Cosmic Extant runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TricksterPriest
I'm trying to gauge how powerful Extant was with the Worlogog and Mobius chair.
Here goes. First 2 or 3 are warmups.

1. Infinity Man
2. Depowered Tyrant
3. Darkseid&Highfather
4. Galactus w/e UN
5. In-betweener
6. Eternity
7. Thanos w/e IG
8. Time Trapper
9. Mad Jim Jaspers or Mad Jim Jaspers merged with Fury
10. Imperiex Prime
11. Maelstrom as Anomaly
12. Phoenix Force
13. LT

Priest
the order after 3 is kinda scewy.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Priest
the order after 3 is kinda scewy.

Yeah, I know. sad I wasn't quite sure of the hierarchy. I'll try and fix it.

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I'm trying to gauge how powerful Extant was with the Worlogog and Mobius chair.
Here goes. First 2 or 3 are warmups.

1. Infinity Man
2. Depowered Tyrant
3. Darkseid&Highfather
4. Galactus w/e UN
5. In-betweener
6. Eternity
7. Thanos w/e IG
8. Time Trapper
10. Imperiex Prime
11. Maelstrom as Anomaly
12. Phoenix Force
13. LT

1. Infinity Man
2. Darkseid and Highfather
3. Depowered Tyrant
4. Inbetweener
5. Phoenix Force
6. Eternity
7. Mad Jim Jaspers merged with Furry
8. Galactus with the Ultimate Nullifier
9. Maelstorm as the Anomaly (Equal to Thanos but got a cheap Death)
10. Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet
11. The Living Tribunal

Not sure about Time Trapper and Imperiex Prime.

On my list he would get stopped at 7, on yours 4.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
1. Infinity Man
3. Depowered Tyrant
4. Inbetweener
5. Phoenix Force
6. Eternity
11. The Living Tribunal

Not sure about Time Trapper and Imperiex Prime.

On my list he would get stopped at 7, on yours 4.

Not only did you take a few people off my list, you also butchered the order worse than I did. thumb down

King Kandy
1. Infinity Man
2. Depowered Tyrant
3. Darkseid&Highfather
4. In-betweener
5. Galactus with UN
6. Time Trapper
7. Imperiex Prime
8. Eternity
10. Maelstrom as Anomaly
11. Thanos w/e IG (Not sure between this and the next one)
12. Phoenix Force
13. LT

Here's a good varient, he stops at 5.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King Kandy
1. Infinity Man
2. Depowered Tyrant
3. Darkseid&Highfather
4. In-betweener
5. Galactus with UN
6. Time Trapper
7. Imperiex Prime
8. Eternity
10. Maelstrom as Anomaly
11. Thanos w/e IG (Not sure between this and the next one)
12. Phoenix Force
13. LT

Here's a good varient, he stops at 5.

Why do you have Galactus with the Un under thanos with the Ig when clearly Galactus on his own could consume a multiverse if left unchecked like in the black celestial arc, adding in the Un which can erase and recreate a mulitverse kinda is a bigger feat than anything I've ever seen the Ig do. Especially in Thanos's hands.

Thanos_THOTU
Not only did you take a few people off my list, you also butchered the order worse than I did. thumb down
Lol, how?
Darkseid and Highfather are skyfather beings, Tyrant eat skyfather for breakfast, even the depowered version.

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Why do you have Galactus with the Un under thanos with the Ig when clearly Galactus on his own could consume a multiverse if left unchecked like in the black celestial arc, adding in the Un which can erase and recreate a mulitverse kinda is a bigger feat than anything I've ever seen the Ig do. Especially in Thanos's hands.
Maelstorm foguth Thanos with the Gauntlet a standstill, he would as well be above the Ultimate Nullifier.
But I have no ****ing idea why he ranked Phoenix so high, GS sock or just a hoover

King Kandy
Because IG>UN (As seen in IW) and IG>Galactus (As seen in every showing by IG.)

King Kandy
Lol, how?
Darkseid and Highfather are skyfather beings, Tyrant eat skyfather for breakfast, even the depowered version.
When has Tyrant ever "Eaten Skyfathers for Breakfast"?

He never has... He's one-shotted Heralds, but so has Odin.

Galan007
when clearly Galactus on his own could consume a multiverse if left unchecked like in the black celestial arc. *sighs*

I take it you've never actually read that arc either, ey?

Because during the "Black Celestial arc", the only thing we know for sure that Galactus was going to consume, was a singular Universe. wink

Anyone who says differently, is spewing nothing but their own opinion, . smile

Utrigita
Yet reed said that if Galactus was left unchecked this universe wouldn't be enough, and he would move on.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Utrigita
Yet reed said that if Galactus was left unchecked this universe wouldn't be enough, and he would move on.

Which is irrelevant because that speculation was never realised, it never became on panel feat. On top of that it was ONLY if he was left unchecked. He wasnt.

Utrigita
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Which is irrelevant because that speculation was never realised, it never became on panel feat. On top of that it was ONLY if he was left unchecked. He wasnt.

Speculation is allowed on this forum, for that is all we do gauge one being power vs another and then speculate what would happen.

On Panel he was eating a universe.

Yes a lot of thing would happen if left unchecked, Jasper would have warped the omniverse, Dark Phoenix would have destroyed and so on and on, so whats your point?

Why are we even debating Galactus this is about cosmic extants gauntlet, but instead off looking at the gauntlet which is a little messed up I will say who I think can win,

LT, Thanos W/IG, and possible maelstrom

quanchi112
Because IG>UN (As seen in IW) and IG>Galactus (As seen in every showing by IG.) nvers logic makes no sense. gaalctus was nothing to the ig, and when i say that im being kind. he was insignificant against thanos there.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
*sighs*

Because during the "Black Celestial arc", the only thing we know for sure that Galactus was going to consume, was a singular Universe. wink

Anyone who says differently, is spewing nothing but their own opinion, . smile well its no surprise to anyone here that nver never read it. half the things he says never happened the way in which he describes it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by quanchi112
nvers logic makes no sense. gaalctus was nothing to the ig, and when i say that im being kind. he was insignificant against thanos there.

Shut the **** up. The Un has done more on panel that Thanos with the IG ever did. Magus Incomplete I/G>Thanos with complete IG according to this ****ed up forum's view of the matter. That is all

Symmetric Chaos
Shut the **** up. The Un has done more on panel that Thanos with the IG ever did. Magus Incomplete I/G>Thanos with complete IG according to this ****ed up forum's view of the matter. That is all

The IG is still a hell of a lot more dangerous. The UN has only one way to attack. The IG can effect time or shut off the UN with ease.

It's harder to fight a person with the IG than a person with the UN.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The IG is still a hell of a lot more dangerous. The UN has only one way to attack. The IG can effect time or shut off the UN with ease.

It's harder to fight a person with the IG than a person with the UN. I never dispute that. The Ig is a much more versatile Weapon. It is more precise. I have always said that the IG was like a snipers rifle with prescision while the UN is a cannon. They both Kill. But the UN has displayed far more Destructive and creative power than the IG EVEr did.

Supreme being

confused Woah i have been gone to long from here, what now Galactus is now Multiversal.

I dont think we should take that arc as 100% fact.

TricksterPriest
*sighs*

Anyone who says differently, is spewing nothing but their own opinion, . smile

Ah, Galan. Excellent. big grin you got my pm. So, as the resident expert on Extant and the 'Gog, where does he stop, and who does he beat?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Supreme being
confused Woah i have been gone to long from here, what now Galactus is now Multiversal.

The Un is part of Galactus correct?

I dont think we should take that arc as 100% fact.

Supreme being
The Un is part of Galactus correct?

Correct but i see it as a weapon a weapon that can operate individually from Galactus.

King Kandy
IG>UN. This is shown on Panel. What are you arguing about?

GalacticStorm
Speculation is allowed on this forum, for that is all we do gauge one being power vs another and then speculate what would happen.

On Panel he was eating a universe.

Yes a lot of thing would happen if left unchecked, Jasper would have warped the omniverse, Dark Phoenix would have destroyed and so on and on, so whats your point?

Why are we even debating Galactus this is about cosmic extants gauntlet, but instead off looking at the gauntlet which is a little messed up I will say who I think can win,

LT, Thanos W/IG, and possible maelstrom

We look at actual on panel feats and illustrated character power sets and from their proven capabilities, post a hypothetical confrontation where we speculate how we think characters would fare based on said proven capabilities and nothing else, otherwise the argument is baseless.

If a character has not shown themselves capable of something on panel, if they've shown nowhere near a certain level of prowess you cannot state that they are capable of doing so and expect to get away with that in debate.

If Phoenix in other appearances hadnt healed the M'kraan crystal, amputated the future and telekinetically manipulated the atoms of a a reality then i would not and could not credibly come in here and argue that she's certified universe destroyer level regardless of what a few characters on panel merely said about her capacity.

On top of that the Time Bubble story arc where Galactus raged out of control and was eating everything around him never occurred in 616 and it never featured 616 Galactus therefore using said arc as a representation of what 616 Galactus is capable of is illogical. Not only could that Galactus have had a different power level to our Galactus, but on top of that the Galactus in that story arc could only do what he did after his makeup was altered by the Dreaming Celestial. It wasnt a feat achievable as far as we know by that universes Galactus as standard, so once again referencing that event to speak for 616 Galactus is illogical.

GalacticStorm
IG>UN. This is shown on Panel. What are you arguing about?

I'm not convinced. Greater in terms of its versatility most definitely as the UN's a bit of a one trick pony, however since when does re-directing the path of an energy blast automatically equate to one power being more potent than another?

I'm not saying the Ig's NOT more powerful, i'm just saying i dont personally think that incident is evidence of it.

King Kandy
Well all I'm saying is that in a fight the IG beats the UN. That's a fact.

GalacticStorm
Well all I'm saying is that in a fight the IG beats the UN. That's a fact.

Oh definitely, its so much more versatile. However i'm not convinced the IG in one burst of power can cause more destruction than the UN can. But due to the limited versatility of the UN, an IG user would always be able to defeat a UN user.

King Kandy
Well yeah, but even if you fire a UN blast at an IG user, the IG can redirect it, that's why I put IG>UN. I'm not sure if the IG can make a bigger "Bang", but it'll definatly win in a fight.

Mr Master
1. Infinity Man
2. Depowered Tyrant
3. Darkseid&Highfather
4. Galactus w/e UN
5. In-betweener
6. Eternity
7. Thanos w/e IG
8. Time Trapper
10. Imperiex Prime
11. Maelstrom as Anomaly
12. Phoenix Force
13. LT

Marvel ... IMO.

1. Depowered Tyrant (never destroyed a Universe, can't destroy a Universe)
2. In-betweener (never destroyed a Universe, can't destroy a Universe)
3. Maelstrom as Anomaly with Eon Consciousness (needed a Black Hole to destroy a Universe)
4. Eternity Aspect, (which is One Universe/Reality)
5. Phoenix Force (Universal destroyer)
6. Eternity (All, which is the Multiverse)
7. Galactus w/UN (Multiversal destroyer)
8. Thanos IG (too many reasons)
8. Jim Jaspers (not even Matrix empowered Merlyn could stop him)

9. Eighth place is a Tie, imo, I just don't know who would take that.

10. LT (LT)

btw, I'm not debating this, it's just IMO. smile

TricksterPriest
Thank you. thumb up Your order of the marvel guys looks accurate.

Mr Master
Thank you. thumb up Your order of the marvel guys looks accurate.
smile

Endless Mike
But Maelstrom as the Anomaly was an even match for Thanos with the IG

Mr Master
Originally posted by Endless Mike
But Maelstrom as the Anomaly was an even match for Thanos with the IG

Says who?

Maelstrom himself admitted Thanos was more powerful than him:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2411/m2hp2.th.jpg

There's also a rumor going around that Maelstrom was stalemating Thanos, but there's no conclusive proof that Thanos had the IG in that battle, in fact, Thanos is not wearing an IG on panel.

Quasar was crossing Timelines when he saw that, Quasar even saw Korvac before he nullified Eternity back in 1982, so, I'm not sure he saw Thanos w/IG, it could have been Thanos' acquisition of another power source.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I'm not convinced. Greater in terms of its versatility most definitely as the UN's a bit of a one trick pony, however since when does re-directing the path of an energy blast automatically equate to one power being more potent than another?

I'm not saying the Ig's NOT more powerful, i'm just saying i dont personally think that incident is evidence of it.

Iv'e been saying this for ever. Hell Firestorm redirected the Omega Force. Does it now mean that Firestorm is more powerful than the Omega Force?

Mr Master
Iv'e been saying this for ever.

And it's still wrong. erm

Hell Firestorm redirected the Omega Force. Does it now mean that Firestorm is more powerful than the Omega Force?

If Firestorm can completely control the Omega Force's direction and action,
then yes, he is more powerful than the Omega Force.

But if all Firestorm did was "re-direct" the line of trajectory with a block, or deflection object,
then no, it's not the same thing.

WW may be able to deflect the Omega Effect,
but can WW command the Omega Effect to go left or right or do little circles in the air? No.

An Incomplete IG controlled the UN's energies on that level.

The UN was not deflected or blocked or "re-directed,
the UN's energies were controlled to the whim of the Incomplete IG's wielder.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Mr Master
And it's still wrong. erm

If Firestorm can completely control the Omega Force's direction and action,
then yes, he is more powerful than the Omega Force.

But if all Firestorm did was "re-direct" the line of trajectory with a block, or deflection object,
then no, it's not the same thing.

WW may be able to deflect the Omega Effect,
but can WW command the Omega Effect to go left or right or do little circles in the air? No.

An Incomplete IG controlled the UN's energies on that level.

The UN was not deflected or blocked or "re-directed,
the UN's energies were controlled to the whim of the Incomplete IG's wielder.

No it didn't. we have no idea what he did. All he said was he turned the energies back on the user.

Mr Master
No it didn't.
we have no idea what he did.
All he said was he turned the energies back on the user.

YOU may force yourself to have no idea,

but I KNOW what happened On Panel:

Quasar directed ALL the power of the Ultimate Nullifier at Magus alone:

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/5366/igvsunoz6.th.jpg

Quasar was actually able to set it off:

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/2843/igvsun2pi1.th.jpg
Magus controlled those energies and negated Quasar with them, Absolute control.

Notice how they engulf Quasar evenly.

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/8928/igvsun3sw2.th.jpg
"With a Thought, I turn the Universe's most devastating weapon upon it's bearer"

Magus exercized a single Thought,

and Magus with an Incomplete IG owned the Ultimate Nullifier with a Single thought.

Imagine what a Complete IG is capable of. runforhills

Also,

4 Gems created several Realities and threatened to destroy ALL the Realities
during the Nemesis affair.

Validus
I like how Extant is irrelevant in his own thread.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Validus
I like how Extant is irrelevant in his own thread.

Especially considering he'd beat down the IG. stick out tongue

Mr Master
Especially considering he'd beat down the IG.

ermmno

TricksterPriest
ermmno

yes Where the hell is Galan? He said he'd be here. confused I asked him specifically, because he created Extant's respect thread.

I'm gonna pm him again.

nvrbeenwthagirl
If Exatant controls all of the worlogog then He will beat the IG. But I think extant kinda made himself not even need the Worlogog anymore.

Mr Master
Where the hell is Galan? He said he'd be here. I asked him specifically, because he created Extant's respect thread.

I'm gonna pm him again.

He won't change my mind. smile

I'm not only considering Thanos' feats,
I'm taking all the IG's feats into consideration, even incomplete IGs.

Like the 4 Gems that created Reality after Reality from scratch.

Like the same 4 Gems threatened to destroy ALL the Realities
(whether it was referring to the Omniverse or Multiverse, I don't know)

"What do you mean NOTHING belongs here?" ... "This whole Reality is wrong"
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/44/n7en8.th.jpg
"These Two Gems (Time-Reality) must be reunited, otherwise ALL REALITIES, including this one, will be destroyed, I have to use them to CREATE a New and stronger Reality, one whose Fabric isn't unravelling as this one is"

That's only 4 Gems friend. erm

5 Gems stomped the UN (Multiversal destroyer)

Mr Master
If Exatant controls all of the worlogog then He will beat the IG. But I think extant kinda made himself not even need the Worlogog anymore.

Time control vs Time control equals stalemate in that department.

In Marvel,

only the LT proved to be conclusively above the IG On Panel and in the bio.

Only a power equal to the LT in DC would defeat the IG conclusively, IMO.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He won't change my mind. smile

I'm not only considering Thanos' feats,
I'm taking all the IG's feats into consideration, even incomplete IGs.

Like the 4 Gems that created Reality after Reality from scratch.

Like the same 4 Gems threatened to destroy ALL the Realities
(whether it was referring to the Omniverse or Multiverse, I don't know)

"What do you mean NOTHING belongs here?" ... "This whole Reality is wrong"
"These Two Gems (Time-Reality) must be reunited, otherwise ALL REALITIES, including this one, will be destroyed, I have to use them to CREATE a New and stronger Reality, one whose Fabric isn't unravelling as this one is"

That's only 4 Gems friend. erm

5 Gems stomped the UN (Multiversal destroyer)

5 gems no such thing as stomp the UN. More of your bullshit. 5 Gems reversed the power of the UN back upon quasar the user. At which time, the Un was only shown to be universal in destructive power. The writer at the time had no idea that the Un would later become muliversal in power. Stop the insanity right now.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Time control vs Time control equals stalemate in that department.

In Marvel,

only the LT proved to be conclusively above the IG On Panel and in the bio.

Only a power equal to the LT in DC would defeat the IG conclusively, IMO.

Where in the hell did you get that the worlogog only controls time? And The IG has never shown any kind of multiversal creation of it's own that I'm aware of. Mxy could beat a user of the IG and he's not LT's equal.

Galan007
1. Infinity Man
3. Depowered Tyrant
4. Inbetweener
5. Phoenix Force
6. Eternity
11. The Living Tribunal This list actually seems more accurate then the original,

Extant would make it to at least #10 here imo.

Mr Master
5 gems no such thing as stomp the UN. More of your bullshit.

dontgetit

5 Gems STOMP the UN:

"With a Thought, I turn the Universe's most devastating weapon upon it's bearer"

Who's known for the bull shit? erm

5 Gems reversed the power of the UN back upon quasar the user.

Right,

and that's not controlling the UN ... LOL.

At which time, the Un was only shown to be universal in destructive power. The writer at the time had no idea that the Un would later become muliversal in power. Stop the insanity right now.

Now see,

this is true bull shit coming from your screen name as usual, as expected.

nvrbeenwthagirl
dontgetit

5 Gems STOMP the UN:

Who's known for the bull shit? erm

Right,

and that's not controlling the UN ... LOL.

Now see,

this is true bull shit coming from your screen name as usual, as expected. All he did was turn the energies back upon the user. As i said. No where is he stopping the energy. He isn't sustaining a blast from it and shrugging it off. So many ways he can turn the energy back upon the user. He had the space gem. just switch space around or fold space. nice try tho. I know what I said and what I said is backed by the scan. He in NO way did anything impressive against the UN. It was quasar who was pwned.

TricksterPriest
This list actually seems more accurate then the original,

Extant would make it to at least #10 here imo.

Galan, in your opinion, can Cosmic Extant, with the 'gog and chair, beat Thanos w/e the IG?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Galan, in your opinion, can Cosmic Extant, with the 'gog and chair, beat Thanos w/e the IG?

he doesn't need the chair.

draxx_tOfU
All he did was turn the energies back upon the user. As i said. No where is he stopping the energy. He isn't sustaining a blast from it and shrugging it off. So many ways he can turn the energy back upon the user. He had the space gem. just switch space around or fold space. nice try tho. I know what I said and what I said is backed by the scan. He in NO way did anything impressive against the UN. It was quasar who was pwned.

wow...

no expression

Mr Master
Where in the hell did you get that the worlogog only controls time?

If it doesn't make Extant the LT's equal,
then he can't defeat the IG, simple as that.

And The IG has never shown any kind of multiversal creation of it's own that I'm aware of.

Actually 4 Gems created Reality after Reality,
the same 4 Gems threatened to destroy ALL the Realities,

5 Gems stomped the UN,

the Soul Gem claimed it could conquer BOTH MultiverseS,
the one that houses 616 and the one that houses the Ultraverse,
the LT confirmed this possibility.

Only the LT has conclusively shown to be able to stop the IG.

Mxy could beat a user of the IG and he's not LT's equal.

That's an opinion that will never be proven.

Mr Master
All he did was turn the energies back upon the user. As i said. No where is he stopping the energy. He isn't sustaining a blast from it and shrugging it off. So many ways he can turn the energy back upon the user. He had the space gem. just switch space around or fold space. nice try tho. I know what I said and what I said is backed by the scan. He in NO way did anything impressive against the UN. It was quasar who was pwned.

nuts

This is why debating with you is a waste a time.

nvrbeenwthagirl
P.S. The magus even admits that the Un is the UNIVERSES most devastating weapon. He's number one, calling it a universal destructive force, and Two, not calling the IG the most destructive weapon,and Three, The Un wasn't even destroyed. only quasar was. nuff said. good night.

llagrok
Are you sure you need someone of equal power? I mean, it didn't look like LT had to use all his power in order to stop the IG.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Actually 4 Gems created Reality after Reality,
the same 4 Gems threatened to destroy ALL the Realities,

5 Gems stomped the UN,

the Soul Gem claimed it could conquer BOTH MultiverseS,
the one that houses 616 and the one that houses the Ultraverse,
the LT confirmed this possibility.

Only the LT has conclusively shown to be able to stop the IG.

That's an opinion that will never be proven.

The LT says it's a possibility and we are supposed to take this as fact? And just becuz the LT has been shown to stop the IG, by stopping them from working means what? That no one else has the power to fight it? Didn't strange do if for a brief time? Weren't there other Ig's as well? Seems to me that the LT can stop anything.(except korvak :P). So just becuz he is the one shown to stop it means nothign else can? WOW. What a justification of utter crap.

King Kandy
confused

I'm not following your logic here.

King Kandy
The LT says it's a possibility and we are supposed to take this as fact? And just becuz the LT has been shown to stop the IG, by stopping them from working means what? That no one else has the power to fight it? Didn't strange do if for a brief time? Weren't there other Ig's as well? Seems to me that the LT can stop anything.(except korvak :P). So just becuz he is the one shown to stop it means nothign else can? WOW. What a justification of utter crap.
Well he couldn't stop Pre-Retcon Beyonder.

nvrbeenwthagirl
confused

There is none. That's like saying just becuz the Spectre depowered mxy, no one else can beat or fight mxy but the spectre. And then it wasn't even an actual fight. Just like with the LT. This does not compute.

Mr Master
This list actually seems more accurate then the original,

1. Infinity Man
3. Depowered Tyrant
4. Inbetweener
5. Phoenix Force
6. Eternity
11. The Living Tribunal

Maelstrom as the Anomaly, with Eon's consciousness and Quasar's Quantum bands,
couldn't even destroy a single Universe, he needed a Black Hole to try and destroy one.

Maelstrom stalemating Thanos with the IG is a fantasy even I was taken by.

Nullification is useless against Jaspers 616.

Everything else looks good on his list. smile

I made this one:
1. Depowered Tyrant (never destroyed a Universe, can't destroy a Universe)
2. In-betweener (never destroyed a Universe, can't destroy a Universe)
3. Maelstrom as Anomaly with Eon Consciousness (needed a Black Hole to destroy a Universe)
4. Eternity Aspect, (which is One Universe/Reality)
5. Phoenix Force (Universal destroyer)
6. Eternity (All, which is the Multiverse)
7. Galactus w/UN (Multiversal destroyer)
8. Thanos IG (too many reasons)
8. Jim Jaspers (not even Matrix empowered Merlyn could stop him)

9. Eighth place is a Tie, imo, I just don't know who would take that.

10. LT (LT)

nvrbeenwthagirl
P.S. The magus even admits that the Un is the UNIVERSES most devastating weapon. He's number one, calling it a universal destructive force, and Two, not calling the IG the most destructive weapon,and Three, The Un wasn't even destroyed. only quasar was. nuff said. good night.

And yet these 3 points have yet to be addressed.

draxx_tOfU
There is none. That's like saying just becuz the Spectre depowered mxy, no one else can beat or fight mxy but the spectre. And then it wasn't even an actual fight. Just like with the LT. This does not compute.

so in your opinion, who else could defeat an IG wielder?

seeing as Thanos and Warlock plowed through hordes of mutants, heroes, heralds, demons, skyfathers, and abstracts...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
so in your opinion, who else could defeat an IG wielder?

seeing as Thanos and Warlock plowed through hordes of mutants, heroes, heralds, demons, skyfathers, and abstracts...

Multi-eternity certainly seems to be able to do it. I dont know enough about abraxas. maybe him. The True beyonders maybe? The Infinites?

Mr Master
The LT says it's a possibility and we are supposed to take this as fact?

The LT assured the Multiverse that houses the Ultraverse would be destroyed,
he then said and "possibly our own Universe" ...

And just becuz the LT has been shown to stop the IG, by stopping them from working means what? That no one else has the power to fight it? Didn't strange do if for a brief time?

???

Weren't there other Ig's as well?

Nope, there have never been Alternate Gems depicted in Marvel

The other Two IG's were from Diverged Realities of 616.

Meaning, several years AFTER the IG arc,

somehow in some mirror Universe the IG series is still taking place laughing out loud
Thanos loses the IG to Surfer
Thanos loses the IG to Impossible Man

These are Realities that are stuck in a timeloop, awaiting their birth depending
on a Universe's History that ALREADY took place.

Kinda rediculous if you ask me.

Seems to me that the LT can stop anything.(except korvak :P).

Gibberish.

So just becuz he is the one shown to stop it means nothign else can?

Conclusively?

Yes.

Mr Master
confused

If only the LT has been shown to have the power to stop the IG,
then it's logical to say only an equal opposing force can do the same.

Yes, I don't know how much power the LT needed to stop the IG,
since I will never know, I don't care,
all I do know, is that ONLY the LT was able to do it,
so that's where I stand.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The LT assured the Multiverse that houses the Ultraverse would be destroyed,
he then said and "possibly our own Universe" ...

???

somehow in some mirror Universe the IG series is still taking place laughing out loud

These are Realities that are stuck in a timeloop, awaiting their birth depending

Kinda rediculous if you ask me.

Gibberish.

Conclusively?

Yes.
The only reason we know that the LT can DEPOWER the IG is becuz we've seen him do it. We haven't seen him fight the power. And just becuz he's the one shown doing it means what? That only he can? This is what the debate forum is for right? So just becuz we've seen Superman and Another Superman beat SBP, are they they the only ones' under skyfather than can stop him? Or are they just the ones who were shown to do so.

draxx_tOfU
Multi-eternity certainly seems to be able to do it. I dont know enough about abraxas. maybe him. The True beyonders maybe? The Infinites?

Mr Master

laughing

Amazing how you just throw names around and yet don't know shit about ANY of them.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Also Merlin seems powerful enough, so does MJJ, wanda showed more power than the IG, The white crown pheonix is another that could stop it.

Symmetric Chaos

so that's where I stand.

But who was defeated by thr IG says a lot more about it than who stopped it. If I nuke a house to kill a mouse does that mean only a nuke could have done it? No, because I can look at a cat and see what it's capable of and reason out that despite being far less powerful than a nuclear weapon it's perfectly capable of killing that mouse.

Mr Master
The only reason we know that the LT can DEPOWER the IG is becuz we've seen him do it. We haven't seen him fight the power. And just becuz he's the one shown doing it means what? That only he can? This is what the debate forum is for right? So just becuz we've seen Superman and Another Superman beat SBP, are they they the only ones' under skyfather than can stop him? Or are they just the ones who were shown to do so.

nuts4

Ok, this isn't going anywhere.

It's facts vs intransigence, which never works.

Have fun.

nvrbeenwthagirl
laughing

Amazing how you just throw names around and yet don't know shit about ANY of them.

I'm betting others would agree that ones I named could stalemate or beat the IG. at least on feats. Stay with me. I notice you didn't refute any of what I was saying. You just throw out an insult. You suck.

nvrbeenwthagirl
But who was defeated by thr IG says a lot more about it than who stopped it. If I nuke a house to kill a mouse does that mean only a nuke could have done it? No, because I can look at a cat and see what it's capable of and reason out that despite being far less powerful than a nuclear weapon it's perfectly capable of killing that mouse.

Exactly.

Mr Master

On Panel, Only the LT was able to stop the IG,

that's the bottom line.

Savvy real world analogies aren't going to cut it.

4 Gems CREATED Realities from scratch,

those same 4 Gems threatened to destroy ALL the Realities:

If 4 Gems can destroy ALL the Realities,

then the IG can do far more,

but what is there left to do?

Nothing except reach a level where ONLy the LT can stop you. smile

Mr Master
I'm betting others would agree that ones I named could stalemate or beat the IG. at least on feats. Stay with me. I notice you didn't refute any of what I was saying. You just throw out an insult. You suck.

Refute what?

All you do is post gibberish and shit

we all know the deal, you pat yourself on the back and it makes you feel good.

Whatever. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Symmetric Chaos
On Panel, Only the LT was able to stop the IG,

that's the bottom line.

Savvy real world analogies aren't going to cut it.

What the hell are you talking about.

Of the people that fought the IG the LT was the only one powerful enough. Would you say that the HOTI wouldn't be enough since it never faced the IG?

There's a huge gap between the LT and the IG. I don't see why you don't think nothing can fit in between.

Mr Master
What the hell are you talking about.

I'm talking about On Panel facts friend.

Of the people that fought the IG the LT was the only one powerful enough. Would you say that the HOTI wouldn't be enough since it never faced the IG?

THOTI is above the LT, so obviously it would stomp the IG.

That's an obvious given that I don't have to mention.

There's a huge gap between the LT and the IG. I don't see why you don't think nothing can fit in between.

That's my opinion based on the evidence,

if you can dispute it with proof, I would be more than happy to change my opinion.

TricksterPriest
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/443316_1-respect-extant

Check it out. Extant's control over time, IMO, surpassed the time gem.

Mr Master
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/443316_1-respect-extant

Check it out. Extant's control over time, IMO, surpassed the time gem.

Than the Time Gem alone?

I agree.

Than the IG?

Same capabilities.

Looking at that respect thread,
Extant is obviously a God, but so is the wielder of the IG.

meh, for the sake of arguement ... stalemate.

draxx_tOfU

Question is, would nuking a house be your first option?

Regarding the IG, after Adam blasted Eternity and the abstracts, who else do you think should have stepped up to fill the gap between the IG and LT?

Symmetric Chaos
Question is, would nuking a house be your first option?

Regarding the IG, after Adam blasted Eternity and the abstracts, who else do you think should have stepped up to fill the gap between the IG and LT?

In the MU? No one comes to mind.

However of the people that Adam and Thanos and the Magus beat with the IG the only thinf of Multiversal scale they beat was the UN. There's still plenty of room for multiverse scale entities to fight the IG and beat him featwise.

draxx_tOfU

However of the people that Adam and Thanos and the Magus beat with the IG the only thinf of Multiversal scale they beat was the UN. There's still plenty of room for multiverse scale entities to fight the IG and beat him featwise.

so which multiversal entities can withstand the UN let alone the IG aside from LT...

King Kandy

so that's where I stand.
Not really... If IG is one, and LT is fifty, then anything 2-50 can stop the IG.

Mr Master

However of the people that Adam and Thanos and the Magus beat with the IG the only thinf of Multiversal scale they beat was the UN.

That was an Incomplete IG that owned the UN.

The 5 Gems Magus had didn't even make him Omnipotent, and look what he was able to accomplish.

Stomp the UN and Merged Two Universes in an instant.

4 Gems created one Reality after another from nothingness:

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/995/n5pa7.th.jpg
"Each New Wave CREATED another New Reality"

Those SAME 4 Gems nearly destroyed ALL the Realities in creation,

you seen the scan already.

There's still plenty of room for multiverse scale entities to fight the IG and beat him featwise.

"Plenty?"

Name 3.

Mr Master
Not really... If IG is one, and LT is fifty, then anything 2-50 can stop the IG.

Where are those figures calculated on panel or in a bio?

trickster_farts
Master, your treachery knows no bounds. Your ability to deceive the simple-minded is legendary. Your punishment is eternal banishment from the realm of KMC. May the gods of comicdom have mercy on your soul.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by trickster_farts
Master, your treachery knows no bounds. Your ability to deceive the simple-minded is legendary. Your punishment is eternal banishment from the realm of KMC. May the gods of comicdom have mercy on your soul.
I change my mind. I like you.

TricksterPriest

HEY! GET THE **** OUT OF MY THREAD, YOU ****ING SOCK! mad THIS IS A SERIOUS THREAD, I'M NOT GONNA LET YOUR GARBAGE MESS IT UP! thumb down

nvrbeenwthagirl
HEY! GET THE **** OUT OF MY THREAD, YOU ****ING SOCK! mad THIS IS A SERIOUS THREAD, I'M NOT GONNA LET YOUR GARBAGE MESS IT UP! thumb down

it's one of the regulars messing with you. LOL.

trickster_farts

Try not to curse yourself, my dear Trickster. Anger must be released in another manner. We share the same mind, body, and soul. Our being must be one.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Try not to curse yourself, my dear Trickster. Anger must be released in another manner. We share the same mind, body, and soul. Our being must be one.

who the **** are you? the Magus? LOL. The Goddess? did trickster rid himself of all evil and good?

TricksterPriest

I'm warning you. Get the **** out of my thread. miffed I really do not want to deal with this ****ing crap.

Mr Master
The thread has been hijacked by a sock account. mad

trickster_farts
The thread has been hijacked by a sock account. mad

I am just an aspect of Trickster's consciousness, just as GalacticStorm is an aspect of yours.

trickster_farts
I'm warning you. Get the **** out of my thread. miffed I really do not want to deal with this ****ing crap.

Then release yourself. Do not oppose the dark half of our mind. Reconcile yourself to me.

TricksterPriest
I am just an aspect of Trickster's consciousness, just as GalacticStorm is an aspect of yours.

Oh snap. It's on. You just pissed him off with that one. ermmhappy And you just proved you're a sock.

trickster_farts
Oh snap. It's on. You just pissed him off with that one. ermmhappy And you just proved you're a sock.

just as xmeat is an aspect of nvr's consciousness.

TricksterPriest
laughing Hey Nvr, is he still on your cool kids clique?

nvrbeenwthagirl
just as xmeat is an aspect of nvr's consciousness.

now we know you are a silly lil ******. Xmeat ****ing loved the hulk. Are u serious? the hulk. He's so ugly. i bet he has a big dick tho. a big green one. with green jizz eeewwww. Xmeat is not any part of me. Quanchi is xmeat you dope.

nvrbeenwthagirl
laughing Hey Nvr, is he still on your cool kids clique?

NO. he sucks more cock than i do. he's a silly ******.

SpunkySmurph
laughing Hey Nvr, is he still on your cool kids clique? Isn't talking about yourself in third person one of the first signs of insanity?

trickster_farts
NO. he sucks more cock than i do. he's a silly ******.

xmeat will always be an aspect of your mind. nvr is not nvr without his alter ego, xmeat. I can peer into your mind, nvr. Xmeat is the total sum of all you ever fantasized about...a cross between tricksterpriest and Mr. Master..with a dash of skeets.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Isn't talking about yourself in third person one of the first signs of insanity?

I am wayyyyyyy past the first sign. crazy

Galan007
Galan, in your opinion, can Cosmic Extant, with the 'gog and chair, beat Thanos w/e the IG? If we are only to compare feats Thanos himself accomplished /w/ IG, and only feats Extant himself accomplished with the 'Gog....

Then Extant would take this, .

Now,

If we are to compare ALL feats from the IG, , then it would probably be a stalemate.

And FYI,

All the Mobius Chair really allowed Extant to do is transverse through any plane of existence..... The actual creation of his Universe and everything in it was all the 'Gog imo. smile

Utrigita
We look at actual on panel feats and illustrated character power sets and from their proven capabilities, post a hypothetical confrontation where we speculate how we think characters would fare based on said proven capabilities and nothing else, otherwise the argument is baseless.

If a character has not shown themselves capable of something on panel, if they've shown nowhere near a certain level of prowess you cannot state that they are capable of doing so and expect to get away with that in debate.

If Phoenix in other appearances hadnt healed the M'kraan crystal, amputated the future and telekinetically manipulated the atoms of a a reality then i would not and could not credibly come in here and argue that she's certified universe destroyer level regardless of what a few characters on panel merely said about her capacity.

On top of that the Time Bubble story arc where Galactus raged out of control and was eating everything around him never occurred in 616 and it never featured 616 Galactus therefore using said arc as a representation of what 616 Galactus is capable of is illogical. Not only could that Galactus have had a different power level to our Galactus, but on top of that the Galactus in that story arc could only do what he did after his makeup was altered by the Dreaming Celestial. It wasnt a feat achievable as far as we know by that universes Galactus as standard, so once again referencing that event to speak for 616 Galactus is illogical.

You mean we are looking at panel feats you on the other hand are looking in the handbooks. : post a hypothetical confrontation where we speculate how we think characters would fare based on said proven capabilities and nothing else, otherwise the argument is baseless.: So basically you are saying the same as I am, we are taking one being vs another and are speculating what would happend if they meet I doesn't see this divert from my original statement confused

There wasn't anyone stopping her now was there??? No there wasn't, My point was that a lot of things would happend in marvel if there wasn't any intervention and Phoenix wouldn't have amputated anything if Jamie for instance would have stopped her, cause and effect, If I remember correctly you said thatit didn't happen because it was halted by reed well Jasper was also halted and so on...

I have pointed that out already cannot remember if it was in this thread ore another but I have pointed it out.

GalacticStorm

thumb up

By current continuity the IG draws its power from the Big Bang, it is a universal power. The fact that it was LT that stopped it on panel doesnt mean that it requires a being of LT's power to stop it.

GalacticStorm
You mean we are looking at panel feats you on the other hand are looking in the handbooks. : post a hypothetical confrontation where we speculate how we think characters would fare based on said proven capabilities and nothing else, otherwise the argument is baseless.: So basically you are saying the same as I am, we are taking one being vs another and are speculating what would happend if they meet I doesn't see this divert from my original statement confused

There wasn't anyone stopping her now was there??? No there wasn't, My point was that a lot of things would happend in marvel if there wasn't any intervention and Phoenix wouldn't have amputated anything if Jamie for instance would have stopped her, cause and effect, If I remember correctly you said thatit didn't happen because it was halted by reed well Jasper was also halted and so on...

I have pointed that out already cannot remember if it was in this thread ore another but I have pointed it out.

Didnt understand a word of that because of how it was written.

In a nutshell, all it comes down to is we hypothesize about how a character would fare in battle based solely on on panel feats, capabilities proven on panel, power levels illustrated on panel, NOT character statements. Character feats are conclusive, a character comment is unproven and not necessarily what said characters actually believe, they could have a hidden agenda, a motive for saying certain things, so unless a statement is supported by a feat, you cant present it as conclusive evidence of what a character is capable of, this doesnt work like that.

nvrbeenwthagirl
thumb up

By current continuity the IG draws its power from the Big Bang, it is a universal power. The fact that it was LT that stopped it on panel doesnt mean that it requires a being of LT's power to stop it.

I been saying that forever. The LT said the wearer of the guantlet replaces Eternity. Nothing more.

Galan007
The fact that it was LT that stopped it on panel doesnt mean that it requires a being of LT's power to stop it. I disagree.

LT simply talked Warlock out of a confrontation... That's why Warlock gave up the IG.

But,

Had Warlock not handed over the IG, there would have been an unprecedented battle between himself and LT.

The fact that LT couldn't have just blinked to beat Warlock.... The fact that he would have had to physically battle him,

The fact that LT had to litterally gauge his own power against the IG's

Tells me that LT was required to wrest the Gauntlet from Warlock.

srug

GalacticStorm

Who told you any of this? confused

Can you direct me to the comic issue or other official publication where this was stated please? smile

There are other IG's in the universe as proven by the existence of other Infinity Gauntlets in the Marvel Multiverse.

What If SS has the IG

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/6/17511070250.jpg

What if Impossible Man has the IG.

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/6/17511035775.jpg

By current continiuity The IG's power derives from the power primordial which an energy source derived from the universes Big Bang:

She Hulk V3 #8

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/12/36012303242.jpg

Champion/Fallen Ones bio:

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/12/36012325176.jpg

So not only do the What Ifs illustrate the universal nature of the IG, but on top of that its power source verifies it.

GalacticStorm
I disagree.

LT simply talked Warlock out of a confrontation... That's why Warlock gave up the IG.

But,

Had Warlock not handed over the IG, there would have been an unprecedented battle between himself and LT.

The fact that LT couldn't have just blinked to beat Warlock.... The fact that he would have had to physically battle him,

The fact that LT had to litterally gauge his own power against the IG's

Tells me that LT was required to wrest the Gauntlet from Warlock.

srug

The IG by canon is a universal power. Its feats are topped by other Marvel characters/artifacts. Yes LT was unsure of how his power would fare against the IG (as i have argued many a time during my time here) however that doesnt mean that only LT can stop the IG. We know that it takes a power greater than Eternitys conclusively, but not that it has to be LT's.

Galan007
The IG by canon is a universal power. Its feats are topped by other Marvel characters/artifacts. Yes LT was unsure of how his power would fare against the IG (as i have argued many a time during my time here) however that doesnt mean that only LT can stop the IG. We know that it takes a power greater than Eternitys conclusively, but not that it has to be LT's. Question?

Can you prove that LT's power wasn't the only thing which could have wrested the IG from Warlock?

Because there's much more evidence to suggest that LT's power was in fact required to stop the IG imo. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
The IG by canon is a universal power. Its feats are topped by other Marvel characters/artifacts. Yes LT was unsure of how his power would fare against the IG (as i have argued many a time during my time here) however that doesnt mean that only LT can stop the IG. We know that it takes a power greater than Eternitys conclusively, but not that it has to be LT's.

I totally agree and have been arguing this for months now. Good work on the research.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Question?

Can you prove that LT's power wasn't the only thing which could have wrested the IG from Warlock?

Because there's much more evidence to suggest that LT's power was in fact required to stop the IG imo. smile

SO you honestly think Merlin or Havok or MJJ couldn't?

Galan007
SO you honestly think Merlin or Havok or MJJ couldn't? Havok, ? Sure.

The others? Iffy, .

nvrbeenwthagirl
Havok, ? Sure.

The others? Iffy, .

They seem to have done more on panel than the IG or even the UN. I rank the IG as a universal power only. There are other IG's too. So it can't be multiversal with others out there like it.

Symmetric Chaos
Havok, ? Sure.

The others? Iffy, .

I'd bet Merlin is more powerful and Jaspers certainly has more potential than the IG has ever shown.

Galan007
I'd bet Merlin is more powerful I disagree.

Jaspers certainly has more potential than the IG has ever shown. If you want to talk potential, I'll start talking Infinity Being. stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
I disagree.

Merlin has is in a position where he can potentially destroy the entire Omniverse if need be. I really don't see the IG doing that no matter how motivated the user.

If you want to talk potential, I'll start talking Infinity Being. stick out tongue

I don't see Jaspers getting hurt by the BlackKinght leftright

Galan007
I rank the IG as a universal power only. There are other IG's too. So it can't be multiversal with others out there like it. LT = a Multiversal entity, .

Now what was required to bring down the IG?

Exactly... smile

Symmetric Chaos
LT = a Multiversal entity, .

I didn't see any other multiversal beings even try to fight the IG . . .

nvrbeenwthagirl
LT = a Multiversal entity, .

Exactly... smile

THe LT is an omniversal entity. And we never seen the IG face a multiversal entitity. ANd since it's power source is only universal, and there are other ig's, i'd wager it can't beat the multieternity.

Galan007
Merlin has is in a position where he can potentially destroy the entire Omniverse if need be. I really don't see the IG doing that no matter how motivated the user. The question there is,

Could the IG redirect turn those energies back on Merlyn... UN style?

srug
I don't see Jaspers getting hurt by the BlackKinght leftright Look at the big picture of what the IB accomplished, .

And transport MJJ to unspace, and what's he got?

Nothing. smile

Galan007
THe LT is an omniversal entity. And we never seen the IG face a multiversal entitity. ANd since it's power source is only universal, and there are other ig's, i'd wager it can't beat the multieternity. Speculation.

LT, , had to literally gauge his power against the IG on panel.

Something merely Universal, wouldn't have been shit under his shoe.

Symmetric Chaos
The question there is,

Could the IG redirect turn those energies back on Merlyn... UN style?

srug

As every universe in nullified at once? There's no where to turn the energies back to.

Look at the big picture of what the IB accomplished, .

mhm I never even saw what the IB did.

And transport MJJ to unspace, and what's he got?

Nothing. smile

And when Jaspers has become absolutely everything?

GalacticStorm
Question?

Given that:

a) there are other artifacts and powers that have greater feats of power than the IG

b) The nature and power source of the IG is defined within current continuity as universal

c) Theres no statement or proof that only LT had the power to stop the IG in Marvel

I'd say my point of view is quite understandable. Out of all the powers gathered in that comic only LT had the power to stand against the IG, that is quite clear as all the other powers featured had previously shown they couldnt. That doesnt however translate into the point that only LT could stop the IG.

The M'kraan crystal, The White Crown Phoenix and HOTI have all shown considerably greater than universal power levels and yet none of those were featured in the comic for example.

GalacticStorm
I disagree.

If you want to talk potential, I'll start talking Infinity Being. stick out tongue

Me and you are in agreement here. Merlyn is overrated. He was only significantly powerful when he had access to the matrix. Other than that he has no feats of note.

I also agree that to use potential as a point with which to argue about how a character in their present status would fare in battle is illogical. smile

Galan007
As every universe in nullified at once? There's no where to turn the energies back to.Back to the focal point where the energy was emitted from? confused
And when Jaspers has become absolutely everything? That's where unspace comes into play.

No matter how powerful MJJ becomes, there is nothing to suggest he can start creating things from nothingness.

Take MJJ to a place without clay to mold, and he is quite literally powerless.

But barring teleporting MJJ to unspace, a "full potential" MJJ should be more powerful then the IG.... But that really shouldn't be used, .

Utrigita
Didnt understand a word of that because of how it was written.

In a nutshell, all it comes down to is we hypothesize about how a character would fare in battle based solely on on panel feats, capabilities proven on panel, power levels illustrated on panel, NOT character statements. Character feats are conclusive, a character comment is unproven and not necessarily what said characters actually believe, they could have a hidden agenda, a motive for saying certain things, so unless a statement is supported by a feat, you cant present it as conclusive evidence of what a character is capable of, this doesnt work like that.

Yes I did

Those was my words

:for that is all we do gauge one being power vs another and then speculate what would happen:

you use hypothesize I use speculate care to define the difference for me?

And you cannot deny the fact that you are using the handbooks constantly when you are to downgrade a on panel evidence that points to the contrary of you thoughts on the character.

Symmetric Chaos
Back to the focal point where the energy was emitted from? confused
That's where unspace comes into play.

How would that much energy fit inside a limited space?
No matter how powerful he becomes, there is nothing to suggest he can start creating things from nothingness.

Take MJJ to a place without clay to mold, and he is quite literally powerless.

I was thinking more along the lines of how hard it would be to move him if he had bonded with everything.

But barring teleporting MJJ to unspace, a "full potential" MJJ should be more powerful then the IG.

I win w00t

Galan007
Given that:

a) there are other artifacts and powers that have greater feats of power than the IG

b) The nature and power source of the IG is defined within current continuity as universal

c) Theres no statement or proof that only LT had the power to stop the IG in Marvel

I'd say my point of view is quite understandable. Out of all the powers gathered in that comic only LT had the power to stand against the IG, that is quite clear as all the other powers featured had previously shown they couldnt. That doesnt however translate into the point that only LT could stop the IG.

The M'kraan crystal, The White Crown Phoenix and HOTI have all shown considerably greater than universal power levels and yet none of those were featured in the comic for example. I get what you're saying...

But would LT have to gauge his own power against anyone you listed, ? stick out tongue

Doubtful...

But unlike some you argue with, I'm just going to stop the argument here... I don't wish to turn this into a 20+ page argument. smile

GalacticStorm
Merlin has is in a position where he can potentially destroy the entire Omniverse if need be. I really don't see the IG doing that no matter how motivated the user.

The Celestial Nullifier isnt a handheld device like the UN that Merlyn could walk around and use to target anything he desired. It was attuned to the life forces of realities, it destroyed universes specifically and it was a mammoth of a device located in Otherworld. What good is that in battle with the IG? Whats to stop a user just dismantling or blowing up the machinery?

Galan007
How would that much energy fit inside a limited space?Because that's where the energy came from to begin with? confused
I was thinking more along the lines of how hard it would be to move him if he had bonded with everything. Thing is,

We don't know how hard that would be, because MJJ never realized that potential... . smile

I win w00t w00t

Utrigita
The Celestial Nullifier isnt a handheld device like the UN that Merlyn could walk around and use to target anything he desired. It was attuned to the life forces of realities, it destroyed universes specifically and it was a mammoth of a device located in Otherworld. What good is that in battle with the IG? Whats to stop a user just dismantling or blowing up the machinery?

Well ofcause the CN could blow up the universe with the wielder in it happens instantly, but seeing that the UN did have pratically no effect on the wielder, so I cannot see how the CN would stop the IG.

GalacticStorm
I get what you're saying...

But would LT have to gauge his own power against anyone you listed, ? stick out tongue

Doubtful...

But unlike some you argue with, I'm just going to stop the argument here... I don't wish to turn this into a 20+ page argument. smile

Thats cool. An essay war is NOT what i want! lol

As for your question, who knows. Given the greater feats of said items/power sources it would be logical that he would, but we just dont know.

Unlike some i debate with, you at least have the maturity to admit that my argument is understandable, even though you don't agree with it. smile

Galan007
Me and you are in agreement here. Merlyn is overrated. He was only significantly powerful when he had access to the matrix. Other than that he has no feats of note.

I also agree that to use potential as a point with which to argue about how a character in their present status would fare in battle is illogical. smile thumb up

Symmetric Chaos
Because that's where the energy came from to begin with? confused

sly

Although I think it's actually done by smashing crystals that have the universe in them or something. There might be nothing to redirect srug

We don't know how hard that would be, because MJJ never realized that potential... . smile

True.

Galan007
Thats cool. An essay war is NOT what i want! lol

As for your question, who knows. Given the greater feats of said items/power sources it would be logical that he would, but we just dont know.

Unlike some i debate with, you at least have the maturity to admit that my argument is understandable, even though you don't agree with it. smile Cool beans. smile

Galan007
sly

Although I think it's actually done by smashing crystals that have the universe in them or something. There might be nothing to redirect srug Recreating those crystals wouldn't be beyond the IG's power-set. stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos

I was thinking in terms of sheer power and scale.

The IG is probably the most dangerous weapon in the MU due to it's precision and scope of effects.

GalacticStorm
Yes I did

Those was my words

:for that is all we do gauge one being power vs another and then speculate what would happen:

you use hypothesize I use speculate care to define the difference for me?

And you cannot deny the fact that you are using the handbooks constantly when you are to downgrade a on panel evidence that points to the contrary of you thoughts on the character.

I use handbooks in conjunction with on panel accounts, so your statement is incorrect. A handbook statement on its own, or a handbook statement when contradicted by an on panel account isnt credible.

What you need to learn is that many on panel scenes we debate about are open to interpretation. I.e there are statements or artistic depictions that can be used to support both our arguments. So no matter how strongly you might believe your way of seeing things is right, unless its stated crystal clear, with no ambiguity alongside a clear artistic depiction then you must accept that you are not necessarily right and the other sides interpretation MIGHT be correct.

However when you disagree over interpretations only for a handbook entry to support the other sides interpretation, then you must acceot that they are right. erm

GalacticStorm
I was thinking in terms of sheer power and scale.

The IG is probably the most dangerous weapon in the MU due to it's precision and scope of effects.

While there are artifacts that undoubtably contain more raw power, (Celestial Nullifier, M'kraan Crystal, Ultimate Nullifier) theres no doubting that weapon wise the IG is top dog.

Utrigita
I use handbooks in conjunction with on panel accounts, so your statement is incorrect. A handbook statement on its own, or a handbook statement when contradicted by an on panel account isnt credible.

What you need to learn is that many on panel scenes we debate about are open to interpretation. I.e there are statements or artistic depictions that can be used to support both our arguments. So no matter how strongly you might believe your way of seeing things is right, unless its stated crystal clear, with no ambiguity alongside a clear artistic depiction then you must accept that you are not necessarily right and the other sides interpretation MIGHT be correct.

However when you disagree over interpretations only for a handbook entry to support the other sides interpretation, then you must acceot that they are right. erm

Okay cool, will save this statement.

Of cause every way to read a comic is different and you interperet it different then I am you are analysing the same words I am reading from a different angle.

Thats good to hear, just like you did in the Fury unspace incident.

nvrbeenwthagirl
While there are artifacts that undoubtably contain more raw power, (Celestial Nullifier, M'kraan Crystal, Ultimate Nullifier) theres no doubting that weapon wise the IG is top dog.

In prescision only. And there are other IG's. So how can it be top tog? And is it top dog in weapons or in power? Can it defeat the MultiEternity or the True Beyonders.

Galan007
And there are other IG's. So how can it be top tog? The alternate IG's were much weaker then the "Prime" IG, .

nvrbeenwthagirl
The alternate IG's were much weaker then the "Prime" IG, .

They weren't fleshed out. They had the same origins as the Original. SO how they can be "weaker" is beyond me. The one that the IMP had wasn't weaker. He was an idiot who didnt' know how to use the power. eternity wanted the ig all the same in that arc becuz of it's power. I dont' remember the surfer story all that well.

Galan007
They weren't fleshed out. They had the same origins as the Original. SO how they can be "weaker" is beyond me. The one that the IMP had wasn't weaker. He was an idiot who didnt' know how to use the power. eternity wanted the ig all the same in that arc becuz of it's power. I dont' remember the surfer story all that well. Did you miss the part in my post that said, the other IG's were weaker feat wise? confused

Whether you think they had the same potential is irrevelent.

The most an alternate IG did was kill Mephisto, and re-create a Universal aspect of Death, .

So again...

According to on panel feats,

The "Prime" IG >>> any alternate IG

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>