Official Transformers G1 Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
The series that started it all, started in 1984-87 gave way to the robots in disguise. Discuss all that is early generation Transformers here. Reminisce and share your input.

grey fox
Can anyone remember all the things used to make energon ?

I remember diamonds and oil, there must of been more !

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by grey fox
Can anyone remember all the things used to make energon ?

I remember diamonds and oil, there must of been more !

it was any energy source they could their hands on and convert it into energon cubes

grey fox
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
it was any energy source they could their hands on and convert it into energon cubes

How do rubies/diamonds count as an energy source ?

Impediment

They used the potential energy and converted it into kinetic energy. Much like Gambit, from the X-Men.

Essentially speaking, all matter is energy.

grey fox
Originally posted by Impediment
They used the potential energy and converted it into kinetic energy. Much like Gambit, from the X-Men.

Essentially speaking, all matter is energy.

Ahhhhh

Still doesn't explain the colours stick out tongue

Impediment
Ahhhhh

Still doesn't explain the colours stick out tongue

Of the Energon Cubes? I guess neon pink is a pretty color to them. ermmsrug

grey fox
Originally posted by Impediment
Of the Energon Cubes? I guess neon pink is a pretty color to them. ermmsrug

laughing

Kazenji
I've recently started watching this series again, going through season 1 at the moment.

Newjak
Used to love this series as a kid and still do. One of if not my favorite animated show of all time

grey fox
Originally posted by Newjak
Used to love this series as a kid and still do. One of if not my favorite animated show of all time

Plus what other show does crossovers ?

Newjak
Plus what other show does crossovers ? Not sure but not many.

I also think that out of all the Transformer shows that came afterwards this one still did it the best.

I think only Beast wars came close.

grey fox
Not sure but not many.

I also think that out of all the Transformer shows that came afterwards this one still did it the best.

I think only Beast wars came close.

Some of the Japanese ones are.....'inventive'.

Newjak
Some of the Japanese ones are.....'inventive'. Never seen the Japanese ones.

Unless you mean like Aramda, energon, or RiD because those sucked to.

grey fox
Never seen the Japanese ones.

Unless you mean like Aramda, energon, or RiD because those sucked to.

Armada had a bitchin' theme though.

Newjak
Armada had a bitchin' theme though. I can't remember it?

I just didn't like the whole Cell-Shaded look and I never have.

grey fox
I can't remember it?

I just didn't like the whole Cell-Shaded look and I never have.

Turn your volume up , this guy didn't.

IMU4pW8YtMk

King Kandy
Masterforce was pretty kickass.

Impediment
I agree.

Newjak
Turn your volume up , this guy didn't.

IMU4pW8YtMk Yeah that is really low sounding not bad though

Scythe
Armada did good on keeping the old-school roots alive, however G1 has always proved to be a much better series then anything that has come out thus far. Not just because it was the original series, but it was beyond inventive and followed a simple plot that was easy to follow yet kept one's interest.

Kazenji
Got season 2.1 of G1 during the week

Scythe
I don't remember how the series ended, does anyone?

Originally posted by Kazenji
Got season 2.1 of G1 during the week

How is it?

OB1-adobe

dude it was a kids cartoon okay, rationality goes out the window as soon as the theme song starts

Schecter
Originally posted by Scythe
I don't remember how the series ended, does anyone?

the final part of the series involved a virus which infected robots and humans alike, turning them crazy and violent. prime uses the matrix to save the day and it ends with him and galvatron shaking hands and seemingly ending their feud. in japan however the series continued for a bit after that.

Schecter
gotta correct myself, the last episodes were actually the 'rebirth' miniseries

OB1-adobe
Really cool and funny review of the 1986 movie..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k8Ss4voCwzI

Scythe
Originally posted by Schecter
the final part of the series involved a virus which infected robots and humans alike, turning them crazy and violent. prime uses the matrix to save the day and it ends with him and galvatron shaking hands and seemingly ending their feud. in japan however the series continued for a bit after that.

I don't remember that. Sounds cool though.

Kazenji
Has anyone notice with prime in G1 when he transforms into his truck form his trailer just appears out of no where and then when he goes back to robot form just magically disappears

Alpha Centauri
The series ended in Takara with Rodimus Prime going off to find another planet to populate with, I think, Springer (Read into that how you will.), leaving Fortress Maximus as the leader.

In the US series it ended with The Rebirth three parter, but the Japanese Takara series discounts that, and certain things regarding the head/targetmasters also.

And to Kazenji; yes, but if you want to sit there and pick at continuity errors and problems in physics, you'll be here forever. How can Astrotrain hold Devestator if he's a regular sized Decepticon? He just can, they just can. It's Transformers, it's not meant to be analysed to death, just enjoyed as it is.

-AC

Scythe
How cool was Scourge during his "Black Convoy" days? That was just great.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
How can Astrotrain hold Devestator if he's a regular sized Decepticon? He just can, they just can. It's Transformers, it's not meant to be analysed to death, just enjoyed as it is.

Huh ?!? blink

Sorry i have'nt gotten up to that far with G1

Alpha Centauri
Huh ?!? blink

Sorry i have'nt gotten up to that far with G1

You've never seen Transformers: The Movie?

I think this forum is full of people who claim to like Transformers cos the movie is out...

-AC

Scythe

That film had such a great plot twist with the death of Optimus and Starscream. Not to mention the great score that accompanied the tragic loss of the Autobot leader Optimus. I still listen to his sad song on my iPod.

Kazenji

I think this forum is full of people who claim to like Transformers cos the movie is out...

No, i have'nt seen the old 1986 movie would'nt mind seeing it tho but i have been watching the old G1 series lately wink

FistOfThe North
Really cool and funny review of the 1986 movie..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k8Ss4voCwzI

That was an excellent review.

roughrider
When would people say Generation 2 started?

I've always thought there was a break in the third year - 1986 - when they did the movie, set 20 years in the future, and all the new characters that came after that (Rodimus, Galvatron, Ultra Magnus, Cyclonus etc.) That always seemed like a generation change to me.

Scythe
No, i have'nt seen the old 1986 movie would'nt mind seeing it tho but i have been watching the old G1 series lately wink

That's good.

OB1-adobe
My biggest beef with the show (besides the bad scripts and shoddy animation), is that in season 2, a bizillion characters show up with no explanation. Except for the Aerialbots, combaticons, and vehicons of course.

Season 1 we got:

Autobots: Optimus prime, wheel jack, Trail breaker, cliff jumper, prowl, blue streak, brawn, bumble bee, Jet fire, snarl, grimlock, slag, sludge, swoop, Iron hide, ratchet, Jazz, hound, huffer, gears, mirage, sunstreaker, and sideswipe

Decepticons: Megatron, Starcream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Lazerbeak, Soundwave, Shockwave, Reflector 1, reflector 2, reflector 3, Bombshell, Kickback, shrapnel, Longhaul, Mixmaster, scavenger, bonecrusher, hook, scrapper, and Devastator if you want to count that.

Lets see in season 2 all of sudden these characters come along. Some introduced but mostly out of the void:

Autobots: Omega supreme, Perceptor, Tracks, Silverbolt, air raid, slingshot, skydive, fireflight, Smokecreen, blaster, red alert, inferno, grapple, hoist, beach comber, powerglide, cosmos, warpath, seaspray, steeljaw, ramhorn, eject, rewind, and maybe the protectobots

Decepticons: Astrotrain, blitzwing, Ramjet, Dirge, thrust, brawl, blastoff, swindle, vortex, onslaught, dead end, breakdown, motor master, wild rider, dragstrip

In anycase they could have had these charcters, the autobots anyway, appear via transport through omega supreme. Imean they just show up out of now where, What where they hangen out in the breakroom the whole time.

I realize its 30 minute toy commercial, and my comments also display how it was, but come on, that could have made a good story.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by roughrider
When would people say Generation 2 started?

I've always thought there was a break in the third year - 1986 - when they did the movie, set 20 years in the future, and all the new characters that came after that (Rodimus, Galvatron, Ultra Magnus, Cyclonus etc.) That always seemed like a generation change to me.

Everything up to, and including, Takara: Headmasters was considered Generation 1.

You're simply referring to different series', in which case, series 3 began after the movie.

-AC

Scythe
My biggest beef with the show (besides the bad scripts and shoddy animation), is that in season 2, a bizillion characters show up with no explanation. Except for the Aerialbots, combaticons, and vehicons of course.

Season 1 we got:

Autobots: Optimus prime, wheel jack, Trail breaker, cliff jumper, prowl, blue streak, brawn, bumble bee, Jet fire, snarl, grimlock, slag, sludge, swoop, Iron hide, ratchet, Jazz, hound, huffer, gears, mirage, sunstreaker, and sideswipe

Decepticons: Megatron, Starcream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Lazerbeak, Soundwave, Shockwave, Reflector 1, reflector 2, reflector 3, Bombshell, Kickback, shrapnel, Longhaul, Mixmaster, scavenger, bonecrusher, hook, scrapper, and Devastator if you want to count that.

Lets see in season 2 all of sudden these characters come along. Some introduced but mostly out of the void:

Autobots: Omega supreme, Perceptor, Tracks, Silverbolt, air raid, slingshot, skydive, fireflight, Smokecreen, blaster, red alert, inferno, grapple, hoist, beach comber, powerglide, cosmos, warpath, seaspray, steeljaw, ramhorn, eject, rewind, and maybe the protectobots

Decepticons: Astrotrain, blitzwing, Ramjet, Dirge, thrust, brawl, blastoff, swindle, vortex, onslaught, dead end, breakdown, motor master, wild rider, dragstrip

In anycase they could have had these charcters, the autobots anyway, appear via transport through omega supreme. Imean they just show up out of now where, What where they hangen out in the breakroom the whole time.

I realize its 30 minute toy commercial, and my comments also display how it was, but come on, that could have made a good story.

Yeah I had beef with that too, but hey, it worked without a charm. Kids don't care about backstories, they wanna see their toy onscreen.

Alpha Centauri
If you're gonna pick fault in one thing contained in the TF universe, you might as well pick out how many animation, physics, dubbing, colouring and continuity errors there were.

It's a show, intended as a 30 min commercial, that just happened to be very entertaining now and then, to many folks. Why does any of that matter?

-AC

OB1-adobe
Did anybody read the comic book?

U.S or U.K?

Scythe

U.S or U.K?

I missed alot of the comics because I would always spend my money on Spider-Man comics, but from what I read they were really good. The artwork on the each and every bot was detailed and amazing. I highly appreciated those days when computers played a minor role in coloring and whatnot, back when they used hand drawings. They looked so great.

If you're gonna pick fault in one thing contained in the TF universe, you might as well pick out how many animation, physics, dubbing, colouring and continuity errors there were.

It's a show, intended as a 30 min commercial, that just happened to be very entertaining now and then, to many folks. Why does any of that matter?

-AC

Nah, I saw no faults in it. Having characters without fleshed out backstories was a godsend to me. It meant less time to bullcrap around and more time for them to transform and fight. Althought it slightly bugged me to not know their origins, it was cool with me. The physics were quite humorous as well as the dubbing. I've seen Naruto episodes with worse dubbing. The coloring errors are also not a problem. mid-season episodes of The Simpsons had coloring errors as well as a few Family Guy episodes.

But it's those, how do I call them...? "unpleasant Die-Hard" TF fans? Yeah, let's go with that. It's these people who give loyal fans such as you and I a bad name AC.

Alpha Centauri
In a weird twist of maturity, I'm sensible enough to admit I enjoy watching the cartoon, I've already lept the chasm by saying I enjoy spending time on Transformers, whatever format or platform it may be. It's just a passtime I enjoy.

It's these people who sit there watching it, still, and pull out errors with such a high and mighty aura about them. "Pfft! How does Astrotrain carry them all? Bit silly, isn't it? *Continues watching.*". Just don't watch, save us all a reputation.

-AC

Kazenji

U.S or U.K?

I've got a couple which marvel did.

Scythe
In a weird twist of maturity, I'm sensible enough to admit I enjoy watching the cartoon, I've already lept the chasm by saying I enjoy spending time on Transformers, whatever format or platform it may be. It's just a passtime I enjoy.

It's these people who sit there watching it, still, and pull out errors with such a high and mighty aura about them. "Pfft! How does Astrotrain carry them all? Bit silly, isn't it? *Continues watching.*". Just don't watch, save us all a reputation.

-AC

Yeah I know. And don't get me started on the toys! I loved TF figures, growing up I always saw them as such an industry changing product. I mean seriously, they packed in two toys at once. Never could really afford a toy truck and a toy robot growing up, so my folks bought me an Optimus Prime for my birthday once. Killed two birds with one stone seeing how I wanted a big robot and a truck for my birthday.

OB1-adobe
I've got a couple which marvel did.

I have the first 3 issues.

Does anyone know if the U.s #1-80 run is available on TPB?

OB1-adobe
I found these on Youtube, Japan continued the series after U.S aired 'rebirth' with a new one called transformers Head masters

Checki it out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YzoHoHWxZL4&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sv5AxlqMXvk&mode=related&search=

What I thought was cool was seeing Jazz, Hound, and sideswipe again next to the 86-87 era charcters. Sinice here in the U.S, a six changing decepticon transformer named Sixshot took precious animation precedence over pre-established characters that was'nt selling anymore.

However, I can't watch this for a few reasons.

#1 quality on youtube sucks
#2 Its in Japanese wich is annoying
#3 I hate Japanese cartoons anyway (everything is so stock)

Sadako of Girth
I was hardcore in the eighties and have been revisting it for the last few years.

I had most of the 80s marvel g1 run. (English and American)
(I stopped buying when it went all black and white and stuff like 30 or so issues(?) after the Underbase saga. I never bothered with G2 as I had some living/getting out of the house to do back then. :P

Scans are widely available nowadays.

I felt that the cartoon introduction of the Aerialbots was adequate...
The Stunticons and Combaticons too.
But I hear you about the Protectobots. It was like WTF...?
Back in the day we considered the advent of the afformentioned "special teams" or 'post-devastator-gestalts' to be the beginning of the 'second wave'(which is important not to get confused with the official 'G2'.)
Tracks, Hoist, Smokescreen, Skids, Ramjet, Thrust and Dirge etc too....
Those guys seem to come from nowhere.

By far the most "where the feck did THEY come from?" episode for me was the whole "The rebirth" thing. Dave Wise- who wrote it -also feels that way about it. It apparently was meant to be a 5-parter, then the TV peeps wanted to make it a 3 parter, leading to the intros and character time being compromised a little.

I still have some of my 80s stuff, most of which got given away by my Mum and Dad when I moved out....

Superion, Menasor, Bruticus, Ultra Magnus, Ramjet, Dirge and Thrust, Outback, Beachcomber and clone Shockwave and a few others.
Bought re-issue Tracks and Red-Alert was bought Skywarp recently. smile

I also got in alternators Silverstreak (Bluestreak) Swindle and MP-01 Masterpiece Optimus Prime. Thy're the nuts and Bay should've taken note when conceptualising the updated designs for the recent movie, imho :P (I like the bumblebee design in that, though.)

Alpha Centauri
Alternators Bluestreak and Smokescreen are amazing, Alternators Prowl should have been the same model.

-AC

Scythe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
MP-01 Masterpiece Optimus Prime.

Wow, how much did that one set you back?

Alpha Centauri

Sadako of Girth
It cost me just under 80 quid after I was done importing etc..... I bought it in 2005.... (The black gun version)If you buy the new ones, be careful, the plastic red parts dont match up so well with the painted die-cast parts. Especially the one with the trailer.

Oh I hear you about the alternators Prowl mould.

What were they thinking....?
Fans have since kitted their own BS/SS mods and done a convincing Prowl or two. Shame to have to though....

Sadako of Girth
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb110/Sadako_of_girth/IMG_0231.jpg
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings... AND that Bay guy too. stick out tongue "

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb110/Sadako_of_girth/VariousPiccys020.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb110/Sadako_of_girth/VariousPiccys021.jpg
Mwahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhh...
(Note the classics Jetfire and Bumblebee lurking in the background.
I forgot to mention those.... I bought the Starscream too. It Rocks.)

Alpha Centauri
Nice, is that the Takara version? It doesn't have the battle damage on it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1_6D9QS9Y

Awesome, by the way.

-AC

Sadako of Girth
Thanks mate. Nahhhhh I just used some window cleaner to remove some of it.

IE: Round the forearms and a bit on the chest, which as its not there in robot mode, didn't make sense to me.
(The chest grille isnt the same as the truck mode's one. They different pieces on this.) I left it round the knee joints though as it looked logical and cool.

*BTW if any of you want to do the same with yours, be VERY careful not to get any of the window cleaner on the upper arms.
The paint on the Autobot insignia and the silver below just above the elbow joint are made from the same paint as the smoke damage effect and will come off just as easily...!*

Still gonna get the long stacks though (as featured on the Takara version), as this health-and-safety short stacks lark is for numpties... stick out tongue

Have always loved that vid. "Then thats what you'll be known as.... Shitpiece." Pure class.

Alpha Centauri
Did you ever pick up Masterpiece Megatron? Don't, if you haven't.

Also, Masterpiece Starscream was reissued with his G1 colours if I remember, I'm on the hunt for that, as the other one looked NICE despite wrong colour scheme.

If you have any G1s you wanna get off your hands, Sadako, give me a shout.

-AC

Sadako of Girth
Nahhh no Megs as yet.

Yeah that looked pretty good, that G1 repaint.
Cant wait 'til Skywarp (pics are around of that) is offically released (and when they get round to Thundercracker too, that set'll be a must. smile )

Okey doke. smile

Scythe
I'm lookin' forward to Thundercracker too.

Kazenji
Were getting the Transformers: headmaster, masterforce and victory the japanese series released later on this year out here in OZ.

Scythe
Any idea of a U.S. release date or news?

Kazenji
Sorry, Unfortunly no.

Scythe
Goddamn it.

Kazenji
Found out they made one more of them japanese series called Zone but it only lasted one episode and with the Victory Set that one episode comes with it on the extra's

Anywho i got all of G1 now.

freek
well the company that releases the dvds in australia has an online store and from memory they do have international shipping so you could check them out. of course it would be region 4 discs but most dvd-drives and multi-regional dvd players would solve that pretty easily.

forgot to mention the company is madman entertainment:
madman.com.au

Scythe
I've been meaning to get a mutli region dvd player to watch the UK seasons of RiD.

Sadako of Girth
Pretty much all DVD players these days are multi region when unlocked by model specific code. Do a search for your model and you should find said code. Once entered, happy multiregioning.

Scythe
Pretty much all DVD players these days are multi region when unlocked by model specific code. Do a search for your model and you should find said code. Once entered, happy multiregioning.

Oh? Could you give me some more info? I'm not sure I quite understand.

J_M
Isn't Transformers too old a movie now to be discussing about now?

Scythe
Originally posted by J_M

Transformers is much more than a movie. This isn't a transformers movie thread, this thread is regarding the original G1 cartoon series.

Sadako of Girth
Oh? Could you give me some more info? I'm not sure I quite understand.

PMed you. smile

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by J_M

If you mean the recent movie, then perhaps a more apt question would be:

"Isn't Transformers too shit a movie to be discussing about now...?" smokin'

Scythe
PMed you. smile

Thank you!

ultra streak
well in all ive read some funny post on g1 i never thought of how the heck dev. would fit in aetrotrain or where the season 2 g1 sitting in the breakroom drinking coffee and eating donuts till some-one scream back up lol but any ways i wish that the transformer kept with kinda the oringinal story after the movie where unicron was destory or was he was my thought till this day and after watching it few days ago 3x in a row wow i miss g1 need to find it and watch it thanks guys im loving it eat your heart out mcdonalds

Tenebrous
Originally posted by ultra streak
well in all ive read some funny post on g1 i never thought of how the heck dev. would fit in aetrotrain or where the season 2 g1 sitting in the breakroom drinking coffee and eating donuts till some-one scream back up lol but any ways i wish that the transformer kept with kinda the oringinal story after the movie where unicron was destory or was he was my thought till this day and after watching it few days ago 3x in a row wow i miss g1 need to find it and watch it thanks guys im loving it eat your heart out mcdonalds

can you please pass the pipe.

Scythe
So, I bought the Chinese dvd box set of Transformers G1. Oh my god.... They're obviously doing something America isn't over there. It's amazing! Comes with 15 discs, 14 of them carry seasons 1-3 and the movie. The extra disc is like a making-of featurette, and it has an awesome book display with every single bot's stats on it. Metal tin, nifty keychain and awesome looking postcards accounted for. I recommend, highly. Even though it's in Chinese, the audio function on every dvd remote will fix that to English.

Sadako of Girth
I would, but I have em all already. And that set was enough cash...

Scythe
I would, but I have em all already. And that set was enough cash...

How much did your collection set you back?

Sadako of Girth
Around eighty-ninety quid in all....
I bought Season 2 part 2 first, then Season 2 part 1 and season 1, then finally season three+ the US headmasters later.

Scythe
US has Headmasters?

Sadako of Girth
Yeah it was meant to be season 4 but was like a little three part miniseries, called "The rebirth"..

It wrapped up the G1 story in the US.

Not to be confused with the Japanese run. Which had totally different events.

Mines the Metrodome set.

Scythe
Yeah it was meant to be season 4 but was like a little three part miniseries, called "The rebirth"..

It wrapped up the G1 story in the US.

Not to be confused with the Japanese run. Which had totally different events.

Mines the Metrodome set.

Yeah, the Chinese box set I have has the Rebirth episodes.

Scythe
Holy shit, MP-Grimlock photos

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/uploads/1236604587_MP_Grimlock.jpg

Sadako of Girth
Yeah looks a lot better in colour.....
Expensive, yet essential. Gonna have to get all the Dinos, if they make em.

Utter G1 fan-gasm.

I like the way they dealt with the tail stowing in the legs.

F**k I like everything about it, except for the fact that I dont own one yet.

Scythe
Yeah looks a lot better in colour.....
Expensive, yet essential. Gonna have to get all the Dinos, if they make em.

Utter G1 fan-gasm.

I like the way they dealt with the tail stowing in the legs.

F**k I like everything about it, except for the fact that I dont own one yet.

It is pretty sweet, and it is quite expensive, goddamn it.

utsav
hey i don't know that there is a series of tht time thankx for knowing now will watch the series.

Scythe
Originally posted by utsav
hey i don't know that there is a series of tht time thankx for knowing now will watch the series.

Uh, what do you mean? You didn't know G1 existed?

Sadako of Girth
Why would a youngster today...?

It was 25 years ago and they arent repeated an awful lot on TV (here at least).

Scythe

Yeah, the old toons aren't shown anymore. We used to have a Chinese channel that would rerun old Headmasters and Beast Wars II episodes in Chinese, but I couldn't understand it, so never watched it.

Sadako of Girth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnOHLisRyaM&feature=related

Scythe
Hahaha.

Sadako of Girth
There like three or four of em.

Good to see Dr.Smoov involved.

Doctor-Alvis

Internet.

Sadako of Girth
Glad to hear it. smile

Sadako of Girth
G1 Jetfire pisses on BayJetfire.

...fact.

vandalworks
pity the g1 jetfire was a ripoff from macross tho. so i spose bays has more originality.

OB1-adobe
What G1 era do a lot you guys like the best:

Pre movie- "Autobots, transform and roll out!",

or Post movie- "Shut up Blur!"

Scythe
What G1 era do a lot you guys like the best:

Pre movie- "Autobots, transform and roll out!",

or Post movie- "Shut up Blur!"

Pre movie for me. Lack of Optimus made it hard for me to enjoy.

Doctor-Alvis
Glad to hear it. smile
That didn't occur to you? I mean, not only that but the generation overlap. I watched, then later researched, some G1 thus I can tell my younger friends what characters did what in that series because they were too young to remember it and didn't care enough to look it up on the internet.

Scythe

I'm so glad I got that Chinese box set, it's in English and boasts all 97 episodes plus the movie. At about 2hrs every other day of watching, I barely finished the whole thing.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah it takes you longer than 2hrs a day to get through... Especially on season 2...

Scythe
Yeah it takes you longer than 2hrs a day to get through... Especially on season 2...

Didn't really like season 2, and some episodes were just, ugh...

Sadako of Girth
Not as urrrrgggggh as season 3 though.

Scythe
Not as urrrrgggggh as season 3 though.

That too, but Season 3 was real short, so it was alright.

Sadako of Girth
Thats a bit close to "Oh I dont mind that I was anally raped...At least the rape was short." for my liking. stick out tongue

Scythe
Thats a bit close to "Oh I dont mind that I was anally raped...At least the rape was short." for my liking. stick out tongue

Haha, but wait! Wasn't "Call to thee Primitives" I think is what that episode was called, in season 3?

Kazenji
I did'nt mind Season 3 i liked alot more then what they got up in Season 2.

OB1-adobe
I guess I have real soft soft spot for post movie (seasons 3 & 4)transformers. Probably because most of my toys were from that era:

Galvatron
Cyclonus with target master
Ultramagnus
Rodimus prime
Wreckgar
Powemaster Optimus prime

roughrider
Has anyone notice with prime in G1 when he transforms into his truck form his trailer just appears out of no where and then when he goes back to robot form just magically disappears

One of the original series writers - Flint Dille - apparently commented on that on the commentary track for TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE. They joked Prime's trailer was made of 'invisiblanion' or something like that laughing which is why it always disappeared when he changed to robot form (so how come it always showed up wherever he was when he changed back?)

That's why I thought Ultra Magnus, who got released two years later, was a superior toy. Because his truck form combined with his trailer to make a bigger robot - maybe that's what Optimus should have done from the start. Wasn't until Powermaster Optimus Prime in 1988, that he had that ability.

Doctor-Alvis
Optimus Prime's trailer disappearing has been a running joke about him for ages.

Scythe
Hahaha, I remember a few years ago, I was on this TF site where people were commenting about G1, and this dude calling himself the Autobot Emo made a statement that read: "I wish I could go where Optimus Prime's trailer goes at times..." in all seriousness. I laughed. Hard.

Doctor-Alvis
That's awesome.

Sadako of Girth
Haha, but wait! Wasn't "Call to thee Primitives" I think is what that episode was called, in season 3?

Im not saying that it didnt have some gems...
Just the most aliens and stuff they started sticking in, and getting away from the earth thing, they ran too far from home in more ways than one.

Scythe
Im not saying that it didnt have some gems...
Just the most aliens and stuff they started sticking in, and getting away from the earth thing, they ran too far from home in more ways than one.

Yeah, I agree, totally. It was hard to enjoy. I remember that episode about the hunt for Ultra Magnus' birthday, I was like: "They could be doing a million other kick ass things right now..."

Sadako of Girth
I just wanted Cyclonus to kill everyone and everything involved in that episode. Its like the "Spock's Brain" episode for TFs.

Scythe
I just wanted Cyclonus to kill everyone and everything involved in that episode. Its like the "Spock's Brain" episode for TFs.

Cyclonus was pretty cool, for a Galvy b*tch, not as much as Scourge though. He even made a cameo on TF's: Animated, he kicked as he did.

Sadako of Girth
Well Skywarp was really cool also, and he was a Megatron b*tch...
(Maybe that transferred as he was shown being rebuilt into if not Cyclonus, then one of his Sweep clones.)

Scythe
Well Skywarp was really cool also, and he was a Megatron b*tch...
(Maybe that transferred as he was shown being rebuilt into if not Cyclonus, then one of his Sweep clones.)

Yeah, what was up with that? Did Skywarp turn into Cyclonus and Thundercracker to Scourge? I've always thought that since they shared colors. Skywarp/Cyclonus - Purple Thundercracker/Scourge - Blue. I'm not sure of that's true though. I haven't seen the animated film in months.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah I think it was shown that Skywarp and one of the Insecticons are shown being rebuilt into Cyclonus and a clone.

Skywarp was in the background I think.

I prefer to believe its Skywarp, both for reasons of being loyal to Megatron such as he was, the familiarity with seeker/sweep like activities, even the colour scheme looks Skywarpish. (and also for my own reason of Skywarp being my first Decepticon as a kid.. stick out tongue )

Gu Honse
I think I'm around issue 26-27. Loved the Shockwave/Megatron battle awhile back, haha.

Aside from Shockwave taking all of the Transformers out, save for one, from what I recall.

Scythe
Originally posted by Gu Honse
I think I'm around issue 26-27. Loved the Shockwave/Megatron battle awhile back, haha.

Aside from Shockwave taking all of the Transformers out, save for one, from what I recall.

I remember that, neat stuff.

Sadako of Girth
That would have been in the twenties of the UK run. For sure.
Earlier though, in the US run. One of the my favorite one on one battles in the run.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/1/11/MarvelUS-06.jpg
It lead to Ratchet recovering the Dinobots, trapped in a tar pit for 4,000,000 years after their first battle with Shockwave..

Mitigation for those finished off/defeated by Shockwave in US#4/UK#8:

Sparkplug had poisoned the Decepticon fuel, making it corrosive so the Decepticons were already defeated by the Autobots/corrosion.

The 5 Autobots who fought (The rest were deactivated having sacrificed their energy/fuel to superpower the 5 that fought), were largely spent.
Prime had even lost an arm to Megatron's fusion cannon.....Mirage had lost his to Ravage. Then getting a massive cave-in on top of all parties caused by Shockwave was the final straw ensuring an easy-as-possible win for Shockwave.

Not saying Shockwave was a pussy, (He was definitely a bad motherfu*ker) but had all those TFs been at full strength, and the Autobots all there, it may have been different for Shockwave maybe...

I loved it and that whole arc so much.

The characters and writing were so strong....

Scythe
I miss that shit.

Sadako of Girth
They can still be revisited these days via various means. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.