Darth Revan vs. Kas'im

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
Who wins? I'm thinking Revan since in PoD Bane seemed to view Revan as some sort of demigod and thought that he would never be able to learn everything that Revan knew but near the end of PoD he was able to give Kas'im a good fight (and even win by luck). I'm not really sure, though, what do you guys think?

Pwned61
In an all out fight, Revan takes it easily.

In just a lightsaber duel? Much closer, might even go Kas'im's way.

darthsith19
I'm certain that Kas'im would win a saber duel (though not pwn).

ThoraxeRMG
Darth Revan takes this, not easily.

Darth Sexy
In a saber fight? For sure Kas'im. He's got all the evidence for him as being one of the greatest duelists ever, while Revan is an unknown. REvan wins in a force fight or all out

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
In a saber fight? For sure Kas'im. He's got all the evidence for him as being one of the greatest duelists ever, while Revan is an unknown. REvan wins in a force fight or all out
How close would the all-out fight be, though?

ThoraxeRMG
An all out? Again, Revan.

VinCon01
I'd have to go with most of the above. In a saber duel, the edge goes to Kas'im. However, in an all out fight or a Force battle, Revan has a serious advantage.

Darth Sexy
Not too close I would think. Revan is vastly superior to Kas'im in the force, although Kas'im does have brains.

kamhal
Revan obviously. The same bane who was worshiping Revan was the same Bane who killed Kas'im...

darthsith19
Originally posted by kamhal
Revan obviously. The same bane who was worshiping Revan was the same Bane who killed Kas'im...
Bane could have wrongly worshipped Revan, though, and he only beat Kas'im by luck...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Darth Revan takes this, not easily.

Co-signed

VinCon01
The problems with that being:

1) There was barely any information left regarding Revan. He may have been worshipping him without reason.

2) IIRC, we don't know why exactly he "worshipped" him. We don't know if it was for his saber skill, or his power, or his intelligence, or his view on things, or his knowledge of Force techniques.

3) He only defeated Kas'im with luck. Kas'im was able to defend against Bane's blast, and he had only been a few steps away from finishing Bane off anyway after dominating him in a saber duel. The only thing that saved Bane was the temple's collapse.

vader11
Revan wins.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by VinCon01
The problems with that being:

1) There was barely any information left regarding Revan. He may have been worshipping him without reason.

There was!

2) IIRC, we don't know why exactly he "worshipped" him. We don't know if it was for his saber skill, or his power, or his intelligence, or his view on things, or his knowledge of Force techniques.

There was some evidence on his power.

3) He only defeated Kas'im with luck. Kas'im was able to defend against Bane's blast, and he had only been a few steps away from finishing Bane off anyway after dominating him in a saber duel. The only thing that saved Bane was the temple's collapse.

Didn't Bane trigger the collapse?

Darth Hord
"THERE IS NO LUCK THERE IS ONLY THE FORCE" big grin

VinCon01
I'm afraid you'll need more than "There was!" if you want to prove your point. Bane barely showed anything new after that. He knew the Force Storm, a few rituals, and learned a thing or two that inspired his Rule of Two. We didn't see much else in terms of improvement though.

Point out a time where I said there wasn't. I don't know where you managed to get "There was some evidence of his power" as a response to "We don't know the specific reason why Bane 'worships' him. There could have been several reasons". Obviously power could have been one of the reasons, but you haven't addressed the point I was making (Despite power being a possibility, it isn't much more valid than half a dozen other possibilities).

Not as far as I can remember (I haven't read it recently though). IIRC, his attack was intended to kill Kas'im. The temple collapsing around him as a result of the blast was pure luck on Bane's part. If not for that, Kas'im would have wasted him. Bane lost any real advantage in that fight once Kas'im stopped "pulling his punches" so to speak.

Count Makashi
Kasim wins the saber dual by default, but probably wins the Force fight.

kamhal
Ok, i really don't want to insist on this but, this is a fallacy...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.