Queen of Fables vs Mighty Avengers/Omega Flight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
Omega Flight
Arachne
Beta Ray Bill
Guardian
Sasquatch
Talisman
U.S.Agent

and

The Mighty Avengers
Ares
Black Widow
Iron Man
Ms. Marvel
The Sentry
Wasp
Wonder Man

Do the teams have what it takes to defeat the Queen of Fables and have a happily ever after?

Symmetric Chaos
No one there seems like much of a threat except Talismain.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Omega Flight
Arachne
Beta Ray Bill
Guardian
Sasquatch
Talisman
U.S.Agent

and

The Mighty Avengers
Ares
Black Widow
Iron Man
Ms. Marvel
The Sentry
Wasp
Wonder Man

Do the teams have what it takes to defeat the Queen of Fables and have a happily ever after?

Talisman alone can defeat her.

shksprtx
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS

Agreed. The rest are really just there to create a distraction while Talisman whips up something nasty to put the hurt on the Queen...

guy222
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS

yes

TricksterPriest
The JLA only beat the queen by using Wonder Woman's magic lasso. Which means, Talisman is their only chance.

tjcoady
I disagree that Talisman is the only one that can hurt her. The Sentry's broken out of Strange's illusion magic before and Stormbreaker is obviously effective against magical enemies. Talisman is obviously the big gun on the team, but that doesn't mean that Asgardian magic and the mental abilities of the Sentry couldn't do a lot of damage. I say the teams take it.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by tjcoady
I disagree that Talisman is the only one that can hurt her. The Sentry's broken out of Strange's illusion magic before and Stormbreaker is obviously effective against magical enemies. Talisman is obviously the big gun on the team, but that doesn't mean that Asgardian magic and the mental abilities of the Sentry couldn't do a lot of damage. I say the teams take it.

QueenOfFables can do more than illusion IIRC so Sentry won't help much.

I don't know enough about StormBreaker to say if it would be help.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
QueenOfFables can do more than illusion IIRC so Sentry won't help much.

I don't know enough about StormBreaker to say if it would be help.

my point wasn't that Sentry is only effective against illusions; my point is that she's a creature based on magic, and the Sentry has shown to be, at times, mentally stronger than a lot of really powerful magic.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by tjcoady
my point wasn't that Sentry is only effective against illusions; my point is that she's a creature based on magic, and the Sentry has shown to be, at times, mentally stronger than a lot of really powerful magic.

By "a lot of really powerful magic" do you mean one simple illusion spell?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
The JLA only beat the queen by using Wonder Woman's magic lasso. Which means, Talisman is their only chance. And one of her creations snapped the Lasso in two iirc. 313

WW got lucky.

tjcoady
By "a lot of really powerful magic" do you mean one simple illusion spell?

it wasn't really a "simple" illusion spell. Dr. Strange was struggling pretty hard to keep it up, which you can tell by the sweat on his face and his shouted comments to Nick Fury.

but you're right. I've been drinking a little, and just as I wrote that comment and pressed "submit reply" I realized that I should edit it, but then kinda just forgot to do that.

your objection is true, but regardless, my point remains the same- Beta Ray Bill and the Sentry could probably do some damage to the Queen of Fables.

TricksterPriest
Bullshit feat. Strange is depowered. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And Talisman is the only chance they have. If the JLA couldn't bring her down without Wonder Woman, then this team has no chance without Talisman. smile

xmarksthespot
But would the others prove enough of a distraction for Talisman to do something? And what would Talisman do exactly - does she have any artifacts on the level of the Lasso with regard to dispelling the Queen's powers?

Symmetric Chaos
But would the others prove enough of a distraction for Talisman to do something? And what would Talisman do exactly - does she have any artifacts on the level of the Lasso with regard to dispelling the Queen's powers?

Can't she influence or channel the spirits of nearby magical beings?

shksprtx

She can channel and control magical energy, control the spirits which reside in all things, and she also has her father's pouch, from which she can draw a virtually unlimited number of magical artifacts.

She also has access to 20,000 years worth of accumulated wisdom from those who wore the Talisman before her.

King_Mungi

Yeppers, she now possesses Shaman's medicine bag meaning she has complete and utter access to the Void.

Correct, even skyfather beings because they were from the spirit world. Also she can simply cancel out magic as she has done so easily against Loki.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by shksprtx
She can channel and control magical energy, control the spirits which reside in all things, and she also has her father's pouch, from which she can draw a virtually unlimited number of magical artifacts.

She also has access to 20,000 years worth of accumulated wisdom from those who wore the Talisman before her. That doesn't really tell me how she'd defeat the Queen of Fables... that tells me that she's a powerful sorceress, which I already know... but not what exactly she does to win...Originally posted by King_Mungi
Yeppers, she now possesses Shaman's medicine bag meaning she has complete and utter access to the Void.

Correct, even skyfather beings because they were from the spirit world. Also she can simply cancel out magic as she has done so easily against Loki. What items from her bag of magicks would be equivalent to the Lasso?

blink Talisman can control Skyfathers?

King_Mungi
What items from her bag of magicks would be equivalent to the Lasso?

blink Talisman can control Skyfathers?

Handful of baubles for starters. The full scope of the Void has yet to be revealed, but inside consists of millions of worlds, with trillions of magical spells and artifacts that Shaman gained his abilities from.

http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Baubles

Yeppers, she controlled the Northern Gods and Great Beasts. Even mentions it in her recent handbook entry too. BOOYAH!

xmarksthespot
Outside help rule. 313

Why does she even bother being on a team...?

Could she control the likes of Zeus or Odin? Gaea? Atum the God Eater? Not that the Queen is on their level, just out of curiosity.

King_Mungi
Outside help rule. 313

Why does she even bother being on a team...?

Could she control the likes of Zeus or Odin? Gaea? Atum the God Eater? Not that the Queen is on their level, just out of curiosity.

Why does Strange bother being on a team? wink

No information to say she simply can, I guess we have to wait till we figure out where the Great Beasts and Northern Gods are in the skyfather heiarchy.
====
1. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/A_Flight9/AlphaFlight38-17.jpg
2. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/A_Flight9/AlphaFlight38-18.jpg
3. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/A_Flight9/AlphaFlight38-19.jpg
4. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/A_Flight9/AlphaFlight38-20.jpg

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Why does Strange bother being on a team? wink Because current Strange < ninja. 313

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by King_Mungi
No information to say she simply can, I guess we have to wait till we figure out where the Great Beasts and Northern Gods are in the skyfather heiarchy.

Well since Canada <<< Scandanavia . . .

I'd say they're Vishnu level smokin'

King_Mungi
Because current Strange < ninja. 313

Good point

When New Avengers and Omega Flight clash in the future their bout should be interesting...well depending on who is writing it.
===
Talisman is also an uber teleporter she even teleported an entire city with hundreds of thousands of people in it to a backwater dimension.

King_Mungi

xmarksthespot
I thought the Elder Gods only consisted of Gaea, Set, Chthon, Atum...

King_Mungi
Nope, even the Great Beasts are called Elder Gods, to be exact "the Elder Gods of the Night"

Their actually older then the Earth itself

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.