if he lives or dies, she wont write more books on him. By explaining what happens to everyone in the last chapter and such. Harry dying or living doesn't phase me... if anyone cries though I'm going to hit them with the 2x4 of Reality...

Hey I agree wih u on all that for once we agree on sumthin but dude if Harry died I would cry so let me see u try and hit me with reality cuz im already livin in it

The Phantom
Originally posted by SouthernGirl814
Hey I agree wih u on all that for once we agree on sumthin but dude if Harry died I would cry so let me see u try and hit me with reality cuz im already livin in it Apparently not for long.

Quark_666
She has to kill him. I think so, at least. She isn't going to, though. I'll bet you anything.

Fawne
It be sad for him to die. but he has to. it'll make the book and story meaningful in a way

Forcewielder
But it will be adding insult to the injuries that Harry has suffered throughout the series. He lost his parents, is contsantly abused by his aunt and uncle, being threaten with death by Voldemort and his followers, and battling all sorts of nightmarish creatures and the only way to free him from this kind of lifestyle is by killing him?

Forget it. He deserves to live.

Weeping Fairy
I wont be disappointed; however, i will think it to be almost to "happy ending la dee da" kinda thing, but i trust that JK will end the story quite wonderfully. Hell, JK could end the series with Harry and Grawp gettin married, Snape and the Giant Squid falling in love, and Draco being DD in disguise, and it could still be an awesome ending cuz JK's just good like that. I think that a really good way to end the series would be for Harry to sacrifice himself (assuming he is a horcrux) just like Ron sacrificed himself in SS at the giant chessboard, then describe how all the pain from losing his loved ones finally left, and he was reunited with his parents, DD and Sirius. Buuuuuut..... Im not JK, im not the one writing the books, so im not gona say how it should end, thats her job, not mine, and however the series does end, i think JK will do Harry justice.

SolarNinja
Why would JKR kill off Harry after making like 8 books about him? That would be really stupid if they kill him off..

The Phantom
Originally posted by SolarNinja
Why would JKR kill off Harry after making like 8 books about him? That would be really stupid if they kill him off.. 7. 7 Books.

siriuswriter
Don't destroy the poor boy's illusions!

The Phantom
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Don't destroy the poor boy's illusions! He needs to face the truth.

The Phantom
So... what do you guys think now???

Rave X
Technically, he was dead for some time, right? I honestly never figured out what I wanted, Harry alive or Harry dead at the end. But after everything he has been through, he deserves some happiness, so all in all, I like that he lived. Again.

willRules
Meh. I was always more concerned about it being a good story or not. it was ok. Dumbledore was a total gangster despite being dead so I liked it yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.