To become comic!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
What non comic fictional characters would you love to see in a serious ongoing comic book series?
Is there any special universe you'd want them in? Who would you want them to regularly or even just rarely encounter?

Please if you would try and provide a link and a description of why you'd want to see them as a regular comic character in the same styles of normal Marvel, DC, Image and Darkhorse regulars.

Myself personally I'd love to see:

Hannibal Lecter - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal_Lecter
This guy was just awesome and interesting as hell to I think anyone thats paid him any attention and given him a chance. One of the most fasinating fictional characters I've ever seen. What I love about him is his perticular shade of grey so to speak. He's definitely not a good guy but he is anything but a usual villain and I'm still not completely convinced he is really as evil as many of the people I speak with about him suggest.

Riddick - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riddick
This is the badass of badasses. This is the guy I think would make Wolverine's franchise start to hurt if he was ever made into a comic. I'm not a Wolverine fanboy but I do love the character and Riddick is IMO everything Logan is and then some.

Peter Petrelli - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Petrelli
I just love the show Heroes and by far Peter is my favorite since the very beginning before I even know what his powers were. This is the guy I would become if I were on the path to be a hero and somehow gained superpowers. There is just nothing about Peter I don't like he is pretty damn perfect when it comes to my preference in comic characters. He reminds me of Spiderman when he first gained his abilities and before he really learned what a burden they would come to be.

River Tam - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Tam
Just a character I always thought deserved more. More than a short lived TV series of a pretty decent movie could give her. Just would like to see how well she could progress in a ongoing comic.

Jarod (The Pretender) and his brother Kyle - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pretender_%28TV_series%29
This guy was everything I loved about Quantum Leap and MacGyver rolled into one constantly evolving show. Something I love watching happen in comic. Its never been the immediate thread that draw me in normally but the back story you have to watch slowly develop over time. As for Kyle, he was just the semi sociopath version of Jarod and that added a whole level of interest all its own.

Except of Hannibal I'd love to see them all throughtout the Marvel 616 universe. As for Hannibal, well I'd love to see him in the DC world just to see how much he could screw with peoples heads and compare to the Joker and such.

Sorry for the title but I really couldn't thing of a better on off the top of my head.

Symmetric Chaos
I'm pretty sure Riddick and Heroes both have comics.

DigiMark007
This'll be hard because literally everyone with any modicum of popularity has a comic or two to their name. It's why we had to make such strict rules for who we allow in the vs. forum....because loopholes are everywhere otherwise.

Personally though. Hmm. ED, the now-defunct TV show about the bowling alley lawyer. I'd poo myself if they made comics of him.

Entity
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I'm pretty sure Riddick and Heroes both have comics. I know Heroes has that online thing but its not the same to me. As for Riddick, really? eek! I'd been supecting someone would do it but have never seen it anywhere!

willRules
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Personally though. Hmm. ED, the now-defunct TV show about the bowling alley lawyer. I'd poo myself if they made comics of him.

Ed would make a great comic eek!

as would James Bond yes

grey fox
God Of War - The comics would be bitching , extreme violence, great one liners, interesting story and a greek story which DOESN'T revolve around Hercules or Diana....

lordboo
Originally posted by grey fox
God Of War - The comics would be bitching , extreme violence, great one liners, interesting story and a greek story which DOESN'T revolve around Hercules or Diana....
thumb up thumb up kratos rules

Badabing
Dirty Harry Callahan. He would put Punisher to shame. Feelin' lucky punk?

Symmetric Chaos
BurtGummer

Awsome potential in a crossover with Punisher.

shksprtx
Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

TricksterPriest

Co-sign on Kratos. thumb up

Super Mario. big grin and the ZOE series. I know Mario has probably gotten one, but he's so cool that I'd love to see someone do a modern version.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by shksprtx
Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Horrible-est book series ever.

no expression

Redatom65

no expression Give Comi-Book Guy a solo comicbook series without the Simpsons and show the difficulty of running a comicbook shop!

rolling on floor laughing

grey fox
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Co-sign on Kratos. thumb up

Super Mario. big grin and the ZOE series. I know Mario has probably gotten one, but he's so cool that I'd love to see someone do a modern version.

Did somebody say MODERN MARIO !!!

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs11/f/2006/165/3/a/scrap.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
That looks very VGCats . . .

lordboo
silent hill comic or resident evil

Scoobless
Shane Schofield (AKA Scarecrow) from the Matthew Reilly books "Ice Station", "Area 7" and "Scarecrow".

Anyone else read those?

shksprtx

no expression

No, that honor goes to "The Wheel of Time." Honorable Mention to Hubbard's "Mission Earth."

And anything by Weiss and Hickman (the masters of writing the same book over and over again)

I'm absolutely sick and tired of Jordan writing about 1000 pages of nothing happening, but I've made it my life's mission to finish that series out and I just hope Jordan stays alive long enough to finish it.

Blair Wind
Samus

I've always been interested in mythology, so anything with the Greek/Roman/ect. gods would be nice (we have a few, but one comic dedicated to the whole pantheon instead of just one of the "gods" would be nice) *if anyone has ever read EverWorld something akin to that just in comic form....* One of the reasons I like the Trials of Shazam, but I want more godly interactions/storylines dammit.

Luigi/Mario

Dark Angel (jessica alba's first Tv series)

Odysseus and his story

Does Robin Hood have a comic??

And James Bond...

*yes I am just pulling names out of thin air, but I was freaking bored*.

Symmetric Chaos
Ilium and Olympus would probably make for an awsome comic.

shksprtx
The Unit
House, MD
The Sopranos (with the comic book being set before episode 1, like what they're doing with the Dark Tower comics)

Scoobless
Originally posted by Blair Wind

Not sure ... but in Marvel Robin Hood was actually Fandral .... probably.

willRules
Odysseus and his story

That would make a sweet mini series droolio

Entity
I love House but I really can't see it making for a good comic book series.

Dark Angel (jessica alba's first Tv series) Actually thats another one I've considered several times just didn't think of it when I opened this.
The first season was awesome. After that everything went to crap! sad

Scoobless
They should make a comic out of that guy from those "Spider-Man" films.

smile

Entity
Originally posted by Scoobless
They should make a comic out of that guy from those "Spider-Man" films.

smile Doesn't Bruce Campbell have those Evil Dead comics? cool

shksprtx
Originally posted by Entity
I love House but I really can't see it making for a good comic book series.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of graphic novel(s) for House, like what they did with CSI...

srankmissingnin
Pretty much any book written by David Gemmell would make an amazing comic. I'd love to see comics based on the movie Dark City and the book The Lies of Locke Lamora also.

Soljer
Equilibrium Grammaton Clerics.

Old Boy comics would be awesome.

The Fifth Element comics.

Indiana Jones would be GREAT, but it's my guess they already exist.

The Boondock Saints.

Serenity (Someone already suggested River Tam).

Battle Royale.

Underworld.

Saw.

Maybe Unbreakable.

Half Life.

Starcraft.

Bulletproof Monk.

Oni.

The Mummy.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Soljer
Serenity (Someone already suggested River Tam).

Battle Royale.
Both been done already.

capt it up
wolverine would eat raddick or what ever he called........and I mean eat him just like sabertooth did to........Im not telling .

SpunkySmurph
Rincewind!!!!!!

Jebus reborn
Dragon Ball Z.

grey fox

Saw. Has one

Bulletproof Monk. - Has one

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Rincewind!!!!!!

Pratchett already has a few Graphic Novels.

Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Dragon Ball Z.

Manga

Kazenji
Originally posted by willRules

as would James Bond yes

They've done comics

http://www.darkhorse.com/search/search.php?frompage=userinput&sstring=James+Bond

Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Dragon Ball Z.

There's allready are some, Its called Dragonball Manga which i'm pretty sure also covers some of the stuff that happens in DBZ

The transporter would make a good series

Endless Mike
Doctor Who

Kazenji
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Doctor Who

Ahem, i bet you did'nt know that marvel did a doctor who series stick out tongue

shksprtx
Originally posted by Kazenji
The transporter would make a good series

Abso-freakin-lutely... Happy Dance

Galan007
The guy from "Equilibrium" would be awesome to see in a comic imo.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Galan007
The guy from "Equilibrium" would be awesome to see in a comic imo.

eek!

Newjak
The guy from "Equilibrium" would be awesome to see in a comic imo. Awesome Idea eek!

Let's see another one I would like to see would be one based on the Morrowind and Oblivion games

Galan007
eek! You don't think so?

Symmetric Chaos
You don't think so?

I do. Hence the eek! face.

Newjak
How about one based on KMC that would be funny stick out tongue

Ok seriously I would like to see one made on Starship Troopers.

I don't know if they made one for them or not I know they had the movie and books though.

Galan007
I do. Hence the eek! face. laughing out loud

The eek smilie does speak volumes.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Rincewind!!!!!! Really, Discworld as a whole should (if they don't already...?), but Rincewind and the Luggage especially.

kenobi
Paul Atreides from the movie Dune.
Alex Gardner, the psychic from the movie Dreamscape.

Kazenji
I was going to say the predator but they've allready been there and done that would'nt mind another one.

Entity
A main thing I wanted to know in this thread was would you like to see them in with main stream comic verses?
And if so which one and who would you like them to interact with?

Symmetric Chaos
A main thing I wanted to know in this thread was would you like to see them in with main stream comic verses?
And if so which one and who would you like them to interact with?

I like to see the Shrike land on DC or Marvel Earth and just kill everybody.

Entity
I like to see the Shrike land on DC or Marvel Earth and just kill everybody. I would like to see Dr. Lecter become Clark's therapist and learn everything about him just to see how he'd mess with Clark's head. Him taking on Joker would be awesome too.

Riddick vs Wolverine would be kickass. I mean obviously Logan would have the power advantage but that be all the more reason to enjoy watching Riddick do what he does best, overcome through sheer will. Can't think of a more incredible badass. Just imagine what he'd be capable of with Logan's abilities or as Spawn. eek!

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by Newjak
How about one based on KMC that would be funny stick out tongue

I don't know if they made one for them or not I know they had the movie and books though. What's funny is I've been racing in my mind an idea for a KMC Weekly Comic series to put in here but I haven't quite thought up more than just one issue... plus no artist.

SnakeEyes

Stole my answer!

Kazenji
Originally posted by Newjak

I don't know if they made one for them or not I know they had the movie and books though.

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=47-399

willRules
They've done comics

http://www.darkhorse.com/search/search.php?frompage=userinput&sstring=James+Bond

wow cool, do you know if they were any good?

Kazenji
Don't know have'nt really picked one up.

Newjak
http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=47-399 Cool

Darth Martin
James Bond

Doctor-Alvis
I choose Jareth from Labyrinth and the guys from Tron in a couple of those vector graphic ships, the ones with the giant feet. They'd blend in anywhere for the most part.

Akuki
Originally posted by shksprtx
No, that honor goes to "The Wheel of Time." Honorable Mention to Hubbard's "Mission Earth."

And anything by Weiss and Hickman (the masters of writing the same book over and over again)

I'm absolutely sick and tired of Jordan writing about 1000 pages of nothing happening, but I've made it my life's mission to finish that series out and I just hope Jordan stays alive long enough to finish it.
Jordan's dead already, they're going to have some other author finish the last book from his notes.

grey fox
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I choose Jareth from Labyrinth and the guys from Tron in a couple of those vector graphic ships, the ones with the giant feet. They'd blend in anywhere for the most part.

Having Tron would be sweet.

He'd be on the Watchtower in their computers.

Inhuman
MacGyver

Entity
Its ironic yall posted in this last night I was actually thinking of renewing it or creating one about forming a new comic team with members form other forms of fiction.

I was thinking,

Jared from the pretender.
John Crichton from Farscape
Daniel Jackson of stargate SG1
Peter Petrelli, Heroes!
Harry Dresden, The Dresden Files
John Conner, Terminator movies.
Sam Becket of Quantum Leap.
Riddick, Pitch Black & Chronicles Of Riddick.
Max Guevara aka Dark Angel
Angel and his son Connor, from Buffy and his spin off Angel which was IMO 10 times better. big grin
Rambo, First Blood Rambo you know the really awesome one! I just hope the new one is half as good.
Porter, Payback with Mel Gibson was a total badass.
Micheal the Lycan-Vampire hybrid in Underworld.
George Malley from Phenomenon, if somehow the cancer wasn't killing him or at least just very slowly.
River Tam, Firefly, Serenity

I know I've said most of them before but thats because they're so damn awesome. Imagine if they were pulled from their space time into a comic universe and made to try and form a team.

Who would you want on yours and where would you put them?

grey fox

Who would you want on yours and where would you put them?

My team ?

Well I've written about fictional crossover teams before, but non-comic/manga stuff ? Hmmm....

Leon - Protagonist of 'The Professional'
Mathilda - Leons Protege and Daughter/Lover (Depends on context)
John MCclane - Hero of 4 terrorist attacks, survives due to pluck, determination and a rare medical condition.
Bill - Former head of the 'Deadly Viper Assassination Squad'
Kitt - Sentient Car
Charlie Brown - Now a neurotic man in his late 20s. The teams Banker and financial assistant
Alex Delarge - Deranged Sociopath and all around bad guy, forced onto the team as part of his parole.

And if these guys are a little too street level they can call in the big guns when the going gets tough. Namely....

Bonecrusher - Decepticon. Transformer. One of the only salvageable Transformers, repaired and with a little 'intrest', namely a miniature Nuclear weapon lodged in his chest. He's their wrecking ball and knows it.

Martian_mind
Angel and Connor already have a comic...

MightyEInherjar
Samus

I've always been interested in mythology, so anything with the Greek/Roman/ect. gods would be nice (we have a few, but one comic dedicated to the whole pantheon instead of just one of the "gods" would be nice) *if anyone has ever read EverWorld something akin to that just in comic form....* One of the reasons I like the Trials of Shazam, but I want more godly interactions/storylines dammit.

Luigi/Mario

Dark Angel (jessica alba's first Tv series)

Odysseus and his story

And James Bond...

*yes I am just pulling names out of thin air, but I was freaking bored*.

Odysseus, Hercules, Beowulf, and a few other heroes all had some one-shot comics.

I'd presonally love somce comics based off of Robert Cornwell's Last Kingdom.

Scoobless
The Lolcats should get an ongoing title.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.