Your 1408 review

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
I just returned not to long ago from viewing 1408. Being a Stephen King movie i was a bit leary on what the outcome would be. I find his movies to be usually hit or miss. Although the subject content of his stories are brilliant, the translation to film rarely works.
I was expecting nothing but a bunch of cheap scares, and even though there were a few of those, the filmakers, i felt achieved some genuinley creepy moments. some of these scenes were ruined by the trailers, but still offered some shock even though you knew what was coming.
The crown jewel of the movie has to be John Cusacks performance though. A Skeptical paranormal investigator of sorts, he finds his way into an evil room where very bad things tend to happen. Thats it, that is the entire plot and it worked very well for a fun little horror movie.
going into the movie i had high hopes with my reservations. Leaving the movie, i was fulfilled and a tiny bit creeped by the ending. I would highly recommend this movie for anyone who likes scary movies. Redundancy is little, acting is great and the scares are almost memorable....7.5/10

so how about everyone else, what are your thoughts?

Captain REX
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie! It could be because I don't watch my horror films, but I enjoyed the fact that it was making me jump without having endless droves of violence. It's all psychological thrills.

My reaction to ingenious scares is laughter, actually...

It's one "Oh, you're shitting me..." after the other, very impressively done.

I give it 9 skulls. stick out tongue

Pandemoniac
I've read the story, which was rather good, and by what I've heard so far the movie adds a lot more goodies to the original concept. I'll be seeing it soon and will drop my thoughts here asap.

Zilverz
I watched it this weekend.. I thought there were a lot of tense moments that I was having to brace myself for. If you enjoy supernatural horror/thrillers then I think you will enjoy this. Cusack was awesome!

For those that watched the movie, I have one question.
So who wrote the postcard?

BlaxicanHydra
How was SLJ?

Supreme being
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
How was SLJ?

I haven't seen the film yet but i know he would be awesome in this, The only performance of his i didn't like was in the star wars prequels *Shudders*, horrible performance but i think it was more to do with GL.

Zilverz
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
How was SLJ?

SLJ only has a minor role ... but nails it

Supreme being
Just of to go and see this film now i will be back with my opinions of it soon.

manorastroman
it's half of a movie that's twice too long already.

booooooh.

Supreme being
The film was Ok it wasnt the scariest film but it knew how to play with your mind. From someone whose never read the book i was intrigued from start to finish, i think you could waste your money on a whole lot worse.

8/10

PONG_MASTER
I saw this last night with kind of low expectations of it being good or anything unique. I never intended on going to see it, but my friend dragged me along. I guess it was okay. I was honestly a bit bored in more than a few parts because it was the same thing over and over to me (his mind/the room playing tricks on him). I felt like a lot of things were vaguely mentioned for no reason, but maybe that was just the point to show how guilty and sh*tty he felt inside about a lot of things in his life. My friend seemed to get it cos she kept trying to explain to me as we were walking out, and she said that he went through the nine levels of Hell while in the room, but I don't know if I agree with that. Certain things seemed too layed out on the table and then other parts (his struggle with God, the first book he wrote, his seemingly guilty conscience about his dad) seemed to only have simple glimpses at in order to explain his character a little bit more... but I really wanted to see those things elaborated on.

Yeah.

FistOfThe North
1408 was garbage. A nice ending i thought about for it was him somehow ending up back in the room because the only way to escape it is if you killed yourself. The movie had some cool effects though.

Grade: D

SnakeEyes
I've heard very bad things about this film.

InnerRise
I've heard very good things about this film.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

=Tired Hiker=
I've heard very good and bad things about this film.

Cowboyography
Ok here is something very interesting I just found out, the bottle of booze that is the emphasis of so much of the movie (This is real) is called Les Cinquante Sept Deces translation in english= the 57 deaths!! WOW I loved this movie and little details like this give me goosebumps!!

Rogue Jedi
I saw this finally last night. not bad, decent acting and a solid storyline.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.