U.S. Lage Behind World In The Grasp Of Genetics and Evolution?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AngryManatee
Original Article Here

Is our country getting dumber?

ragesRemorse
Yes, The Moon, SUn and all of the stars too

FeceMan
Lol @ article in "Creation and Evolution" thread.

Victor Von Doom
Now this is certainly big news.

Fishy
Well it kinda does prove that the US is filled with idiots, and Turkey.. Turkey is also filled with idiots.

It also proves that 23% of people in Japan need a better education, because they are idiots. Not to mention that anywhere from 1 to 20% of the people in Denmark, Sweden and France also need better education that stops them from being idiots...

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Fishy
Well it kinda does prove that the US is filled with idiots

Hold the front page.

Devil King
It would be nice to see the population numbers for the countries in question, because I just don't buy that we're that far behind.

Fishy
Originally posted by Devil King
It would be nice to see the population numbers for the countries in question, because I just don't buy that we're that far behind.

What does the total number matter here? Unless you want to prove that there are more idiots in absolute numbers in the US too? But I'm bored so I looked it up.

Denmark has a population of 5,447,084 meaning at least 4,357,667.2 smart people at most and 1,089,416.8 idiots.

France has a population of 64,102,140 meaning at least 51,281,928 smart people and at most 12,820,428 idiots

Sweden has a population of 9,127,058 meaning at least 7,301,646.4 smart people and at most 1,825,411.6 idiots

Japan has a population of 127,433,494 meaning exactly 99,398,125.32 smart people and 28,035,368.68 idiots,

The latest US estimate is 300,000,000. Meaning 120,000,000 smart people and 180,000,000 idiots.

inimalist
so, what does it mean for America when in 30 years, China has the most advanced genetics program in the world since their crap with "creationism" is pretty much non existent.

I guess that presumes that you believe the forecasts of China becoming the world's next super power.

Fishy
Originally posted by inimalist
so, what does it mean for America when in 30 years, China has the most advanced genetics program in the world since their crap with "creationism" is pretty much non existent.

I guess that presumes that you believe the forecasts of China becoming the world's next super power.

Seems very likely that they will be, or do you think the US is going to keep it's title? Not like it matters. Having a country filled with more idiots doesn't automatically make you a country that's overall stupid and weak.

As long as the smart people are really smart, and the US has proven that they have really smart people plenty of times.

Robtard
You know what's really dumb... Saying "Not believing in Evolution = Stupid Person" as a rule.

WrathfulDwarf

Denmark has a population of 5,447,084 meaning at least 4,357,667.2 smart people at most and 1,089,416.8 idiots.

France has a population of 64,102,140 meaning at least 51,281,928 smart people and at most 12,820,428 idiots

Sweden has a population of 9,127,058 meaning at least 7,301,646.4 smart people and at most 1,825,411.6 idiots

Japan has a population of 127,433,494 meaning exactly 99,398,125.32 smart people and 28,035,368.68 idiots,

The latest US estimate is 300,000,000. Meaning 120,000,000 smart people and 180,000,000 idiots.

All that proves is that there are a lot of idiots in the entire world. So what's new?

inimalist
Seems very likely that they will be, or do you think the US is going to keep it's title? Not like it matters. Having a country filled with more idiots doesn't automatically make you a country that's overall stupid and weak.

As long as the smart people are really smart, and the US has proven that they have really smart people plenty of times.

During the Cold War, the Soviets rejected genetics as American science, and invented their own science for farmers to use and grow grain with. Needless to say, this lead to major setbacks in Russian science in biology (It was illegal to study genetics much like it is illegal to study stem cells ) and also to major famine.

Its not that there wont be smart people in America, it is that the American smart people may be limited in what they can study and how they are allowed to apply it to people.

And, though completely off topic, I think India is much more aptly suited to become the next major power in the World than China.

Member.
well, back then, the majority of western civilization thought the earth was flat, doesnt' mean they were all idiots.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Robtard
You know what's really dumb... Saying "Not believing in Evolution = Stupid Person" as a rule.
I consider aggravated homosexual assault to be funny.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by FeceMan

Is homosexual modifying aggravated or assault?

FeceMan
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Is homosexual modifying aggravated or assault?
You bring up an interesting point.

*Ponders.*

It modifies "assault," but I find the possibility of its modifying "homosexual" humorous.

Also...

Breaking news: The U.S. lags behind the rest of the world in the grasp of the English language.

botankus
If you don't give a sh!t, does that count as not accepting it as well?

inimalist
Originally posted by botankus
If you don't give a sh!t, does that count as not accepting it as well?

you have no interest in truth?

botankus
Call me selfish, but even if it's true or not, I have other interests and spend very little time contemplating this matter. So therefore, if whoever conducted this poll were to survey me, they would probably mark me down as not accepting it.

P.S. What the hell is the "US Lage?" I'm guessing it's either "Lags" or referring to the Luge Team, which is behind the world.

inimalist
thats really unfortunate... sad

botankus
Yes, it is.

Robtard

In that case... I shat my bed, can I sleep with you tonight?

Fishy
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
All that proves is that there are a lot of idiots in the entire world. So what's new?

New prove for existing theory's is always nice... A waste of time, but still it's nice to hear that the world is filled with idiots every now and then.

You know what's also really dumb? Believing a 2000 year old book instead of hundreds of thousands of scientists and tons of evidence.

Robtard

You know what's also really dumb? Believing a 2000 year old book instead of hundreds of thousands of scientists and tons of evidence.

I agree, but lack of belief, or belief in something else doesn't make someone factually a "stupid person". Ignorant?

Fishy
I agree, but lack of belief, or belief in something else doesn't make someone factually a "stupid person".

Not on everything no, but surely on this subject... And their refusal to accept facts also does not really speak for them.

FeceMan
Believing a 2000 year old book instead of hundreds of thousands of scientists and tons of evidence.
A divinely inspired 2,000-year-old rulebook.

You know what's also dumb?

Groupthink. (Piltdown man, amirite? No, no, only those Bible-thumpers.)

Robtard

True, but it only took 40 years for the Science community to acknowledge it's own faults and foolishness. wink

King Kandy
Originally posted by Member.
well, back then, the majority of western civilization thought the earth was flat, doesnt' mean they were all idiots.
In the cold war?

Really, eh?

Fishy

Divinly inspired according to the church.

Not like it even matters, we know for a fact that not everything in the bible can be taking literally because a lot of things are just wrong. We know that things were translated and books were removed or things were put in at a later date. Believing in God is fine with me, but believing in the Bible and believing that it somehow holds universal truth when clear scientific evidence says otherwise is stupid.

FeceMan
Divinly inspired according to the church.
Well, according to Paul.

Some would argue otherwise.

(Wait for it: "And they'd be wrong, derkaderk."wink

ragesRemorse
if there is any creedence to this, it would be because we enduce more synthetic chemicals than any other country.

thats my guess, but then again, i think its a bullshit claim

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.